The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    thank you ...i hope i will ...

i am sure palace can score 2 goals :D;)
    2 goals won't be enough :(

isnt the Roy Keane testimonial on now?
    wonder whats the score...2 teams i cant stand lol..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    2 goals won't be enough :(

isnt the Roy Keane testimonial on now?
    wonder whats the score...2 teams i cant stand lol..

ok...that´s a pitty :(
    so they need 3 goals is there anybody who can make that

it´s today but i can´t watch that or hear it:(:(:(:(
  • Options
    it´s s still 0:0 i think ...
  • Options
    spurs on a replay vs west ham ????or something like that
    or was it tottenham?
    i hear the match now;)
  • Options
    spurs on a replay vs west ham ????or something like that
    or was it tottenham?
    i hear the match now;)
    Sperms want a replay lol...not gonna happen
    what losers...don't they realise this is a blessing in diguise?
    the FA is saving them from looking like idiots in the CL
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Sperms want a replay lol...not gonna happen
    what losers...don't they realise this is a blessing in diguise?
    the FA is saving them from looking like idiots in the CL

they should shut up ...
    rio is off now and keane is on now for us...
    great play from giigs now
    attack Giggs and Ronaldo now...
  • Options
    Watford game has just got interesting....their manager and Fitz Hall from Palace got into a fight and then everyone else joined in the fight lol..
    only a yellow card for Hall and sending off for Watford's manager Boothroyd.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Watford game has just got interesting....their manager and Fitz Hall from Palace got into a fight and then everyone else joined in the fight lol..
    only a yellow card for Hall and sending off for Watford's manager Boothroyd.

that´s not good ;)

i try to follow that match listening to english speakers when it´s foothball is rerally hard ;) but i´ve to learn ...
  • Options
    ronaldo goaled a really good one as i heard :D
    but it was just a question of time when he goal
  • Options
    ronaldo goaled a really good one as i heard :D
    but it was just a question of time when he goal
    whats the score now?

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    whats the score now?

still 1:0
    andronaldo is trying ...he has now 13ten goals so he need 2 more to win the bet with fergi:D
  • Options
    can this be truth i just read they sell ruud bec. he punch-up for the second time with Ronaldo
  • Options
    SometimesSometimes Posts: 94
    can this be truth i just read they sell ruud bec. he punch-up for the second time with Ronaldo

ruud kicked ronaldo's ass.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha hahahahhaaahahahah
  • Options
    Sometimes wrote:

i bet Gaynaldo enjoyed it...

YNWA
  • Options
    Sometimes wrote:

how kidish is that :p well i think it was more than that ....
    and by the way there was allways a strange between ruud and ferguson i think ...

oh ronaldo is off the field now ...it´s still
    1:0
  • Options
    good night now ...manu won´t work for me :p;)
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    It's still unconfirmed, but more and more accounts are surfacing about a major bust-up between Ruud and Ronaldo at practice in January, resulting from Ruud's insisting on a jab in very VERY poor taste at Ronaldo's recently-deceased father.

That is only part of what Sir Alex seems to be pointing to as a pattern of behavior by Ruud that has been detrimental to team chemistry.

IF any of that turns out to be true, as a lifelong United fan, I want no further part of Ruud van Nistelrooy in the United jersey. And if he was pissed because he was benched for the season finale, you know what? Suck it up, boy! Your form's been shit since February/March, and Saha's been on fire, and Rossi's been lighting it up in the Reserves, so what was Sir Alex SUPPOSED to do?
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    how kidish is that :p well i think it was more than that ....
    and by the way there was allways a strange between ruud and ferguson i think ...

oh ronaldo is off the field now ...it´s still
    1:0

Well I don't know what you mean by always, but if you really mean always then your wrong. When Ruud was injured in 2000 Ferguson kept in touch with him. He really believed Ruud would come back and Ferguson wanted him to play for ManU. That is why this situation is so bizzare. However Ferguson has done this before. Beckham, Stam, Keane and now it is happening to Ruud.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    As Keane and Beckham before him and Cantona before him and Hughes before him and Robson before him, etc etc have shown--no man is bigger than Manchester United.

They will be fine. We have Rossi coming up, and we should make some money off a sale of Ruud to get capable replacements. Truth be told, I'd rather go after someone like Mascherano to shore up the midfield, and let Rossi have his chance next year, along with Rooney and Saha.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    As Keane and Beckham before him and Cantona before him and Hughes before him and Robson before him, etc etc have shown--no man is bigger than Manchester United.

They will be fine. We have Rossi coming up, and we should make some money off a sale of Ruud to get capable replacements. Truth be told, I'd rather go after someone like Mascherano to shore up the midfield, and let Rossi have his chance next year, along with Rooney and Saha.

Woah man you forget easily. Ruud done a lot for the club. And the question isn't whether these players are bigger than the club which of course they aren't. The question is does Fergeson think he is bigger than the club, He sure as hell acts that way.
    And that whole deal with his son and the transfers is a bit shaddy at best.

This man has no soul. The only fucking reason he does this is to spite Ruud for supporting Keane in what he said. Shame on you Alex.
  • Options
    Woah man you forget easily. Ruud done a lot for the club. And the question isn't whether these players are bigger than the club which of course they aren't. The question is does Fergeson think he is bigger than the club, He sure as hell acts that way.
    And that whole deal with his son and the transfers is a bit shaddy at best.

This man has no soul. The only fucking reason he does this is to spite Ruud for supporting Keane in what he said. Shame on you Alex.
    Everything I've stated to this point hinges on what's been going on behind closed doors and/or away from the prying media. SOMETHING had to have happened to make Ruud leave like that. He's been around long enough at Old Trafford to know what the bottom line deal is, so regardless of whether or not I agree with how Sir Alex runs the team sometimes, that's how it goes. Ruud surely knew better. Should Sir Alex know better? Of course, but that's how authority goes. The one with it speaks, and the rest follow. That's how a team works, and if Ruud can't buy into that, then he doesn't need to be a part of the team.

If it turns out that Sir Alex is running the team into the ground, then time will reflect that. I'd say that his record to this point speaks for itself.

And no, I don't forget easily. I was thrilled to death to be able to actually chant "Ruuuuud!" at a live game when United came to the US in '03, and he scored a magical goal against Juve in New York and made Victor Valdes look like a fool in Philly. That being said, Ruud van Nistelrooy's departure will not be the hardest pill I've ever had to swallow as far as player departures go. Not counting the retirements of Messrs. Robson, Cantona, and Schmeichel, that one is reserved for Mr. Beckham.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Everything I've stated to this point hinges on what's been going on behind closed doors and/or away from the prying media. SOMETHING had to have happened to make Ruud leave like that. He's been around long enough at Old Trafford to know what the bottom line deal is, so regardless of whether or not I agree with how Sir Alex runs the team sometimes, that's how it goes. Ruud surely knew better. Should Sir Alex know better? Of course, but that's how authority goes. The one with it speaks, and the rest follow. That's how a team works, and if Ruud can't buy into that, then he doesn't need to be a part of the team.

If it turns out that Sir Alex is running the team into the ground, then time will reflect that. I'd say that his record to this point speaks for itself.

And no, I don't forget easily. I was thrilled to death to be able to actually chant "Ruuuuud!" at a live game when United came to the US in '03, and he scored a magical goal against Juve in New York and made Victor Valdes look like a fool in Philly. That being said, Ruud van Nistelrooy's departure will not be the hardest pill I've ever had to swallow as far as player departures go. Not counting the retirements of Messrs. Robson, Cantona, and Schmeichel, that one is reserved for Mr. Beckham.

Really you prefer Beckham over Cantona?

I don't think Ferguson has done so well in the last few years. And I heard that Ruud was totally freaked out over something. Seeing the type of person he is he wouldn't do so just out of the blue. Besides that Ferguson is just trying to fuck up Ruud's mind. Alex Ferguson is known for these screwed up mind games. He is just trying to get Ruud to leave so they can catch some money for him. Which is actually quit stupid. Why sell one of the best strikes? He isn't in the best of form, but that will come back. You do have to put him in of course.

No matter Ruud is welcome in Eindhoven anyday.
  • Options
    Really you prefer Beckham over Cantona?

Please note that I said "not counting Robson, Schmeichel, and Cantona," who all retired (even though Schmikes' retirement was Michael Jordanesque), I would count the departure of Beckham from Old Trafford as the one that hurt the most. Losing Hughes hurt, too, but at least he came back after a while.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Please note that I said "not counting Robson, Schmeichel, and Cantona," who all retired (even though Schmikes' retirement was Michael Jordanesque), I would count the departure of Beckham from Old Trafford as the one that hurt the most. Losing Hughes hurt, too, but at least he came back after a while.

Kick Ferguson out and Beckham might to.
  • Options
    Kick Ferguson out and Beckham might to.
    No, after I had time to think about it, as much as it hurt, Beckham HAD to go. Manchester United has a strange paradox: while being quite possibly THE most famous club team in the world, it has always been a team that wasn't quite the right "fit" for players who were media darlings. There are/were superstars, for sure, but not megastars.

Georgie Best was the first, and it's no accident that his play suffered once his fame rose to stratospheric stature.

Beckham was headed that way, and the attention surrounding him, which you would think would deflect away from the rest of the team, began to turn into a serious distraction. When a coach can't even run a practice session without the paparazzi close by, something's wrong.

That's why he had to go. Unfortunately, the players thought to be his successors have not quite panned out as hoped (Darren Fletcher most notably), and then there was the subsequent Keane debacle when United looked to be getting it back together, followed by Smicker's injury, and now Rooney's and the Ruud saga.

Long story short? United will be ok. The main thing now is to concentrate on getting that midfield stabilized, and I am confident that United will emerge as a serious contender next season. Look how close they came to Chel-ski even with all this crap surrounding the team this season.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    No, after I had time to think about it, as much as it hurt, Beckham HAD to go. Manchester United has a strange paradox: while being quite possibly THE most famous club team in the world, it has always been a team that wasn't quite the right "fit" for players who were media darlings. There are/were superstars, for sure, but not megastars.

Georgie Best was the first, and it's no accident that his play suffered once his fame rose to stratospheric stature.

Beckham was headed that way, and the attention surrounding him, which you would think would deflect away from the rest of the team, began to turn into a serious distraction. When a coach can't even run a practice session without the paparazzi close by, something's wrong.

That's why he had to go. Unfortunately, the players thought to be his successors have not quite panned out as hoped (Darren Fletcher most notably), and then there was the subsequent Keane debacle when United looked to be getting it back together, followed by Smicker's injury, and now Rooney's and the Ruud saga.

Long story short? United will be ok. The main thing now is to concentrate on getting that midfield stabilized, and I am confident that United will emerge as a serious contender next season. Look how close they came to Chel-ski even with all this crap surrounding the team this season.

We will see. I think it's a wrong move to let Ruud go. He plays like a superstar,but remains with his feet on the ground.
  • Options
    We will see. I think it's a wrong move to let Ruud go. He plays like a superstar,but remains with his feet on the ground.
    they are gonna miss his goals.
    he is definitely an important player for Manure
    it will take awhile for Manure to recover unless Fergie can find a really good replacement.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    they are gonna miss his goals.
    he is definitely an important player for Manure
    it will take awhile for Manure to recover unless Fergie can find a really good replacement.

But that won't be cheap.
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    So,who does everyone think will win the World cup/I honestly think Brazil will win again.Every year you get people saying England,Spain or Holland will win but anyone who knows football knows those teams are the most over-rated in the world.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    So,who does everyone think will win the World cup/I honestly think Brazil will win again.Every year you get people saying England,Spain or Holland will win but anyone who knows football knows those teams are the most over-rated in the world.

I don't know how Holland is rated so I wouldn't know if they are over-rated. Who did the rating?