~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Jeanie wrote:
    Yes, this is true, however I don't think my dog is genetically wired to living or spending a lot of time in the snow or rain. He's a short hair, unlike say a Malamut, Samoid or Husky who have thicker coats because they're from colder temperatures. So a coat would be better for him in that extreme of temperature, just as a Malamut would probably need to be clipped if it was trying to survive in warmer temperatures. :)

wow! so glad my kids aren't as difficult to look after as doggies. keep them waiting for food long enough they eventually find the fridge. not to mention haven't had one of them pee on the rug yet either. ;):D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Austicman wrote:
    Thats my brother in-laws at Oberon. Got heaps of snow dumps this year. Usuall get a about 3 good falls a year but got about 6 this year

Summer Evening

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/Austicman/DSC00034.jpg

Winters Day

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/Austicman/DSC00091.jpg

I've been to Oberon!! :D It's BLOODY ARCTIC!!!! :eek:
    But very beautiful! And very good news about the snow. Coz more snow in the High Country means more water in the thaw! :) There was quite a bit of snow on the Strezlecki's this year. You can see Mount Baw Baw covered in snow from where our country place is. :) And once when I lived there as a kid, it actually snowed in the town!! :eek:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    wow! so glad my kids aren't as difficult to look after as doggies. keep them waiting for food long enough they eventually find the fridge. not to mention haven't had one of them pee on the rug yet either.

hehe! :D Well a thousand times over I'd take the dog over changing nappies, and the sleepless nights! :eek: Not to mention the tanties and talking business! ;)

Seeing as how my brother's kids are good at peeing and pooping in unusual places, not to mention there's been a few of us adults throw up on the rug back in the day, the dog peeing on it is a bit of a non event really! :D The pooping was a bit horrific though! But he was sick poor love. :(
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    hehe! Well a thousand times over I'd take the dog over changing nappies, and the sleepless nights! :eek: Not to mention the tanties and talking business!

and then they smile or laugh... or your aggro boy comes to you and says he needs a hug. makes even me forget my bullshit.
    Jeanie wrote:
    Seeing as how my brother's kids are good at peeing and pooping in unusual places, not to mention there's been a few of us adults throw up on the rug back in the day, the dog peeing on it is a bit of a non event really! The pooping was a bit horrific though! But he was sick poor love. :(

yeah... and just try rubbing your kid's nose in it and see how far you get. apparently that's bad parenting. LMAO!!! ;):D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    and then they smile or laugh... or your aggro boy comes to you and says he needs a hug. makes even me forget my bullshit.

that's pretty cool! :) And one of the things I do like most about the niece and nephew! They're so fabulous. But the dog he's pretty cool too!
    If I'm having a bad day he knows and he's very sympathetic and likes to snuggle up and look me in the eye and give me a lick. :) Not to mention being my "doggy blanket" on the couch! :)

yeah... and just try rubbing your kid's nose in it and see how far you get. apparently that's bad parenting. LMAO!!! ; ) : D : p

That's bad dog training now too! And it doesn't do much. Mum was all for it, but I stopped her pretty darn quick!
    I tell ya if I was to rub my nephew's nose in his it'd probably kill the poor little bugger! :eek: ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Jeanie wrote:
    I've been to Oberon!! :D It's BLOODY ARCTIC!!!! :eek:
    But very beautiful! And very good news about the snow. Coz more snow in the High Country means more water in the thaw! There was quite a bit of snow on the Strezlecki's this year. You can see Mount Baw Baw covered in snow from where our country place is. :) And once when I lived there as a kid, it actually snowed in the town!! :eek:

My Bro lives about halfway betwen Oberon and Jenolan Caves. It's been freezing all winter there. I've been 4 times this winter and the daytime temp hasn't got higher than 5c and the wind can get ridiculous. Wood fire inside and bourbon numb the pain though :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Austicman wrote:
    My Bro lives about halfway betwen Oberon and Jenolan Caves. It's been freezing all winter there. I've been 4 times this winter and the daytime temp hasn't got higher than 5c and the wind can get ridiculous. Wood fire inside and bourbon numb the pain though :D

I've been to Jenolan Caves!! It is FREEZING!! It does get cold where we are but there's never normally snow.

