The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
  • you are welcome

Really bad and nothing to say place 15 and we are in the Abstiegskampf

next match is a must win nothing really really nothing else ...i think if not than they drop Doll ...i can´t say anymore what´s wrong ...the only one who is really working etc. is VDV ...

Weird how these things go. He did so well with HSV last season and now..... I think the second half of the season will be better with or without Doll. Too much has happened to really turn it around now, it's just surviving until the winter break comes. The second half you'll have a chance toi start fresh.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Towerman wrote:
    I woke up early this morning (6am) to watch the PSV vs Ajax game, it wasn't a great game but I was happy that PSV won, though the Ajax coach made some mistakes. Salcido was having trouble all game controling his side, he would not stop any of the crossings but that ended when Rosales came on, whoever was playing right wing for Ajax should have stayed. And I was surprised that Koeman picked Kone over Farfan to remain as the lonely forward after Mendez got sent off.

How cool that you got out off bed for PSV. Thanks for the support.
    Like Klumpie says these matches usually turn out disappointing. I guess from the six big matches that occur during the season only two live up to the expectations. But hey that's the same all over the world.:(
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    How cool that you got out off bed for PSV. Thanks for the support.
    Like Klumpie says these matches usually turn out disappointing. I guess from the six big matches that occur during the season only two live up to the expectations. But hey that's the same all over the world.:(

Not in Glasgow..most exciting game of the season our derby, atmosphere wise and football wise, theres always red cards n stuff. Thats why i said i think we have the biggest derby in the..world :p although yours technically isn't a derby
  • I predict

NED 2:1 ENG
    BRA 0:0 SUI
    CYP 1:5 DEU
    ESP 0:1 ROM
    FRA 2:1 GCE

I hope, anyway
    I predict:

NED 1:4 ENG
    BRA 2:0 SUI
    CYP 0:3 DEU
    ESP 1:1 ROM
    FRA 2:1 GCE

Easy win for England
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Easy win for England
    I doubt it. The squad is ridiculously under-strengthed. The best midfielders are all out (Hargreaves, Lennon, Jenas) Gary Neville also. Robinson is weak in goal and Rooney has had a poor season goal wise.

But I hear Van Persie wont be playing, and Kuyt will be upfront on his own?

Ps. so is Vannistelrooij's international career over??
    I doubt it. The squad is ridiculously under-strengthed. The best midfielders are all out (Hargreaves, Lennon, Jenas) Gary Neville also. Robinson is weak in goal and Rooney has had a poor season goal wise.

Van Persie, Sneijder are injured. I think Kuyt will play with Robben and vdVaart in the front.

As long as vBasten is the coach then the international career of vNistelrooij is over. But you never know it in the footballworld. It was allready a big surprise that he selected Seedorf for this match.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    It was allready a big surprise that he selected Seedorf for this match.
    :eek: Wow, I didn't know that!
    :eek: Wow, I didn't know that!
    Last week Seedorf gave a big interview in the biggest Football TV-programm and the biggest football magazine of Holland. He was almost crying that he wanted back in the Dutch team.

Friday when vBasten announced the selection he wasn't in there and he said that he wont select players on good interviews. But last sunday when Sneijder got injured, he selected him suddenly. So this footballworld is very strange. I think he just did it for the public opinion.
    EURO-2008: Qualifying round - Group A standing
    18:00 FT' Finland 1 : 0 Armenia
    20:30 FT' Belgium 0 : 1 Poland
    22:00 40' Portugal 2 : 0 Kazakhstan

EURO-2008: Qualifying round - Group D standing
    20:00 FT' Cyprus 1 : 1 Germany
    20:30 FT' Ireland 5 : 0 San Marino

EURO-2008: Qualifying round - Group E standing
    17:00 FT' Rep. of Macedonia 0 : 2 Russia
    18:00 FT' Israel 3 : 4 Croatia

Asian Cup: Qualifying round
    11:00 FT' Japan 3 : 1 Saudi Arabia
    12:00 FT' Uzbekistan 2 : 0 Qatar
    12:30 FT' China PR 1 : 1 Iraq
    12:30 Pst' Singapore 0 : 0 Palestine
    13:00 FT' Hong Kong 2 : 0 Bangladesh
    13:00 FT' Iran 2 : 0 Korea Republic
    13:00 FT' Syria 3 : 0 Chinese Taipei
    14:00 FT' Yemen 2 : 1 India
    15:15 FT' United Arab Emirates 3 : 2 Pakistan
    16:00 FT' Jordan 3 : 0 Oman
    16:00 FT' Bahrain 2 : 1 Kuwait

Friendlies
    14:00 FT' Malta 1 : 4 Lithuania
    17:00 FT' Algeria 1 : 2 Burkina Faso
    17:00 FT' Estonia 2 : 1 Belarus
    17:30 FT' Slovakia 3 : 1 Bulgaria
    18:00 FT' Georgia 2 : 0 Uruguay
    18:00 FT' Sweden 0 : 1 Cote d'Ivoire
    18:30 Pst' Albania 0 : 0 Congo
    19:00 FT' Luxembourg 0 : 0 Togo
    19:10 FT' Tunisia 2 : 0 Libia
    20:00 FT' Netherlands 1 : 1 England
    20:00 FT' Hungary 1 : 0 Canada
    20:15 FT' Czech Republic 1 : 1 Denmark
    20:15 FT' Serbia 1 : 1 Norway
    20:30 FT' Austria 4 : 1 Trinidad and Tobago
    20:30 FT' Morocco 6 : 0 Gabon
    20:30 FT' Switzerland 1 : 2 Brasil
    20:45 FT' Egypt 1 : 0 South Africa
    20:50 87' Italy 1 : 1 Turkey
    21:00 79' France 1 : 0 Greece
    22:00 41' Spain 0 : 0 Romania
  • Not in Glasgow..most exciting game of the season our derby, atmosphere wise and football wise, theres always red cards n stuff. Thats why i said i think we have the biggest derby in the..world :p although yours technically isn't a derby

You are right it isn't a derby. I know there is a lot of tensions on the Rangers-Celtic match. The old firm has more than just football history. That being said there are other thing that make your match more exiting. It is more old style British football, even more than in the Premier league itself. Kick and rush so to speak. That isn’t the way the game is played here. The old firm is played more with the heart than with the mind, where Dutch football is more a tactical/technical. I'll admit that the old firm is more exciting most of the time, but that doesn't mean the football is better. If the PSV-Ajax match is played with dare it offers a more beautiful match than the Celtic-Ranger game. Unfortunately the forward play and position game need top form from most of the players. Because both teams have a similar basic notion (with a few differences) they can level each other out.
    I don’t think you will necessarily agree, but that is the way I see it. I like the old firm, but I prefer PSV-Ajax or Barca-Real.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Last week Seedorf gave a big interview in the biggest Football TV-programm and the biggest football magazine of Holland. He was almost crying that he wanted back in the Dutch team.

Friday when vBasten announced the selection he wasn't in there and he said that he wont select players on good interviews. But last sunday when Sneijder got injured, he selected him suddenly. So this footballworld is very strange. I think he just did it for the public opinion.

I think he did. He said it didn't matter, but it is the only reasonable explanation.
  • I doubt it. The squad is ridiculously under-strengthed. The best midfielders are all out (Hargreaves, Lennon, Jenas) Gary Neville also. Robinson is weak in goal and Rooney has had a poor season goal wise.

Well a midfield with Lampard, Gerrard, Cole and Carrick is pretty desent in my book. I think your midfield is the strongest part of the team.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Nice team!

yes indeed it was!
  • Weird how these things go. He did so well with HSV last season and now..... I think the second half of the season will be better with or without Doll. Too much has happened to really turn it around now, it's just surviving until the winter break comes. The second half you'll have a chance toi start fresh.

yes that´s true ,it´s wired ..it has to be better let´s say and hope;)

yes that´s so true and i say with doll bec. it wasn´t doll who let some players go !!!
  • yes that´s true ,it´s wired ..it has to be better let´s say and hope;)

yes that´s so true and i say with doll bec. it wasn´t doll who let some players go !!!

Yup that was the board/chairman. And at a bad time to.
    You are right it isn't a derby. I know there is a lot of tensions on the Rangers-Celtic match. The old firm has more than just football history. That being said there are other thing that make your match more exiting. It is more old style British football, even more than in the Premier league itself. Kick and rush so to speak. That isn’t the way the game is played here. The old firm is played more with the heart than with the mind, where Dutch football is more a tactical/technical. I'll admit that the old firm is more exciting most of the time, but that doesn't mean the football is better. If the PSV-Ajax match is played with dare it offers a more beautiful match than the Celtic-Ranger game. Unfortunately the forward play and position game need top form from most of the players. Because both teams have a similar basic notion (with a few differences) they can level each other out.
    I don’t think you will necessarily agree, but that is the way I see it. I like the old firm, but I prefer PSV-Ajax or Barca-Real.
    I think we have the 'biggest' derby and the biggest rivals in football. Thats what i think. When i said that on here i was told no, everyone thinks that about their own derby. But all i've heard since is about how boring everyone else's derby is so i was just making my point again :)
    And i agree with mostly all you said.
  • I think we have the 'biggest' derby and the biggest rivals in football. Thats what i think. When i said that on here i was told no, everyone thinks that about their own derby. But all i've heard since is about how boring everyone else's derby is so i was just making my point again :)
    And i agree with mostly all you said.

I have never said that our derby is bigger than the old firm. I have only said that Milan-Inter and Barca-Real are very big as well. The old firm is a great match to watch, I meant what I said as perspective not disrespect.
    The old firm is a great match.
  • I have never said that our derby is bigger than the old firm. I have only said that Milan-Inter and Barca-Real are very big as well. The old firm is a great match to watch, I meant what I said as perspective not disrespect.
    The old firm is a great match.

Hey you changed it.:D
    I have never said that our derby is bigger than the old firm.
    Our derby is much bigger, the old firm is nowhere if you have seen PSV - Eindhoven.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Our derby is much bigger, the old firm is nowhere if you have seen PSV - Eindhoven.

Oh I like it better than the old firm, But I do think The old firm has a bigger reputation and that is rightly so in my book. The British game is easier to play well than the Dutch style of play, but if ours works you have the best match to watch. However everything has to fall in it's place and that is difficult with two teams that have the same philosophy (more or less)
    haha world's biggest rivals, we have the biggest derby ..AND the football ain't boring like all yours :p i don't need to argue about it cos i know it
  • haha world's biggest rivals, we have the biggest derby ..AND the football ain't boring like all yours :p i don't need to argue about it cos i know it

Hey you have one match that isn't boring, but the rest of the league well that is a different story. I think I'll stick with the Dutch league if you don't mind.
    haha world's biggest rivals, we have the biggest derby ..AND the football ain't boring like all yours :p i don't need to argue about it cos i know it
    hahaha defending Scotland till she die :D