~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    SENROCK! wrote:
    thats very cool that things turned out well for you. i just wanna go hug my doggie now.....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/diamond2.jpg

well i just did!!! and great looking dog u have!! yeah she does not play all that much but when she does im ALL OVER THAT play time, now she makes me fetch....lol :)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    well i just did!!! and great looking dog u have!! yeah she does not play all that much but when she does im ALL OVER THAT play time, now she makes me fetch....lol :)

thanks!! Thats my little prince doggie "SURFER". He is the best and i love him more than anyone or anything. *sigh*
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    SENROCK! wrote:
    thanks!! Thats my little prince doggie "SURFER". He is the best and i love him more than anyone or anything. *sigh*

Even more than speedy :eek:

He does look SO HUGGGABLE. But I am confused...is Surfer Different than your Prince??? Or am i being dumb. He looks like a cross between a Mastof and a rotweiller.,...
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • John Mclaughlin Fan Club 3/7/06
    He Fought the 10 Club But the 10 Club Always Wins.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
    sicksauce wrote:

O M G!!

SOoooooo adorable!!
    Lizard wrote:
    Even more than speedy :eek:

He does look SO HUGGGABLE. But I am confused...is Surfer Different than your Prince??? Or am i being dumb. He looks like a cross between a Mastof and a rotweiller.,...

absolutely more than speedy! no offense to him cuz he knows i love him!!! but SURFER is the love of my life. And yeah SURFER is DEFINITELY my little prince!!! :D He is part rott and part shep. heres my absolute fAAAAVORITE pic of him.....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/surfhappy.jpg

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

sicksauce wrote:

those are some good lookin kidz you got there!!! :)

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    thats funny you posted a pic of norm, he always makes me smile! i was coming here to leave one of SURF!!! i LOVVVVE the way he looks right here, innocent and cuddly!!! *sigh* theres nothing like hugging your doggie......
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/cuuuute.jpg

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    SENROCK! wrote:
    absolutely more than speedy! no offense to him cuz he knows i love him!!! but SURFER is the love of my life. And yeah SURFER is DEFINITELY my little prince!!! :D He is part rott and part shep. heres my absolute fAAAAVORITE pic of him.....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/surfhappy.jpg

:eek:Frick!!! I said speedy??!!! I meant to say SpYdee!!! Sheesh....

who loves speedy??!!! :D
  • disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    Well, since last saturday I also have a dog, a shih-tzu called Quincy. She's 8 weeks old. Quincy
    Well, since last saturday I also have a dog, a shih-tzu called Quincy. She's 8 weeks old. Quincy

congrats!!! that is a nice little cuddle doggie there!!! :D

Lizard wrote:
    :eek:Frick!!! I said speedy??!!! I meant to say SpYdee!!! Sheesh....

who loves speedy??!!! :D

hahaha what a clown!!!!! :D
    and as far as Spydee...... i've hadd Surf longer but since Spydee was born, i've always said that my life would be NO LIFE without either one of them. Its a little different cuz Spydee has parents and he's my nephew. But Surf....thats MY son and i could never be complete unless he is in my life. *sigh*
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/newsurfer.jpg

• comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    He's adorable!! A little puff ball :)
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
    SENROCK! wrote:
    congrats!!! that is a nice little cuddle doggie there!!! :D
    He's adorable!! A little puff ball :)

thanks, she really is cute and calmly dog

I could be like this if I don't cut her hair :Dhttp://www.de-ark.be/userimg/Image/shih%20tzu.jpg
    thanks, she really is cute and calmly dog

I could be like this if I don't cut her hair :Dhttp://www.de-ark.be/userimg/Image/shih%20tzu.jpg
    :eek: That's a lot of hair :p
    I just want to cuddle her!
    :eek: That's a lot of hair :p
    I just want to cuddle her!

You wanna comb her hair every day :D
    You wanna comb her hair every day :D
    ummm....no :p but you could put it into cute little braids with bows :p

I could, but I think I'll keep her short-haired.

WHAT???!!! no!!!!!! :eek:

SENROCK! wrote:
    WHAT???!!! no!!!!!! :eek:
    hahahahahah kidding!!!! :p
    She's cute with the short hair...keep her just as she is :)
    hahahahahah kidding!!!! :p
    She's cute with the short hair...keep her just as she is :)

ok good!! i got scared for a minute! Those people that do that to their doggies freak me out!!! But maybe its just me cuz im not the girlie type that would carry a tiny doggie in a purse paris hilton style. I'm all about the big doggies!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/diamond.jpg

SENROCK! wrote:
    ok good!! i got scared for a minute! Those people that do that to their doggies freak me out!!! But maybe its just me cuz im not the girlie type that would carry a tiny doggie in a purse paris hilton style. I'm all about the big doggies!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/diamond.jpg
    haha didn't mean to scare you. My mom and my brother both have big doggies (german shephard and husky)...I'll post pics if I can find some at home...i just have 2 cats...but i can assure you they don't have bows in their hair, nor do i carry them in a purse :p (mostly cause they would scratch my eyes out) :eek:
    ~This, is the love of my life right here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/surfposing.jpg
    you all know that. That is the picture in the very first post of this thread. I started this thread becuz of my doggie. I love him SO much that i wanted everyone to know it and SHARE the love they have of their doggies.

