Options

The 2009 New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    my jacket that smells of champagne will be on steiner sports..................
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    just came across this....
    a cool mix!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuxCPYeyHKY
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    just came across this....
    a cool mix!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuxCPYeyHKY

nice video. im excited to relive some of these games on yankees classics in the near future. my tiVo needed some 'fixin' during the playoffs (worst timing ever? i think so.).
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    i watched the last inning of game 6 again last night :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    so damon wants jeteresque money ?

youd think hed go out on top,

some other team might pay him the money hes seeking,

not the NYYs tho.

the guy has a clutch bat but he cant throw or run .

wtf johnny ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Bathgate66 wrote:

not the NYYs tho.

wtf johnny ?

Why not...the god damn Yankees spend $100's of millions on washed up losers and high profile duds why wouldnt he try and cash in on their spending spree (need i mention Carl Pavano and Kevin Brown?)
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

not the NYYs tho.

wtf johnny ?

that is crazy.

any word on nady? whats going on with him?
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

not the NYYs tho.

wtf johnny ?

Why not...the god damn Yankees spend $100's of millions on washed up losers and high profile duds why wouldnt he try and cash in on their spending spree (need i mention Carl Pavano and Kevin Brown?)

c'mon

he's no derek jeter,

as you saw in the final 6 .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    petrocs wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

not the NYYs tho.

wtf johnny ?

Different times my friend. Old news on those guys, Cashman has been much wiser with the money of late. How about those duds and losers named CC, Tex and AJ?
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

not the NYYs tho.

wtf johnny ?

I think so far all we have heard is what Boras wants and not what Damon wants. If anyone will offer him more than 2 years hes gone but I don't see it happening. I would offer him 1 year and an option. I am curious to see if Cashman goes to 2 years. I wouldn't.

Looks like no Matusi is Seattle.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    I would be very surprised if Matsui signs with Seattle. I've heard that he does not like Ichiro.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Seeing what other cornor outfielders got last yera (Bobby Abreu, Adam Dunn) I don't think Damon deserves 20mil a year.

I do hope they are able to bring him back but not at that asking price.

I hate Scott Boras.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    petrocs wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

not the NYYs tho.

wtf johnny ?

Different times my friend. Old news on those guys, Cashman has been much wiser with the money of late. How about those duds and losers named CC, Tex and AJ?

Different times? The recession hit last year and guess who was spending 40% of all free agent dollars! You guessed it..the New York Yankees...they had no one else driving up prices. They went for the gusto and overpaid for ALL 3 of those players..Yes they worked out but they didnt have any competition is getting them so who knows if they would've had em this year had there been no economic downtime. Oh and I heard Cashman say they were only going to spend a fraction of what they spent last year..so they spend $440+ million..whats your fraction idiot..$110 million? its sickening...go try and buy another championship while people in your OWN CITY are struggling to make a buck..I say that because they have ALWAYS overpaid for player just to get them...how bout gauge the market..go through the negotiation process...MAYBE win the player..and THEN take the extra money and give back some of those millions to help the city..just my 2 cents
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    Different times? The recession hit last year and guess who was spending 40% of all free agent dollars! You guessed it..the New York Yankees...they had no one else driving up prices. They went for the gusto and overpaid for ALL 3 of those players..Yes they worked out but they didnt have any competition is getting them so who knows if they would've had em this year had there been no economic downtime. Oh and I heard Cashman say they were only going to spend a fraction of what they spent last year..so they spend $440+ million..whats your fraction idiot..$110 million? its sickening...go try and buy another championship while people in your OWN CITY are struggling to make a buck..I say that because they have ALWAYS overpaid for player just to get them...how bout gauge the market..go through the negotiation process...MAYBE win the player..and THEN take the extra money and give back some of those millions to help the city..just my 2 cents

Ahhh, insults, gotta love them.

Like I have asked a number of times...Where would you want the Yankees revenue to go if it does not go back into the team?

And don't give me this shit about people struggling to make a buck. The Yankees are a business not a fucking charity.

Edit: Yeah, different times on the Yankees spending a whole bunch of money on washed up FA's, your original post had no mention of the economy but way to spin things.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    petrocs wrote:

Like I have asked a number of times...Where would you want the Yankees revenue to go if it does not go back into the team?

And don't give me this shit about people struggling to make a buck. The Yankees are a business not a fucking charity.

Edit: Yeah, different times on the Yankees spending a whole bunch of money on washed up FA's, your original post had no mention of the economy but way to spin things.

That idiot comment wasnt directed towards you my man...it was directed towards Cashman and the Steinbrenners..I wouldnt insult a fellow PJ member. Why shouldnt they donate to charity? Businesses do that..The Phillies do...and the Phillies are a green stadium..they have found ways to help the environment..what have the steinbrenners done except line their pockets? The Yankees are the poster franchise for what is wrong with sports in general. Have been for a while...funny thing is..the only ones who dont see it are YANKEES FANS
    Shows:
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    :yawn: :lolno: :yawn: :crazy: :yawn: :lolno: :yawn: :crazy: :yawn: :lolno: :yawn:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    petrocs wrote:

That idiot comment wasnt directed towards you my man...it was directed towards Cashman and the Steinbrenners..I wouldnt insult a fellow PJ member. Why shouldnt they donate to charity? Businesses do that..The Phillies do...and the Phillies are a green stadium..they have found ways to help the environment..what have the steinbrenners done except line their pockets? The Yankees are the poster franchise for what is wrong with sports in general. Have been for a while...funny thing is..the only ones who dont see it are YANKEES FANS

The Yankees do plenty for charity. They started a week this year called Hope Week and while the actual week was only one week all the players donated time and money outside of it to many of these causes. It was actually a really awesome week. Jason Zillo (the head of PR) has made an whole lot of strides to give back to the community in recent years.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/art ... p&c_id=nyy

I respect what the Phillies do but to think the Yankees are some big mean organization just because they have the highest payroll is absurd.

The new stadium is also a whole lot more "green" than the old one.

BTW. The ALS sufferer mentioned in the article above has since died.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Yankees do plenty for charity. They started a week this year called Hope Week and while the actual week was only one week all the players donated time and money outside of it to many of these causes. It was actually a really awesome week. Jason Zillo (the head of PR) has made an whole lot of strides to give back to the community in recent years.

I respect what the Phillies do but to think the Yankees are some big mean organization just because they have the highest payroll is absurd.

Im not talking about the players...im talking about the organization..they expect the city to fork out money for them but what do they do to give back?
    Shows:
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:

it's pretty common knowledge around these neck of the woods that george steinbrenner donates PLENTY to charity. the man is a god in florida for donating money to build schools and additions onto hospitals. anyone outside of the yankee fan base doesn't hear much about it because he was quoted, "once you make your charity work public, you are doing it for the wrong reason."

so the steinbrenners spend their money on a winning team and charity work. so the pocket lining you speak of............????????
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:

it's pretty common knowledge around these neck of the woods that george steinbrenner donates PLENTY to charity. the man is a god in florida for donating money to build schools and additions onto hospitals. anyone outside of the yankee fan base doesn't hear much about it because he was quoted, "once you make your charity work public, you are doing it for the wrong reason."

so the steinbrenners spend their money on a winning team and charity work. so the pocket lining you speak of............????????

STOP...just...STOP...dont try and make George Stenbrenner a saint...jesus
    Shows:
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    petrocs wrote:

im not. you are saying the yankees & the steinbrenners do dick for charity. i am telling you, you are wrong.

but please, back up your "pocket lining" theory.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Im not talking about the players...im talking about the organization..they expect the city to fork out money for them but what do they do to give back?

It was the organization that set up this week. The players just got attached to it and followed up after.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    petrocs wrote:

No one is making him a saint, just pointing out the chairty work that he and the organization do since you seem to think they contribue nothing positive. We have given you plenty of examples of how the Steinbrenners do more than just line their pockets but you have yet to come up with an example to suppport your point. Keep using those sterotypes though.
  • Options
    Interesting in todays NY news...
    Detriot TIgers possibly entertaining dealing Granderson. If so Yanks would be interested. I'd take that in a second....then put Melky in LF.

Dont see it happening though at all.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    Interesting in todays NY news...
    Detriot TIgers possibly entertaining dealing Granderson. If so Yanks would be interested. I'd take that in a second....then put Melky in LF.

Dont see it happening though at all.

It would be enticing but he had a pretty big dip offensively last season and can't hit lefties at all so I would be cautious
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    No one is making him a saint, just pointing out the chairty work that he and the organization do since you seem to think they contribue nothing positive. We have given you plenty of examples of how the Steinbrenners do more than just line their pockets but you have yet to come up with an example to suppport your point. Keep using those sterotypes though.

Hes a billionaire (1.3 billion net worth I believe)..he has more money than any other owner in baseball..theres salary cap in baseball cause no one wants to upset George..he owns a cable television channel with limitless revenue! The Yankees have an unfair advantage over every other team. That being said the man with the big pockets goes out and spends hundreds of millions on players..spends a few thousand dollars on a couple of charities and we're all suppose to applaud him?

Youre almost dead George...give it all away! Eff those kids of yours ...theyre bastards aways! LOL
    Shows:
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    spends a few thousand dollars on a couple of charities and we're all suppose to applaud him?

change thousands to millions and you got the right guy.
  • Options
    not only from nyy but mlb as a whole there are lots and lots done for
    charity that we dont even know or hear about.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    spends a few thousand dollars on a couple of charities and we're all suppose to applaud him?

change thousands to millions and you got the right guy.

not enough...hes got billions...give it all George...give it all!
    Shows: