The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Pearl_Juli wrote:
    haha :D I don't know if I can afford it yet...it's 4 years away, so I would have to start saving up. South Africa is very cheap. I couldn't have afforded doing Germany, but South Africa I think I can. Also, keep in mind that I live with my parents and don't have a car....hahahaha. So I can have money destined to "other stuff" :p

Yeah I live in my own house so we have to spend our money on rent and electricity and food. That what is left goes to C.D.'s Festivals, concerts movies that sort of stuff.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    He is a whiny bitch.

But in All honesty he didn't have that much to do with the Hol-Por fiasco. He was brutally murdered by Boulahrouz and was substituted before he could get annoying, that is not taking his whole appearance into consideration. That alone is worth a yellow card.:D

But what he did to Rooney a team mate at Manu no less is very typical for him. Despite what Rooney did.
    And he does it so often, in the league and in Europe. The guy is like Figo a symbol of anti-football. Did you know that Figo had an action with a Portuguese company to collect money for a good cause this world cup. Not bad wouldn't you say? Only the thing was he would get money for every card an opposing player would get. Here in Holland we have an action that every player that scores earns 100 euros for a good cause. I guess that shows you the difference between Dutch and Portuguese mentality.

yeah, I remember he was hit really hard on the leg, I couldn't recall whether he was able to get annoying there or not :D haha. Didn't Robben get kicked on the shoulder and nothing was done about it? :S

Whoa, I didn't know about that. That's just not right...at all :o it's pretty sad actually.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Yeah I live in my own house so we have to spend our money on rent and electricity and food. That what is left goes to C.D.'s Festivals, concerts movies that sort of stuff.

ha! I don't blame ya. I would spend it on that too.

The whole South Africa thing right now is a sort of "dream" for my sister and I...but who knows, maybe we can make it a reality! :)

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    yeah, I remember he was hit really hard on the leg, I couldn't recall whether he was able to get annoying there or not :D haha. Didn't Robben get kicked on the shoulder and nothing was done about it? :S

Whoa, I didn't know about that. That's just not right...at all :o it's pretty sad actually.

Yes Robben got nothing, but that is his own fault in a way. He is getting dangerously close to being just as bad as C. Ronaldo. Robben is one of the best Dutch player and on top of that he played for PSV so I have given him a lot of credit, but he two is starting to piss me off. I don't want that in the Dutch team. We don't need that in the Dutch team.

It is really bad. I love the jersey Portugal has, but that is it. If they can't win a match they start cheating, hell they do it from the start of the match.:D I really dislike Portuguese football. I loved Figo once, back in his Barca days. It's just somehow he got lost in the wrong behavior.
    Yes Robben got nothing, but that is his own fault in a way. He is getting dangerously close to being just as bad as C. Ronaldo. Robben is one of the best Dutch player and on top of that he played for PSV so I have given him a lot of credit, but he two is starting to piss me off. I don't want that in the Dutch team. We don't need that in the Dutch team.

It is really bad. I love the jersey Portugal has, but that is it. If they can't win a match they start cheating, hell they do it from the start of the match.:D I really dislike Portuguese football. I loved Figo once, back in his Barca days. It's just somehow he got lost in the wrong behavior.

haha :D who do you think is worse when it comes to diving, Italy or Portugal?

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    ha! I don't blame ya. I would spend it on that too.

The whole South Africa thing right now is a sort of "dream" for my sister and I...but who knows, maybe we can make it a reality! :)

Well you could, just put a small amount away at the beginning of every month. When you start gettingan amout you are impressed by you'll eventually put aside more to reach that goal. Start with 50 Dollar a month or 100 if you can afford it.
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    haha :D who do you think is worse when it comes to diving, Italy or Portugal?

Well Italy is pretty bad as well, only that is numbered down to a few players. I think Portugal is worse. My main beef with Italy is that they don't really want to play. This world cup they actually played some football on some moments, but mostly they just don't want to lose. Teams like Argentina and England and Brazil and France and Holland and Ireland and Mexico they want to win. Do you see the difference?
    Well Italy is pretty bad as well, only that is numbered down to a few players. I think Portugal is worse. My main beef with Italy is that they don't really want to play. This world cup they actually played some football on some moments, but mostly they just don't want to lose. Teams like Argentina and England and Brazil and France and Holland and Ireland and Mexico they want to win. Do you see the difference?

Yep. I know what you mean. Some teams play to win, others play not to lose.

Aaanyway, I'm off to dinner.

Tot ziens! :)

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yep. I know what you mean. Some teams play to win, others play not to lose.

Aaanyway, I'm off to dinner.

Tot ziens! :)

Eet smakkelijk.
  • Yes Robben got nothing, but that is his own fault in a way. He is getting dangerously close to being just as bad as C. Ronaldo. Robben is one of the best Dutch player and on top of that he played for PSV so I have given him a lot of credit, but he two is starting to piss me off. I don't want that in the Dutch team. We don't need that in the Dutch team.

