The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Dercheef wrote:
    That brings me back to the fact that Zidane hadn't played any good for the last 4 years imo.

Jeez we are flying all over the place here. :D

I think that is a bit too strong put, but yeah he and Madrid didn't reach their level from before. Still he was a good player that could make the diverance even when he wasn't at the hieght of his game.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Klumpie wrote:
    But then there is always a good discussion after it. ;)

Oh now I get it you are trying to assume the role of Jan Mulder.:D
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Oh now I get it you are trying to assume the role of Jan Mulder.:D
    he he finally you got it. If you want a discussion then you have to make point where noone will agree.
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    Klumpie wrote:
    He beated Brasil alone in the last WC in the quarter final. ;)
    Honestly, Brazil was so bad on that day it's a shame for France that they only scored once. Zidane had a few good moves but what has he achieved with his moves for his team? Nothing! He assisted on the winning goal with a freekick into the penalty area where more attackers were then defenders. It definatly was his best game at the worldcup though, what only shows that he was pretty bad.
    I know I'm alone with my opinion on him :D
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Dercheef wrote:
    Honestly, Brazil was so bad on that day it's a shame for France that they only scored once. Zidane had a few good moves but what has he achieved with his moves for his team? Nothing! He assisted on the winning goal with a freekick into the penalty area where more attackers were then defenders. It definatly was his best game at the worldcup though, what only shows that he was pretty bad.
    I know I'm alone with my opinion on him :D

Now that last remark at least shows some insight.;)
    So herr Stevens ist ihre neue coach ladygooddiva
    hey amentvedder here a little movie from Ricksen. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjoVqjEH_i8
  • Klumpie wrote:
    haha you're totally right about Holland, but we're just a small country. But France was Zidane and Zidane doesn't play anymore. Look at the results of France with and without him.

They are not worser since he's not there anymore ! I think every nation would have problem after a player like Zidane ends his carreer!
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • At least we are good enough for me to not have a foreign club as my favourite.;):D
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hahaha :)

Ouch! you got me!

;)

But my fav team is F91 DIDDELENG ! Noone knows them here even that we past the first champ qualif round by beating the bosnian champ two years ago :D

And don't get me wrong I really like the way the Netherlands are able to play. They are technically a great team but I think that now they aren't as good as some years ago.
    They have really good players like Kuyt and Van der Vaart but I really think that there is something missing like the absolutely will to win a game and some people who are able to take responsabilities on the pitch. (in my eyes there is just Van der Sar!)
    But that could also just be Van Basten's fault!;)
  • a pic from the GREATEST fan block in the world !!!!!!

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o42/luxpjamer/bulg.jpg

Another one ( I'm the one with the red cap on the right corner)

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o42/luxpjamer/letz-tierk.jpg
  • Klumpie wrote:

Good Luck
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    Hahaha :)

Ouch! you got me!

;)

But my fav team is F91 DIDDELENG ! Noone knows them here even that we past the first champ qualif round by beating the bosnian champ two years ago :D

And don't get me wrong I really like the way the Netherlands are able to play. They are technically a great team but I think that now they aren't as good as some years ago.
    They have really good players like Kuyt and Van der Vaart but I really think that there is something missing like the absolutely will to win a game and some people who are able to take responsabilities on the pitch. (in my eyes there is just Van der Sar!)
    But that could also just be Van Basten's fault!;)

That is definitely mostly van Basten's fault. he leaves out players that should be in the team.
    The absolute will to win, yes that is the way it would seem. I guess that is mostly because we do not only need to win a match it also has to look good.
    Tony Adams once asked Dennis Bergkamp what he wanted to do: Be a gracieus player and score fancy goals or win prizes. I guess that can be said for Dutch football it total. Besides that we are too down to earth to say we are gonna do this for our great nation and go over bodies to get the result we want. I know it may seem differently if you see the crowd dressed in orange, but that is just because we like a good party.;)
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    a pic from the GREATEST fan block in the world !!!!!!

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o42/luxpjamer/bulg.jpg

Another one ( I'm the one with the red cap on the right corner)

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o42/luxpjamer/letz-tierk.jpg

hahahha, it's good of you to say so, but I don't think I will recognise you from now on. It was rather small. What match was that?
  • That is definitely mostly van Basten's fault. he leaves out players that should be in the team.
    The absolute will to win, yes that is the way it would seem. I guess that is mostly because we do not only need to win a match it also has to look good.
    Tony Adams once asked Dennis Bergkamp what he wanted to do: Be a gracieus player and score fancy goals or win prizes. I guess that can be said for Dutch football it total. Besides that we are too down to earth to say we are gonna do this for our great nation and go over bodies to get the result we want. I know it may seem differently if you see the crowd dressed in orange, but that is just because we like a good party.;)

That's true. I think guys like Van the man or Van Bommel should play because they are not only good players but that are "real" guys with strong caracters.

