Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Bayern offered €15 million for RvN and RvN see forward to play for Münich.
    Blackburn agreed with Porto about Benni McArtney, so Porto has now enough money to pay Vennegoor of PSV. PSV has then enough money to pay Makaay of Münich.
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Klumpie wrote:
    Bayern offered €15 million for RvN and RvN see forward to play for Münich.
    Blackburn agreed with Porto about Benni McArtney, so Porto has now enough money to pay Vennegoor of PSV. PSV has then enough money to pay Makaay of Münich.

it seems that bayern munic really wants him but if he get a contract with bayern munic i will never like him again
  • Options
    Gossip:
    Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder would like to buy Germany striker Miroslav Klose, but fears being out of the Champions League will hinder his chances. (The Sun)

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has told Real Madrid to forget about signing midfielder Xavi Alonso. (Daily Mail)
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Dunga, Brazil captain on the 1994 and 1998 World Cups, will be the next brazilian coach.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    brhf9 wrote:
    Dunga, Brazil captain on the 1994 and 1998 World Cups, will be the next brazilian coach.
    have they made the announcement? dunga was one bloody good captain. hope he can inspire brasil to be hexacampeao.

god, i miss the world cup, i miss the fan fest & i surely miss celebrating with people from all over the world...
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    brhf9 wrote:

Cool :)

Speaking of coaches, Alfio "Coco" Basile is gonna leave Boca Juniors and become the "new" Argentina coach (he was the coach in '94 as well I believe...). And Boca seems to be working something with Lavolpe (ex-Mexico coach).

Any news on USA's new coach yet?
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    brhf9 wrote:
    Brilliant move on the CBF's part.
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Any news on USA's new coach yet?

They're just waiting for Klinsmann to say yes. :p
  • Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Cool :)

Speaking of coaches, Alfio "Coco" Basile is gonna leave Boca Juniors and become the "new" Argentina coach (he was the coach in '94 as well I believe...). And Boca seems to be working something with Lavolpe (ex-Mexico coach).

Wasn't with him that Colombia destroyed Argentina 5-0 in Buenos Aires?

...and Dunga in Brazil is pretty cool
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Towerman wrote:
    Wasn't with him that Colombia destroyed Argentina 5-0 in Buenos Aires?

Yes, but he's also the one who helped Argentina win 2 Copa Americas.
    And the one who helped Boca Juniors win everything they've played for since he's been in charge. If he does nearly as good as he's been doing in Boca, we're in a good path. He knows how to choose his players, and he'll probably include in the team "low-profile" Boca talents such as Palacio, Gago, and Bataglia. If you ask me, the whole national team starting line-up should be made of the current Boca squad...or the 2003 one ;) lmao :D.

Now I hope whoever takes the lead in Boca will do at least half as good as Basile or Bianchi did...
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Brilliant move on the CBF's part.

let's see if he can do a good a job...i really hope so.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Likey??

kitlaunch062502oa2.jpg

kitlaunch06250os8.jpg

kitlaunch062503ly2.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone sense a spanking coming Celtic's way lol
    Has Man U's pre season been any better than celtics?
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Has Man U's pre season been any better than celtics?
    i think Celtic have been better!! sorry :)

anyways looks like Jermaine "i like sucking Ashley Cole's dick" Pennant is gonna be a Liverpool player in the next 24 hours and if things go well..Dirk Kuyt will be signing by the weekend.

and yeh..loving the new adidas kits...so far the Home one is me fave..cant wait to get them next month!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i think Celtic have been better!! sorry :)

anyways looks like Jermaine "i like sucking Ashley Cole's dick" Pennant is gonna be a Liverpool player in the next 24 hours and if things go well..Dirk Kuyt will be signing by the weekend.

and yeh..loving the new adidas kits...so far the Home one is me fave..cant wait to get them next month!

wow Man U must really suck the now then!! Now they're asking Dion Dublin to come out of retirement lol
    But to be honest they usually do well against the mancs
    Celtic Park and Ibrox are very intimidating

haha i can't help but thinking of that chant when i hear of they 2
    > Stick your mobile up yer arse! Stick your mobile up your arse :D

I like the white n blue kit!
    It's OCD time of year again :p;)
  • Options

Celtic 0 - 3 Man U

with 5 minutes to go

Spanked :D
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Van Nistelrooij joins Real Madrid, bad choice of him. If I was RvN I would join Bayern Munich.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Van Nistelrooij joins Real Madrid, bad choice of him. If I was RvN I would join Bayern Munich.

it´s good for me i don´t need to hate him :D
    anyways hsv won their first match in the ligapokal premier and if they loose vs bremen than i read they play a match vs west ham but don´t ask me why ...but that would be cool but hsv should win this ligapokal ...oh and we still got no new striker...
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Bayern's strikers are younger than Ruud. Makes sense for him. Plus he gets reunited with David Beckham. Guess who fed him his best chances at his best year in a United jersey?
  • Options
    FUCK, Sir Alex!!!!!

Near 13 million for a 30-year old? What the hell?
  • Options
    SometimesSometimes Posts: 94
    life is so boring, the world cup has finished and the new season hasn't started. BORING.
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Towerman wrote:
    awesome... that's great news, now I hope Guerrero explodes in Hamburg and Pizarro finally would start playing for the national team the same way he does for Bayern Munich and with Nobby Solano supporting from midfield I believe Peru has a decent shot to make it to the 2010 WC :)

On paper it is a good team. I hope for Farfan that they will make it. Still by then he will not play for PSV any more, at least I don't think so. He is really good.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    Sometimes wrote:
    life is so boring, the world cup has finished and the new season hasn't started. BORING.

Still there is transfer speculation. And besides anything is still possible.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:

I would have been saver going to Bayern, but both clubs have a high Ajax feeling for me so either way it would have been a bad choice.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    FUCK, Sir Alex!!!!!

Near 13 million for a 30-year old? What the hell?

what are you talking???
    they sold RVD wich isn´t that real right but ok ...
  • Options
    On paper it is a good team. I hope for Farfan that they will make it. Still by then he will not play for PSV any more, at least I don't think so. He is really good.

i think and hope not not only on the paper:D;)....i hope sooooooooo too but it doesn´t look so...yes he is that´s true ...we will see who will come
  • Options
    new rummers:we had bought Boubacar Sanogo from keiserslautern (i don´t know him that well) but no official yet...
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,418
    just wanted to share soccer news
    I have been pushing for a soccer program for kids at the school I work at and finally we have one!
  • Options
    in the qualifi for the cl our .....Osasuna spanish no 4 damn they are good but hamburg has to be better and i think we can win...
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Klumpie wrote:
    bad choice for fergie! how do they replace the 20plus goals that he provides every year? smith/saha/solsjaer/rooney/rossi
    are any of thes gonna step up? I dont seea prolific striker among them and past seasons confirm this