~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJaddicted wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:
    For me there is no mistake that Dog is God spelled backwards. When you welcome dogs into your life they take you to a much higher plane of existence. They change who you are. Each one brings something new and different to your life. That is why I encourage those who have lost a beloved dog to get another, they truly help you heal the loss.

Another good book is Merles Door. It will be coming out as a movie some time in the future.
    Oh Yeah this is a great story.. And by the way how is your Petey dog doing these days? Sorry I've been really busy, my Dad has been in and out of the Hospital for a few weeks now.. so forgive my hit and miss entries..But I always wonder how my little Jamily is doing..

Thanks for asking. I'm sorry about your dad, what is going on with him? Petey is doing great! We are at month 20 since diagnosis, and we had another Petey Day on July 27th, Mr. Pete is now 57 months old! We went on vacation to Maine and took both dogs, and next week we will be going to Lake George with him too. He is enjoying life to the fullest.
    I'm glad to hear Petey is doing so good!! My dad has Chronic Pancreantitis caused by an atrophied Pancreas. He refuses to get it removed or replaced, fearing permanent Diabetes. So he has had to go have two different surgeries in order for him to get nutrition into his body, cause he can't eat. As a long time Pothead I keep trying to get him to smoke with me, telling him it would make him feel better, but as a Christian he won't go for it.. So.. in and out of the hospital he goes. Thanks for asking.. I hope things get better soon, my dad has always been a go-getter and to see him down and out like this is killing me..
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Isn't my Ziggy lovely? Look at that face....nawwww! :D

6007893869_9e82c48021_o.jpg
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Isn't my Ziggy lovely? Look at that face....nawwww! :D

6007893869_9e82c48021_o.jpg

aww.... i love boxers!!!

hey whispering hands...how bout making your pops some brownies??? :mrgreen:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• I thought of that too, but he would freak out if he ever found out..!!So I leave him to do as he wishes. But, that totally makes me think of the cop, whom he and his wife ate an entire tray of "brownies", then called 911 thinking they were gonna die!! LMAO!! Hopefully this by-passs feeding goes well and he'll feel better soon.. I keep looking at the unfinnished garden pad we'd started before he got sick again, and thinking, Man we have shit to do, hurry up and feel better, cause I can't stand seeing you like this!! And he won't let me finnish it for him, don't know why..
  • I thought of that too, but he would freak out if he ever found out..!!So I leave him to do as he wishes. But, that totally makes me think of the cop, whom he and his wife ate an entire tray of "brownies", then called 911 thinking they were gonna die!! LMAO!! Hopefully this by-passs feeding goes well and he'll feel better soon.. I keep looking at the unfinnished garden pad we'd started before he got sick again, and thinking, Man we have shit to do, hurry up and feel better, cause I can't stand seeing you like this!! And he won't let me finnish it for him, don't know why..

Hope he gets better soon! And maybe getting him out in the garden, when he has a good day, will help the healing process....being outside, doing what he loves, with people he loves.... good positive attitude does wonders for the healing process!!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

Hope he gets better soon! And maybe getting him out in the garden, when he has a good day, will help the healing process....being outside, doing what he loves, with people he loves.... good positive attitude does wonders for the healing process!!!
    I agree! ANd thanks for all the well wishes!! He hates that I post on this site on his computer, ( he can't say shit though cause he knows I pay to be here and that it is a monitered and protected site) but I'll tell him you all are pulling for him!! LOL !! Maybe THEN I can listen to PJ in his house!!LMAO . Ever since he heard Daughter, I've NOT been aloud to listen to PJ in his house or where he knows it's being played.. I keep telling him they wrote that song for people who had mothers like MY mother, and that he and my step-mom have not to worry, they're aloud to call me daughter, he doesn't think that's right either way!! oh well!! When I get my own place, I will be rocking all my records ( hopefully I'll have had a chance to replace the record player my bro-in-law destroyed) and my DVDS for DAYS!! Hope I have cool neighbors!!LOL

I agree! ANd thanks for all the well wishes!! He hates that I post on this site on his computer, ( he can't say shit though cause he knows I pay to be here and that it is a monitered and protected site) but I'll tell him you all are pulling for him!! LOL !! Maybe THEN I can listen to PJ in his house!!LMAO . Ever since he heard Daughter, I've NOT been aloud to listen to PJ in his house or where he knows it's being played.. I keep telling him they wrote that song for people who had mothers like MY mother, and that he and my step-mom have not to worry, they're aloud to call me daughter, he doesn't think that's right either way!! oh well!! When I get my own place, I will be rocking all my records ( hopefully I'll have had a chance to replace the record player my bro-in-law destroyed) and my DVDS for DAYS!! Hope I have cool neighbors!!LOL

Maybe play him a version that has the "Its Okay" tag at the end? :D:lol:

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    [/quote]
    I'm glad to hear Petey is doing so good!! My dad has Chronic Pancreantitis caused by an atrophied Pancreas. He refuses to get it removed or replaced, fearing permanent Diabetes. So he has had to go have two different surgeries in order for him to get nutrition into his body, cause he can't eat. As a long time Pothead I keep trying to get him to smoke with me, telling him it would make him feel better, but as a Christian he won't go for it.. So.. in and out of the hospital he goes. Thanks for asking.. I hope things get better soon, my dad has always been a go-getter and to see him down and out like this is killing me..[/quote]

I'm so sorry....that is awful. Not being able to eat food??!! I'd take you up on the medical pot!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    So i feel like a bad parent... I just noticed this about 4 days ago. I know this is not normal, teeth should not look like this, and I hope this is not bugging her. I am trying to go see the vet next week. :problem:

Anyone else ever had this going on with your dogs???

100_2248-1.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    So i feel like a bad parent... I just noticed this about 4 days ago. I know this is not normal, teeth should not look like this, and I hope this is not bugging her. I am trying to go see the vet next week. :problem:

100_2248-1.jpg
    Hard to tell from the picture but I'm guessing that the new tooth is coming in but she hasn't lost the milk tooth yet? If so, yes, I've had that happen with puppies before. It wasn't a problem as I recall.

I can also remember a couple of instances where a milk tooth was sticking out at a right angle to the other teeth. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

100_2248-1.jpg
    Hard to tell from the picture but I'm guessing that the new tooth is coming in but she hasn't lost the milk tooth yet? If so, yes, I've had that happen with puppies before. It wasn't a problem as I recall.

I can also remember a couple of instances where a milk tooth was sticking out at a right angle to the other teeth. :lol:

I guess i should have said to notice where it looks like 2 teeth are in one spot, the 2 big ones on the left side. I have tried to see if one was loose, i couldn't tell.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

100_2248-1.jpg

I guess i should have said to notice where it looks like 2 teeth are in one spot, the 2 big ones on the left side. I have tried to see if one was loose, i couldn't tell.
    That's what I thought. It looks like the permanent canine tooth is coming in beside the milk tooth.

This happened with 2 of my dogs. It corrected itself before it got to the stage in your pic. After looking online I found a little bit of information about it: http://www.dentalvet.com/patients/ortho ... ontics.htm (scroll down to the section Retaining Deciduous Teeth). It sounds like maybe you ought to get Sophie to the vet to get the tooth extracted.

BTW it was also the canine teeth that stuck out at right angles with 2 of my puppies. For a couple of days, they looked pretty freaky! :lol:
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    IMG02238.jpg

Dog and carrot :?
    ~JzP
  • AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    P1040545.jpg

My doggie, Aris!
    I am mine!
  • BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    RIP Rocket....

....Rocket was a busy body...I had a snot encrusted window to prove it.

5373_121973750859_665765859_3513411_1725697_n-1.jpg
  • JzP wrote:
    IMG02238.jpg

Dog and carrot :?
    How in the world did it grow that big without rotting!?!? I mean HOLY SHIT!!! Did YOU grow that!?!?And if so, my future horse wants the recipe!!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    AELARA wrote:
    P1040545.jpg

My doggie, Aris!
    awww... what a cutie :D
    AELARA wrote:
    P1040545.jpg

My doggie, Aris!

Hi Aris,
    my oh my you are cute. :)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    AELARA wrote:
    P1040545.jpg

My doggie, Aris!

Awwwww ..... :D
    AELARA wrote:
    P1040545.jpg

My doggie, Aris!
    So cute! Aris looks like a Blue Heeler.
    Or, like the sign I saw the other day advertising puppies, a "Blue Healer." :mrgreen:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Welcome Aris!

I am woefully behind in reading posts in this thread. Will do my best to catch up.

The unlost dogs are enjoying a summer of fun-packed weekends between agility tournaments and boat trips. I haven't told them yet that they'll be stuck home with Dad when I head to PJ20... :( I will be going through withdrawal.

Hope all the PJ doggies are well...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Sophie saw the vet today. He wants to wait 2-4 more weeks to see if it will still come out. He showed me that her teeth are in the correct place and does not effect her bite or the other teeth.

28.2 lbs

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Sophie saw the vet today. He wants to wait 2-4 more weeks to see if it will still come out. He showed me that her teeth are in the correct place and does not effect her bite or the other teeth.

28.2 lbs
    Good news!
    She will just have look like kind of a badass for a while! :mrgreen:
  • YAY!! Go Sophie!! And yeah the dulplicate tooth thing is a waiting game usually..
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Petey retained a puppy tooth for a bit too, but as the canine grew in, the puppy tooth got loose and eventually fell out. Give her lots of bones to chew on to help loosen it.

I'm away on vacation with the boyz. They are going to the dog park and swimming everyday. They seem to be having a good time. Monty turned 17 months yesterday! I can't believe how quickly time has passed.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    AELARA wrote:
    P1040545.jpg

My doggie, Aris!

something about that look says, "i didn't do it." :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Good news, well to me it is...lol

Sophie and I were playing tug tonight, and her tooth came out. Being so happy, I gave her 4 treats.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    imalive wrote:
    AELARA wrote:
    P1040545.jpg

My doggie, Aris!

something about that look says, "i didn't do it." :lol:

He says: " Hey, what's up? How you doin'?"

(Well actually, I think he says: "Hey what's this? What are you doing there? " because this was his very first photo and I couldn't convince him to pose..)
    I am mine!
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Good news, well to me it is...lol

Sophie and I were playing tug tonight, and her tooth came out. Being so happy, I gave her 4 treats.
    :clap:
    So now Sophie is saying "Hey Dad, let me see if I can get rid of some more teeth!" :mrgreen:
  • RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    These are my boys, Porter and Riley.

Porter is a 5 year old Vizsla with unlimited energy and Riley is a 6 year old Golden Retriever that would rather lay around than do anything. Very odd couple, but they love each other to death.

Porter
    6035435510_e19a2c026b.jpg

6035435388_10ca47e248.jpg

6035435326_ec045e090b.jpg

Riley
    6034897455_60a954f910.jpg

My boys and I
    6034883179_60bd8ef657.jpg

I love my dogs with all my heart and spoil them to death with endless walks in the woods and days long days at the lake house :D

LOVE THIS THREAD