The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Cool. That pic with everyone in orange reminds me of my high school :D

It reminds me of the world cup. We have whole streets covered in Orange every major tournament. I'll see if I can find some pictures.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    It reminds me of the world cup. We have whole streets covered in Orange every major tournament. I'll see if I can find some pictures.

I remember seeing in some Argentine tv show, prior to the Arg.-Holland game on this year's World Cup, they were showing a street full of orange people dancing and chanting around. There was also a small group of Argentines chanting, and the Dutch band that was there was so nice and cool as to play the Argentine anthem! haha. I thought that was really cool of them.

EDIT: It was in Amsterdam though, not Germany.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    How did they come up with the idea for the orange uniform?

Just curious, since it's not one of the colors in the flag. I wonder the same about Italy and Australia...

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I remember seeing in some Argentine tv show, prior to the Arg.-Holland game on this year's World Cup, they were showing a street full of orange people dancing and chanting around. There was also a small group of Argentines chanting, and the Dutch band that was there was so nice and cool as to play the Argentine anthem! haha. I thought that was really cool of them.

EDIT: It was in Amsterdam though, not Germany.

Oh that don't matter we get the world cup to Holland. There is no way to escape if you would wish so. It is in all the shops on all the commercials, every program, Cars have little orange balls on the antenna. It is sheer madness.

I love it.:D
  • Boom that isn't just a stroll in the park. Yeah I remember now, I was quite surprised theat Italy and France got drawn in the same group. And to top it off you get Ukraine with it as well.

Cool picture. I didn't know you guys were so fond of Dickie.:D

Julz that was a bright high school you were at :D

And yeh Advocaat, well he had won us the domestic treble his 1st season and in Europe we beat teams like Bayer Leverkusen, Parma..PSV ..twice ahem :D
    He spent too much though. But the best thing he did was £14 million Murray park, 1 of the best training facilities in the world
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    How did they come up with the idea for the orange uniform?

Just curious, since it's not one of the colors in the flag. I wonder the same about Italy and Australia...

The color of the royal family is Orange. So all the national sporters wear all orange or at least some orange.
    Oh that don't matter we get the world cup to Holland. There is no way to escape if you would wish so. It is in all the shops on all the commercials, every program, Cars have little orange balls on the antenna. It is sheer madness.

I love it.:D

Yeah, and that's how it should be everywhere. It's awesome :D It was like that too when I was in Argentina...but here in USA, nobody even cares :(

♪ Juli ♪
  • Julz that was a bright high school you were at :D

And yeh Advocaat, well he had won us the domestic treble his 1st season and in Europe we beat teams like Bayer Leverkusen, Parma..PSV ..twice ahem :D
    He spent too much though. But the best thing he did was £14 million Murray park, 1 of the best training facilities in the world

Seems he is more populair in Glasgow than in Holland.
    The color of the royal family is Orange. So all the national sporters wear all orange or at least some orange.

Ohhh! now it all makes sense :)

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yeah, and that's how it should be everywhere. It's awesome :D It was like that too when I was in Argentina...but here in USA, nobody even cares :(

It really gets you into the world cup, don't it?
    Julz that was a bright high school you were at :D

You bet! :D now that they built a new one, they painted it all in different shades of orange, although they're not THAT bright. What was too too bright were some of the sports uniforms. My volleyball away jersey was a shiny, bright orange. It was a bit too bright, but it looked cool. I wasn't gonna get lost in a crowd, that's for sure :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Ohhh! now it all makes sense :)

http://www.planet.nl/upload_mm/7/d/f/1957914457_1999998596_koninklijke_familie_337.jpg

I don't know why the hell that Argie girl married him. He is butt ugly.
    It really gets you into the world cup, don't it?

Yes. Specially since that's what I expect and know.
    These past 2 WCs haven't been that much fun, kinda depressing actually. It feels like I'm the only one watching and cheering :o

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yes. Specially since that's what I expect and know.
    These past 2 WCs haven't been that much fun, kinda depressing actually. It feels like I'm the only one watching and cheering :o

Why are you there that long? Planning on going back?
    http://www.planet.nl/upload_mm/7/d/f/1957914457_1999998596_koninklijke_familie_337.jpg

I don't know why the hell that Argie girl married him. He is butt ugly.

haha. Well, he could've looked worse, lol.
    I'm not sure how they met or anything. Actually, I don't know why she married him either. All I know is that one day I woke up, and there it was on the news: an Argentine girl became a Dutch princess. I don't know....maybe she just wanted to be a princess, and since the Spanish dude was taken, she went for the Dutch??? :confused: hahaha :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    maybe she just wanted to be a princess

Doen't every girl?:D;)
    Why are you there that long? Planning on going back?

Not really. We moved here because we supposedly have better opportunities and such, lol. So I guess I'm here to stay, at least so it seems for now.

But either way, hopefully 2010 won't be so bad, since I plan to be right there in the middle of the action! SOUTH AFRICA HERE I COME!!! :D

♪ Juli ♪
    Doen't every girl?:D;)

I don't think I ever did :D ....maybe deep down I do......ok, I think the answer to that is YES :p

♪ Juli ♪
  • :D

There is a god.

C. Ronaldo yet again cheated tonight by tricking a ref into giving a penalty. Only he missed and the Denmark goalie had the ball tight in two arms, he didn't even have to let it go. You go right ahead C. Ronaldo pretty soon no one will want you, even your own mother will throw up when she sees you.:D
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I don't think I ever did :D ....maybe deep down I do......ok, I think the answer to that is YES :p

Hahahahaha. Honesty is a good quality in a princess.;)
    :D

There is a god.

C. Ronaldo yet again cheated tonight by tricking a ref into giving a penalty. Only he missed and the Denmark goalie had the ball tight in two arms, he didn't even have to let it go. You go right ahead C. Ronaldo pretty soon no one will want you, even your own mother will throw up when she sees you.:D

hahaha :D

does the dude really cheat all the time???

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Not really. We moved here because we supposedly have better opportunities and such, lol. So I guess I'm here to stay, at least so it seems for now.

But either way, hopefully 2010 won't be so bad, since I plan to be right there in the middle of the action! SOUTH AFRICA HERE I COME!!! :D

Hey you could hook up with BRHF9, he has plans as well.:D
    Hahahahaha. Honesty is a good quality in a princess.;)

indeed :D and if it only depended on that, I would've been crowned a long time ago :p hehe.

mmm....maybe I should move to one of those countries I've never heard of before to better my princessing chances???? :D hahahaha. Or maybe one day I could find out I have long lost royal relatives, ala The Princess Diaries movie? :p

♪ Juli ♪
    Hey you could hook up with BRHF9, he has plans as well.:D

Yeah :D so I've heard. We should all go in a group or something. I plan on getting a World Cup package, those that come with the tickets to the games of your choice and hotel stay and stuff.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    hahaha :D

does the dude really cheat all the time???

Yes he moans for yellow cards for other players, and he drops dead every chance he gets trying to trick the ref. And the look that he gives,man. Like a child that doesn't gets his way.

I know other player will dive on occasion yet he does it 3,4,5 times a match. Hey is so so so (makes a throw up sound).
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yeah :D so I've heard. We should all go in a group or something. I plan on getting a World Cup package, those that come with the tickets to the games of your choice and hotel stay and stuff.

I could never afford that, and I don't think I would if I could. I would really have to be stincking rich if I would do that. There are too many CD I want.:D
    Yes he moans for yellow cards for other players, and he drops dead every chance he gets trying to trick the ref. And the look that he gives,man. Like a child that doesn't gets his way.

I know other player will dive on occasion yet he does it 3,4,5 times a match. Hey is so so so (makes a throw up sound).

So he's pretty much a stupid whiny bitch, eh? :D

I haven't seen him play that much, so I wouldn't quite know. Now that I think of it, he is INDEED a bitch, the game vs. Holland was seriously fucked up, even though it was also the ref's fault.

♪ Juli ♪
    I could never afford that, and I don't think I would if I could. I would really have to be stincking rich if I would do that. There are too many CD I want.:D

haha :D I don't know if I can afford it yet...it's 4 years away, so I would have to start saving up. South Africa is very cheap. I couldn't have afforded doing Germany, but South Africa I think I can. Also, keep in mind that I live with my parents and don't have a car....hahahaha. So I can have money destined to "other stuff" :p

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    So he's pretty much a stupid whiny bitch, eh? :D

I haven't seen him play that much, so I wouldn't quite know. Now that I think of it, he is INDEED a bitch, the game vs. Holland was seriously fucked up, even though it was also the ref's fault.

He is a whiny bitch.

But in All honesty he didn't have that much to do with the Hol-Por fiasco. He was brutally murdered by Boulahrouz and was substituted before he could get annoying, that is not taking his whole appearance into consideration. That alone is worth a yellow card.:D

But what he did to Rooney a team mate at Manu no less is very typical for him. Despite what Rooney did.
    And he does it so often, in the league and in Europe. The guy is like Figo a symbol of anti-football. Did you know that Figo had an action with a Portuguese company to collect money for a good cause this world cup. Not bad wouldn't you say? Only the thing was he would get money for every card an opposing player would get. Here in Holland we have an action that every player that scores earns 100 euros for a good cause. I guess that shows you the difference between Dutch and Portuguese mentality.