~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    How ya doing, PJaddicted? :cry:

with all apologies to norm, Petey was kind of the alpha dog around here.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    imalive wrote:

:shock: How am I doing? Are you the most caring man on the face of the earth? You are fighting cancer and checking up on me! Thank you, it means alot. I am doing ok, one day at a time getting through the tears and grief. He was my side kick and it's so hard walking forward and missing him so much. I am grateful for his short life, he gave so much more then he took from us. The out pouring of love and support and the number of people who Petey touched is incredible, I guess....he wasn't *just a dog*, he was so loved, so special. I take comfort in knowing how you are thinking about him and me.

I got flowers twice today! Can you imagine? My dog dies and people send flowers!

I feel so supported by all of you here on the Pit...thank you!

We buried Petey near our tipi with his blankies and favorite toys, it rained buckets on us, but even that felt right....everyone was crying over his death. I feel good about the spot.

557452613_1975079699_0-1.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:
    imalive wrote:

:shock: How am I doing? Are you the most caring man on the face of the earth? You are fighting cancer and checking up on me! Thank you, it means alot. I am doing ok, one day at a time getting through the tears and grief. He was my side kick and it's so hard walking forward and missing him so much. I am grateful for his short life, he gave so much more then he took from us. The out pouring of love and support and the number of people who Petey touched is incredible, I guess....he wasn't *just a dog*, he was so loved, so special. I take comfort in knowing how you are thinking about him and me.

I got flowers twice today! Can you imagine? My dog dies and people send flowers!

We buried Petey near our tipi with his blankies and favorite toys, it rained buckets on us, but even that felt right....everyone was crying over his death. I feel good about the spot.

Though I didn't have the pleasure to meet him I felt like I knew him because of you and this thread.
    Thank you for sharing him... many smiles for me.
    He is an amazing beautiful dog... regal.... simply breathtaking.

These are sad times, find strength in the forever love you are blessed with.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJaddicted wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I'm not surprised people sent you flowers. It's pretty clear that Petey was one of a kind and that people knew what he meant in your life. I wish I could have known him.

I couldn't stop thinking about you yesterday, knowing how much you must be hurting. :(
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    Petey lost his battle with DCM at 12:55am today. I will miss him forever. Rest in Peace my sweet man. 10/27/06-8/14/11

DSC05117.jpg
    Oh my god I am sooooooo sorry to hear this PJ Addicted!! I've grown to love your doggies through your posts and will miss hearing how brave and strong your Petey dog was.. I am such a cry baby right now.. I know you loved him and that he had a very special place in your hearts and in ours as well. He will be gravely missed here. Hugs and Prayers go out to you and your family from me and mine.
  • And P.S. getting flowers when you doggie passes is normal.. well I guess it's normal in my world when both of my guys passed I not only got flowers but peeps from Joplin and as far away as Cali came out to see if I was ok, and to help out..So the people we love know how much we love our doggies. I am just so sad, that Petey like all the other good ones is no longer here to share the days with us..Like Senrock said we are all here for you, whatever you may need we're here..just know I'm crying with you..
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Here is Petey's blog, I've been working on it for a long time, I'm going to have copies printed up for each of my sons. They all loved Petey like a brother.

http://hismerhprincepiere.blogspot.com/
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    PJaddicted wrote:

Even though I'm not posting here very often every time I was checking this thread he was here...it'll be sad not seeing him here...he will be missed here but never forgoten
    and one thing is sure - he must have had an incredible life with you
    Hugs to you
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    Here is Petey's blog, I've been working on it for a long time, I'm going to have copies printed up for each of my sons. They all loved Petey like a brother.

http://hismerhprincepiere.blogspot.com/

OMG. I didnt even make it half way thru the Long Road lyrics and im all teary eyed :cry:
    How does this happen? I dont even know you or your dog!!!! Somehow, I (we all) can feel your pain. RIP Petey. Your momma loved you!!! How's Monty holding up?
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Sophie is 6 months old today :mrgreen:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Petey lost his battle with DCM at 12:55am today. I will miss him forever. Rest in Peace my sweet man. 10/27/06-8/14/11

