Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Hinny wrote:
    They're not fucked, really. It's not like they can't find another club where they'll get paid a similar wage.

yeah they won't have any money problems but career wise some of them got somehow fucked, look for example at Del Piero he's played all his life for Juve and now that he's close to retire he has to go somewhere else where definitively he ain't getting the respect and admiration he's got at Juve. Or Vieira leaving Arsenal last season where he was an idol... I can see the guy right now regretting that move for the rest of his life. But sure as Pearl_Juli said the fans are really the ones that got totally screwed with this mess.

The problem with Juve and and their home crowd is that in Turin, most people are Torino fans but Juventus is the most popular in the rest of the country.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    Towerman wrote:
    yeah they won't have any money problems but career wise some of them got somehow fucked,

Or Vieira leaving Arsenal last season where he was an idol... I can see the guy right now regretting that move for the rest of his life.

While I do feel sorry for some of the players involved, this one tickles me the most. Of course, I won't be laughing as much if this rumored Old Trafford interest is for real.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Towerman wrote:
    Del Piero, Cannavaro, Thuram, Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic, Luca Toni, Camoranesi.... and so many more great players that got fucked with this shit, this summers transfer market is gonna be an intensive one.
    I reckon Del Piero might stay with Juve..with the rest heading to Inter or Real Madrid

in some transfer news..looks like Jermaine Defoe will be heading to Old Trafford as Manure have the dough..15 million apparently.
    he's good..but don't think 15 million good..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    I reckon Del Piero might stay with Juve..with the rest heading to Inter or Real Madrid

in some transfer news..looks like Jermaine Defoe will be heading to Old Trafford as Manure have the dough..15 million apparently.

really defoe that would be cool;) ...still HSV is await for Baros ...
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:

Del Piero and Zambrotta said they would stay in Juve no matter what...but that was before the World Cup...Zambrotta will probably leave.. Looks like Del Piero will be one of the few staying... Marchionni is another one, but this guy just joined the team this season (from Parma).

as for the rest I read that Camoranesi might move to either Valencia or Liverpool (!), Trezeguet to Lyon, Vieira and Ibra to Inter (just like Viola's Luca Toni), Thuram to Barca and Buffon to Milan... Inter is basically the only Italian team that can afford most of Juve's players...AS Roma, unfortunately, can't offer higher wages to Toni or Zambrotta...with these two on the team they could repeat the amazing 2000-2001 season...
    Per sognare altri mondi non è mai troppo tardi
    Another world is possible
  • Options
    as for the rest I read that Camoranesi might move to either Valencia or Liverpool (!)
    I wouldn't mind seeing him a red shirt cos we are desperate for a right sided winger.

btw for the Liverpool fans...we are leading 1-0 in our friendly...Anderson with the goal in the 5th minute

and Bellamy scores on his debut! won 2-0...good start :)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    HSV had a good match yesterday too...a 7:0 :p won!!!
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    HSV had a good match yesterday too...a 7:0 :p won!!!

That's freakin' AWESOME! :eek: congrats ladyg! :)

I'm waiting around for the Argentine league to start :p (GO XENEIZES! :D) and I wanted to follow the Italian and Spanish leagues, but yesterday I realized I didn't have the channel that broadcasts them :( Soooo...I'll settle for the Argentine and English leagues I guess :) haha.

Right now I was having a heated discussion on the myspace FIFA World Cup 2006 thread with a Mexican dude who supports Chivas... :rolleyes: He was talking all kinds of $h!t about how Boca Jrs. sucked..and so did Velez. Of course, I think I defended my team pretty well and presented the kid with the well known facts, that in brief indicated that Boca is a World Class team and that Chivas has nothing on it. And yes...surprisingly, I found myself defending Velez Sarsfield as well and stating that even River Plate was a better team than Chivas...lmao. YIKES! :eek:
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    That's freakin' AWESOME! :eek: congrats ladyg! :)

I'm waiting around for the Argentine league to start :p (GO XENEIZES! :D) and I wanted to follow the Italian and Spanish leagues, but yesterday I realized I didn't have the channel that broadcasts them :( Soooo...I'll settle for the Argentine and English leagues I guess :) haha.

