our under 17 lost vs rusia so they play for the third place vs spain
    and the final is rusia vs chech republik
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    and from may 23 is the U 21 EM
  • Options
    United snap up Brazilian duo XML / RSS

Fluminense twins Rafael and Fabio have been snapped up by Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson has agreed a deal for the 15-year-old Brazilian brothers to head for Old Trafford in three years' time when they will be allowed to move to England.

The Brazil Under-15 internationals caught Ferguson's eye during a youth tournament in Hong Kong and play on both sides of the pitch as wing backs.

It is understood that the twins have already spent time training in Manchester, speaking Portuguese to first team winger Cristiano Ronaldo.

Rafael told Terra: "He said to go there, That it would be good for us.

"We met him (Ronaldo) in Manchester and he responded by giving us advice."

Fabio believes there is much to achieve before he joins United in 2008 as he turns 16 in July and holds a Portuguese passport.

He explained: "Until then, we will wait to participate in the South American and World Under 17 Championships with Brazil,

"We are very motivated. It is a great possibility to give a better life for our family."
  • Options
    i don´t know if that´s good ...fergi sets smith a comback for september ...
    i hope that won´t be to much pressure on him...
  • Options
    torres to the gunners ???
    it´s bec. fabregas urges them to do that...
    we will see...
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    It might be wrong, but reading this post gave me the idea that you have used some while writing. Hahahaha

I couldn't make haed nor tail out of it.

I thought about it for hours I'm glade that you noticed my hard work. hahahaha.

???????????????

I don't understand what it is that you don't get.

Unless the second part was a joke. then hahahahaha
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    oh so your youth is good too:D

Hahahaha

• Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    What remains though is that you really talked down to a league that is respected as a supplier for the top leagues.( The Dutch league )

For as long as I can remember (which is at least twenty years) we were in or around the number 6 position on the UEFA club table and this compared to the FIFA Countries table that really means something.

I feel you need to say that you were wrong to post with the attitude you did. There was no respect in your tone.
    I apologize that you thought I was being disrespectful. However, look at how you're defending the Eredivisie:

The Dutch league is a feeder league.
    There are at least 5 leagues ranked above the Dutch league based on UEFA coefficients

Now, don't get me wrong. When I was growing up and learning about the game, the Ajax teams and then the PSV teams were a joy to watch. But the fact remains (and I DO say this with respect and more than a healthy dose of reality) that because of money (I admit freely to that), the Dutch league has been left behind a bit by the upper-echelon leagues in Europe (e.g. La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, EPL).

Does that make it right? No. I hate it that money dictates so much of the game and a guy like Roman Abramovich can essentially buy the title and teams resemble a United Nations lineup more than teams representing the countries they're from. THAT much I respect Dutch teams for--they actually put Dutch players on the field. If I had my way, the 3-foreigner rule would make a comeback.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    I apologize that you thought I was being disrespectful.

Thanks
    dkst0426 wrote:
    However, look at how you're defending the Eredivisie:
    The Dutch league is a feeder league.
    There are at least 5 leagues ranked above the Dutch league based on UEFA coefficients

I feel I was quit realistic myself. I do feel our league is a good league. The Italian, Spanish and English league are just better, but that doesn't mean it can't be good. The French and the German league aren't that much better.

I reckon that is pretty good having a 6th/7th position especially if the number 5 position is the best you could possible achieve.
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Now, don't get me wrong. When I was growing up and learning about the game, the Ajax teams and then the PSV teams were a joy to watch. But the fact remains (and I DO say this with respect and more than a healthy dose of reality) that because of money (I admit freely to that), the Dutch league has been left behind a bit by the upper-echelon leagues in Europe (e.g. La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, EPL).

You are forgetting Feyenoord.

It hasn't been left behind, it was always behind. And still we manage to do pretty well.

- 6 times the Europa cup one.
    - 1 Europa cup two.
    - 4 times the UEFA cup.

I am fairly satisfied with that taking in regard that we are not a top league country.

Does that make it right? No. I hate it that money dictates so much of the game and a guy like Roman Abramovich can essentially buy the title and teams resemble a United Nations lineup more than teams representing the countries they're from. THAT much I respect Dutch teams for--they actually put Dutch players on the field. If I had my way, the 3-foreigner rule would make a comeback.[/quote]

I would love to go back to the old rules. However we could win as it is. I do mean could, not will. Last year we were close, I don't think Liverpool would have beaten PSV if they would've been in the final instead of Milan.
  • Options
    I would love to go back to the old rules. However we could win as it is. I do mean could, not will. Last year we were close, I don't think Liverpool would have beaten PSV if they would've been in the final instead of Milan.
    Who knows? I hate Liverpool myself, but even I was drawn more and more into that game. It was a strange night. One of those once-in-a-lifetime games.

