~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I love Norman. If you ever need a dogsitter...let me know!!!!!!

you're on chickie!!! :D:D
  • This is the most precious pic!! It looks like she's thinking "Yeah, dad's sleeping. You'll have to get through me if you wanna mess with him!"

I think she was more bent out of shape that I had the balls to sleep on her couch. I walked in the house yesterday and she was on the couch, dead asleep. She'd moved like 3 pillows over to the middle of the couch, stacked them, and she was crashed out on top of them.
  • Jeanie wrote:
    OMG! :D I think I'm in love with Levi! :D

:D He tends to have that effect on people. We've nicknamed him "The Man."
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    geishagrrl wrote:
    :D He tends to have that effect on people. We've nicknamed him "The Man."

hehe! Well he sure does have a presence! "The Man" suits him! :D

Lukin's been getting called "Baby" and "Sooky LaLa" a lot! :o Probably not great for shaping his personality! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • My lost dog died 2 years ago, fuckin loved him, called him rocky, We recentley had a stray dog that kept hangin round our house and he was pretty cool, had no name so we called him deefer(D fer dog) :D Planning on gettin a new dog soon, possibly a terrier cause big dogs just wreck the place, Although terriers tend to shit everywhere, When we get the new guy ill put up a few pics
    My lost dog died 2 years ago, fuckin loved him, called him rocky, We recentley had a stray dog that kept hangin round our house and he was pretty cool, had no name so we called him deefer(D fer dog) :D Planning on gettin a new dog soon, possibly a terrier cause big dogs just wreck the place, Although terriers tend to shit everywhere, When we get the new guy ill put up a few pics

I lost my last dog to snake bite about 15 years ago G, and I hadn't had the heart to have another one until Lukin arrived a few weeks ago.

Sad that you lost Rocky. It's hard to recover when you love them so much, but I wish you well with getting your new guy and I'd love to see the pics.

Lukin was a "stray" I guess although he's all legally adopted now. :)

I think he picked us as much as we picked him. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Thought I would throw this one out there.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/audiodave/?action=view&current=wanda1.jpg

Meet Wanda. Half Staffordshire bull terrier, half German shepheard.

I love her! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • audiodave wrote:

Ahh! She looks like a sweety!

Jeanie wrote:
    hehe! Well he sure does have a presence! "The Man" suits him! :D

Lukin's been getting called "Baby" and "Sooky LaLa" a lot! :o Probably not great for shaping his personality! ;):D

All of my dogs have multiple nicknames. They seem to know most of them. Levi goes from The Man to Mannie to Manuel Noriega. Fegredo's nicknames however are the strangest, Tater and Rabbit. Rabbit because he bounces when he runs and Tater came from first calling him Gredo Potato then Tatertot to just Tater. You can call him by all three and he knows you're talking to him.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Dog nicknames are fun! All our pets have loads of nicknames which are probably more commonly used than their actual names!

Wanda's nicknames are Dogface (the most commonly used one, by me and my sister), Waldo, Wanda the wonderdog (a favourite of my mother's) and Slobberdog Milosovic. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    When we adopted our black lab mix the shelter had named her Dakota which was one too many syllables for us. We changed it to Koda then Kodi since we already knew a dog by that name and kept calling her that anyway -lol. Now she also goes by Coco the Monkey which is the name my hubby came up with? :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    audiodave wrote:

WANDA!!! :):):) Sooooo pretty!! Think I might love her too! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    My lost dog died 2 years ago, fuckin loved him, called him rocky, We recentley had a stray dog that kept hangin round our house and he was pretty cool, had no name so we called him deefer(D fer dog) :D Planning on gettin a new dog soon, possibly a terrier cause big dogs just wreck the place, Although terriers tend to shit everywhere, When we get the new guy ill put up a few pics

my apologies about losing your doggie. it FN sucks more than ANYTHING. I've added Rocky to this list :http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=1830875&postcount=1
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    geishagrrl wrote:
    All of my dogs have multiple nicknames. They seem to know most of them. Levi goes from The Man to Mannie to Manuel Noriega. Fegredo's nicknames however are the strangest, Tater and Rabbit. Rabbit because he bounces when he runs and Tater came from first calling him Gredo Potato then Tatertot to just Tater. You can call him by all three and he knows you're talking to him.

:D Excellent work! hehe! I love nicknames! :D

I think the dogs must just hear the tone of our voice or something, because Lukin hasn't been around long enough to not be confused by all the things I call him. I figure he just responds to the sound of my voice. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    I did just try to give Lukin a little manicure and file his claws so they aren't so scratchy and he actually said "pffft!" and got off the couch and walked away from me??????!!!!! :rolleyes: :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    I did just try to give Lukin a little manicure and file his claws so they aren't so scratchy and he actually said "pffft!" and got off the couch and walked away from me??????!!!!! :rolleyes: :D

THAT is funny!!! :D

I was actually gonna dig this thread up becuz....

