Options

The 2009 New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    Yankees suck.
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 8/23/09 EV-6//11/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09

It's an inside job today
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    InMyTree33 wrote:
    Yankees suck.

Wow thats creative, how on earth did you come up with that witty remark?
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    InMyTree33 wrote:
    Yankees suck.

Wow thats creative, how on earth did you come up with that witty remark?

I think its been echo'd throughout history in every stadium in north america and beyond LOL..
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    I wasn't trying to be witty. Just felt like saying it. Did you ever quit smoking cigarettes, have a bitchy pregnant wife on your hands, be unemployed, have your baseball team lose the World Series, and go on major Pearl Jam withdrawl at one time???? LOL
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 8/23/09 EV-6//11/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09

It's an inside job today
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547
    jeter and tex get silver slugger awards.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I've yet to hear John Sterling's call of the final WS out...anyone know where i can hear it/find it?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    I've yet to hear John Sterling's call of the final WS out...anyone know where i can hear it/find it?

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzsUwmoUvjg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    John Sterling's a douche. An A-Bomb.....FROM A-ROD. Gay. Especially for the one that hit the camera. Quite the A-Bomb. And Suzyn Waldman....ugghhhhh.
  • Options
    John Sterling's a douche. An A-Bomb.....FROM A-ROD. Gay. Especially for the one that hit the camera. Quite the A-Bomb. And Suzyn Waldman....ugghhhhh.

Not going to find too many Yanks fans to argue with you on this. I don't mind him as much as most
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Not going to find too many Yanks fans to argue with you on this. I don't mind him as much as most

I just wanna know who's D they both sucked to get into their position. I know, I know, Suzyn likes to play the angle that her and Torre went through suffering from cancer together or something. What a self-aborbed C-word.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    igotid88 wrote:
    jeter and tex get silver slugger awards.

Now that makes sense to me ... Jeter's gold golve, not so much.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I just wanna know who's D they both sucked to get into their position. I know, I know, Suzyn likes to play the angle that her and Torre went through suffering from cancer together or something. What a self-aborbed C-word.

You should of heard her in the Booth when Clemens was at the ole' stadium announcing he was coming back, she must of got it confused with the second coming of jeebus

Oh u didnt c or hear it

hear ya go.....have a barf bag ready :lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdtn0Z4o8cM
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    You should of heard her in the Booth when Clemens was at the ole' stadium announcing he was coming back, she must of got it confused with the second coming of jeebus

Oh u didnt c or hear it

ugh, why did you have to bring that up! that makes me CRINGE every time i hear it. o&a on average would play that like 5 times a week busting her balls. sooooooo bad.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Oh u didnt c or hear it

ugh, why did you have to bring that up! that makes me CRINGE every time i hear it. o&a on average would play that like 5 times a week busting her balls. sooooooo bad.

Oh, I remember this. Believe me, I do. And that's why I choose not to click on this.
  • Options
    Official 2009 World Series Film Premiere and dvd release on Nov. 23rd. Tickets are like $30.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    igotid88 wrote:
    Official 2009 World Series Film Premiere and dvd release on Nov. 23rd. Tickets are like $30.

I think I'm getting that DVD with my sports illustrated subscription.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

I think I'm getting that DVD with my sports illustrated subscription.

I'm hoping they come out with a more detailed dvd of the whole season. Like the NFL films dvd of the Giants championship run. Obviously not game by game. But with the scandal at the beginning of the year. A-Rod's return. Wang's struggles. Hughes saving the bullpen. The comeback wins. Jeter's accomplishments. And so forth.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    articleLarge.jpg

Damn it still feels pretty good!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    articleLarge.jpg

Great picture! Gotta love 'em Yankees!

I take a History of NYC class at my school, and the day of the ticker tape parade, we watched the live feed online, along with the last inning- best class period!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    articleLarge.jpg

:thumbup:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Yea,....certainly not ready to let this thread fall back.

I was just thinking this morning how the Fox closing ....playoffs/world series highlights rolling to PJ Amongst the Waves was one of the best & most memorable things I have ever seen.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    articleLarge.jpg

Nice pic!
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Damon willing to play waiting gameShare
    Today at 9:15am
    Johnny Damon has expressed interest in remaining with the Yankees, but the free agent outfielder isn't expecting to have a resolution to his situation anytime soon, according to the New York Daily News.

Preparing for a European vacation, Damon addressed his situation in a telephone interview with the newspaper on Sunday and said that several teams have reached out to his agent, Scott Boras, to express interest. But Damon said that no offers have been made to Boras, who keeps Damon up to speed mostly via text messages.

"It seems like it's been pretty informal," Damon told the newspaper. "With Thanksgiving coming up, I think it's going to be slow until next week at least. These things usually take until the winter meetings at least; I've been through this before, so I'm just relaxing."
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Damon willing to play waiting gameShare
    Today at 9:15am
    Johnny Damon has expressed interest in remaining with the Yankees, but the free agent outfielder isn't expecting to have a resolution to his situation anytime soon, according to the New York Daily News.

Preparing for a European vacation, Damon addressed his situation in a telephone interview with the newspaper on Sunday and said that several teams have reached out to his agent, Scott Boras, to express interest. But Damon said that no offers have been made to Boras, who keeps Damon up to speed mostly via text messages.

"It seems like it's been pretty informal," Damon told the newspaper. "With Thanksgiving coming up, I think it's going to be slow until next week at least. These things usually take until the winter meetings at least; I've been through this before, so I'm just relaxing."

Yeah, I would assume it would take a while for Damon's situation to be figured out. I would love to see him back but don't see or want the Yankees to go over 2 years. They won't and if he gets 3 or 4 years somewhere else, good for him.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Tex 2nd Jeter 3rd in mvp voting

to be expected mauer had a sensational year.

Interestingly i think this was the 8th or 9th time an AL catcher has won the award. 5 of those times were yankee catchers:
    yogi berra- 3
    elston howard-1
    thurman munson-1
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Yea that was expected. Did Alex get any votes?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Rosenthal says the Yanks have contacted Nick Johnson's agent. I would love to see him back in pinstripes and I think he would be a perfect hitter to replace Matsui. The guy is an on base machine.

Halladay sweepstakes are heating up with the Red Sox rumored to be putting on a full court press. What do you do if you are the Yanks? Yanks can beat a Red Sox package but do they want to?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Rosenthal says the Yanks have contacted Nick Johnson's agent. I would love to see him back in pinstripes and I think he would be a perfect hitter to replace Matsui. The guy is an on base machine.

Halladay sweepstakes are heating up with the Red Sox rumored to be putting on a full court press. What do you do if you are the Yanks? Yanks can beat a Red Sox package but do they want to?

I pass...let the Sox give up the farm

I sign Chapman(I know he's unproven in mlb) but I like what I hear, bring Andy back, Gaudin could be a nice guy to keep around. Wang is coming back(if he shows his old form great, if not we won without him) Maybe take a pass at Lackey if the price is right.....otherwise wait till next year, the market is kinda shitty this year
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I pass...let the Sox give up the farm

I sign Chapman(I know he's unproven in mlb) but I like what I hear, bring Andy back, Gaudin could be a nice guy to keep around. Wang is coming back(if he shows his old form great, if not we won without him) Maybe take a pass at Lackey if the price is right.....otherwise wait till next year, the market is kinda shitty this year

Yeah, I would tend to agree. It would be an unreal pitching staff but would definitely compromise the future. Either way, I don't think I will be very disappointed. Halladay, Lester and Beckett would be a pretty damn good roration for Boston though but the Yankees definitely won't be scared into a decision.

I think I like the idea of signing Chapman, doubt he will get what they are asking for though. We will see if Wang is back, I would be kind of suprised, the front office has never been to fond of him and after the past couple years, I definitely think they may let him go. Andy will be back for sure and I am not a big fan of Lackey but would like him if the price is right. No higher than AJ money though.