~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    thanks

and as for the smilie thing then, i was being told i was using the wrong ones but after checking that link i was right!!!! : p : D

bloody aussies ;)

You're welcome! :) And fess up, you're just shitty about the cricket aren't you? ;) Bloody poms! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    thanks

and as for the smilie thing then, i was being told i was using the wrong ones but after checking that link i was right!!!! :p:D

bloody aussies ;)

what i said no to was, i didnt know where to find what smilies meant what.

yeah aussies will mess with your head and laugh while doing it. :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Jeanie wrote:
    You're welcome! :) And fess up, you're just shitty about the cricket aren't you? ;) Bloody poms! ;):D

Cricket????

What is this cricket that you speak of? Never heard of such a thing!! :o
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • what i said no to was, i didnt know where to find what smilies meant what.

yeah aussies will mess with your head and laugh while doing it. :D:p

Oh christ i wish i'd never got involved with this band at times if its gonna lead to head wrecking like this from two bloody aussies :D
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Oh christ i wish i'd never got involved with this band at times if its gonna lead to head wrecking like this from two bloody aussies :D

hey!! don't be blaming pearl jam for your inadequacies. :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Cricket????

What is this cricket that you speak of? Never heard of such a thing!! :o

A bloke that isn't interested in CRICKET!!!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift

Geez! I hadn't even warmed up and you're already on the mat? ;)

Anyway, back to puppies! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    There's plenty of them about Jeanie :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    There's plenty of them about Jeanie :)

WHERE???????????????????????????? :D:D:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:

Cricket is diabolical.........
    So I FINALLY got it today! :) And it was the BEST $21.45 I EVER spent!! :D

Watched the dvd, got it on to Lukin without too much fuss. I confess it was starting to frustrate me getting the clip under the chin to fit, but I gave him lots of praise and treats of course and FINALLY he was fitted, I was all trained up and we went for a walk!! MY GOD!! It was like walking a chihuahua!!! He fought it a little bit, but soon enough I was walking him and only just holding on the the lead with a light grip. MAGIC!!! :D

I just hope he is willing to put it back on again!! :)

Like a miracle it was!! I spent the whole walk shaking my head in disbelief and muttering to myself! We even came across a cat and apart from a little whimpering and a bit of scratching to try to get it off he barely batted an eyelid! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Cricket is diabolical.........

Cricket is BORING!!! AND it doesn't even have the decency to be a perv fest! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    WHERE???????????????????????????? :D:D:D
    eh... like every guy in Ireland :D

we all pretended to be bothered during the world cup when we actually won a game but nobody actually gave a shit and forgot all about it when it was over.

Even the fellas would actually admit during the world cup that they knew absolutely nothing about the game... when do men EVER say they don't know?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    eh... like every guy in Ireland :D

we all pretended to be bothered during the world cup when we actually won a game but nobody actually gave a shit and forgot all about it when it was over.

Even the fellas would actually admit during the world cup that they knew absolutely nothing about the game... when do men EVER say they don't know?

:D I KNEW I liked Ireland!! :D Sounds like heaven! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Jeanie wrote:
    I've been involved in a couple of really severe dog attacks by Pit Bulls and I don't even hate them, those particular animals or the breed in general. I just understand that they were doing what they do when their owners aren't worthy of them and have treated them poorly and taught them badly. I find it sad that so many people seem so afraid of particular breeds now when a lot of the time it's their own inability to interact with animals that causes the problem in the first place!
    I didn't get to take Lukin to Obedience School this morning but I'll take him on Sunday instead. It's only $45 for the rest of the year and you can go twice a week. I've spoken to the guy, he sounded nice and he said to bring a pouch of treats, so I'm assuming it's a reward based training, and it was recommended by my vet. If anybody thinks I'll be beating or choking my dog into submission they're sadly mistaken. I think you're right to go back to the positive obedience place and give that other jerk a wide berth! People like that really bug me!

So so lucky it is so cheap! And twice a week! I called and got a partial refund from the class....and I complained that their methods are outdated, and Petey wasn't having any fun. I am also going to try that gentle leader. I am looking for a new class now that is fun and positive only!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    So so lucky it is so cheap! And twice a week! I called and got a partial refund from the class....and I complained that their methods are outdated, and Petey wasn't having any fun. I am also going to try that gentle leader. I am looking for a new class now that is fun and positive only!

oxc

I think it's normally $60 per year, but it's only $45 now because the year is almost over. I doubt I'll be taking him twice a week, but I should manage at least one class per week. It will really depend on the trainers, the other dogs and Lukin of course. :) I'll know more once I've been I suppose. I'll let you know.

I'm glad you rang and complained and got a bit of a refund. If Petey's not happy and you're not happy then they should! If the dog isn't enjoying it, it's really not worth it as far as I can see! If Lukin doesn't like it we won't continue.
    Seriously cutback told me that the Gentle Leader was amazing, as did quite a few other people, but I confess I had my doubts! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I'd never have believed it I don't think! He was sooo easy to walk! When I got home I wasn't nearly close to being exhausted and my arm didn't feel like it was pulled from the socket! I'll be able to walk him for much longer now because of it and I just know he'll love that! It's early days but I'm pretty impressed with it so far, so maybe give it a go? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    I think it's normally $60 per year, but it's only $45 now because the year is almost over. I doubt I'll be taking him twice a week, but I should manage at least one class per week. It will really depend on the trainers, the other dogs and Lukin of course. :) I'll know more once I've been I suppose. I'll let you know.

