The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Klumpie wrote:
    Well, he's a 24/7 coach but then you could use him at a big tournament. Because you have a 4 week preparation. ;)

That's true. I really think we should get back the magic.

All the coaches are looking to get some experienced players in the team (Jaap Stam/Gabri, Cocu/Simons) but no van Basten thinks he can do without the arrived players. This way it will not work, Euro 2008 will be another fiasco if we in fact get there.:D
    For years Ajax was shaky, because youngsters like van der Vaart and Sneijder were supposed to be the leaders. These players shouldn't be bothered with extra pressure, they should focus on growing in their game.
    What van Basten wants will only work with the absolute best of player or if everything works for you on that day. We need to have different flavours in the team so we aren’t this predictable. The tactical skills of van Basten are weak to an extend that it is shocking. How can one of the best players Holland has ever had be this bad as a coach.
    I think the whole ’88 generation is placed on a pedestal for no apparent reason than that they have a big name. Gullit, Rijkaard , van Basten, Wouters, R. Koeman, van ’t Schip they all get a job based on their name and didn’t do anything to show they are a good coach. Yes Barca won the champions league, but I wonder how much of Rijkaard hand was decisive in that win. I think Foppe de Haan might be a good option or Martin Jol.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    That's true. I really think we should get back the magic.

All the coaches are looking to get some experienced players in the team (Jaap Stam/Gabri, Cocu/Simons) but no van Basten thinks he can do without the arrived players. This way it will not work, Euro 2008 will be another fiasco if we in fact get there.:D
    For years Ajax was shaky, because youngsters like van der Vaart and Sneijder were supposed to be the leaders. These players shouldn't be bothered with extra pressure, they should focus on growing in their game.
    What van Basten wants will only work with the absolute best of player or if everything works for you on that day. We need to have different flavours in the team so we aren’t this predictable. The tactical skills of van Basten are weak to an extend that it is shocking. How can one of the best players Holland has ever had be this bad as a coach.
    I think the whole ’88 generation is placed on a pedestal for no apparent reason than that they have a big name. Gullit, Rijkaard , van Basten, Wouters, R. Koeman, van ’t Schip they all get a job based on their name and didn’t do anything to show they are a good coach. Yes Barca won the champions league, but I wonder how much of Rijkaard hand was decisive in that win. I think Foppe de Haan might be a good option or Martin Jol.

Niks aan toe te voegen :D
  • Klumpie wrote:
    huh yes, I always said this man crazy. But nobody believed me. Only Kluivert and Seedorf I could understand that he didn't select these guys. Because they weren't good at that time. But the last 1½ year Seedorf is really good again. So he have to select him and the other players.

If you select Seedorf you have to be willing to let him play to his quality. The thing is that is not the Dutch way, we would be playing against our nature. Seedorf has had a few good matches in Orange other than that his gigantic ego got in the way. The presence of other good player keeps him with his feet on the ground, for Holland he is not willing to be humble.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Niks aan toe te voegen :D

Well I did think about what I posted before doing so, that must be it. I covered all the bases.:D
    If you select Seedorf you have to be willing to let him play to his quality. The thing is that is not the Dutch way, we would be playing against our nature. Seedorf has had a few good matches in Orange other than that his gigantic ego got in the way. The presence of other good player keeps him with his feet on the ground, for Holland he is not willing to be humble.

Seedorf was very good at Euro 2004 till the semi-final, because in that match he didn't listen to coach. But if he will listen, then I think he's one of the best midfielders in the world. ;)
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Seedorf was very good at Euro 2004 till the semi-final, because in that match he didn't listen to coach. But if he will listen, then I think he's one of the best midfielders in the world. ;)

I am really not one of those people who blame Seedorf when it rains.:D However I don't like him much either.
    I don't think he played well on Euro '04. I remember him playing as he always did and does. He is a mailman(:D), he will walk up to you with the ball and when he is so close that he can shake your hand that is when he will pass the ball.
    I agree with you that he has been playing well for Milan, but I still see him walking with the ball way too often. I feel that every time he touches the ball he is really stroking his Ego. And would he have the pace to match it, well maybe it wouldn't be that bad, but he does the things so slow(op z'n elf en dertigst).
    I don't think he is the answer, unless you are willing to put him on the number ten spot and then still I will keep having my doubts.

No matter we can disagree, I just hope that if they will appoint you as coach, you'll take into consideration what I have said.;)
    I am really not one of those people who blame Seedorf when it rains.:D However I don't like him much either.
    I don't think he played well on Euro '04. I remember him playing as he always did and does. He is a mailman(:D), he will walk up to you with the ball and when he is so close that he can shake your hand that is when he will pass the ball.
    I agree with you that he has been playing well for Milan, but I still see him walking with the ball way too often. I feel that every time he touches the ball he is really stroking his Ego. And would he have the pace to match it, well maybe it wouldn't be that bad, but he does the things so slow(op z'n elf en dertigst).
    I don't think he is the answer, unless you are willing to put him on the number ten spot and then still I will keep having my doubts.

