Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i don´t party bec. of that:D

and by the way next season is a new one;) and hamburg is able to do it in the qualify for the cl ...
    well..at least party for the fact that it was a superb final..West Ham should very proud of themselves.
    Look at guys like Fowler etc who lost a FA Cup final when they were 21..but they had a chance to do it again so yeh..never give up and I hope to see West Ham in another domestic final very soon.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    sounds fair i suppose :)

They won though :):):):) woop

wish i didnt have an exam monday...wanna go to pub
    congrats
    am still catching me breathe from the Liverpool game..trust them to cause me another heart attack every season.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    that is so true...i wished 2 teams could be crowned winners cos West Ham were great as well.
    I'm just very relieved..still catching me breathe...when Gerrard scored the 3rd one I just couldn't believe it and from there on was confident we could win on penalties cos of Pepe's reputation with penalties.
    the most important thing too is finally we witnessed a FA Cup classic cos it's been due.
    Congrats me beloved Reds :D
    YNWA

This was a match for which the FA cup final is famous. Both Gerrard goals were beautiful, but the second was amazing.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    This was a match for which the FA cup final is famous. Both Gerrard goals were beautiful, but the second was amazing.
    exactly..it's been such a long time since we have seen a final where both teams went out there and gave it a go.
    recently too the FA Cup has been somewhat ignored due to most clubs having a very busy schedule.
    definitely added to the books as a Fa Cup classic.
    Stevie's second goal was just wow!
    it took me 2 minutes to recover..i was really speechless.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    exactly..it's been such a long time since we have seen a final where both teams went out there and gave it a go.
    recently too the FA Cup has been somewhat ignored due to most clubs having a very busy schedule.
    definitely added to the books as a Fa Cup classic.
    Stevie's second goal was just wow!
    it took me 2 minutes to recover..i was really speechless.

I bet you were. hahahaha. Well done dude two years, two finals, two cups.
    Now lets hope you can give Chelski a run for their money next season.
  • Options
    I bet you were. hahahaha. Well done dude two years, two finals, two cups.
    Now lets hope you can give Chelski a run for their money next season.
    don't forget the Super Cup as well :D
    and also..we lost the World Club Cup final due to horrible tactics..maybe Rafa was distracted cos his dad had just recently passed away.
    am really pleased with the progress of the team and next season i hope we can challenge Chelski.
    apparently there's gonna be a huge clear out at the club too with Hamann,Morientes and our out on loan players to be on that list..a total of 16 players rumored to be given the boot.
    Rafa too is back to trying to sign Luisao..great player but i dont think we need another defender..today's game was evidence that we needed a right sided winger....Stevie made no impact on the game in the 1st half cos he was stuck at wide right.
    West Ham really did a great job closing down the flanks therefore Stevie and Kewell made no impact whatsoever in the first half.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    don't forget the Super Cup as well :D
    and also..we lost the World Club Cup final due to horrible tactics..maybe Rafa was distracted cos his dad had just recently passed away.
    am really pleased with the progress of the team and next season i hope we can challenge Chelski.
    apparently there's gonna be a huge clear out at the club too with Hamann,Morientes and our out on loan players to be on that list..a total of 16 players rumored to be given the boot.
    Rafa too is back to trying to sign Luisao..great player but i dont think we need another defender..today's game was evidence that we needed a right sided winger....Stevie made no impact on the game in the 1st half cos he was stuck at wide right.
    West Ham really did a great job closing down the flanks therefore Stevie and Kewell made no impact whatsoever in the first half.

I know a very good right winger.

He plays in stripes.
    White and green ones to be exact.
    He his at a small club.
    He a has a great cross.
    He has an awesome free kick.
    He speaks the second language of the club.

Can you guess who that is?

I think you could use a defender that is comfertable on the ball though. Maybe Chivu.
  • Options
    I know a very good right winger.

He plays in stripes.
    White and green ones to be exact.
    He his at a small club.
    He a has a great cross.
    He has an awesome free kick.
    He speaks the second language of the club.

Can you guess who that is?