Robben close to being just as bad as Ronaldo? He is right up there with Ronaldo as one of the worst divers around. So is Drogba, and what makes it worse in Drogba's case is that when you look at his physique, there's no way a guy like him gets pushed around in a game the way he makes it look like it's happening.

It pains me to admit to Ronaldo's antics as a United fan, because with a little bit more development (particularly in crossing), he has the potential to become one of the greatest. Every time he dives, he's throwing away a bit more of his possible legacy to the game. Sad, really.
  • hi hi there just wanna say you can right about cristiano what you want i don´t care:p
    so topic the german U 21 beat notdireland 3:2
    so they have to win the match vs rumänia
    if they do they are next year in the final round-guess where in Holland;)

so the first half germany was great they lead with 2:0
    Hilbert and Helmes made them...
    than the second half the nordireland guys speed up(most of them play in the scotish,english and irish the goalkeeper of them is celtic no 3)

than trochowski made a real good looking fantastic goal (anyways he was the hardest workin man ,but out of all the whole team is great)

so in Dean Shiels got a penality wish wasn´t one (for sure)
    and Thomas Stewart goal was not one bec. Rensing was gefoult...
    so but germany won(by the way many of the players play in the 1st Bundesliga,only two not and one or two is/are playing in England )
    and the speaker said that Polanski and Trochowski are on the Paper of löw and that means on the way to germany´s A team !!!!!

so here are all results(U21 Qualify Euro 2007)
    Albania 0 : 3 Spain
    Moldova 1 : 3 Switzerland
    Latvia 0 : 2 Portugal
    Northern Ireland 2 : 3 Germany
    Ireland 0 : 1 Belgium
    Scotland 1 : 3 France
    Iceland 0 : 1 Italy
  • here is the goal of Troche :

http://rapidshare.de/files/31611267.....-09-01_22-32-56h.mpg.html

(you have to download it)
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Wat een kippenhok hier!!!

Tonight is Luxemburg - Holland
  • dkst0426 wrote:
    Robben close to being just as bad as Ronaldo? He is right up there with Ronaldo as one of the worst divers around. So is Drogba, and what makes it worse in Drogba's case is that when you look at his physique, there's no way a guy like him gets pushed around in a game the way he makes it look like it's happening.

It pains me to admit to Ronaldo's antics as a United fan, because with a little bit more development (particularly in crossing), he has the potential to become one of the greatest. Every time he dives, he's throwing away a bit more of his possible legacy to the game. Sad, really.

I know about Robben, but forgive me just a tad mildness on his account. I mean I do still have to root for the team he plays in and that is hard enough with him diving. But he is on of the best Dutch players and I can't think oh just leave him out. So I am between a rock and a hard place as they say. But yeah he's right up there if I would lose all the other stuff that I have to take in account in my consideration. Had he not been in the Dutch team I would probable let my sympathies or lack there of grow to the extend of hating his cuts as it is I still hope that he will lose that silliness. If only for pure practical use, his reputation have cost us two penalties on the last world cup.
    Silly I do feel that apart from the diving C. Ronaldo is worse than Robben. He is like the worst of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Robben combined.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Wat een kippenhok hier!!!

Tonight is Luxemburg - Holland

Hihihihi, Er was toch echt wel wat voetbal in dat gesprek.:D

What do you think of Theo?:D I am never quite sure if I should think he has the talent, but lacks the commitment or that he just is a total wanker.
    Hihihihi, Er was toch echt wel wat voetbal in dat gesprek.:D

What do you think of Theo?:D I am never quite sure if I should think he has the talent, but lacks the commitment or that he just is a total wanker.

You mean Theo Janssen.

Well, he's the man that love Feyenoord and I still don't know why they (Feyenoord) didn't bought him. It's maybe an intresting option to replace Cocu at the end of the season for PSV.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    You mean Theo Janssen.

Well, he's the man that love Feyenoord and I still don't know why they (Feyenoord) didn't bought him. It's maybe an intresting option to replace Cocu at the end of the season for PSV.

That thought crossed my mind as well. I will wait and see how he will do this season. I'd like to see if he will achieve his goal. If so he must have finally have his character under control. One thing that you have to give him is that he can pick a man out and get the ball there exactly how he planned it.
    That thought crossed my mind as well. I will wait and see how he will do this season. I'd like to see if he will achieve his goal. If so he must have finally have his character under control. One thing that you have to give him is that he can pick a man out and get the ball there exactly how he planned it.

The guy has talent, but in the past he didn't showed it always. Last year he was stronger and even this year he getting better again. It's time for him to move to a topclub, like PSV or Feyenoord. And if possible, do that this winter. And buy directly Zomer, Knol or Kruiswijk. Then you know for sure that have some Dutch talents in your team.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    The guy has talent, but in the past he didn't showed it always. Last year he was stronger and even this year he getting better again. It's time for him to move to a topclub, like PSV or Feyenoord. And if possible, do that this winter. And buy directly Zomer, Knol or Kruiswijk. Then you know for sure that have some Dutch talents in your team.