And maybe PSV would've won......after all, Dudek was in goal.

HAH! It all comes full circle now LOL

And one final comment about the Eredivisie: it could always be worse. It could be down low enough on the caliber of some Mickey Mouse leagues. Like say........the MLS. :rolleyes: Now THAT is a league destined to be nothing more than a developmental league.
  • Options
    Hahahaha

well just a notice...for the record;);)
  • Options
    seems now manu wants to buy Torres ....seems like the whole EPL wants him:D
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Who knows? I hate Liverpool myself, but even I was drawn more and more into that game. It was a strange night. One of those once-in-a-lifetime games.
    That trophy had Liverpool's name written on it even before the game was kicked off...it was one of those things.
    It's a shame that most bias fans see it as we don't deserve it etc.
    to play against a side like AC Milan the way we did in the 2nd half was just one of those days when I told meself..i'm so glad to be supporting this club.
    even during the route to the finals..we never did have a full strength squad available to play til the semi final stage so in that sense too I was proud of last season's accomplishments.

Future is looking very bright here and all of the Kopites cannot wait for next season.
    But for now...we have the FA Cup final to keep us occupied.
    YNWA
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    i cross my fingers for the hammers :D

but mostley i follow tommorow the HSV-Bremen match ;) of course!!!
    Hamburg meine Perle

Hamburg will win but sad that VDv ain´t fit...
    but so much is goin on here now creazy stuff will hsv supporters do to make hamburg to win:D

and the euphorie is really huge ...Hamburg has to win and will win...
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    seems now manu wants to buy Torres ....seems like the whole EPL wants him:D

Fergie is an idiot. He really think he can sell RvN for alot of money. But RvN will not leave, RvN will only leave for PSV. And PSV offered Manure 7,4 million euros. That's enough for a striker who isn't even on the bench.

Bye, bye Fergie you're the weakest link.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Fergie is an idiot. He really think he can sell RvN for alot of money. But RvN will not leave, RvN will only leave for PSV. And PSV offered Manure 7,4 million euros. That's enough for a striker who isn't even on the bench.

well but RVD is still a big name and the world is about money...but the way is maybe a bit harsh ....but it´s so ...
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    well but RVD is still a big name and the world is about money...but the way is maybe a bit harsh ....but it´s so ...

Nope, RvN told that he will not leave Manure.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:

And maybe PSV would've won......after all, Dudek was in goal.

HAH! It all comes full circle now LOL

And one final comment about the Eredivisie: it could always be worse. It could be down low enough on the caliber of some Mickey Mouse leagues. Like say........the MLS. :rolleyes: Now THAT is a league destined to be nothing more than a developmental league.

Oh I don't hate Liverpool. I'm not that excited with them the last few years, all though things are a little better now than that they were under Hollier.

Liverpool-Everton was the first Cup-final and English match I ever saw. I believe it was 1989. Liverpool has always been a club that I liked eversince, not my favourite English club though.

However let us consider the circle made full. Hahahaha.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:

It would be a bargain though. If Ruud comes back home then that will be worth sending Fergeson some flowers, even is he is an idiot.
  • Options
    ah its FA Cup final day :D

damn I can't wait...Alonso's fit for the final too.
    expecting a tough game but if we can score an early i think it could set the tempo of the game to our advantage cos I don't remember too many West Ham comebacks
    COME ON YOU REDS!
    YNWA
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    Liverpool-Everton was the first Cup-final and English match I ever saw. I believe it was 1989. Liverpool has always been a club that I liked eversince, not my favourite English club though.
    yup was 1989...we beat them :D

YNWA
  • Options
    Aldridge opened the scoring early, then Kevin Richardson equalized late. Extra time. Rush twice, and Richardson for Everton again.

That's IF memory serves me correctly. It's been a while.
  • Options
    And then 4 days later.........poor Liverpool fans. :p
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    And then 4 days later.........poor Liverpool fans. :p
    6 days after actually..:|

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yup was 1989...we beat them :D

We were having a BBQ and I went in and out of the house back and forth to get the meat and see the match.
    I don't remember the score line, I remember being very excited by the match. It was very hot that day. I also remember John Barners.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Nope, RvN told that he will not leave Manure.

so what??....so he stays?
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    ah its FA Cup final day :D

damn I can't wait...Alonso's fit for the final too.
    expecting a tough game but if we can score an early i think it could set the tempo of the game to our advantage cos I don't remember too many West Ham comebacks
    COME ON YOU REDS!
    YNWA

everthing can happen:D ...more intresting for me Hamburg will win;)
  • Options
    Hammers & Hamburgers.