Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    eleonoraeleonora Posts: 3,198
    brhf9 wrote:
    ok, i want to ask you guys a question.

i know the game is great and we all love it but sometimes i think some changes would do good for it.

what do you think about it?

if you agree with me i'll put some of my thoughts here.
    So, tell us...
    " You, you are so special
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    And cover me with dirt.."
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    eleonora wrote:
    So, tell us...

well, i think we can't give the referee all the power to decide anymore.

some of the things that we should consider:

- power to change the calls, just like they use on the american football. you have a number of challenges you can use and only for big plays like (penalty or not penalty, ball passing the goal line, hand goals...).some people may say that it will kill the flow of the game but why not give it a shot?

- limit on the number of fouls.

- ending the offsides. enough about the dubious calls from the assistant referees. making the game easier than it is.

those old farts from FIFA usually say that the discussion is part of the fun but they never played ball and doesn't know what is like to cheer.

so, what do you guys think?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    PedgePedge Posts: 71
    We need to bring in a video referees for contentious decisions like penalties. If a referee believes it is a penalty he should then go to the video referee to confirm or reject his decision. The speed at which the game is played it is very hard to tell if a player has dived or has handballed it in the box and with the ability to watch it on video the correct decision would be made. My Australian team was robbed by a poor decision and with video technology this would not have been made
    Why do people with closed minds always open their mouth
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Klumpie wrote:
    Is it for sure that this player will come???

PSV can better buy Kromkamp and De Cler, good dutch guys and good backs. ;)

I would go for de Cler and Tiendalli instead of Kromkamp. I really like Tiendalli and I would hate to see him go to some small Spanish club.

It isn't really certain that Cuevas will come. Mexican newspapers have said that PSV is trying to reach an agreement with his club. It was also said that Cuevas didn't travel to Paraguay, instead he visited Eindhoven.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    ok, i want to ask you guys a question.

i know the game is great and we all love it but sometimes i think some changes would do good for it.

what do you think about it?

if you agree with me i'll put some of my thoughts here.

I am in doubt about that. Most off the ideas that I ever heard I didn't like. I don't dig the idea of two ref's, nor do I think the off-side rule should go.
    I like the test that was done 10 years ago with a dibbel from the middle line and trying to pass the keeper like that. This all instead of the very tough penalty shoot out. I saw a test with this on a pre season tournament in Italy.
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    more judges, instant replay, end of offsides, etc...

making use of the re-play might be OK. I wouldn't want the off-side rule gone.
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I would go for de Cler and Tiendalli instead of Kromkamp. I really like Tiendalli and I would hate to see him go to some small Spanish club.

It isn't really certain that Cuevas will come. Mexican newspapers have said that PSV is trying to reach an agreement with his club. It was also said that Cuevas didn't travel to Paraguay, instead he visited Eindhoven.

I hope PSV will sign a midfielder like Wilhelmson from Anderlecht, he can play at the position of Park. We need that kind of players.

Tiendalli is also a good back, but I prefer Kromkamp.

PSV is also intrested in Valter Birsa, I don't know him but it is an attacker.
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    brhf9 wrote:
    more judges, instant replay, end of offsides, etc...

nope...
  • Options
    seems the scouts of manu have watch a good player in my eyes:

Tranquillo Barnetta!!!
    that would be cool if he joins manu one day...
  • Options
    i read Real Madrid is going after Adriano e C. ronaldo. Any news on that?

inappropriate post.

• Options
    anybody knows french model Alexandra Paressant?

she claims she is Ronaldinho new affair...another skin & bones piece of ass...

inappropriate post.

• Options
    I just read Pessotto jumped out a window from the office of Juventus. Pessotto is 35 year old player of Juventus. It looks like there is something wrong with Juventus in this scandal.
  • Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Klumpie wrote:
    I just read Pessotto jumped out a window from the office of Juventus. Pessotto is 35 year old player of Juventus. It looks like there is something wrong with Juventus in this scandal.

wtf???.... this is crazy
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:

I read that he fell. German papers said that he tried to commit suicide. John Grisham said that mister Moggi pushed him out the window so he couldn't testify. :D
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    I hope PSV will sign a midfielder like Wilhelmson from Anderlecht, he can play at the position of Park. We need that kind of players.