Right now I was having a heated discussion on the myspace FIFA World Cup 2006 thread with a Mexican dude who supports Chivas... :rolleyes: He was talking all kinds of $h!t about how Boca Jrs. sucked..and so did Velez. Of course, I think I defended my team pretty well and presented the kid with the well known facts, that in brief indicated that Boca is a World Class team and that Chivas has nothing on it. And yes...surprisingly, I found myself defending Velez Sarsfield as well and stating that even River Plate was a better team than Chivas...lmao. YIKES! :eek:

it was a testmatch ...so from tommorow on they have their trainingcamp in going (austria) with a testmatch vs blackburn rovers on the 23th ...in august the german bundesliga is startin...
    i think we are all await for the leagues to startin...

well that´s cool;)
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    that's why i like football...

saw a great game today in the brazilian championship, Gremio FPBA x Fluminense FC.

4 x 4, lots of goals, 3 great ones, and the last one being scored with 94 minutes of the game!

what a game!!
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    that's why i like football...

saw a great game today in the brazilian championship, Gremio FPBA x Fluminense FC.

4 x 4, lots of goals, 3 great ones, and the last one being scored with 94 minutes of the game!

what a game!!

so the Brazilian championship already started? :)

Which team were you supporting?

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    so the Brazilian championship already started? :)

Which team were you supporting?

it started in May and had a break for the World Cup. It's already on the 12th week.

And i am a 'incha' for CR Vasco da Gama. Not facing our best days but still...

inappropriate post.

• Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    it started in May and had a break for the World Cup. It's already on the 12th week.

And i am a 'incha' for CR Vasco da Gama. Not facing our best days but still...

Coolness :cool:

I'm a CA Boca Jrs. fan :)

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Do you think the Mexican league is better than the Argentine?

Just asking, I wanted to see what people other than Mexicans or Argentines thought :)

Ok...I'm "debating" if we could say so...I guess it's more like a fight at this point, lol with some dudes on myspace about football and this issue, lol.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    reports claim Kuyt will be a Liverpool player within the next 48 hours!!!!!!

but Kromkamp looks to be on his way to PSV..I wish he stayed to prove himself cos I don't think the fans got to see the best from him.

YNWA
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Do you think the Mexican league is better than the Argentine?

Just asking, I wanted to see what people other than Mexicans or Argentines thought :)

Ok...I'm "debating" if we could say so...I guess it's more like a fight at this point, lol with some dudes on myspace about football and this issue, lol.

their league seems strong, but i guess that made them too self-centered...

inappropriate post.

• Options
    thuram and zambrotta are on Barcelona wishlist for next season.

and Liedson wants to 'pull a Deco' and be another brazilian playing for Portugal. luck for them because he is way better than Pauleta...

inappropriate post.

• Options
    soapyrowssoapyrows Posts: 235
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i LOVE michael ballack!!!!!!!! anyone who has seen him play...........i'm sooooooooo jealous!!
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    i HOPE you'll be a star,
    in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
  • Options
    well I'm going to se Barcelona!.... friendly match in New York(well Giants stadium it's actually New Jersey but...). Saturday, August 12th on my birthday!, Barcelona vs Red Bull NY... Djorkaeff plays for Red Bull so is gonna be cool to see him also. The last four years I got to see Real Madrid, Manchester United, Milan, Juventus, River Plate, Rangers, Bayern Munich, Roma and Liverpool playing here... I know this pre-season matches don't compare with league games but still its pretty cool to get to see every summer some of the beast teams in the world. I hope that Ronaldinho pulls a couple of his tricks.
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:
    well I'm going to se Barcelona!.... friendly match in New York(well Giants stadium it's actually New Jersey but...). Saturday, August 12th on my birthday!, Barcelona vs Red Bull NY... Djorkaeff plays for Red Bull so is gonna be cool to see him also. The last four years I got to see Real Madrid, Manchester United, Milan, Juventus, River Plate, Rangers, Bayern Munich, Roma and Liverpool playing here... I know this pre-season matches don't compare with league games but still its pretty cool to get to see every summer some of the beast teams in the world. I hope that Ronaldinho pulls a couple of his tricks.

You are a lucky, LUCKY man!!!! :) I wanted to go see Barca as well, but they're not playing around here (much like my beloved Pearl Jam...LOL).

Oh well. Hopefully there'll be other clubs touring around here :p

Whenever I finally get to go to Europe, I'm gonna make sure to catch at least a few games by all the top teams. Or at least I wish so...haha.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    soapyrows wrote:
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i LOVE michael ballack!!!!!!!! anyone who has seen him play...........i'm sooooooooo jealous!!

I think he's either way overrated, or he hasn't shown much on the World Cup. I guess I can't judge by the World Cup alone...maybe I should catch him playing at the club level and see what he does :)

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    their league seems strong, but i guess that made them too self-centered...

True. Their league seems to be growing rapidly in importance and quality, and now they're even playing the Libertadores... (which by the way, I think should have a name change, Libertadores as far as I know is about South America and the South American "liberators" lol...if they're gonna bring North America into the equation, better change the name or something :p
    *PURE RANDOM SENSELESS RANT THIS IS* hehe.)

Although, like you said, it is getting to their heads... ;) haha.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    reports claim Kuyt will be a Liverpool player within the next 48 hours!!!!!!

but Kromkamp looks to be on his way to PSV..I wish he stayed to prove himself cos I don't think the fans got to see the best from him.

I think it's better for Kromkamp to come back to Holland, in Holland we know how to use him. And it's almost for sure Kuyt will move to Liverpool, for both sides a great deal.
  • Options
    caifan82caifan82 Mexico City Posts: 321
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

Well, I saw a Boca - Chivas game from the Copa Libertadores, in Argentina where Chivas won 4 - 0. And let me tell you that Boca Jrs looked like everything BUT a World Class team. It was actually pretty sad to see.
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    which by the way, I think should have a name change, Libertadores as far as I know is about South America and the South American "liberators" lol...if they're gonna bring North America into the equation, better change the name or something :p
    *PURE RANDOM SENSELESS RANT THIS IS* hehe.)

Why? We also had "libertadores"... Miguel Hidalgo, Morelos, Vicente Guerrero?
  • Options
    caifan82 wrote:
    Well, I saw a Boca - Chivas game from the Copa Libertadores, in Argentina where Chivas won 4 - 0. And let me tell you that Boca Jrs looked like everything BUT a World Class team. It was actually pretty sad to see.

I know. I watched that game too. That had to be the WORST Boca game ever at the international level. It was very disappointing. I remember watching it and it was like, dude! those Chivas people are just randomly kickin' the ball from outside the area and they always find the net! Those little turds! :D LOL! It was pretty...unbelievable. Those guys have some good aim, lol.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    caifan82 wrote:
    Why? We also had "libertadores"... Miguel Hidalgo, Morelos, Vicente Guerrero?

Yeah, but it's supposed to be Libertadores as in San Martin, Bolivar... South Americans...it's supposed to be a South American cup. They could change the name and bring in Mexico and USA teams as well, and make it clear it's no longer a SA cup exclusively, know what I mean? :)

But anyway, like I said, it was a "pure random senseless rant" ;) nothing to take into further discussion really... ;) lol :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yeah, but it's supposed to be Libertadores as in San Martin, Bolivar... South Americans...it's supposed to be a South American cup. They could change the name and bring in Mexico and USA teams as well, and make it clear it's no longer a SA cup exclusively, know what I mean? :)

Yuck, why do you want USA teams in the Libertadores? Well, I guess some cannon fodder would be a nice points boost for the rest of the teams.
  • Options
    caifan82 wrote:
    Yuck, why do you want USA teams in the Libertadores? Well, I guess some cannon fodder would be a nice points boost for the rest of the teams.

haha, I don't know, we might as well add them too :p That could help make USA and its sucky MLS teams better and more competitive :)

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    they should make the qualifiers for the WC with only one America unified... Mexico and USA have it so easy, that's why they always maket it to the WC.

and besides, that way more South America countries will qualify...