"Doggy Blankets" are pretty handy for warming you up too! :D
    Although at 20kgs Lukin's a lapful!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    I've been to Jenolan Caves!! It is FREEZING!! It does get cold where we are but there's never normally snow.

"Doggy Blankets" are pretty handy for warming you up too! :D
    Although at 20kgs Lukin's a lapful!! :D

just having them sleep on your feet is enough to keep you warm.

you people make me want to go out a get a dog.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=241453&highlight=weezer
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    just having them sleep on your feet is enough to keep you warm.

you people make me want to go out a get a dog.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=241453&highlight=weezer

Lukin's been asleep at my feet all day and they're still cold!! :D

But you should get a dog cate! I can't recommend it enough to people! :D

And I remember Weezer! An awesome poem! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • lets see if this works, my dog Maggie looking "very impressed" with her Santa hat :)

Picture045.jpg
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Jeanie wrote:
    Thanks dream. :) I'm not so worried about people and their funny looks. I'd rather they thought (incorrectly) that I'd muzzled him than think that he's a vicious Cujo about to eat everything and everybody in sight! It's weird the way some people react to dogs. I've seen people look at Lukin with fear in their eyes and cross the street and walk faster to get away from him, which just mystifies me because he's the biggest sook and such a softy he'd probably lick them to death! :p I really don't get it. I simply want him to be better behaved when I'm walking him ( for his sake and safety as much as anyone elses ) and I think this GL sounds like a great idea, so I'm really keen to give it a go. If others think he's muzzled they're probably also freaking out that he's a vicious dog! :rolleyes: I mean he's a vicious licker! :p But that's about it! :D

I get the same reactions to Petey....people have Doberman predudice that's just not true. Petey will attack you....and lick you to death! I hated training class, the trainer is old fashioned....and cruel. He has people jerking puppies around with choke collars. I may not go back, I couldn't stand seeing these happy puppies all being bullied to be obedient. They looked so sad and confused. I've already been to positive obedience with Petey, so I know there is a better way for a young puppy. Petey is older and stronger, he needs to know who is boss with a bit of force, but a 3 month old little lab puppy, needs treats and guidance, not being choked! I was sooooo mad, I wanted to put a choke collar on the trainer and jerk him around for a bit!!! Too late for me to get my money back. I still feel sick over it.

Good Dog books to read. Merles Door and the Loved Dog.

Have a great Thursday.

HI TO SENROCK!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    lets see if this works, my dog Maggie looking "very impressed" with her Santa hat :)

Picture045.jpg

i think maggie's just humouring you. :D she's a beautiful dog though and just my colour. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • i think maggie's just humouring you. :D she's a beautiful dog though and just my colour. :D

your joking????? :eek:

thanks, she is the most perfect dog ever, rescued from a dogs home as a pup aswell the poor thing :(

heres another where she has clearly had enough and is just trying to shut the embarassment out :D

Picture044.jpg
    your joking????? :eek:

thanks, she is the most perfect dog ever, rescued from a dogs home as a pup aswell the poor thing
    heres another where she has clearly had enough and is just trying to shut the embarassment out
    Picture044.jpg

no. why would i be joking?

LMAO!! :D:D that photo just adds credence to my opinion. she's thinking, man if i could bite whoever put this stupid hat on my head and get away with it, i would. :D

either that or

not another human. :rolleyes:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • no. why would i be joking?

LMAO!! :D:D that photo just adds credence to my opinion. she's thinking, man if i could bite whoever put this stupid hat on my head and get away with it, i would. :D

either that or

not another human. :rolleyes:

i was being sarcastic - in a nice way though

thats why i posted the other pic cos i know she is thinking "Oh god just please make this stop, why are they doing this to me???" :D
    i was being sarcastic - in a nice way though

thats why i posted the other pic cos i know she is thinking "Oh god just please make this stop, why are they doing this to me???" :D

big smilie face is for sarcasm. :D

i totally understand nice sarcasm. :p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • big smilie face is for sarcasm. :D

i totally understand nice sarcasm. :p

Aaah thats the thing with typing aint it, i was trying to convey being shocked in a sarcastic manner, it clearly didnt work!! dunno what smilie to use at the end of that sentence

i didnt know the smilies had such meaning anyway, i just stick em on :)
    Aaah thats the thing with typing aint it, i was trying to convey being shocked in a sarcastic manner, it clearly didnt work!! dunno what smilie to use at the end of that sentence

i didnt know the smilies had such meaning anyway, i just stick em on :)

oh totally. tis all about the smilies. :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • oh totally. tis all about the smilies. :D:p

thanks for the lesson ;) (is that the right one?)

