Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    What does the post you replaied to have to do with Frings? If you can't read it would be a good idea for you to stay silent. Silly reaction silly little Puck.
    *yawn* you started your stereoptypes answering to scarletstarlet. And scarletstarlet was answering to hosenbisler about frings. so, it seems that you answered to scarletstarlet without knowing what he was talking about, if you wrote this to me....

First of all, I'm not a he, I'm a she.
    Second, guys, be quiet! :D
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Puck78 wrote:
    dear karma defect, isn't this all about Frings??? And you ask me what has frings to do with this????

No I asked what Frings had to do with my post. The story had evolved from that last remark about stereotypes away from Frings. Then you reacted to me on a post that had nothing to do with Frings and you replayed as if I said that Frings didn't hit Cruz. When in fact I said quite the opposite. So maybe you should read more careful next time before you reply as arrogant as you did. Don't tell me to be silent. I wasn't even directing it to you.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    First of all, I'm not a he, I'm a she.
    Second, guys, be quiet! :D

Sorry.
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Sorry.
    apologies, *sgrunt* ;)
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    apologies, *sgrunt* ;)

I have no idea what sgrunt means. Care to enlighten me?

Anyway lets just forget the whole thing. Still I would like to know what it means.
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    I have no idea what sgrunt means. Care to enlighten me?

Anyway lets just forget the whole thing. Still I would like to know what it means.
    it's a comics noise, something like *humpf* :)
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Becks will maybe join newcastle
    and kompany has joined HSV:D
    and Baros said yes to HSV ;)

ok now it´s all about money

yes...
  • Options
    Owen Hargreaves maybe joins manu ..it´s ok
    but if Marcello Lippi joins manu on ferguson side i am not sure if i really like that ...
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Lucas Neill needs to find himself a better club than Blackburn to play for.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I don't think of him as a damn great player. I can't every time I see his face I get sick. I think he is a whining self involved cheat. Kind of like Robben.

"standing up for his team-mate"

Is that what they are calling it these days. I thought he was just screwing a fellow football player, hoping he might get the other booked. Sure the card was justified. Had he been given two red cards it would have been justified, but you know what else would have been justified? A yellow card for C. Ronaldo. Every time a player asks for yellow I think they should have it.

you can't say that C. Ronaldo is not a great player, you might not like him as a person but as a player he i svery good. i don't believe that he is very self involved but maybe Portugal involved. you can just tell from looking at him when he left the holland match crying. he wants to bring teh world cup to Portugal. and yes that is what it is called these days. he wanted a red card for what he believe deserve a red card. his team mate was on the ground, he did not make Rooney push him, Rooney did that all by himself.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    you can't say that C. Ronaldo is not a great player, you might not like him as a person but as a player he i svery good. i don't believe that he is very self involved but maybe Portugal involved. you can just tell from looking at him when he left the holland match crying. he wants to bring teh world cup to Portugal. and yes that is what it is called these days. he wanted a red card for what he believe deserve a red card. his team mate was on the ground, he did not make Rooney push him, Rooney did that all by himself.

He wanted a red card for what he believed was a red card and so he asked for a red card hence him being an asshole. Do you really think that is OK? Come on Fife you are joking right? Maybe that is what you call it these days, but that is not done. If you do then you are what we call a "maten naaier". Freely translated a person that screws a fellow football player.

IT IS NOT DONE!!!!!!

He is very self involved. He rather throws out yet another move or trick then that he would give a pass on for instance Pauleta or van Nistelrooy. He isn't that good. He is like a circus artist or a seal that does his trick and then hopes he will get a cookie. It is hard enough for a striker these days they don’t need C. Ronaldo to make it yet a bit harder. They make a run to get into position and then the ball should come, but C. Ronaldo is too busy petting his ego and so they made the run for nothing and the element of surprises is gone.
  • Options
    Becks will maybe join newcastle
    and kompany has joined HSV:D
    and Baros said yes to HSV ;)

ok now it´s all about money

yes...

Wow will Baros come to HSV? Is it a sure thing? You must be excited.
  • Options
    How ironic is that?

PSV bought a new player, Manuel da Costa Portuguese. :D
  • Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Owen Hargreaves maybe joins manu ..it´s ok
    but if Marcello Lippi joins manu on ferguson side i am not sure if i really like that ...

Owen Hargreaves really surprised me in this WC... I've seen him before with Bayern Munich where he's not even a regular starter and never thought he was anything special. But he did well at the WC, better than others than were supose to be the stars of England.

By the way, he's canadian but naturalized English
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:
    Owen Hargreaves really surprised me in this WC... I've seen him before with Bayern Munich where he's not even a regular starter and never thought he was anything special. But he did well at the WC, better than others than were supose to be the stars of England.

Ah yes that is true. Sad for Canada though they could have had a halve way decent midfield with De Guzman/Hargaeves/De Guzman.
  • Options
    Ah yes that is true. Sad for Canada though they could have had a halve way decent midfield with De Guzman/Hargaeves/De Guzman.

yeah, is funny/sad how the "big teams" need to naturalize foreign players, I'm not saying is wrong, just that for a team like Japan for example is understandable but for others that suposeley are the best in the world it doesn't seem right. Here's some examples:

France - Trezeguet (Argentina), Viera (Senegal) and I'm pretty sure there's a lot more
    Spain - Senna (Brazil), Pernia (Argentina)
    Italy - Camoranesi (Argentina)
    Portugal - Deco (Brazil)
    England - Hargreaves (Canada)
    Germany - Podolsky, Klose (Poland), Assamoah (Ghana)
    Mexico - Zinha (Brazil), Franco (Argentina)

that's all that I can think of right now.
  • Options
    Wow will Baros come to HSV? Is it a sure thing? You must be excited.

yes.He allready said that he wants to come here !!!! so now it´s just stuff from aston villa ...how much money they want!!!!off course i am ;)
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:

he is but the prob of bayern munic is sometimes that they have to much very good players...
    i know;)
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:
    yeah, is funny/sad how the "big teams" need to naturalize foreign players, I'm not saying is wrong, just that for a team like Japan for example is understandable but for others that suposeley are the best in the world it doesn't seem right. Here's some examples:

France - Trezeguet (Argentina), Viera (Senegal) and I'm pretty sure there's a lot more
    Portugal - Deco (Brazil)

that´s the world is moving!!!!and i like that see some u21 players and up from us are mixed trochowski(poland/german),gomez(spain/german) ,odonkor(i think ghana?/german),and so on...
  • Options
    How ironic is that?

PSV bought a new player, Manuel da Costa Portuguese. :D

not to bad:D
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Ronaldo is the asshole, he had fights with RvN and Rooney this season. Before the England match he promised Rooney he would be send off and he did, he was begging for a card.

Ronaldo also want to move to Spain.

come on but what rooney did wasn´t nice either ...so both are not angels...i know ..and i´ve to say if he really wants to he should move but than his career will slip down ....see for example beckham
  • Options
    Towerman wrote:

Portugal - Deco (Brazil)

I see a difference though between player that spend their childhood in the country for which they play now and plays that were sort of transferred.

Podolski said that he felt German. And I believe Trezeguet and Viera lived most of their lives in France so that seems alright to me. We had a same issue over here with Saloman Kalou. I think it is best to have player in the national team that played in the sandbox in that same country. Players that had there (football)education in that country.

I might be mistaken about Viera and Trezeguet but I think there is a difference between these two and for instance Senna.

Also I believe Assamoah was German before he started playing. I believe he was a refugee, so that is alright.
  • Options
    come on but what rooney did wasn´t nice either ...so both are not angels...i know ..and i´ve to say if he really wants to he should move but than his career will slip down ....see for example beckham

I don't think anyone is denying what Rooney did was wrong, at least I'm not.
    Still C. Ronaldo is like the baby sister that says to the older child I am gonna tell mom on you. nah nah nah nah.
  • Options
    SometimesSometimes Posts: 94
    Crisitiano Ronaldo is a little girl.
  • Options
    Sometimes wrote:

yes he is and an ugly one at that. :D
  • Options
    I see a difference though between player that spend their childhood in the country for which they play now and plays that were sort of transferred.

Podolski said that he felt German. And I believe Trezeguet and Viera lived most of their lives in France so that seems alright to me. We had a same issue over here with Saloman Kalou. I think it is best to have player in the national team that played in the sandbox in that same country. Players that had there (football)education in that country.

I might be mistaken about Viera and Trezeguet but I think there is a difference between these two and for instance Senna.

Also I believe Assamoah was German before he started playing. I believe he was a refugee, so that is alright.

yeah there some cases that are alright, I just put those names cause those were the only ones I could remember while I was typing that. About Trezeguet, he's case is kinda curious, from what I was reading his dad was and argie playing in France in the 70's and Trezeguet was actually born there so my mistake cause he's really french... the funny thing is that when he was only two his dad returned to Argentina where he was raised and lived there until he was 17 and started his professional career. Then Monaco signed him and was called for the U21 French team and the rest is history, when he arrived in Monaco though he spoke only spanish, had to learn french and all that. And to close the full circle, his father was son of French inmigrants to Argentina.... what goes around comes around I guess.

Klose and Podolsky I know they were both raised in Germany so is ok, same with Viera.... Camoranesi got his italian passport because his grand parents were italians, Argentina never called him for their national squad so he accepted Lippi's call. But Senna and Pernia cases are just plain wrong imo.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone is denying what Rooney did was wrong, at least I'm not.
    Still C. Ronaldo is like the baby sister that says to the older child I am gonna tell mom on you. nah nah nah nah.

ok...but the whole world do i think ....last night wasn´t either fair from the german fans to boo ronaldo ...i think you´re wrong but ok that´s the way you see it...
    and i allready think it´s better for him to move to spain ...i´ve change my mind of that bec. what the english press is doin or did it´s death...
  • Options
    Sometimes wrote:

you´re totally wrong....you need a glas...
  • Options
    Manchester United have dismissed reports linking them with Italy coach Marcello Lippi.

oh that´s so good ;) bec. i can´t stand that guy...
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Manchester United have dismissed reports linking them with Italy coach Marcello Lippi.

oh that´s so good ;) bec. i can´t stand that guy...
    im glad too..cos he actually isnt an old senile POS like Fergie
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA