Options

The 2009 New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    Today taking the field at the stadium in pinstripes...again...the NY Pu$$ies. Led by CC (except Jeter)

Good thing there is nobody on the field section to watch. Bases loaded nobody out .. 0 runs
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    jimed14 wrote:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2009/04/20/2009-04-20_tv_shows_deepseated_troubles_at_new_yankee_stadium.html

All those long time Yankee season ticket holders have to be pissed being priced out of their seats only to see them go empty ... every game I've seen, there are TONS of empty seats around home plate.

This is the pic from the article ....

alg_yanks.jpg

the ball boy looks so lonely.

i see the yanks revisiting the plans for those seats in the next season or two. it must pain the steinbrenner's to see those seats empty night after night.
  • Options
    we completely SUCK again. Sox def wanted more once again.
    not sure i understand any move girardi has really made this year. & i love the guy???

also...in regards to Yanks vs. Sox...in my opinion.....any move Cashman has made has failed miserably every move Epstein has made has worked perfectly.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Good way to start the series. Hard fought game.
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    not sure i understand any move girardi has really made this year. & i love the guy???

also...in regards to Yanks vs. Sox...in my opinion.....any move Cashman has made has failed miserably every move Epstein has made has worked perfectly.

I'm a Sox fan and I'll tell every move Theo has made has not always turned out great.

Gagne
    Lugo
    Renteria
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127

I'm a Sox fan and I'll tell every move Theo has made has not always turned out great.

Gagne
    Lugo
    Renteria

It's still way too early to tell anything, things can fall apart quite quickly in MLB. I think it's hilarious how so many lower box seats are available in the new BILLION $$$ stadium. Recession anyone or is it about whether the Yankees are winning or NOT!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    more than the miserable losses like last night...the constant injuries the past few years are unreal...
    we are 15 games in and...DL--arod,wang,ransom,bruney tbd, nady,

who the f@ck trains these guys!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,537
    The Yankees should ask not to be play Fox games. 22 runs given up last week. 16 today. Jeez.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    nice steal of home. becoming more of an embarrassment each game.
    could be a long year. i know its early ..whatever. every game in a serious like this is a big game. april or sept.

i think i need to stop posting / venting here until/if they turn around a little . im like the randy quaid from major league. ha

i hope cashman dont sleet at night.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    400px-Broom_icon.svg.png
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

That was very nice BUT it's still early.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I know that .... you know that .... but Yanks' fans, they don't know that. ;)

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I know that .... you know that .... but Yanks' fans, they don't know that. ;)

:D Yeah I know that too but I'm just trying to keep things on the down low for now.

Peace

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    9-9 with no arod.

Getting swept in boston always stings, but the season is not lost.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,626
    DL--arod,wang,ransom,bruney tbd, nady,

who the f@ck trains these guys!!

up until last year............Angel Presinal. :o

Before that, McNamee. :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Last night was a GREAT GAME.

Phil "The Franchise" Hughes pitched like he can even without his good curve last night. What a great night and exciting for the future of this team. Phil and Mark Melancon combine for the shut out.

Melancon can be as good as Joba was in the set up role. We get Bruney back and let those two tag team the set up job and things can turn around quick for a bullpen that looked to be a weakness.

Phil just has to get out there and do it again. If he can turn it around be who everyone thought he could be the yanks look good for the future. He is only 23 so there is no reason to think that just because he had a couple injuries and a hard time last year that he can't come back and be that top prospect.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Great game by Phil yesterday. I knew if he was given a chance he will pitch well. I've never lost faith in him. He's only 22. 23 in a couple of months. He's gonna have bad starts also. But you can't just give up on him.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,120
    so can we call off the great yankee panic of 2009....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    so can we call off the great yankee panic of 2009....

Well Selena Roberts is gonna try to ruin the season with her new book about A-Rod.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    One start from Phil Hughes and beating up on a rookie pitcher is enough to call off the panic?

No no ... please let me throw this out there:

Mariano Rivera gave up a home run in his second straight appearance tonight ... that's the first time he's done that since 2002 or so.

The Yankees starting outfield is Johnny Damon, Nick Swisher and Melky Cabrera. Read that again.

Mark Teixeira is hitting .197

There is no home field advantage in Yankee Stadium anymore becuase the real fans sit no where NEAR the field.

The bullpen's ERA is 6.18

Chien Ming Wang has an ERA of 4.83 .... oh wait, I'm sorry, that's his WHIP ... his ERA is 34.50

In two to three weeks, this will come walking thorugh the door ..... just in time for Selena Robert's book release

425addetailsmgrodgiguez031709.jpg

mhmmm, these are your 2009 New York Yankees!!!

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Man, this was a shit series for my Tigers. Jackson has a great start, then the bullpen comes in and gives up 10 runs in one fucking inning? Then again tonight... humming along before a 7-run rally? I thought the Yankees offense was supposed to be hurting without A-Rod, and the Tigers offense was supposed to be so intimidating? Magglio, Guillen, Granderson... all the big names are off to very slow starts in Detroit.

Of course, the pitching isn't helping. But I would swear most games Detroit has lost have been due to one huge blowout inning.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    One start from Phil Hughes and beating up on a rookie pitcher is enough to call off the panic?

Mariano Rivera gave up a home run in his second straight appearance tonight ... that's the first time he's done that since 2002 or so.

The Yankees starting outfield is Johnny Damon, Nick Swisher and Melky Cabrera. Read that again.

There is no home field advantage in Yankee Stadium anymore becuase the real fans sit no where NEAR the field.

Chien Ming Wang has an ERA of 4.83 .... oh wait, I'm sorry, that's his WHIP ... his ERA is 34.50

In two to three weeks, this will come walking thorugh the door ..... just in time for Selena Robert's book release

Hughes has proven he could pitch before. He has just been injured a lot the last 2 years. Tex hitting .197 was expected in April. Don't like it. But he's started off slow before only to end up with 30hr 100rbi. I think Mo did the same thing last year or the year before. I feel bad for A-Rod. Just let him play.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

I've been one to panic & bitch here quite often which is way im trying to stay away a little but...Your post & facts really only prove one point.....all those miserable stats and slow starts and the team is still right there (1 month deep). SO with A-Rod coming back & if they straighten out just a little....watch THE F@CK OUT
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:

obviously or maybe not so obviously i was being sarcastic. thanks for looking up a bunch of stuff, I was going to look up.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

Mariano Rivera gave up a home run in his second straight appearance tonight ... that's the first time he's done that since 2002 or so. Mo was brought into the game too early and was not warmed up

I've got no problem with that espcially knowing gardner is in the mix as well as nady when he gets healthy

Mark Teixeira is hitting .197 Tex always starts slow EVERYONE knows that i'm not sure why you would point this out

There is no home field advantage in Yankee Stadium anymore becuase the real fans sit no where NEAR the field. The new stadium does suck i'll concede that

The bullpen's ERA is 6.18 Bruney & Melancon when healthy will be great set up men for Mo. Mo will be fine They'll work out the long relief roles as the year goes on

Chien Ming Wang has an ERA of 4.83 .... oh wait, I'm sorry, that's his WHIP ... his ERA is 34.50 Something is not right with Wang, but they have depth with hughes to allow him to figure it out and he will figure it out

In two to three weeks, this will come walking thorugh the door ..... just in time for Selena Robert's book release Arod sucks and i hate that we have him, but he has shown to be capable of being productive through adversity before. It bodes well the yankees are as good as they are right now and he has not even swung the bat for them

My responses in bold.

I was really excited to see joba throw in the mid 90's again last night. That was great back to back by phil and joba and a glimpse of the future.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    ahhh ... these are the responses I wanted!

indeed, it's only April 30 ... lots of baseball left, i'll be honest, I just wanted an excuse for posting that Arod pic again ... :lol:

• Options
    considering their best player hasn't played, and the pitching staff has the worst ERA in baseball, I think we'd sign up for 12 wins in the first 22 games.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    robbie cano is awesome. I'm so glad the staff did not give up on him.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    intodeep wrote:
    now back to the Carew comparisons..
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    intodeep wrote:

he usually starts cold and ends hot, let's see how he's hitting come august this time around.