DSC05117.jpg

:(

So sorry for your loss..such a shame how his life was cut so short

Hang in there
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    PJaddicted,

I am soooo sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved dog and certainly do not wish that kind of pain on anyone...I haven't been around here too much these days, but quite often "lurked" to check in Petey and the other regulars. We think that one of our dogs has a similar condition to Petey, but he's going to be nine and has an awesome life, so we're not going to find out what's going on. He has no stamina and overheats when he runs or we take him for long walks. He doesn't seem to be in pain, but pants extra hard and lies down on the ground (or in a puddle) to cool off only to leap to his feet and run himself ragged. Quite often we'll just keep him on a leash when we head into the woods...Anyway, he has a big sense of humour and is just a silly goof who enjoys his food and rolling on his back in the grass.

But enough about that.

It's cold comfort so soon after the loss of Petey, but from here, it sounds like you gave him the best life possible and you made everyday of his life a special day for him. He was meant to come into your life as much as you were meant to be a part of his. It was clear you appreciated every single moment you had with him, and there's just no doubt he will always be with you.

Please take care...lots of love to you, your family, and Monty...
    be philanthropic
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Happy 6 month Birthday! Sophie :D
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    pandora wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Happy 6 month Birthday! Sophie :D[/quote

+ 1
    :D
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Happy Birthday to Sophie...

I can't even imagine having a 6 month old puppy right now! My 9 year old senior citizen mutt is driving me nuts as it is... :lol:
    drsluggo wrote:
    Happy Birthday to Sophie...

I can't even imagine having a 6 month old puppy right now! My 9 year old senior citizen mutt is driving me nuts as it is... :lol:

My hands are full that is for sure. I forgot what it was like to have a Dalmation puppy. Don't get me wrong, i couldn't be happier to have her, but my legs are sore from running and my arms are sore from playing tug. She even wears out the other dogs she plays with. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world though. I will post a picture of her this weekend, when she takes her 10 minute power nap. :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Here are a few pictures. We went for a trail walk today, i will post those pictures later.

Sporting the POOPER bracelet. She wants to play with it, i mean chew it.
    100_2273-1.jpg

Loves playing with the water :mrgreen:
    100_2264-1.jpg

Likes playing with the ball as well, teaching her how to catch now.
    100_2278-1.jpg

Just as cute as can be... :D
    100_2262-1.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Here are a few pictures. We went for a trail walk today, i will post those pictures later.

Sporting the POOPER bracelet. She wants to play with it, i mean chew it.
    100_2273-1.jpg

Loves playing with the water :mrgreen:
    100_2264-1.jpg

Likes playing with the ball as well, teaching her how to catch now.
    100_2278-1.jpg

Just as cute as can be... :D
    100_2262-1.jpg
    Happy birthday, Sophie!
    Yes, you are just as cute as can be.
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    her 6 month birthday is the same as my {old ass} year birthday :lol:

Happy Birthday, girl! You didn't replace Trixie, but I'm sure you are helping to heal dad's heart :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • AELARA wrote:
    P1040545.jpg

