The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• parel jam wrote:
    Wasn't that Heerenveen? I don't know any players we bought from Partizan, except for Milko Djurovski in the past. :)

Mmmmh maybe you are right but that would be a bad mistake sorry.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • No it actually was Groningen. But it wasn't closed, the top suggested that it was.

http://www.fcupdate.nl/nieuws/2007/01/29/_groningen_haalt_linksback_lomic_van_partizan_/
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    that would be a bad mistake sorry.
    You're right about that!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    parel jam wrote:
    You're right about that!
    haha, Is it really that hard that Heerenveen is 6 points above Groningen? :D
    Klumpie wrote:
    haha, Is it really that hard that Heerenveen is 6 points above Groningen? :D

Well, a little bit...

moreover, they are Frisians ;)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
    parel jam wrote:
    Well, a little bit...

moreover, they are Frisians ;)

ah well, tomorrow the gap is only 3 points? ;)

Frisians are strange peoples, yes.
    Klumpie wrote:
    ah well, tomorrow the gap is only 3 points? ;)

Hope so...the last games we lost unfortunately, we could use a winning match again.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Dercheef wrote:
    Schweinsteiger and Lahm are both better and came from the bayern youth. I think Hargreaves is pretty overrated. In all of those years he had maybe 15-20 good games for Bayern.

I don't think so. The problem is that Hargreaves played at different positions. He played right,left defense ,right and left midfield and def midfield. I can't remember a very bad game from him. Lahm developped his game in Stuttgart even if he came from Bayern youth think that he made the biggest devellopement in Stuttgart. For Schweinsteiger you're right ;)
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • No it actually was Groningen. But it wasn't closed, the top suggested that it was.

http://www.fcupdate.nl/nieuws/2007/01/29/_groningen_haalt_linksback_lomic_van_partizan_/

I wonder if it will go on anyway now that the transfer window is closed. It was a good side, but I don't really remember how the left back played. Still it would be nice to relive the Djrovski link.
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    I don't think so. The problem is that Hargreaves played at different positions. He played right,left defense ,right and left midfield and def midfield. I can't remember a very bad game from him. Lahm developped his game in Stuttgart even if he came from Bayern youth think that he made the biggest devellopement in Stuttgart. For Schweinsteiger you're right ;)

Well if I could get 30 million for him I'd take it, he definitly isn't that good.:D
  • Well if I could get 30 million for him I'd take it, he definitly isn't that good.:D

for that money bm are surely trying to get ribéry !
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    luxpjamer wrote:
    ribery isn't that good either ;)
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Dercheef wrote:
    ribery isn't that good either ;)

Meaning no one is worth 30 million? I think Ribery is a very good creative player with a lot of fighting spirit. A good adition to their team I'd say.
    Meaning no one is worth 30 million? I think Ribery is a very good creative player with a lot of fighting spirit. A good adition to their team I'd say.

worthless player, one of the most overrated player. just like whole France
    Klumpie wrote:
    I wholeheartly agree!!!
    :D:D:D
    Meaning no one is worth 30 million?
    Klose,Diego,Lampard,Terry,C.Ronaldo and a few others I just can't think of right now. Ribery is a good player (like Hargreaves) but defo not worth 30 millions.
  • Dercheef wrote:
    Klose,Diego,Lampard,Terry,C.Ronaldo and a few others I just can't think of right now. Ribery is a good player (like Hargreaves) but defo not worth 30 millions.

Well for a player who has little expirience on the highest level 30 million seems a little too much sure, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Besides if you are going to mention C. Ronaldo well than hell Ribery is great.:D If you are talking overrated you´r surely talking C. Ronaldo. I'd rather have Ribery with his fighting spirit than that fucking cry baby.
    But like you said 30 million is too much.
  • Klumpie wrote:

Henry, Thuram, Zidane, Pires, Gallas, Trezequet, Govou, Cisse, Malbraque, Malouda, Evra,............. I don´t know how they are rated, but I´d say they are pretty good players.
  • luxpjamer wrote:

It would be a good buy, but these are insane amounts of money to pay for both players. I think Hargreaves is more along the line of 15 million and Ribery something like 20 considering his expirience.
  • i will just drop a name here ...he will be worth 30 million one day if the clubs really notice what a perfect player he is...Klose
    and maybe on the way for such is M. Gomez....
  • Dercheef wrote:

I hope C Ronaldo will never play for BM. He's the only player in the World who is able to break my fan-love to BM. What a shitty guy!!!
    Ribery is a good player. I saw him playing against Lyon for two days at TV he is very present on the field, great passes, dribblings and very dangerous when he's going to the goal. No, this man isn't overated at all!
  • Well for a player who has little expirience on the highest level 30 million seems a little too much sure, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Besides if you are going to mention C. Ronaldo well than hell Ribery is great.:D If you are talking overrated you´r surely talking C. Ronaldo. I'd rather have Ribery with his fighting spirit than that fucking cry baby.
    But like you said 30 million is too much.

