The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Klumpie wrote:
    Oh yeah I still think the SPL is weaker then the dutch one, but the last 5 years the dutch league is completely depending on the good results of PSV in Europe. If PSV will have a fall down, it's to hope that Feyenoord, Ajax or AZ will do better otherwise we will go as low as the SPL. Not that the SPL is a really weak competition, but we can do better.

The spl is a very physical league, every game is hard fought. Look at the teams beating Rangers AND Celtic this season, the gap isn't big at all..if you'd seen any games. I don't honestly care if people say the spl is shit or whatever. As for the dutch league i only know the famous teams, i couldn't name you another team out your league right now
    Who cares really.
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    The spl is a very physical league, every game is hard fought. Look at the teams beating Rangers AND Celtic this season. I don't honestly care if people say the spl is shit or whatever. As for the dutch league i only know the famous teams, i couldn't name you another team out your league right now
    Who cares really.
    Well I'm not saying that the SPL is bad, but every team that plays against the Top-team of their country wants to win. So I can understand that the Rangers got beaten by a lower team in the SPL and at the same time reach the quarter final of the CL. But if you put the lower team in an European competition then 9 of the 10 times they will loose.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Well I'm not saying that the SPL is bad, but every team that plays against the Top-team of their country wants to win. So I can understand that the Rangers got beaten by a lower team in the SPL and at the same time reach the quarter final of the CL. But if you put the lower team in an European competition then 9 of the 10 times they will loose.

Guess wot?? i agree with that :D
    Guess wot?? i agree with that :D
    First time you agree with me on this forum. :D
    Klumpie wrote:
    First time you agree with me on this forum. :D

Is it?? surely not, i thought we always agreed on everything :p
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Georgia 2 - Uruguay 0

wow... I know that Uruguay is not even close as strong as they used to be decades ago but still this is very embarrasing for a 2 times WC champion.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • I said we had the biggest most exciting derby, everyone said theres is boring. Point made. End of.

Just because you said so. Wow. Great maybe you could ended the middle east conflict in the same style. ;)
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Just because you said so. Wow. Great maybe you could ended the middle east conflict in the same style. ;)

hahahahahaha am sorry, Karma you forgive me?? :D
    hahahahahaha am sorry, Karma you forgive me?? :D
    Why forgive you??? The Old Firm is the biggest derby. ;) And maybe you can end the middle-east conflict. :D
    Klumpie wrote:
    Why forgive you??? The Old Firm is the biggest derby. ;) And maybe you can end the middle-east conflict. :D

Ooooh no i still say we have the biggest most exciting derby, it sounded a wee bit cheeky though, and am not cheeky to karma ..just you :p
    Regarding that question you asked...

My friend Scotty is on there arguing with them all every day :o:D

PMSL hahahah Scotty has been banned off Myspace 11 times, he's a web designer so he knows hacking and just hacks back on, he's a legend!
    and am not cheeky to karma ..just you :p
    :N I know that.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I said we had the biggest most exciting derby, everyone said theres is boring. Point made. End of.

haha, no, not boring, just not the greatest quality of football that the teams are capable of showing, since no one wants to lose. But it is by no means boring...

Anyway, thanks for the explanation about Players FC! :p
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    haha, no, not boring, just not the greatest quality of football that the teams are capable of showing, since no one wants to lose. But it is by no means boring...

Anyway, thanks for the explanation about Players FC! :p

Course I don't actually think other people's derbies are boring, just not the old firm..c'mon it's me ya know by now :p

Oh yeh PFC..do you ever wish you could erase images from your mind lol
  • hahahahahaha am sorry, Karma you forgive me?? :D

No problem I had hoped it wasn't meant as stongly as it seemed. ;)

Than again one can never know with those power Rangers.:D
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    GREAT...

now I have the power rangers song stuck in my head :p

:D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    RIP...
    Hungarian football legend Ferenc Puskas has died at the age of 79.

During a brilliant playing career, Puskas established himself as one of the game's genuine greats.

Nicknamed 'The Galloping Major', Puskas was the focal point of the Hungarian team widely regarded as international football's best in the early 1950s.

Puskas inspired Hungary to become the first ever foreign team to beat England at Wembley with a 6-3 victory in 1953.