1-saturday i saw chris cornell at the KID ROCK show ;) and he played "say hello to heaven" which....some of u know was the last song i heard with Surfer b4 he died. It was really cool becuz i felt touched by it & i cried ALOT & it helped me feel a bit of closure.

2-i miss the doggie pics in here!!!!

3-someone really special called me today to tell me he got me a Saint Bernard! I have ALLLLLWAYS wanted one but could never have one becuz of Surfer. So he knows that Surf died & he told me he remembered that i've always wanted one and he felt it was time. I havnt talked to him in a while & all of a sudden he gets me a Saint Bernard!!! I was comPLETELY stoked but......i cant take it!!! I HAVE NOWHERE TO PUT THE DOGGIE!!!!! :( I've been trying to figure out a way all evening. Im bummed.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

SENROCK! wrote:
    THAT is funny!!! : D

I was actually gonna dig this thread up becuz....

hehe! Oh yeah, he's a real comedian! ;) He's got poo pants with me coz he ripped my foot open last night on his walk and now he's gotta wait for Mum to come home and walk him. He's been looking decidedly unimpressed all day! When he gets too shitty, I just point at the hole in my foot and point at his claws and say ouch! I think I've explained it to him a half dozen times but he's just ignoring me now! :D

SENROCK! wrote:
    1-saturday i saw chris cornell at the KID ROCK show ; ) and he played "say hello to heaven" which....some of u know was the last song i heard with Surfer b4 he died. It was really cool becuz i felt touched by it & i cried ALOT & it helped me feel a bit of closure.

Interesting you mention Cornell sen, because I'm just sitting here trying to decide if I should get tix tomorrow in the internet pre-sale.
    Say hello to heaven is an awesome song and I'm glad that it helped. :)

SENROCK! wrote:
    2-i miss the doggie pics in here!!!!

Here Sen, this is Lukin having the rest of my icy pole last night. I can't have one now without him sitting patiently until I'm almost finished and then it's required I give him the stick to lick! Actually I think he's even sitting there deciding if I've left him enough or not! :D

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/Piesnsauce/100_1467.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/Piesnsauce/100_1466.jpg

SENROCK! wrote:
    3-someone really special called me today to tell me he got me a Saint Bernard! I have ALLLLLWAYS wanted one but could never have one becuz of Surfer. So he knows that Surf died & he told me he remembered that i've always wanted one and he felt it was time. I havnt talked to him in a while & all of a sudden he gets me a Saint Bernard!!! I was comPLETELY stoked but......i cant take it!!! I HAVE NOWHERE TO PUT THE DOGGIE!!!!! : ( I've been trying to figure out a way all evening. Im bummed.

aaaw! :( < HUGS > I really hope you come up with a plan! What a great friend!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWW i LOVE those pictures!!!! That looks like one happy doggie!!! i used to LOVVVVVE Surfs reaction when i would give him ice cream. He would stick his big doggie tongue out & lick the scoop right off the cone! it cracked me up!

And definitely get tickets to Cornell. His band is great & he does a few audioslave soundgarden temple of the dog tunes. You wont regret it!

• AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    SEN! I hope there is some way to figure out how to keep the puppy! There was one in Petey's first Obedience class....she was sooooo chill and CUTE!

You sound better!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    SENROCK! wrote:
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWW i LOVE those pictures!!!! That looks like one happy doggie!!! i used to LOVVVVVE Surfs reaction when i would give him ice cream. He would stick his big doggie tongue out & lick the scoop right off the cone! it cracked me up!

And definitely get tickets to Cornell. His band is great & he does a few audioslave soundgarden temple of the dog tunes. You wont regret it!

Yeah, he's a pretty happy camper! :) He'd wanna be with all the love and affection not to mention treats he gets lavished upon him! :D
    They're so cute with ice cream! I haven't tried him with icecream cones yet, but once the summer comes I'll make sure he gets to try one. I'm thinking of taking him to this doggy cafe they have not far from here so he can try a puppacinno! :D

And I will get the Cornell tix I think. I haven't seen him since way back in the day with Soundgarden and he was awesome then, so I reckon he'd still be worth it! Thanks Sen. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Austicman wrote:

oh my god. these doggies are INCREDIBLE!!!! I wanted to reach thru the screen & scratch their doggie stomachs!!! PLEEEEASE keep posting more pics in here as you take them!!! This made my day! :)

PJaddicted wrote:
    SEN! I hope there is some way to figure out how to keep the puppy! There was one in Petey's first Obedience class....she was sooooo chill and CUTE!

You sound better!

oxc

haha i do? im trying. thanks~

i would LOVE to keep the puppy. I just dont want to get into situations like i did with Surfer. Someone giving me a doggie is a huge deal. That just doesnt happen everyday!!!

SENROCK! wrote:
    haha i do? im trying. thanks~

i would LOVE to keep the puppy. I just dont want to get into situations like i did with Surfer. Someone giving me a doggie is a huge deal. That just doesnt happen everyday!!!

i hope you can work it out, sen....:)

norm says hi! :)
    cutback wrote:
    i hope you can work it out, sen....:)

norm says hi! :)

HI NORM!!!!! i was beginning to think he didnt like us anymore up in here!!!

SENROCK! wrote:
    HI NORM!!!!! i was beginning to think he didnt like us anymore up in here!!!

he can't get enough of the pit....:) i've been lax in taking copious pictures of the lad....:D
    cutback wrote:
    i hope you can work it out, sen....: )

norm says hi! : )

Gee he's beautiful cb! Just a gorgeous pup! :)

As are Tara and Roxy! :)

Lukin's off to Obedience School tomorrow! He needs to learn to play nice with the other dogs! And how NOT to hobble Mummy in his exuberance to get to them! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Jeanie wrote:
    Gee he's beautiful cb! Just a gorgeous pup! :)

As are Tara and Roxy! :)

Lukin's off to Obedience School tomorrow! He needs to learn to play nice with the other dogs! And how NOT to hobble Mummy in his exuberance to get to them! :)

Petey will be right there with him! He needs to learn to settle down in public while on the leash.....and not want to PLAY with every dog he meets. Last week the obedience class was just talk....well my very smart manipulative puppy tried every trick in the book to get to the Irish Wolfhound puppy sitting behind us. He tried to go under me, over me and through me, grabbed my sleeve and yanked on me, He was even yelled at by the instructor....twice for barking! I have to say...I WAS MORTIFIED! Now I'm embarrassed to go back to class tonight...but go I must if I ever want this Beast tamed.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Petey will be right there with him! He needs to learn to settle down in public while on the leash.....and not want to PLAY with every dog he meets. Last week the obedience class was just talk....well my very smart manipulative puppy tried every trick in the book to get to the Irish Wolfhound puppy sitting behind us. He tried to go under me, over me and through me, grabbed my sleeve and yanked on me, He was even yelled at by the instructor....twice for barking! I have to say...I WAS MORTIFIED! Now I'm embarrassed to go back to class tonight...but go I must if I ever want this Beast tamed.

oxc

:D Sorry! Not laughing at you, but with you! Same here! I'm not looking forward to taking him, because I just know he's going to be a rat bag! I was sooo embarrassed when he went off on his little psycho Cujo thing on Monday night! He was barking and whining and wimpering and lunging at this other dog and making so much noise that people came out of their houses to see if it was a dog fight and when they could only see us, (the other couple took off with their dog very quickly, thankfully) I'm quite sure people thought I was beating him!! :o It took me all my strength to get him to settle down, and of course my most commanding voice, which was just drawing more attention! So I hobbled home with him, with my foot bleeding and I contemplated blue murder every limp of the way! Little bugger! But I think he knows he was naughty and I know that the cortizone injection he had at the Vet probably didn't help. I've been given a pamphlet about this really cool dog lead/collar called the Gentle Leader. The vet recommended it. I'm going to get one in the morning before I take him to Obedience School. The guy there said they are a good idea too. Maybe they'd help you with the taming of the beast? :)

http://www.premier.com/pages.cfm?id=17

Product overview here:

http://www.premier.com/pages.cfm?id=29
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    I've been given a pamphlet about this really cool dog lead/collar called the Gentle Leader. The vet recommended it. I'm going to get one in the morning before I take him to Obedience School. The guy there said they are a good idea too. Maybe they'd help you with the taming of the beast? :)

http://www.premier.com/pages.cfm?id=17

Product overview here:

http://www.premier.com/pages.cfm?id=29

oh yes definitely get one....night and day i taming the wild beast....up until a couple months ago norm wore one on every walk.....:)
    cutback wrote:
    oh yes definitely get one....night and day i taming the wild beast....up until a couple months ago norm wore one on every walk.....:)

Oh good! I was wondering if anyone else had used one! I got him a choker chain but I only used it a couple of times, and it barely slowed him down at all, and I think he was crushing his own windpipe with it! :( I had to stop using it! I couldn't stand to watch it!

So when the girl at the vet showed me this thing I thought it would be perfect for Lukin. I just hope he thinks so! ;)

Is it difficult to do the adjusting cb? Like if you're right in the middle of a doggy confrontation, Lukin he goes off like a frog in a sock, I don't have a lot of time to pull him up if it happens unexpectedly, so I can't see me mucking about if I have to do too much adjusting and stuff.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift