Options

The 2009 New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,556
    [/quote]

didn't know if there's a legit injury or not.[/quote]

Yea. I was expecting this form A.J. I mean last year was a good year for him. But he had an over 4 era. And take those games against the Yankees out. It's probably higher. Let's just hope he gets his act together in time for the playoffs.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Another walk-off. 34th comeback of the year.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Posada is a major dick....smart of Jeter and A-Rod to not get involved in the fight...
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    it's gonna be a tough 3 games coming up. We could lose them and Boston will only be 1 game back by Wednesday. We could still clinch a playoff spot. But the Yanks gotta wake up.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    igotid88 wrote:
    it's gonna be a tough 3 games coming up. We could lose them and Boston will only be 1 game back by Wednesday. We could still clinch a playoff spot. But the Yanks gotta wake up.

Yeah, I am not real worried. If the yanks go 6-6 to finish the season Boston would have to go 12-2 for a tie in the east
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Yeah, I am not real worried. If the yanks go 6-6 to finish the season Boston would have to go 12-2 for a tie in the east

The way Boston's playing now it looks like that would happen.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,533
    igotid88 wrote:

go Sox. VMart is a saint sent from above! :lol::D;)
  • Options
    I'm 10 wins away from my prediction with 11 to play.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Highly doubtful man. Greinke is pitching against them this week and I don't really think the Yanks are going to go 6-6. If they go 7-5, Boston can only lose 1 more game.
  • Options
    Go Yanks.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    igotid88 wrote:

haha, those are good. i liked a few years ago when they made cano & wang dress up as cheerleaders.
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

As soon as you say that Boston loses 2 in a row to a last place team. Had to know they were going to lose with Greinke on the mound.

Magic number at 7 and the yanks finally scored some runs.
  • Options
    Monday's loss to the Royals was surprising. I knew Greinke would pitch well today. But I didn't think his offense would step up for him.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Phase 1. Get into playoffs. Complete.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

Absolutely, love that they didnt celebrate anything and looked at it as just another win. I love this team.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Absolutely, love that they didnt celebrate anything and looked at it as just another win. I love this team.

Now lets lock down the East and home field and set up the rotation and rest for the Tigers or Twins.

p.s.

Love what Brett Garder has been bringing to the table late in games with the base stealing. This could be huge next month.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    touringfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Now lets lock down the East and home field and set up the rotation and rest for the Tigers or Twins.

p.s.

Love what Brett Garder has been bringing to the table late in games with the base stealing. This could be huge next month.

For sure. Would love to see them close out the east with the red sox at the stadium this weekend. Would not get much more satisfying than that.

Brett Gardner has been huge. I think he could be a big factor in the playoffs as well.
  • Options
    I'm going to the game on Saturday and I'm STOKED. This will be my first Yankees/Sox game :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Just outstanding! I love this team.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,137
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear ya, funny though some your fans here wanted Joe Girardi fired earlier this year. They have been on fire since the Allstar break.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Let's go boys!!! Close this shit out today. Could be the AL East, 100 wins, home field, tie the season series with the Bo Sox after losing the first 8 and a nice little sweep.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear ya, funny though some your fans here wanted Joe Girardi fired earlier this year. They have been on fire since the Allstar break.

Peace

Yes, we have some very stupid fans. They thought the sky was falling around the time they lost 2 of 3 to the Nationals.
  • Options
    AL East Champs!!!!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    AL East Champs!!!!

I guess when you haven't won a world series in a while, you need to celebrate the small stuff ...

ha ha ... just bustin' balls.

Congrats ... hope to see you in the ALCS.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    AL East Champs!!!!

I guess when you haven't won a world series in a while, you need to celebrate the small stuff ...

ha ha ... just bustin' balls.

Congrats ... hope to see you in the ALCS.

Ortiz was on the record saying they were going to celebrate winning the Wild Card in Yankee stadium, guess that didn't happen.

Been a fun year, pretty amazing the season series is tied. A Yanks-Sox ALCS would be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    Whoohoo! Another division title. They're getting closer to my prediction of 105 wins. But I don't think they'll get it. But still.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Phase 2 win the division complete.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Phase 3 Home Field Advantage
    I miss igotid88