The 'Magical Magyars' reached the final of the 1954 World Cup in Switzerland, with Puskas scoring in the 3-2 defeat to West Germany.

He had gone into the game with an ankle injury sustained in a group meeting with the West Germans which forced him to miss the quarter final and semi-final.

Puskas concluded his Hungarian career with a remarkable 83 goals in 84 appearances before he represented Spain at the 1962 World Cup in Chile.

At club level, he made his name with the army team Honved and he won four Hungarian domestic titles prior to signing for Spanish giants Real Madrid in 1958 after almost two years in exile.

The goals continued to flow at the Bernabeu, with Puskas averaging almost a goal a game in eight years with the club.

Puskas was a four-time leading scorer in the Spanish league and won multiple domestic and continental titles with Real.

He won the European Cup three times, with arguably his finest hour coming in the 1960 final against Eintracht Frankfurt when he scored four in a 7-3 victory at Hampden Park.

After retirement, Puskas moved into coaching and took Greek outfit Panathinaikos to the 1971 European Cup final.

In recent years he had been suffering from an Alzheimer's-like illness and passed away in hospital on Friday.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • has anyone else noticed how shit liverpool are this season. LOL
    Sometimes wrote:
    has anyone else noticed how shit liverpool are this season. LOL
    hahaha, we will see it wednesday. :D
    Eredivisie
    19:30 FT' PSV 4 : 0 Excelsior
    20:00 FT' Feyenoord 3 : 2 AZ
    20:00 FT' NEC 1 : 2 Sparta
    20:00 FT' RKC 0 : 2 Heerenveen

Ok if Ajax will loose tomorrow, then the champion of Holland is allready clear.
    Sometimes wrote:
    has anyone else noticed how shit liverpool are this season. LOL
    we just can't win away from home
    dominated again in yesterday's game yet got nothing..
    Pennant and Gonzalez are proving to be the worst wingers in the league at the moment but im hopeful at least Gonzalez will come good..Pennant has just sucked overall
    oh well..at least we are still in the league cup,FA Cup,Champions League and not some Championship side fighting for promotion to the Premiership *cough West Brom cough*;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    we just can't win away from home
    dominated again in yesterday's game yet got nothing..
    Pennant and Gonzalez are proving to be the worst wingers in the league at the moment but im hopeful at least Gonzalez will come good..Pennant has just sucked overall
    oh well..at least we are still in the league cup,FA Cup,Champions League and not some Championship side fighting for promotion to the Premiership *cough West Brom cough*;)
    I just think that Benitez doesn't fit in the English style of football. In European football his achievements are great, but in your local league it's in my opnion too defending.
    Is it right that Liverpool will be bought soon by some rich businessman called John Miskelly, George Gillet and the company Dubai International Capital???
    Klumpie wrote:
    I just think that Benitez doesn't fit in the English style of football. In European football his achievements are great, but in your local league it's in my opnion too defending.
    nothing wrong with Benitez cept for his ego at times and his late substitutions.
    last 2 away games we played very attack minded yet we lost and drew cos we couldn't cope with counter attacks.
    the players are just not good enough...Carragher and Reina have been indecisive and poor..our wingers been woeful..Gerrard and Alonso have been missing and recently Kuyt has been missing open chances..soon enough i hope the players find form and we will be fine..next season we should be stronger if Gonzalez,Kuyt etc settle in well by then.

there have been alot of take over talks with Liverpool..i don't mind one cos the money could help ALOT!

YNWA
  • hihi my foothy weekend
    first sarurday Hsv vs Bayern munic (don´t asked me why but i feel we can win this)

bremen vs Bielefeld (the manager of them was playing for hamburg;))
  • eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Aek Ole Aek Ole Aek Ole Ole Ole Ole......

Aek - Milan 1-0
  • yeap HSV is leading vs bayern munic .1:0 (VDV penalty)

and HSV II won 3:0;)

so maybe a good sign;)
  • oh no 1:1 makaay:(:(
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    oh no 1:1 makaay:(:(

2:1 Pizarro who's in incredible form rigth now....

sorry ladygooddiva
    speaking as a child of the 90's