My doggie, Aris!
    It sure looks to be a Blue Heeler mix.. post pics as the little guy gets older and I'll be able to tell more.. On this note all, some very sad sad news from my corner of the doggie world.
    First off I've told everyone here some cute and funny Winston stories, well Winston ran away four days ago, and my poor sister was devastated to find his body on the railroad tracks near her apartment day before yesterday. He was 7 years old and the CUTEST little Blue Heeler Mix, and the SMARTEST doggie ever!! He will be greatly missed by our whole family, especially my sister, who was leaning on him for support after her nasty Divorce this year.
    AND again, just yesterday my Dad and Step-mom had to put their 16 year Daschound Cleo to sleep, due to chronic Discitis(?) took out her entire back-end. This is very common for this breed and we'd done all we could to avoid it, but sometimes, in the end, all you are able to do is not enough. She was put to rest yesterday at 4:15 p.m.. So R.I.P. to both Cleo and Winston.. you will both be severely missed.. So sad here..
    On this note all, some very sad sad news from my corner of the doggie world.
    First off I've told everyone here some cute and funny Winston stories, well Winston ran away four days ago, and my poor sister was devastated to find his body on the railroad tracks near her apartment day before yesterday. He was 7 years old and the CUTEST little Blue Heeler Mix, and the SMARTEST doggie ever!! He will be greatly missed by our whole family, especially my sister, who was leaning on him for support after her nasty Divorce this year.
    AND again, just yesterday my Dad and Step-mom had to put their 16 year Daschound Cleo to sleep, due to chronic Discitis(?) took out her entire back-end. This is very common for this breed and we'd done all we could to avoid it, but sometimes, in the end, all you are able to do is not enough. She was put to rest yesterday at 4:15 p.m.. So R.I.P. to both Cleo and Winston.. you will both be severely missed.. So sad here..

that is absolutely awful about winston :cry: . there's no good way to lose a dog....but yours has to be the worst. I'm really sorry for your loss. you have other dogs, right? I hope so....they'll never replace winston, but maybe they will cushion the blow a little.

and cleo? again, super sad. but 16 years is a good life and she was obviously vey loved.

sad, for sure, in your "corner." we're here for you.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I feel almost guilty posting these, after the news about petey, winston and cleo :cry:

but I took 'em, so here they are:

Photo0256.jpg

Photo0257.jpg

gracie goes off leash at this park. she is never great, when it comes to heeling or whatever, but today she totally had a mind of her own. normally, she will lag and sniff and explore but then come charging back to me. today, my "commands" :roll: of "gracie,come!" fell on deaf ears. I think she just decided to lay down in these two pictures. the little shit. I love her anyway. ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! LOVE the new pics!!!
    :D thanks guys and happy birthday rob!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    imalive wrote:
    I feel almost guilty posting these, after the news about petey, winston and cleo :cry:

but I took 'em, so here they are:

Photo0256.jpg

Photo0257.jpg

gracie goes off leash at this park. she is never great, when it comes to heeling or whatever, but today she totally had a mind of her own. normally, she will lag and sniff and explore but then come charging back to me. today, my "commands" :roll: of "gracie,come!" fell on deaf ears. I think she just decided to lay down in these two pictures. the little shit. I love her anyway. ;)
    As a princess, I totally understand about ignoring commands! :lol:
    Miss Gracie rules. :mrgreen:
    On this note all, some very sad sad news from my corner of the doggie world.
    I'm so sorry. I know they both were dearly loved. A very sad time for your family. :cry:
    It sure looks to be a Blue Heeler mix.. post pics as the little guy gets older and I'll be able to tell more.. On this note all, some very sad sad news from my corner of the doggie world.

I'm feeling the sadness in your corner of the world
    very sorry for the loss of Winston... terribly shocking and painful

Cleo ... love that name
    16 years is a good life but it is so very hard to say goodbye...
    she will be missed so.
    Good thoughts sent to you and your family
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Sorry about Cleo and Winston. It's so sad when we lose our friends.

A year ago today we brought our sweet rescue Brian into our home. I've posted this before - a yard is a very lonely place without a dog in it. Thank you Brian for a great year and I hope we have a fun Gotcha Day. (He's much bigger now, btw.)

CUTEandthenmax-1.jpg
    whispering hands
    So sorry to hear about Cleo and Winston. :(

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Here is from our trail walk yesterday.

Photo01581.jpg

Photo01601.jpg

Photo01641-1.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    whispering hands
    So sorry to hear about Cleo and Winston. :(
    Thank you.. I just got off the phone with my sister.. and she's still heartbroken about her doggie (Winston). And my parents knew that what they were doing for their doggie was the right thing to do. I appreciate all the well wishes.. Has anyone heard how PJ Addicted is doing after losing Petey?