I dont even know HOW to begin to even write this but I think i need to now. SURFER was born in my garage on December 6th 1999. I wont ever forget it. He was the only BROWN rott among his brothers and 1 sister. I KNEW i hadd to keep him cuz he was different...like me. From that day, i fell hopelessly in love with him. He was the first doggie that was MINE and nobody elses. His parents i adopted from my brother. I needed to give him a unique name that reflected ME and what i enjoyed. I thought about VEDDER, McCREADY, PJ, but for some reason i knew those werent UNIQUE. Some crazy fan somewhere must have alreddie used those! :D so, i chose SURFER. Im a HUGE fan of surfing and have a thing for waves. SURFER seemed perfect. Everywhere we went, we were known as "SEN & SURF". I took him EVERYWHERE with me and everyone got to know him. I saw me and him doing so many things down the line. He loved the doggie beach becuz....hello.....SURFER??!!! haha

He enjoyed driving everywhere with me and LOVED going for walks late at night. When he was 8 months, i met a real surfer and he commented that SURF would be a HUGE doggie. I was exxxcited becuz i have always WANTED a HUGE doggie to protect me. If i didnt have a guy, i sure as hell would have my BIG SURFER!!! His doggie paws were my FAAAAVORITE. Last year when i went to hawaii for the Pearl Jam show, i got a custom tattoo that i drew myself and it has a surfboard with a wave behind it and SURFERs doggie paw in the center with his name. Everyone that didnt know me thought i was NUTS for getting a doggie paw. Those who DO know me KNEW that i loved my boy more than anything.

No matter what has happened in life since 1999, ive always hadd my prince doggie with me. The first time i began my touring adventure to pearl jam shows out of state, it killed me to be away from him. I would call home DAILY to check on him. Not to see how my parents or fam was but to see how my baby was doing! my mom would get so pissed and ask why dont i ask how THEY are! haha When it was a few days prior to me leaving on a trip, he KNEW. i would wanna be close to him but he would keep his distance and look at me as if to say "dont try to get all close to me. i KNOW ure leaving!" hahaha as i would be packing, he'd be doing this on my stuff:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/prettyboy.jpg

i HAAAATED leaving him but boy i sure did look forward to coming back to him! I love the way he hears my voice or sniffs me in the air and starts to wimper like when he was a puppy. That is the sweetest sound EVER. When i leave to go get somn to eat, i'll tell him "wait for me right there ok fattyboy? i'll be right back." he would tilt his head to the side nd then sigh and lay down. When i drive up, there he is. right where i told him to stay! god i love him! Theres so many things to say about my prince. Nobody or no one has ever made me happier. If it were possible to have a wedding with my doggie (as yield2pearljam and i discussed) i WOULD. just so that i can have pearl jam wedding things! and becuz i never want to get married but i LOVE my doggie SO much and SO unconditionally.

Since June 21st, the first day of summer ( my FAVORITE non holiday)...there have been a series of events taking place in my life. None of them are good. I was away from posting here in THE PIT for a while but when things started going badd, i came here for entertainment and...frenz? When things are wrong in my life, i try not to let it show. I dont like people all up in my business. This thread and all of the participation with pictures and the talks about our 'kidz', it is really awesome. it is what has helped me smile day to day when theres nothing to smile for.

SURFER as i said before, is the love of my life. I have always said that if i did not have him, i dont know how i would cope or go on without him. He has always been there and we've gone thru changes together. If i hadd nothing and nobody else, i ALWAYS have my doggie. During this time of horrible things taking place in my life, SURF was the one thing that i looked to everyday. I wrote in here how i was moving and hadd to leave him in a doggie hotel. It tore me UP. I was so empty inside and hadd never felt that before. It was a few days only but it seemed like a lifetime. I was used to seeing this every night:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/prince.jpg

When i finally got him back, i felt like the missing piece hadd been found and i was complete. 3 days before i picked him up from the doggie hotel, i ended things with the guy i was seeing. It was kind of hard becuz i always told him "i have NO ONE" and he would always say 'you have ME and you have surf'. Right. Things in my life at that point started getting worse and it was hard letting go of him cuz i needed someone i could trust. It bummed me out but i was ok becuz i hadd my doggie. My doggie will ALWAYS be there for me!

