Options

The 2009 New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547
    igotid88 wrote:
    Not a good first game.

If your an O's fan(like me)... It was an AWESOME game!!!

you guys started off great last year only to fall apart. We have a bunch of slow starters on our team.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    today was far too reminiscent of 2008. poor defense, shoddy starting pitching, too many walks out of the bullpen, boneheaded mistakes. Nady, why would he just give himself up. Run home, force a throw. he'll still be out 98% of the time, but just standing there will get you out 100%
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    today was far too reminiscent of 2008. poor defense, shoddy starting pitching, too many walks out of the bullpen, boneheaded mistakes. Nady, why would he just give himself up. Run home, force a throw. he'll still be out 98% of the time, but just standing there will get you out 100%

Nady was left out to dry by the thrid base coach who had the signal on for him to keep going then by the time the third base coach (is it thompson?) put the breaks on nady had his head down running hard when he figured it out it was too late. I don't blame him for that, but i understand where you are coming from. I seem to remember a number of times last year the 3b coach not doing a particular good job.

It was very frustrating to watch a bunch of players who get paid a lot of money not play good fundimental baseball. I thought a joe girardi team would be better then that.

I anticipate they will play better but still frustrating.

you have to do the little things if you want the big things to happen. It is the cornerstone of anything you do in life.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Yankee starters are 0 for 2.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    well the bullpen didn't allow a run.
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Since this is not the year for my team, I'll just be happy if the Yankees miss the playoffs.

Here's to Burnett getting rocked tomorrow! (I'm just a sore loser from Toronto.)
  • Options
    We realize so far the 2 starters (cc/wang) have 0 ZERO strikeouts.
    look like all around dog shit to say it nicely.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    We realize so far the 2 starters (cc/wang) have 0 ZERO strikeouts.
    look like all around dog shit to say it nicely.

The first 2 starters have no strikeouts to start the season. I wonder when that happened last.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Good win today. Burnett got out of having a 3rd straight bad start from the starters.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    igotid88 wrote:
    Good win today. Burnett got out of having a 3rd straight bad start from the starters.

and actually struck out a few batters.

good to see teixeira get some cracks... give him some confidence coming back to the bronx.

anyone catch bernie williams centerstage the other night? good interview, and the guy can play some pretty good tunes.
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Random thought real quick...

So I went to Opening Day on Monday and that was probably the first time in over 10 years that I went to a game in Baltimore and was actually outnumbered by Orioles fans. Then to have them win - oh man that made it even worse!

Luckily the real Orioles showed up to play yesterday :mrgreen:
  • Options
    A-Rod to resume baseball activities on Monday.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    sweep in kc
  • Options
    Wang his completely lost his wang. He looks disgusting. Must be something wrong with him.

&....WTF is with Teixeira??? Bitch plays 4 games and is already hurt? Any DL rumors???
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• Options
    Wang his completely lost his wang. He looks disgusting. Must be something wrong with him.

&....WTF is with Teixeira??? Bitch plays 4 games and is already hurt? Any DL rumors???

I don't think I've seen Wang have back to back bad starts. I think Tex will be in the lineup tomorrow. He had an MRI and there was inflammation in his shoulder I think.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    igotid88 wrote:

I don't think I've seen Wang have back to back bad starts. I think Tex will be in the lineup tomorrow. He had an MRI and there was inflammation in his shoulder I think.

you didn't watch his two starts in the ALDS against the Indians when he allowed 12 runs and 14 hits in 5 2/3 innings?

but he is coming off a serious injury and maybe it takes longer to heal completely from it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Nick Swisher pitched!!!! Hahaha. That is never a good sign; especially in game 7 of the year.
    Though he did not do bad.
    The MVP of the team thus far actually
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Last night was terrible.

It was awesome to see swisher pitch though. he has such an enlightening attitude. They have to keep him around!

If you are gabe kapler and you struck out... oh man you know you never hear the end of it. :lol:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

you didn't watch his two starts in the ALDS against the Indians when he allowed 12 runs and 14 hits in 5 2/3 innings?

but he is coming off a serious injury and maybe it takes longer to heal completely from it.

Oh yea I forgot about that. I was thinking more regular season though.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Nady is injured. Hopefully not too serious.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    AJ is the f@ckin man. I've always loved this dude. He is a competitor. Just stay healthy bro!!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    thank God they didn't trade swisher! Nady done for the year and probably yankee career. Too bad X.

nice wins in tampa. especially with these funky different lineups everyday. last 2 years team would have lost yesterday and today somehow. I see a little more scrap in this team i think.

also....sunday pavano pitches for indians vs. yanks at the stadium. that should be interesting.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    # 42 played well today
  • Options
    great game today. Gardner is my favorite guy on the tema to watch right now. Not that I don't love all the guys, he just brings something this team hasn't hadin a long time.

Oh, and I'm going to the game Saturday, first trip tot he new digs
  • Options
    somewhere the babe is rollin over scratchin his ass, having a beer with the mick and calling these guys a bunch of pussies for losing like such bitches in the stadium opener
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    somewhere the babe is rollin over scratchin his ass, having a beer with the mick and calling these guys a bunch of pussies for losing like such bitches in the stadium opener
    LMFAO

Jeter is one lucky guy. To actually walk to the batters box with a bat of babe ruth is gotta be a highlight for him. To bad he couldn't use it. Also wtf is up wells hanging out with the fans wearing a babe ruth hat
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    metsfan wrote:
    LMFAO

Jeter is one lucky guy. To actually walk to the batters box with a bat of babe ruth is gotta be a highlight for him. To bad he couldn't use it. Also wtf is up wells hanging out with the fans wearing a babe ruth hat

Nothing new there, Wells wore a similar cap in 1997 in a start against Oakland, I'm pretty sure Torre was not thrilled with that.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Lots of empty seats at the stadium.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Also a lot of home runs being hit at the stadium.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    igotid88 wrote:

He's now had three......