No matter we can disagree, I just hope that if they will appoint you as coach, you'll take into consideration what I have said.;)

I don't care how he played. I'm getting mad of the Dutch football school 4-3-3. Go away with that. Play like PSV did in 2004/2005. It was also 4-3-3 but then with a control midfielder (Vogel=Davids) a right midfielder (vBommel=still vBommel) a left midfielder (Cocu=vdVaart) and a attacking midfielder (Park=Kuyt). In the attack you have (Beasley=Robben) (Vennegoor=Huntelaar or vNistelrooij) and (Farfan=vPersie)

vdSar
    Kromkamp
    Ooijer
    Matthijssen----De Cler
    Davids
    vBommel
    vdVaart
    Kuijt
    vPersie
    Huntelaar
    Robben

Seedorf, vNistelrooij, Makaay, Sneijder, Bouhlarouz, vBronckhorst, Schaars, Vennegoor, Castelen, Babel enough choices left.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    I don't care how he played. I'm getting mad of the Dutch football school 4-3-3. Go away with that. Play like PSV did in 2004/2005. It was also 4-3-3 but then with a control midfielder (Vogel=Davids) a right midfielder (vBommel=still vBommel) a left midfielder (Cocu=vdVaart) and a attacking midfielder (Park=Kuyt). In the attack you have (Beasley=Robben) (Vennegoor=Huntelaar or vNistelrooij) and (Farfan=vPersie)

vdSar
    Kromkamp
    Ooijer
    Matthijssen----De Cler
    Davids
    vBommel
    vdVaart
    Kuijt
    vPersie
    Huntelaar
    Robben

Seedorf, vNistelrooij, Makaay, Sneijder, Bouhlarouz, vBronckhorst, Schaars, Vennegoor, Castelen, Babel enough choices left.

:confused: Did PSV play with 12 players? :D Park played rightmidfield/right attacker trying to get between enemy lines. Kuijt could definitely do that.
    :confused: Did PSV play with 12 players? :D Park played rightmidfield/right attacker trying to get between enemy lines. Kuijt could definitely do that.

Yeah off course they played with 12 players :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Put Huntelaar away. ;)
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Yeah off course they played with 12 players :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh so that is how they got to the semi-final.;)

Klumpie wrote:
    Put Huntelaar away. ;)

Hiddink made the mistake of righting him of too soon ones, I think I'll learn from his mistake. If it were up to me, (which it is obviously not, otherwise we wouldn't have this descussion) I would let him play next match.
  • PeryPery Posts: 1,740
    Boca Jrs win again....2-0 Estudiantes de la Plata (Juan Sebastián Verón is playing for them now).

Palermo and Palacio scored again.
    Buenos Aires 25 - 11 - 2005
    Buenos Aires 26 - 11 - 2005

********Proud 2 b Jammer!*******
  • Pery wrote:
    Boca Jrs win again....2-0 Estudiantes de la Plata (Juan Sebastián Verón is playing for them now).

Congratulations. So the day hasn't been a total loss.;)
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Pery wrote:

YES!!!!!!!

Pretty awesome game as well.

I thought it was hilarious how the goalkeeper of Estudiantes was given a red car, with 0 substitutions left and then the regular players on the field had to decide which one of them was gonna "pretend" to be a goalie :D hehehehehhe. Lucky for him, the Boca players were merciful.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    OH!!!! and we're only one win away from the Argentine record of consecutive wins held by San Lorenzo. AND we already played against the main teams who are fighting for the top, and we won against all of them. mmmm......I smell a TRI-championship for us.

AND we better win the Recopa against Sao Paulo this thursday!!! :D

♪ Juli ♪
    Congratulations. So the day hasn't been a total loss.;)

yeah...
    The loss today didn't hurt that bad honestly ;) it was a friendly, and a game where the players didn't practice previously, it was a team put together at the last minute. And I didn't even watch it so...whatever.

I would've been sad if Boca lost :D Thank God that rarely happens anymore ;)

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    yeah...
    The loss today didn't hurt that bad honestly ;) it was a friendly, and a game where the players didn't practice previously, it was a team put together at the last minute. And I didn't even watch it so...whatever.

I would've been sad if Boca lost :D Thank God that rarely happens anymore ;)

Really are you that superior? I thought the Argentina league was pretty close.
    Really are you that superior? I thought the Argentina league was pretty close.

It usually is pretty close, but lately we're dominating. Currently, Boca has 15 points, followed by Independiente, River and San Lorenzo with 10.

We won both tournaments last year, and this year we're going for the third consecutive one in the local level. We'll also go for the Copa Sudamericana, which we won last year as well, and the Recopa, also won on the previous year. So yeah...we're on a roll! :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    It usually is pretty close, but lately we're dominating. Currently, Boca has 15 points, followed by Independiente, River and San Lorenzo with 10.