Good point !
  • Henry, Thuram, Zidane, Pires, Gallas, Trezequet, Govou, Cisse, Malbraque, Malouda, Evra,............. I don´t know how they are rated, but I´d say they are pretty good players.

Saying that the french players are overrated is non-sense! They have the best team in the world. Look at the 8 last years !!!!!
    Sorry but I'd rather say that the Netherlands are overrated what have they achieved the last 15 years.?? They are still living in the past, talking about Cruyff, Gullit, Van Basten, the good ajax time. Those days are over. On the european level there is just Psv who made good games the last years.
    Don't get me wrong the Netherlands still have good players but they were not able to form a good team. Look at Van der Vaart. He's a good player but there is something missing....
    I saw them here in Luxemburg and I would like to thank them because it was the first game for a long time I had the impression that we are gonna take points;)
  • i will just drop a name here ...he will be worth 30 million one day if the clubs really notice what a perfect player he is...Klose
    and maybe on the way for such is M. Gomez....

Well he is obviously a guarantee for goals so yeah. But apparently he doesn't want to go to Bayern. I don't know the situation with his contract, but if he has renewed it the club that wants him would surely have to pay a handsome amount of euro's.:D
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    Saying that the french players are overrated is non-sense! They have the best team in the world. Look at the 8 last years !!!!!
    Sorry but I'd rather say that the Netherlands are overrated what have they achieved the last 15 years.?? They are still living in the past, talking about Cruyff, Gullit, Van Basten, the good ajax time. Those days are over. On the european level there is just Psv who made good games the last years.
    Don't get me wrong the Netherlands still have good players but they were not able to form a good team. Look at Van der Vaart. He's a good player but there is something missing....
    I saw them here in Luxemburg and I would like to thank them because it was the first game for a long time I had the impression that we are gonna take points;)

Hey I wasn't the one who said France player were overrated, and still you end up kicking me. What is that about?:D
    Still I think you are wrong when it comes to Holland, I don't think we are overrated. They are rated just fine, they are never the favourite they are always an outsider, to me that seems to be right.
    As for what have Dutch teams accomplished over the last 15 years? Well that would take us back to 1992, lets see.

- Dutch national team semi finals Euro '92
    - Ajax won the UEFA cup
    - Feyenoord semi finals Euro cup II
    - Dutch national team World cup 94, quarter final
    - PSV quarter final
    - Ajax quarter finals Champions league
    - Ajax won the champions league
    - Ajax won the World cup.
    - Ajax lost the final C.L.
    - Dutch national team Euro 96, quarter final
    - Ajax quarter final C.L.
    - Dutch national team World cup 98, semi final
    - PSV quarter final UEFA cup
    - Dutch national team Euro 2000, semi final
    - PSV Semi finals UEFA cup
    - Feyenoord won the UEFA cup
    - Ajax quarter final C.L.
    - Dutch national team Euro 04, semi final
    - PSV semi final C.L.
    - AZ semi final UEFA cup
    - Dutch national team World cup 06, quarter final

I would say that incomplete list above is pretty decent, perhaps it is you who overrate them and has placed us in a class that isn't realistic. When it comes to national teams we belong in the large group just under Germany, Italy, Argentina and Brazil.
    On club level there are the English, Spanish, German, Italian and French leagues that are structurally above us.

I'd like to remind you that even though Holland is bigger than Luxembourg we still are a small country so if anything we get to little credit for what we achieve.
    But hey I am happy that we gave you a good night. You are right on acount of that match, but I don't hold that as the standerd. The match before that one was absolutely brilliant. You could have also mentioned PSV totally over classing Milan or the match Chech-Holland. Lets face it Holland is a team that can play amazing matches, but usually aren't able to finish it at the last moment. Still we do better than quite a few countries.

At least we are good enough for me to not have a foreign club as my favourite.;):D
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    luxpjamer wrote:

haha you're totally right about Holland, but we're just a small country. But France was Zidane and Zidane doesn't play anymore. Look at the results of France with and without him.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    haha you're totally right about Holland, but we're just a small country. But France was Zidane and Zidane doesn't play anymore. Look at the results of France with and without him.

You have a weird way of rating teams my friend.

It isn't strange when a country loses a class act like Zidane that they have to adjust. France is a hard team to beat.

It isn't strange when a country loses a class act like Zidane that they have to adjust.
    That brings me back to the fact that Zidane hadn't played any good for the last 4 years imo.
    Dercheef wrote:
    That brings me back to the fact that Zidane hadn't played any good for the last 4 years imo.

He beated Brasil alone in the last WC in the quarter final. ;)
    You have a weird way of rating teams my friend.

But then there is always a good discussion after it. ;)