The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Klumpie wrote:
    What a great goal of Kaka. And PSV has a great goalkeeper :D

Juli did you enjoy the match? :p

Well, not much because I didn't actually watch it. I just heard it on the radio, so it wasn't as "fun." It sounded like an entertaining match to watch. It could've been better if there were also goals on the other side, like if we lost 3-2 or something like that ;)

I thought to myself "OH CRAP!" when they said Kaka was coming in...and I was right. Although it ended being more like an..."OH SHITTTT!!!!!!!" hahahahah :D

Now I can watch my fantastic Boca play Estudiantes and keep holding on to the top position on the table :D

(Stupid national team took away our coach and didn't get the best out of him :mad: )
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    brhf9 wrote:
    3-0!!!!!

great game and a great start for this 'new generation'...

and what a goal by Kaka!!!

and as they say here, there is no 'friendly match' between Brazil x ARGHentina...

but i love you 'chicas'...

haha :D congrats on the win!

that's true. There's no such thing as a friendly between Arg and Bra. It seems like Brazil is back, and that Argentina has a bit of work to do. But it's just the first game, so thankfully there's time to get ready and fix some things :)

♪ Juli ♪
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    brhf9 wrote:
    c'mon, pick a side...

hehe

At the WC I would have picked Argentina, because of arrogance at that time of Brasil. Now I will vote for Brasil it's a young talentfull team and they played great football today. Good decision?? ;)
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Well, not much because I didn't actually watch it. I just heard it on the radio, so it wasn't as "fun." It sounded like an entertaining match to watch. It could've been better if there were also goals on the other side, like if we lost 3-2 or something like that ;)

I thought to myself "OH CRAP!" when they said Kaka was coming in...and I was right. Although it ended being more like an..."OH SHITTTT!!!!!!!" hahahahah :D

Now I can watch my fantastic Boca play Estudiantes and keep holding on to the top position on the table :D

(Stupid national team took away our coach and didn't get the best out of him :mad: )

That's a pity, you missed a great match :)
    Klumpie wrote:
    At the WC I would have picked Argentina, because of arrogance at that time of Brasil. Now I will vote for Brasil it's a young talentfull team and they played great football today. Good decision?? ;)

Depends on who you ask.... ;)

♪ Juli ♪
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Klumpie wrote:

i always knew you were a smart dutch boy...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Depends on who you ask.... ;)

hehe, no attack to you. :)
    Klumpie wrote:
    That's a pity, you missed a great match :)

I could watch the repeat in 3 hours, but I rather watch the live Boca game than watch a game where I already know my team is gonna get its ass kicked royally :D

♪ Juli ♪
    brhf9 wrote:
    i always knew you were a smart dutch boy...

But both countries are miles better than Holland, I would pick both countries anyday above Holland. ;) EDIT: As long vBasten is the coach.
    Klumpie wrote:
    But both countries are miles better than Holland, I would pick both countries anyday above Holland. ;) EDIT: As long vBasten is the coach.

nah...that's bullshit ;)

What do you do when Argentina plays against Holland? :D

♪ Juli ♪
    Yeah so Javier Zanetti just posted a comment on my myspace. Now everything's right in the world again ;)

hahahahahah :D

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    nah...that's bullshit ;)

What do you do when Argentina plays against Holland? :D

Actually, I was hoping that Luxembourg would have scored. Then it was time for vBasten to leave this country and go back to his golfclub. Now he won and he's still there. I really hope that the Belarus country will defeat Holland.
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yeah so Javier Zanetti just posted a comment on my myspace. Now everything's right in the world again ;)

hahahahahah :D

the javier zanetti
    Klumpie wrote:
    Actually, I was hoping that Luxembourg would have scored. Then it was time for vBasten to leave this country and go back to his golfclub. Now he won and he's still there. I really hope that the Belarus country will defeat Holland.

hahaha :D so, the whole vBasten thing is a pretty big deal. He's so bad that you would want to see Holland lose so he can leave...mmm..interesting :) Well, if he's really as bad as you say, I hope he leaves soon! :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    RANDOM COMMENT:

Who the fuck had the brilliant idea of playing in ENGLAND? :D I thought they were supposed to play on neutral grounds. Playing in England is like playing in Brazil...I haven't seen anything, but I bet the whole stadium was cheering against Argentina and I bet there were a few thousand English men wearing Brazilian jerseys! :D hahaha.

Just a random thought...

The Crowd booed the substitution of Tevez, the commentator thought that was because the crowd wanted him on instead of off the field.

It didn't seem like an anti argie crowd.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    hahaha :D so, the whole vBasten thing is a pretty big deal. He's so bad that you would want to see Holland lose so he can leave...mmm..interesting :) Well, if he's really as bad as you say, I hope he leaves soon! :D

Thank you, I will say C'MON BELARUS!!!
  • Klumpie wrote:

I seriously doubt that we will get rid of him that easily.
    Klumpie wrote:
    the javier zanetti

I don't know for sure if it's THE Javier Zaneti yet. Although looking at his profile, he could pretty much be. There's links to his foundation website and e-mail, and pics of him with the foundation that could be real home pics, not press released.

The thing is, some famous people have their real profiles that they use, but sometimes there are a lot of different ones that fans make too.

But there ARE real ones.

For example, MESSI has a real one! :eek: and he posts bulletins about what he's doing and stuff. Like he was telling people about his vacation in Rosario, and he posted home pictures.

♪ Juli ♪
    I seriously doubt that we will get rid of him that easily.

Well, I have a feeling that almost whole Holland want him to leave. And King Co Adriaanse is still free ;)
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:

He makes us play really crappy. There is no power in this team. On the world cup he showed that is isn't able to let us play according the Dutch school.
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I don't know for sure if it's THE Javier Zaneti yet. Although looking at his profile, he could pretty much be. There's links to his foundation website and e-mail, and pics of him with the foundation that could be real home pics, not press released.

The thing is, some famous people have their real profiles that they use, but sometimes there are a lot of different ones that fans make too.

But there ARE real ones.

For example, MESSI has a real one! :eek: and he posts bulletins about what he's doing and stuff. Like he was telling people about his vacation in Rosario, and he posted home pictures.

Maybe I will add you someday, but you have to be nice ;)
    The Crowd booed the substitution of Tevez, the commentator thought that was because the crowd wanted him on instead of off the field.

It didn't seem like an anti argie crowd.

I kinda took it based on something someone else who watched the game said, I didn't witness it myself. Although honestly, that was a thought I had as soon as I heard they were going to be playing in London. Doesn't seem like the most neutral of grounds, if you know what I mean ;) haha.

♪ Juli ♪
    Klumpie wrote:
    Maybe I will add you someday, but you have to be nice ;)

hey! I am nice already! :p

♪ Juli ♪
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Well, I have a feeling that almost whole Holland want him to leave. And King Co Adriaanse is still free ;)

Hahahaha, I doubt that the whole country would approve of him. I think he is the type of coach that needs to have his player 24/7. He is all about attacking football and putting pressure on the other team. So it would definitely be an interesting thing to see. I doubt that Zeist will appoint him though. He didn't really play nice in their eyes.:D
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I kinda took it based on something someone else who watched the game said, I didn't witness it myself. Although honestly, that was a thought I had as soon as I heard they were going to be playing in London. Doesn't seem like the most neutral of grounds, if you know what I mean ;) haha.

I do.
    Hahahaha, I doubt that the whole country would approve of him. I think he is the type of coach that needs to have his player 24/7. He is all about attacking football and putting pressure on the other team. So it would definitely be an interesting thing to see. I doubt that Zeist will appoint him though. He didn't really play nice in their eyes.:D

Well, he's a 24/7 coach but then you could use him at a big tournament. Because you have a 4 week preparation. ;)
    I don't quite recall...

Was vBasten also the coach at the 2006 WC, and the little bright one who just decided to not let vNistelrooij play???

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I don't quite recall...

Was vBasten also the coach at the 2006 WC, and the little bright one who just decided to not let vNistelrooij play???

Yep.

What do you think of players like Seedorf, Davids, vNistelrooij, vBommel, Zenden, Boateng, Makaay and Kromkamp????
    Klumpie wrote:
    Yep.

What do you think of players like Seedorf, Davids, vNistelrooij, vBommel, Zenden, Boateng, Makaay and Kromkamp????

Wait...did vBasten leave all these players out?

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Wait...did vBasten leave all these players out?

huh yes, I always said this man is crazy. But nobody believed me. Only Kluivert and Seedorf I could understand that he didn't select these guys. Because they weren't good at that time. But the last 1½ year Seedorf is really good again. So he have to select him and the other players.