Its been a month today that SURFER died. :( It was So difficult parting ways with the one person i loved and trusted and even MORE difficult LOSING my surfer, the love of my life. Both of them GONE within 2 weeks of each other. I dont want to go into detail of how or what happened but i thought it was time to post in here about SURFER being gone. Its been a strange month and i cant BELIEVE its a month cuz i still feel the pain i felt on that very last day. I havnt told anyone exxxcept 1 person from here the day it happened becuz i wasnt reddie to go public. My family OR frenz dont know still. Just sunday i shared the news with another friend from here and i thought i wouldnt cry but i DID! I know that i'm not the only one that has ever lost a pet and i know it gets easier etc etc. But, with the things going on in my life....its THAT much harder. When i hadd NOTHING else and NOBODY else, SURFER was the ONE thing i hadd no matter what. The korn lyrics "i hurt so badd inside, i wish you could see the world thru my eyes....i just want to laugh again" fit me perfectly. Ive posted things like this in THE PIT and on my myspace and people think its becuz of my breakup. NO MAN!!! its about MY SURFER!!!! this is way BIGGER than any guy!!!

The emptiness i felt when surf was away at the doggie hotel, i only hadd to live with that for a few days. NOW??? i'll have that feeling THE REST of MY LIFE!!! This whole month has been a blur and i feel numb and cold and like i dont care about anything or anyone. I am broken and feel as though i died inside along with him. When i kissed him on his big doggie head one last time, i squeezed him SO tight and said that i did not know how my life would be now that he was gone. I havnt hadd one good deep cry yet becuz im still in shock i guess. I have his picture as the screen saver on my phone and every night i say goodnight and every morning i say good morning. I carry his collar with me all the time. Going to chicago for lollapalooza was EXXXTREMELY hard. it was easy cuz i needed to get the hell outta here and away for a while but, it was hard becuz for the first time he didnt see me off. And, there was no big brown doggie greeting me at the gate when i got home. I dont think i will ever be the same. Of course i love doggies and want another one but, not yet. SURFER was my baby and im not reddie to share the love with another puppy. Its taking alot for me to write all this cuz i am just.....'walking wounded'. i know i've written ALOT here but i appreciate whoever took the time to read all of this.

I want to say also, THANK YOU to all of you who keep this thread up and keep posting pictures. Its helped me SO much on a daily basis. I will miss being able to post new pictures of my prince in here so if you see the same ones every now and then....just smile and nod like i am crazy!!! haha and thank you all for letting me get DEEP like kaya in writing this becuz maybe you all know that i AM NOT emotional or sympathetic!!! Thats not how i FLOW! This is probably the ONLY time you will ever see SENROCK! crying like a girl or being serious. I miss my doggie more than words can even exxxplain. I know that one day i'll be ok but i know it isnt right now. "i feel the life pulled from me.....i feel the anger changin' me..." Thanks everyone and heres a couple of my favorite pics...

hogging my bed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/surfsleep2.jpg

with a porcelain SURFER lookalike i painted: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/DCFC0837.jpg

enjoying the "surf":http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/huntington4.jpg

soakin up some sun like his owner: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/bythepool.jpg

my favorite pic of him and the one im getting tattooed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/surfhappy.jpg

our "last kiss": http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/surfkiss2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/surfblankie.jpg
    Goodnite SURFER.....you will ALWAYS be my baby. I love you prince~

December 6, 1999-July 23, 2007

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Oh Sen! :( That's just made me cry and I've been so good this week! :o

I'm so sorry. So very very sorry. I don't even have anything to say. Speechless really. I'm just so very, very sorry. :(
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Shit Sen. I know that took a while to write but I read the whole thing and you really made me feel how you are feeling (not as deep I am sure). Soooo sorrrrrryyyy. :(.

Feel better.

Take care.

Bye bye Surfer........you had a GOOOOODDD Life!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    oh god sen i'm devastated......i am so sorry about surfer....everything you wrote i completely understand....i've only had norm for a year and a half and i don't know what i'd do if i lost him.....but you have 17 years of memories to look back on....so long surfer....you're a good boy!
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Oh, Senrock....You have my deepest sympathy and all of my empathy... went through this last year (and you had such kind words for me, thanks!) and my god, it still hurts. Getting over the loss of a dog is impossible...

But give yourself lots of time...cry all you want. Don't EVER feel stupid for crying about your dog in front of other people! And don't apologize for it...

We had our little Pinkerton Poochee for 16 years...and they were the best years of her life. She was such an awesome little dog and touched the lives of many. It still makes me cry when I think about how much I miss her, but when I think about all the great times we had together and all the silly things she did, then I smile....but it took a LONG time to get to that point. We keep her collar in her bowl with her favourite toy (and her ashes) on our fireplace mantle. We say hello to her everyday...we know she is still with us, just like Surfer is still with you...You'll hear him, and smell him for the rest of your life, and that's very comforting...

OK...I gotta go...this hurts...
    be philanthropic
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    So sorry to hear about Surfer.
    This weekend we rock Portland