But don't you think that it would be better if they were not so down to earth and play with pride ? My point of view is that if you play for a club or a nation you should be proud to do it. Only if that "proud" feelling is there you are able to go to your limits and a little more far.

I know it's not a real reference but that game against Luxemburg showed some things who are not going well: like the fact that if they play against smaller countries they are not willing to play well, to run and fight a little bit more.

0-0
    Holland mir heieren näischt! Holland mir heieren näischt!

0-1
    Sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning!

by the way the oranjes fans were really disappointing in Luxemburg!
  • hahahha, it's good of you to say so, but I don't think I will recognise you from now on. It was rather small. What match was that?

first bulgaria
    second Turkie

And this ? ;)

http://www.benem.lu/gallery/lux-ned/pages/100_3993.html
    http://www.ckemp.com/image/2006-09-02/_R6F3710.jpg
    We've got faith !
    http://www.ckemp.com/image/2006-09-02/_R6F3664.jpg
    En wie niet springt...
    ...en wie niet springt...
    ...en wie niet springt die is een fries...

1-1
  • And some people think Yankees-Red Sox is a big rivalry. Just awful that somebody doing their job gets killed for a sport.

"Football in Italy has been indefinitely suspended after a police officer was killed during serious trouble at the Sicilian derby between Catania and Palermo.

The policeman, named as Filippo Raciti, was 38.

According to reports, he was struck in the face by a small explosive while attempting to deal with fighting outside the stadium. He was taken to hospital but died from his injuries.

The Italian football federation (FIGC) held an emergency meeting on Friday evening, and commissioner Luca Pancalli then announced an immediate suspension of football.

"I have demanded a stop to all activity of football in Italy," Pancalli said in a statement. "Enough is enough.

"It's a situation that I cannot speak of. To lose your life at 38 is incredible. This is not a sport."

Speaking at a hastily-arranged press conference in Rome, Pancalli said the suspension would remain in place indefinitely.

"The football tournaments will remain suspended until we solve the violence in our football," he said. "It's unacceptable that such incidents happen in a country like Italy."

Italy were hoping to host the European Championships in 2012.

"At this moment I'm not thinking about [the bid] but should we lose our Euro 2012 bid because of this situation, we would deserve to lose it," Pancalli added.

Italy's national team was due to play Romania in Siena on Wednesday but that game - and the under-21 fixture against Belgium in Chieti on Tuesday - will not go ahead as things stand.

The president of the Italian Olympic Committee, Gianni Petrucci, has backed the FIGC's decision to suspend all football activity, and Italian Prime Minister Romano Prodi added his voice to those calling for action to be taken to stop the trouble.

"After the serious incidents that occurred tonight in Catania, my first thought is for the people that have been affected and for their families," he said.

"I feel a duty to say that we need a strong and clear signal to avoid the degeneration of this sport which we are seeing more dramatically and more often."

Around 100 people were reported to be injured - some seriously - after fighting erupted in the build-up to the game at the Angelo Massimino Stadium.

Trouble continued throughout the evening, with the game suspended for around 30 minutes at one stage.

Palermo won the match 2-1 but players and staff were held in the stadium by police after the game while the area was secured.

They reacted with disgust to the news that the officer had died.

Palermo coach Francesco Guidolin said: "I am extremely disappointed. Things cannot continue like this.

"We didn't know anything. We had to go back to the changing rooms because we couldn't breathe. If we cannot get into our heads that football is a sport we cannot live in the world of football.

"What has happened tonight offends sport and a beautiful city like Catania."

Club president Maurizio Zamparini added: "This evening no one has won. We have all lost. These people are not fans, but are delinquents that in other countries like England would have been arrested and seriously punished.

"Unfortunately in Italy these things are still allowed to happen. We need more severe laws."

Prior to kick-off a minute's silence had been held following the death of a club official from lower league club Sammartinese at a game last weekend.

Catania club executive Pietro Lo Monaco reacted to news of the officer's death by announcing he would leave football.

"I've heard that a policeman has died," he said. "To speak of football right now seems useless. For me this is the end. I will leave the football world.

"I don't recognise myself in this world anymore.

"I have loved football intensely but after this right now it seems absurd."

The Catania prosecutor's office has announced an investigation into the incident."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6326513.stm
    http://www.expressen.se/content/1/c6/86/16/97/5cf22388.jpg

http://www.calciocatania.it/
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    That's true. I think guys like Van the man or Van Bommel should play because they are not only good players but that are "real" guys with strong characters.

Yup they really should be in the national team, but for some reason it isn't meant to be. One would start to think it is because they are PSV players, but surely that can't be it.
    luxpjamer wrote:
    But don't you think that it would be better if they were not so down to earth and play with pride ? My point of view is that if you play for a club or a nation you should be proud to do it. Only if that "proud" feeling is there you are able to go to your limits and a little more far.

It depends. I mean it is the culture of our country and it hooks into everything, so in the bigger picture no I don't think so. Besides I don't think it is a question of pride really, because most of them have that. It is more how that pride is displayed and what one does with it. I think it is something very personal and not openly shown on most occasions. That is the same in sports. It isn't an aware choice of that moment, it is a way of life, all those small unwritten rules one grows up with. It is build in in your system. In the greater scheme of things I'd say it has some major plus points as well. Just picture Bush, a product of a different culture with that mentality that you just praised. Not that it really has to turn out that way, but I mention it to show you it isn't as simple as one would like.
    Argentinean players do everything to win, they have pride, but just ask the first Englishman that comes along for his thought on the topic on how they win matches and he will not be jumping for joy about it.. So it really has something to do with culture at least I think so.
    luxpjamer wrote:
    I know it's not a real reference but that game against Luxemburg showed some things who are not going well: like the fact that if they play against smaller countries they are not willing to play well, to run and fight a little bit more.

I don't think it is a question of willingness. It is just less inspiring to play against smaller teams. That plus the fact that they don't think of anything else except trying to keep a clean sheet for as long as possible(logically). makes it hard to play at a normal level. If on top of that the ball circulation is too low than you are in for a lousy game of football. And the game we are talking about was way beyond lousy from our point of view. You guys made the most of it, if I remember correctly you even had some good chances.
    luxpjamer wrote:

0-0
    Holland mir heieren näischt! Holland mir heieren näischt!

0-1
    Sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning!

by the way the oranjes fans were really disappointing in Luxemburg!

Well I wasn't singing here at home either, I mean it was really, really bad. It is hard to play good football against the smaller nations, you see big team always having problems, you can never do good. win and you should have won 4-0 win 4-0 and you should have won 8-0. So I accept that it will not be great until the second half, but this was a disgrace, so if it is that bad I understand that you won't be singing. Besides I didn't hear to many people from Luxembourg at the match in Holland.
  • « One man's glory is another man's hell.
  • Klumpie wrote:

i know maybe a good choice,i´ve no idear...but will be hard for him bec. the fans love Doll...
    but good luck

oh and a good news Bayern lost 3:0 vs Nürnberg yhuhoooooooooooooooooo!!!
  • i know maybe a good choice,i´ve no idear...but will be hard for him bec. the fans love Doll...
    but good luck

oh and a good news Bayern lost 3:0 vs Nürnberg yhuhoooooooooooooooooo!!!

I've heard pretty bizarre right, how many times is it now that they lost?
  • And some people think Yankees-Red Sox is a big rivalry. Just awful that somebody doing their job gets killed for a sport.

Not for a sport because their are real assholes that use football for an excuse to misbehave. It is really sad that these things continue to happen, if you look at American sports lets say the superbowl, and I see people coming to the stadium hours infront of the game to have themselves a BBQ on the parkinglot, I'm thinking that's the way it should be overhere as well. Now I don't know if they ever have trouble of the sort we have, but it sure doesn't seem like it.

Filippo Raciti rest in peace.
  • Not for a sport because their are real assholes that use football for an excuse to misbehave. It is really sad that these things continue to happen, if you look at American sports lets say the superbowl, and I see people coming to the stadium hours infront of the game to have themselves a BBQ on the parkinglot, I'm thinking that's the way it should be overhere as well. Now I don't know if they ever have trouble of the sort we have, but it sure doesn't seem like it.

Filippo Raciti rest in peace.

Yes i agree it's a lot healthier over there. In Europe too many rivalries have political, religious or social issues in the background, which is just stupid.
  • I've heard pretty bizarre right, how many times is it now that they lost?

many times now;) i´ve not count it :D
    but oh today we lost in the last minute 2:1 that´s pretty pretty bizarre!!!!
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Klumpie wrote:
    hey amentvedder here a little movie from Ricksen. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjoVqjEH_i8

:D
    I miss him

ricksenhalozc8.jpg
  • Anelka!!!!!!!!

1-0 To the Super Whites.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
    :D
    I miss him

ricksenhalozc8.jpg

haha

Dammnit PSV lost again, the idiot Koeman is making a trouble of it. :(
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Klumpie wrote:
    haha

Dammnit PSV lost again, the idiot Koeman is making a trouble of it. :(

Just seen that there :| ...least Mr Bean didn't score on you!
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Ha, Real are so crap!!! beckhams not a true great but would be more beneficial than raul(on the right wing?) and guti.
  • I think Raul´s star is sinking ..he should join beckham before it´s too late.

oh and a name to remember Alexander laas now he is in the starting 11 ...i can´t understand why Doll didn´t do that.
    oh and next is alex ´s dortmund vs us at home ;)