Yes this winter would be better. He could play with Cocu for half a year. If he comes after Cocu is gone people will look at him as THE REPLACEMENT of Cocu and that doesn't work.
    I think we have to buy two of the three next summer. Alex will probable go and we still need to replace Ooijer. Kromkamp-Knol-Zomer-Salcido Mmmmh that centre doesn't breathe confidence immedietly. A little green maybe. Lets wait and see.
    Yes this winter would be better. He could play with Cocu for half a year. If he comes after Cocu is gone people will look at him as THE REPLACEMENT of Cocu and that doesn't work.
    I think we have to buy two of the three next summer. Alex will probable go and we still need to replace Ooijer. Kromkamp-Knol-Zomer-Salcido Mmmmh that centre doesn't breathe confidence immedietly. A little green maybe. Lets wait and see.

No, I said you have to buy Zomer, Knol OR Kruiswijk this winter and then next summer you have to buy Hofland. Because than he has only a 1 year deal with Wolfsburg and is he easier to buy. Hofland is really good. Not as strong as Alex, but you will never find that kind of defender anymore.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    No, I said you have to buy Zomer, Knol OR Kruiswijk this winter and then next summer you have to buy Hofland. Because than he has only a 1 year deal with Wolfsburg and is he easier to buy. Hofland is really good. Not as strong as Alex, but you will never find that kind of defender anymore.

I know you didn't say that. I did.:D I didn't get that you wanted to buy them in the winter I thought you were talking about Janssen.
    Well I thought it was a good idea to get Zomer before the last season started and let him get at eaze. Yes let him join in the winter. I keep Hofland out of my mind. It would be good if he came back, but I don't want to set myself up for a fall by hoping he will come. He would definitely be a good player to have. We know that already. And like you said before it was weird that they just let him go.
    I know you didn't say that. I did.:D I didn't get that you wanted to buy them in the winter I thought you were talking about Janssen.
    Well I thought it was a good idea to get Zomer before the last season started and let him get at eaze. Yes let him join in the winter. I keep Hofland out of my mind. It would be good if he came back, but I don't want to set myself up for a fall by hoping he will come. He would definitely be a good player to have. We know that already. And like you said before it was weird that they just let him go.

Yes, also Janssen has to join in the winter. And Hofland is still a PSV fan, so I still hope that he will return. And maybe they have to find a replacement for Gomes, but I still don't see any good young dutch goalkeepers. And we need a replacement for Farfan. So keep on looking :D
    2003 São Paulo 23 9
    2004 São Paulo 29 7 Brazilië
    2005 São Paulo 19 1 Brazilië
    2005/06 Real Betis Sevilla 12 0 Primera Division
    2006 Sâo Caetano 7 1 Brazilië
    Totaal 90 18

That Tardelli guy isn't really a goalgetter.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Yes, also Janssen has to join in the winter. And Hofland is still a PSV fan, so I still hope that he will return. And maybe they have to find a replacement for Gomes, but I still don't see any good young dutch goalkeepers. And we need a replacement for Farfan. So keep on looking :D

I take it that was partly the reason that Tardelli come over. I think they should have also bought that Zaki. Gomes, Mmmmh yes I 'm not sure if he will leave after this season, but if he does that is a problem. I don't know any good Dutch goalkeeper myself. I mean if Stekelenburg is the best that says a lot.:D Personally I like Kenneth Vermeer better than I do Stekelenburg, but that is not a real option. And besides he isn't good enough, not yet anyway, to be PSV's goalie. For now Moens looks like the best option.
    Still I think that PSV will get a handsome reward for Farfan, I'm thinking 15/20 million should be paid. That should allow us to get a good player or two. Still it will hurt to see him go.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    2003 São Paulo 23 9
    2004 São Paulo 29 7 Brazilië
    2005 São Paulo 19 1 Brazilië
    2005/06 Real Betis Sevilla 12 0 Primera Division
    2006 Sâo Caetano 7 1 Brazilië
    Totaal 90 18

That Tardelli guy isn't really a goalgetter.

No it doesn't seem like he is. Maybe he was a sub in most of these matches. That is what I have against Feyenoord fans taking Charisteas his score sheet and say look he doesn't even score.
    If a player is a sub than that makes the match/goal comparison a little crocket.
    Lets just wait and see how he does. He is only 21 years old so maybe he'll progress. And if he hasn't, well luck for us in that case that he is only on loan.
  • [size=+5]6-0
    [/size]

To Scotland
    [size=+5]6-0
    [/size]

To Scotland

Congrats, see Scotland at Euro Cup :)
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Congrats, see Scotland at Euro Cup :)

YAS! But it's all down hill from here hehe

Luxembourg 0 - 1 Holland FT
    J Mathijsen 17

;)
    YAS! But it's all down hill from here hehe

Luxembourg 0 - 1 Holland FT
    J Mathijsen 17

;)

Well, this is what you get if you don't select the best players. vBasten bedankt. :mad:
    Klumpie wrote:
    Well, this is what you get if you don't select the best players. vBasten bedankt. :mad:

But you still won...or do you mean you should've won by about 5+ goals against Luxembourg? :D

♪ Juli ♪