I'm glad you rang and complained and got a bit of a refund. If Petey's not happy and you're not happy then they should! If the dog isn't enjoying it, it's really not worth it as far as I can see! If Lukin doesn't like it we won't continue.
    Seriously cutback told me that the Gentle Leader was amazing, as did quite a few other people, but I confess I had my doubts! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I'd never have believed it I don't think! He was sooo easy to walk! When I got home I wasn't nearly close to being exhausted and my arm didn't feel like it was pulled from the socket! I'll be able to walk him for much longer now because of it and I just know he'll love that! It's early days but I'm pretty impressed with it so far, so maybe give it a go? :)

Classes here run anywhere from $100 for 8 weeks to $25 a session to more then double that! Problem with the GL collars, they are not great for Dobies necks. Our breed get something called Wobblers. Not to ever use a choke that's for sure, and if Petey did break and make a run for it with the GL on, he could do damage. He is sooo damn strong already....altough I've had dogs bigger then him, never one with so much muscle mass....and he won't be "filled" out until he is over 18 months!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Classes here run anywhere from $100 for 8 weeks to $25 a session to more then double that! Problem with the GL collars, they are not great for Dobies necks. Our breed get something called Wobblers. Not to ever use a choke that's for sure, and if Petey did break and make a run for it with the GL on, he could do damage. He is sooo damn strong already....altough I've had dogs bigger then him, never one with so much muscle mass....and he won't be "filled" out until he is over 18 months!

oxc

Yikes!! :eek: With the exchange rate that would be even MORE expensive here! Gee I hope this school is good then and not some fly by night! Though I suppose if the vet recommended it then it should be good.

Sounds like what you need is a complete body harness for Petey with a remote control on it or something! You must get such a workout just trying to hold him back! Lukin exhausts me, but then he is very strong, which is why I was so amazed at the leader. I just hope it works again tomorrow and that he'll put it on again without a hassle.
    I don't know what you can do about Petey, short of getting some muscle bound, gorgeous hunk to walk him for you! :D You know, just to help out! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Yikes!! :eek: With the exchange rate that would be even MORE expensive here! Gee I hope this school is good then and not some fly by night! Though I suppose if the vet recommended it then it should be good.

Sounds like what you need is a complete body harness for Petey with a remote control on it or something! You must get such a workout just trying to hold him back! Lukin exhausts me, but then he is very strong, which is why I was so amazed at the leader. I just hope it works again tomorrow and that he'll put it on again without a hassle.
    I don't know what you can do about Petey, short of getting some muscle bound, gorgeous hunk to walk him for you! :D You know, just to help out! ;)

He he he....I have a son who is 18 and a body builder.....older women are suddenly all over him, imagine the attention he could get with the massive Petey on his arm!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    He he he....I have a son who is 18 and a body builder.....older women are suddenly all over him, imagine the attention he could get with the massive Petey on his arm!

oxc

I'm only just starting to notice this phenomenon! :) There's the folks that are afraid of your dog, there are the folks that think you're doing it all wrong and you're not a worth owner AND there are folks that suddenly stop to talk to you just because of the dog!

I guess if your boy likes older women he's on a good wicket! And so are you for that matter! Actually come to think of it, sounds like an all round win! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Walking around with Petey you feel like your are with a famous model~He gets sooo much attention! I had him on a dock by our boat the other day, and people driving by on their boats were yelling to me how beautiful he is! If I take him to the motocross races, I never get to watch my hubby and sons racing....because too many people stop me to ask about him.

Then there are those that cross the street when they see him coming!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Walking around with Petey you feel like your are with a famous model~He gets sooo much attention! I had him on a dock by our boat the other day, and people driving by on their boats were yelling to me how beautiful he is! If I take him to the motocross races, I never get to watch my hubby and sons racing....because too many people stop me to ask about him.

Then there are those that cross the street when they see him coming!

oxc

Well you are with somebody famous! You gotta give him his due deference! :D

Mum and I keep looking at Lukey and saying that line from the cat in Babe, "And I'm here because I'm beautiful" :D
    I've had folk ask me about him being a Dingo, and little kids come scampering up to hold out their hands in those little fist shapes like they've been taught, my niece is highly impressed with him, "He's such a good boy!" Most people who know him love him and strangers for the most part seem to be attracted to him too. But yeah, I do see the odd person cross the street when they see him! Must be afraid of the lickin'! :D

How far back are the Petey pics PJaddicted? Need to see him I think! :)
    You know so I can worship too! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    DSC09332.jpg

DSC09240.jpg

I will be taking new ones when he turns 11 months on the 27th.

He was a very very bad boy last night. I take him for doggie play time some nights...up in a park. He peed on two different people! I was mortified! Doggie puberty is here.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC09332.jpg

DSC09240.jpg

He was a very very bad boy last night. I take him for doggie play time some nights...up in a park. He peed on two different people! I was mortified! Doggie puberty is here.

oxc

oh! he's beautiful!!! :) And a MOUNTAIN!! :D Looks more the size of a horse than a dog! :)

He must have liked them to pee on them! :o Maybe he was just marking them as his territory? Like his favorite Teddy Bears! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC09332.jpg

DSC09240.jpg

oxc

awwww i LOVE those pics of petey!!!!

he wizzed on some people?????? :eek: that is CRRRAZY!!!! haha
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    SENROCK! wrote:
    awwww i LOVE those pics of petey!!!!

he wizzed on some people?????? :eek: that is CRRRAZY!!!! haha

He is in Doberboy puberty.....we have a few more months until he gets fixed poor boy!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013