do ya know where all the smilies can be seen so i know what to type for different ones?
    thanks for the lesson ;) (is that the right one?)

do ya know where all the smilies can be seen so i know what to type for different ones?

no. :p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    lets see if this works, my dog Maggie looking "very impressed" with her Santa hat :)

Picture045.jpg

She's lovely! :) And looking highly "impressed" ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    She's lovely! :) And looking highly "impressed" ;):D

sarcasm???

im out of my depth here with you two veterans of the smilie world!!!
    sarcasm???

you are out of your depth in so many ways you don't even know. ;):D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • you are out of your depth in so many ways you don't even know. ;):D:p

hahaha i dont even know what to put in reply to that (out of my depth again, damn it!)
  • your joking????? :eek:

thanks, she is the most perfect dog ever, rescued from a dogs home as a pup aswell the poor thing :(

heres another where she has clearly had enough and is just trying to shut the embarassment out :D

Picture044.jpg
    :D she's lovely... she looks just like our wolfie... he has the same kinda expressions too, he's living with my sister now, she also has a king charles cavalier and a german shephard. Ya can't go near wolfie without Bran (GS) coming straight up and getting his head between my hand and wolfie... anytime I go near him he looks at me like 'oh please dont, Im relaxing and don't want that asshole coming near me' :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I get the same reactions to Petey....people have Doberman predudice that's just not true. Petey will attack you....and lick you to death! I hated training class, the trainer is old fashioned....and cruel. He has people jerking puppies around with choke collars. I may not go back, I couldn't stand seeing these happy puppies all being bullied to be obedient. They looked so sad and confused. I've already been to positive obedience with Petey, so I know there is a better way for a young puppy. Petey is older and stronger, he needs to know who is boss with a bit of force, but a 3 month old little lab puppy, needs treats and guidance, not being choked! I was sooooo mad, I wanted to put a choke collar on the trainer and jerk him around for a bit!!! Too late for me to get my money back. I still feel sick over it.

Good Dog books to read. Merles Door and the Loved Dog.

Have a great Thursday.

HI TO SENROCK!

oxc

I've been involved in a couple of really severe dog attacks by Pit Bulls and I don't even hate them, those particular animals or the breed in general. I just understand that they were doing what they do when their owners aren't worthy of them and have treated them poorly and taught them badly. I find it sad that so many people seem so afraid of particular breeds now when a lot of the time it's their own inability to interact with animals that causes the problem in the first place!
    I didn't get to take Lukin to Obedience School this morning but I'll take him on Sunday instead. It's only $45 for the rest of the year and you can go twice a week. I've spoken to the guy, he sounded nice and he said to bring a pouch of treats, so I'm assuming it's a reward based training, and it was recommended by my vet. If anybody thinks I'll be beating or choking my dog into submission they're sadly mistaken. I think you're right to go back to the positive obedience place and give that other jerk a wide berth! People like that really bug me!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • :D she's lovely...

anytime I go near him he looks at me like 'oh please dont, Im relaxing and don't want that asshole coming near me' :D

thanks (i always feel like a proud dad when someone says my dog is nice, is that normal?)

and, haha thats funny about the asshole bit, dogs are funny aint they
    hahaha i dont even know what to put in reply to that (out of my depth again, damn it!)

i'll be gentle. :):p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    sarcasm???

hehe! I was agreeing with you. :)

we're a bit irreverent us Aussies! :D

She looks like she's had a gut full of the hat and having her pic taken, but she does look like a real sweetie! :)
    And as for smilies I think you're looking for this :

http://forums.pearljam.com/misc.php?do=showsmilies
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    hehe! I was agreeing with you. :)

we're a bit irreverent us Aussies!

She looks like she's had a gut full of the hat and having her pic taken, but she does look like a real sweetie! :)
    And as for smilies I think you're looking for this :

http://forums.pearljam.com/misc.php?do=showsmilies

thanks

and as for the smilie thing then, i was being told i was using the wrong ones but after checking that link i was right!!!! :p:D

bloody aussies ;)