Tiendalli is also a good back, but I prefer Kromkamp.

PSV is also intrested in Valter Birsa, I don't know him but it is an attacker.

Valter Birsa he is unformiliar to me.

Yes a midfielder that can make runs forward was what was lacking last season with van Bommel and Park gone we missed that. I was hoping they would sign Cziommer, but they waited too long. I thought that if they had sign Huub Stevens as headcoach Cziommer would have come as well. Too bad for that. He would have been ideal as replacement for Cocu.

Tiendalli is younger and there for more likely to get even better, plus he can be sold after a few years. If Feyenoord get Johnsen from Chelsea than they will not try and buy Tiendalli so I would think the road to Eindhoven is clear. What I find strange is that Feyenoord sold Zuiverloon to me that looks like another Huntelaar story if you catch my drift.
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    i read Real Madrid is going after Adriano e C. ronaldo. Any news on that?

nope i hope not !!!!he should stay in england !!!!
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    anybody knows french model Alexandra Paressant?

she claims she is Ronaldinho new affair...another skin & bones piece of ass...

no but hey he has a son allready ...so and i am having no idear maybe he got more kids then we know :D and he´s still young ...
  • Options
    uh i just read that he talked with real madrid and he wants to join as it seems ...
    than he should !that would be shocking! but i don´t think he will be happy in spain .....
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    welcome to the Kop!
    Fabio Aurelio will officially become a Liverpool player in a few days time.

The 27-year-old Brazilian left back has been snapped up by Rafa on a Bosman (free) transfer.

He's already agreed personal terms and all the necessary documentation has been sorted but he can't become a Red until July 1st. That's when he will sign his 4-year contract.

Aurelio will be joined at pre-season training next week which will be attended by non-World Cup players including Gabriel Paletta and Craig Bellamy.

cant wait to see Paletta in action as well..heard too many good things aboot the Argentine.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    welcome to the Kop!

cant wait to see Paletta in action as well..heard too many good things aboot the Argentine.

he is still only 27?

i didn't even remember him anymore...

at least Liverpool is getting some brazilian flavor...

inappropriate post.

• Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    welcome to the Kop!

About that Fabio Aurelio. How come he can join Liverpool, don't you need to play at least 70% of the last international games for your country?
  • Options
    ringo_l17ringo_l17 Posts: 62
    About that Fabio Aurelio. How come he can join Liverpool, don't you need to play at least 70% of the last international games for your country?

Aurelio has an Italian passport.
    You've had a hard time? I've been here five years, they only hung me the right way up yesterday.
  • Options

That's why he didn't join HSV, he is too good for HSV ;)
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    That's why he didn't join HSV, he is too good for HSV ;)

nooooooooooo that´s not true i don´t know why he didn´t join us but he will regret it;):p
  • Options
    Ronaldo has signed a long term contract until June 2010 and will be a player with Manchester United next season."

:):):)
  • Options
    nooooooooooo that´s not true i don´t know why he didn´t join us but he will regret it;):p

Please Lady, do you really think Farfan will join HSV if he can stay at the almighty PSV :D
  • Options
    Ronaldo has signed a long term contract until June 2010 and will be a player with Manchester United next season."

:):):)

Than RvN will leave, it looks like ManU is becoming a gay-club.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Than RvN will leave, it looks like ManU is becoming a gay-club.

how do you know that btw you got to know that:D:D
    sorry ;);)

and by the way ruud said if there is no good angebot for him he will stay;);)
    dididi :p:p
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Please Lady, do you really think Farfan will join HSV if he can stay at the almighty PSV :D

i know that this upcoming season he won´t join hsv but it can allways change;):p