Options

The 2009 New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Looks like the tail between the legs pussy team shows up again to face the almighty bosux.
    With A-Rod & AJ leading the way....

Still early..... but nice to see Big Papi get off the snide. :)
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,537
    Looks like the tail between the legs pussy team shows up again to face the almighty bosux.

Why throw A-Rod under when the whole team sucked?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    igotid88 wrote:

It's easy because when the Yanks have problems he has the BULLSEYE in the center of his chest. I believe he'll bounce back just not against the Sox.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

It's easy because when the Yanks have problems he has the BULLSEYE in the center of his chest. I believe he'll bounce back just not against the Sox.

Peace

His spring training should be over by now, But since he came back to the lineup. They have not lost 2 games in a row. And took over 1st place. I think they should have Tex protect him now.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

Well it was really AJ. But agreed ARod is an easy target. Plus lately he's barely hit the ball out of the infield.
    I think Im also getting annoyed with the fact that he was adament about being 150% baseball this year, no distractions, time to grow up bs,....and living in NYC I can't turn my head and not hear about him and Kate Hudson.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,120
    igotid88 wrote:

Well it was really AJ. But agreed ARod is an easy target. Plus lately he's barely hit the ball out of the infield.
    I think Im also getting annoyed with the fact that he was adament about being 150% baseball this year, no distractions, time to grow up bs,....and living in NYC I can't turn my head and not hear about him and Kate Hudson.

were you expecting not to hear it especially in a city with two tabloid newspapers?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    thats not the point, the point is by his words, i was hoping not to hear anything about him excpet baseball for once (or at least a little while). obviously thats never going to happen. im sick of arod drama but learning to live with the fact that it dont end. i just want to the dude to play. i know the team has been nasty since his return but he certainly has not been unbelievable himself.

my main point/frustration is....i come from a football background and a football mindset. i know it dont apply to baseball but im always looking for the team to show a will to win and be tough. The games against boston this year.....yanks have been the opposite of that, they looked defeated in the 1st inning yesterday. i know its a long season and 12-13 more games against boston this year but its been embarassing so far. show some fight against your biggest rival that has recently owned you.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• Options
    thats not the point, the point is by his words, i was hoping not to hear anything about him excpet baseball for once (or at least a little while). obviously thats never going to happen. im sick of arod drama but learning to live with the fact that it dont end. i just want to the dude to play. i know the team has been nasty since his return but he certainly has not been unbelievable himself.

my main point/frustration is....i come from a football background and a football mindset. i know it dont apply to baseball but im always looking for the team to show a will to win and be tough. The games against boston this year.....yanks have been the opposite of that, they looked defeated in the 1st inning yesterday. i know its a long season and 12-13 more games against boston this year but its been embarassing so far. show some fight against your biggest rival that has recently owned you.

well it's not like he's addressing those things to the baseball media that is in the clubhouse every day. him dating someone is not drama to me.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Nick Swisher has made more baserunning errors in this series than I made in my little league, senior league and softball career combined ... not to mention the gaffe he made on a pretty easy fly ball last night.

Something tells me he's not going to be so loved by the right field crowd when he heads back to Yankee Stadium.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    he should have been pulled. For that matter, why is Gardner on the bench again when he can steal 6 bases against Varitek with one leg tied behind his back?
  • Options
    15460.ProfessionalHeavy-DutyCornBroom_4.jpg

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Let's go Mets!!
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    15460.ProfessionalHeavy-DutyCornBroom_4.jpg
    Ill take it. You bitch slapped us again and Yanks didnt even fight back. I will tell you though.....0-8,8-0 this year however you want to look at it and only 2 games apart? I wouldnt feel to comfortable with that if I were you.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    Oh man, things are not looking good for my banged up Mets..you guys are pissed and gonna take it out on the walking wounded..I'll be happy with one win, preferably on Sunday...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Ill take it. You bitch slapped us again and Yanks didnt even fight back. I will tell you though.....0-8,8-0 this year however you want to look at it and only 2 games apart? I wouldnt feel to comfortable with that if I were you.

It's June ... who honestly feels "comfortable" in June? Not I.

It's just fun to watch the Sox sweep the Yanks.

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    jimed14 wrote:

Same here!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Danimal wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Same here!

All true. You deserved a sweep. When these 2 teams play, Sox always rise to the occasion and yanks seem to fold. But serisouly, 0-8..........if you did not know the standings you would certainly guess Boston to be ahead by at least 4 in the standings.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    thank you castillo

we shoulda lost, sometimes u need something like this to break the ice
  • Options
    I hate being a Met fan. Seriously, I have never in my life experienced anything like this. The game was over, and yet we still found some possible way to lose? Only the Mets..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    some crazy stuff, the bruney-rodriguez thing was kind of comical, though bruney shouldn't be opening his yap when he can't stay healthy, but it's kind of good to see considering how players fraternize these days.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Yeah bruney should keep his mouth shut expcially when he has a teammate that has a reputation of doing the same kind of shit (joba).

That said i really like bruney. I am hopefull he will come back, stay healthy and become the guy they can depend on in the 8th.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    That was a close one against Washington. Shouldn't be though, We need to take these 3 games. Congrats on the baby boy Wang. Now get to the 7th today.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    That was a close one against Washington. Shouldn't be though, We need to take these 3 games. Congrats on the baby boy Wang. Now get to the 7th today.

It was better. Wang could have allowed one run in five innings if Ramiro Pena makes that play on the stolen base and Cristian Guzman is called out on a bang-bang play.

Another tough one against a pitcher they've never seen before, but at least Wang was somewhat encouraging.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    do u think a-rod is physically ok? i mean he looks fine to me, looks good in the field and running......but .219????
    really man?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    do u think a-rod is physically ok? i mean he looks fine to me, looks good in the field and running......but .219????
    really man?

sadly, he's fine.

if you look at the numbers behind the numbers, he's making just as much contact and judging the strike zone just as well as he usually does, he's just not getting the balls to fall in ... he may have lost a touch of power, but overall, just a small stretch (125 ABs) where he's been unlucky.

if you're in a roto league, this would be a great time to play up the injury and try and acquire him.

• Options
    Man that was a nice double play by the Nats.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Damn the Nationals take 2-3 from the Yankees 3-0 tonight, WOW!

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Damn the Nationals take 2-3 from the Yankees 3-0 tonight, WOW!

Peace

We do this every year. Last year we beat Boston and Tampa. But couldn't beat teams like the Nationals. I hope this is their rock bottom.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I live in Albany (moved from Pittsburgh a few years ago), and while not really a Yankee fan, I catch some of the games on radio while driving... John Sterling is fine, but I can't stand Suzyn Waldman. I'm curious to hear what Yankee fans think of her? Her voice/accent is annoying and she really doesn't add anything to the broadcast... Usually the color person is a former player or whatever, how did she get that gig?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    I told ya......i know he needs to take it slow coming off surgery but this don't help you....

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post ... mlb,171614

hopefully cc' s ok.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5