I think you could use a defender that is comfertable on the ball though. Maybe Chivu.
    Joaquin?
    we been linked with him many times..but Chelski has too so im not confident with signing him.
    Chelski too are confidently releasing Crespo and listening to offers for Drogba so does that mean Shevchenko is definitely on his way?

under Houllier..we were linked with Chivu alot but it never happened..Mexxes too.
    i agree with needing a defender who is comfortable with the ball..Hyypia used to be very good at that but he's aging.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Joaquin?
    we been linked with him many times..but Chelski has too so im not confident with signing him.
    Chelski too are confidently releasing Crespo and listening to offers for Drogba so does that mean Shevchenko is definitely on his way?

under Houllier..we were linked with Chivu alot but it never happened..Mexxes too.
    i agree with needing a defender who is comfortable with the ball..Hyypia used to be very good at that but he's aging.

Yes Joaquin was the winger I was talking about. I wouldn't go to Chelsea if I were him. They have too many players as it is. I think Shevchenko might really be on his way out. Milan is aming to rebuild their defence and could use Gallas in that process. I wouldn't let him go though. maybe they could lose Inzaghi instead.
  • Options
    Yes Joaquin was the winger I was talking about. I wouldn't go to Chelsea if I were him. They have too many players as it is. I think Shevchenko might really be on his way out. Milan is aming to rebuild their defence and could use Gallas in that process. I wouldn't let him go though. maybe they could lose Inzaghi instead.
    just look at SWP..Chelski have ruined his WC 06 dreams..now the poor fella might have to rejoin Man City cos Chelski don't want him anymore lol.

Gallas to Milan..i'd love to see that..they really need to rebuild with younger guys behind and in front.
    i think Milan would confidently sell Sheva if they sign Eto'o or even Henry whom they have recently been linked with as well.

YNWA
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    Brisk wrote:
    Ye Ron is good but could he score the equalising goal in the cup final from 25 yards out in the last minute suffering from severe cramp?
    No. He'd have play a brilliant pass through 3 defenders to set Eto'o up. ;)

Brilliant game.
  • Options
    natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165
    What a game. I can't remember a better cup final than that one. What else can be said about Stevie G? Ronaldinho may have more skill but Stevie has got the heart and determination like no player I've ever seen. It's not just the quality of his play (especially the goals today) but the timing and importance of his best performances that makes him so special.

Fair shake to the Hammers though. With about five minutes to go (the first time that doubt crept into my mind) I thought about the game and decided that they would be deserving winnners. Yes, all three of their goals were as a result of some dodgy defending but they really played their hearts out and for large portions of the game were the better side.

Hopefully Gonzalez will be the answer to the problem on the right. Although to be fair I'm not sure if he'll get in the team. I think our best midfield formation is Kewell on the left, Momo and Xabi in the center and then Stevie on the right or roaming. If Gonzalez plays on the right perhaps Stevie will play just behind Crouch and we'll have a 4-4-1-1.

Great way to end the season.

YNWA
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    just look at SWP..Chelski have ruined his WC 06 dreams..now the poor fella might have to rejoin Man City cos Chelski don't want him anymore lol.

Gallas to Milan..i'd love to see that..they really need to rebuild with younger guys behind and in front.
    i think Milan would confidently sell Sheva if they sign Eto'o or even Henry whom they have recently been linked with as well.

Henry to Barca, Eto'o to Milan now that is intresting.

I think Shevchenko might actually go this time. He will team up with the mad Russian. Or he will stay, hahahaha. No I reckon there is a good chance it will happen.
  • Options
    I wonder if Sheva has spent any time at all talking to his old buddy Rebrov about just how easy a move to England is.
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Joaquin?

Chel-ski has been linked with EVERYONE.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    I wonder if Sheva has spent any time at all talking to his old buddy Rebrov about just how easy a move to England is.

Good point. I wonder how he would do with less space. The counter football does seem to be made for him. I don't think this type of play is very easy in the primeur league.
  • Options
    Good point. I wonder how he would do with less space. The counter football does seem to be made for him. I don't think this type of play is very easy in the primeur league.
    Not to mention the pace of the game in general as compared to Serie A or the continental style. This isn't to say one's necessarily better than the other, just to point out that there's a huge difference.
  • Options
    Frankie? Frankie Lampard? You there, son? Or are you in your bathroom crying because your boss has decided to pick up another supposed top-notch player to man pretty much the exact same position you play in Chel-ski's midfield?

What's that you say? "Why do we keep adding these hired guns"? Good question. I figured you'd have a good answer, since you've spent the better part of the past couple of seasons feeding the likes of Drogba, Crespo, Robben, and Gudjohnsen.

Oh, wait--you were sobbing, and I missed it. Sorry. No, I apologize, I don't know how much a good German-English dictionary costs nowadays. Maybe you can pick something up during the World Cup.

And yes, I imagine it must be painful indeed to be the lynchpin behind two straight Premiership title runs and be rewarded by your team signing someone else for "depth."
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    crouchie8jx3my.png
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Not to mention the pace of the game in general as compared to Serie A or the continental style. This isn't to say one's necessarily better than the other, just to point out that there's a huge difference.

Yup. However he is really good. Than again so is Crespo and he didn't make it.
  • Options
    Yup. However he is really good. Than again so is Crespo and he didn't make it.
    Plenty of people are "really good." I'd put Sheva in a class above, but he's not getting any younger, and yeah--certain types of players have simply been unable to succeed in any given league. English players struggled (and to some extent still do--step forward, Mr. Woodgate) to adapt to the Continental game in the 80s (SEE: Rush, Hughes, Blissett, Platt, et al), and the same appears to be the truth vice-versa (too many to list--I'll just say "Veron" here for now). Alas, Sheva seems to fit that mold. Now, he could prove me wrong, and more power to him if he does, but for now, I don't know that a move to England would be wise for him.

Move to Scotland and he'll be the European Golden Boot winner by a mile LOL
  • Options
    'Manchester United came in quite early for me but really I saw the possibilities of Chelsea as being much greater,' Ballack told a news conference.

'They are a stronger team and also London has its attractions, particularly as a family man. And in the final analysis it was Chelsea's aims that attracted me.

'Just look at the achievements of the club in the last two years, winning the title twice, and you can see what a super team they are.

Oh look.....even the players are glory-hunters.

Fuck off to London, then, Ballack. I knew I had my misgivings about you potentially coming to United in the first place, and you've confirmed it. I don't wish injury upon players in general based on principle, but it won't make me lose any sleep should something unfortunate befall Michael Bollocks. On the scale of players giving you a reason to hate them, he's making this oh so easy.
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    have you guys seen this?

http://www.pumafootball.com/buffon.jsp

his reactions are very funny!
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    Hey that was fun. His reactions are funny.

Did you know that one time at Parma or his club before that;When he saved a penalty he walked round the goal and jumped in the vences. Nothing really weird you would say. Well the madness of it is that he did keep it out of the goal, but the ball still was in play. So while he was stroking his ego the other team could have still scored. They didn't.

Now I've never seen it only heard the story on a show. Does anyone have a link to that bizzare weirdness.

Oh by the way my score is 157 for me 143 for Buffon. Yes!!! I'm in the lead.
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    buffon is now a criminal so...
    anyways i will hate bayern münchen til the rest of my life

what the fans did to ballack wasn´t fair come on he made a lot for them and since he was there they only lost once in the titel race vs bremen
    and they allways buy players mostley foreigners wich other clubs build up
    and with that they wanna schwächen the clubs and now it´s hamburg
  • Options
    Jefferson Farfàn to Hamburg ????
    i read in the newspapers today that id they sell VB they wanna buy Klasnic,Skrtel and Farfàn
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    i read in the newspapers today that id they sell VB they wanna buy Klasnic,Skrtel and Farfàn

No, no Farfan will only move to the Top-8 of Europe.
  • Options

Why on earth would Farfan want to go to Hamburg?
    He's better of where he is.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    No, no Farfan will only move to the Top-8 of Europe.

this season we gonna be there :D
  • Options
    Why on earth would Farfan want to go to Hamburg?
    He's better of where he is.

we have a good stuff a cool squad and hamburg is a cool town:D