We won both tournaments last year, and this year we're going for the third consecutive one in the local level. We'll also go for the Copa Sudamericana, which we won last year as well, and the Recopa, also won on the previous year. So yeah...we're on a roll! :D

I'd say. Jeez leave some for the rest will you.:D;)
    I'd say. Jeez leave some for the rest will you.:D;)

Funny thing is, that a LOT of stars from the "winning" team left the club, but the players left on the team were prepared very well to replace the other ones, so we're still winning even without some of the big names we used to have :p

hehehe :D I'd say we are some greedy mofo's, eh? :D

P.S.: let's see if we can keep being so great with LaVolpe as coach.... :o

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Funny thing is, that a LOT of stars from the "winning" team left the club, but the players left on the team were prepared very well to replace the other ones, so we're still winning even without some of the big names we used to have :p

hehehe :D I'd say we are some greedy mofo's, eh? :D

P.S.: let's see if we can keep being so great with LaVolpe as coach.... :o

Well he did let Mexico play very good against Argentina. Truth be told I thought Argentina was very lucky that night.
    Well he did let Mexico play very good against Argentina. Truth be told I thought Argentina was very lucky that night.

I thought we were lucky too. It was a tough game. For some reason, Mexico always seems to give us a "headache."

Yes, he did well with Mexico, but I wonder if he's capable of directing an Argentine club. We don't know much yet, he could do great, or be horrible. The thing is, since we've won everything we played for with Basile, if with LaVolpe we start losing games...or tournaments, he'll be in some serious trouble, people are gonna give him a hard time, and he will most likely have to leave.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I thought we were lucky too. It was a tough game. For some reason, Mexico always seems to give us a "headache."

Yes, he did well with Mexico, but I wonder if he's capable of directing an Argentine club. We don't know much yet, he could do great, or be horrible. The thing is, since we've won everything we played for with Basile, if with LaVolpe we start losing games...or tournaments, he'll be in some serious trouble, people are gonna give him a hard time, and he will most likely have to leave.

Yes but every coach would have had that problem. It is a shitty time to start at Boca, you can only do worse. And if you do well, they'll say yeah but the foundation already lay there for him to build upon. He can never win.
    Yes but every coach would have had that problem. It is a shitty time to start at Boca, you can only do worse. And if you do well, they'll say yeah but the foundation already lay there for him to build upon. He can never win.

True. The ideal thing would've been for Basile to stay. It's not right that the AFA took our coach away, haha. They could've at least done so at a time when contracts expire, and MORE coaches become available. There weren't too many options for us to choose from :o If I had to choose...and Basile couldn't stay, I would've called Bianchi, or Pekerman, maybe even "Bambino" Vieira.

Either way, I wish LaVolpe luck...and hopefully we can keep up the winning strike throughout the season :)

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    True. The ideal thing would've been for Basile to stay. It's not right that the AFA took our coach away, haha. They could've at least done so at a time when contracts expire, and MORE coaches become available. There weren't too many options for us to choose from :o If I had to choose...and Basile couldn't stay, I would've called Bianchi, or Pekerman, maybe even "Bambino" Vieira.

Either way, I wish LaVolpe luck...and hopefully we can keep up the winning strike throughout the season :)

lol Getting Pekerman would have been funny. I don't no that "Bambino" Vieira dude, but I did hear Maradona wanted Schüster. I see he is not on your list.
    lol Getting Pekerman would have been funny. I don't no that "Bambino" Vieira dude, but I did hear Maradona wanted Schüster. I see he is not on your list.

really??? I never heard of Schüster before :o but for some reason, he sounds better than LaVolpe, hahaha.

"Bambino" Vieira is a well known coach in Argentine football. And he's been Boca's coach in the past. I don't think he's currently coaching anyone, he just randomly appears everywhere and the people on game broadcasts ask for his opinion... :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    really??? I never heard of Schüster before :o but for some reason, he sounds better than LaVolpe, hahaha.

"Bambino" Vieira is a well known coach in Argentine football. And he's been Boca's coach in the past. I don't think he's currently coaching anyone, he just randomly appears everywhere and the people on game broadcasts ask for his opinion... :D

What? You never heard of him or you never heard the rumour?

Oh yeah we have those as well.:D
    What? You never heard of him or you never heard the rumour?

Oh yeah we have those as well.:D

Both :o and he sounds like someone I should know about...lol.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Both :o and he sounds like someone I should know about...lol.

Former German international and star for Bayern, Barca, Real and Atletico Madrid
    Former German international and star for Bayern, Barca, Real and Atletico Madrid

Yep. Now DEFINITELY sounds like someone I should know about :D

Then I think the whole idea of him coaching Boca is rather bizarre. Why would someone, a European football someone, would want to come down to South America and coach Boca? lol. Well, now that I think about, it's not that crazy. I think it would just be unusual, because we don't have many internationals in the league. It would actually be pretty cool.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yep. Now DEFINITELY sounds like someone I should know about :D

Then I think the whole idea of him coaching Boca is rather bizarre. Why would someone, a European football someone, would want to come down to South America and coach Boca? lol. Well, now that I think about, it's not that crazy. I think it would just be unusual, because we don't have many internationals in the league. It would actually be pretty cool.

I think Maradona and him played together at Barca. Not sure though, but I thought that was the link.