~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hi everyone! Great pictures and updates. I'm still crazy busy...this weekend I'm having a surprise B'day party for my mom. I'm really excited, but it's a lot of work! I wanted to let everyone know...yesterday was Petey Day again....he is now 57 months old!!! :D Each month he lives with DCM is a miracle. He is still enjoying life and I'm loving him to bits!

Glad for you guys. Petey is a stud!!! Hi Monty ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

ZiggyStar wrote:
    Floyd

5987236988_425ae8d71d_o.jpg

Hi Floyd, looking good you are. :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Sophie is doing good, she is 21 weeks old this week. I really wish that i could take her to the river and take some pictures, but it has been to high and running way to fast still for me to chance it. I have been slacking on the photos.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• 11cglr7.jpg

Abbey and Dakota are going buhbye!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    11cglr7.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Failedp!!! You have tooooootally
    Made my effin crazy day!!! I miss Dakota sooooo MUCH!!! And hi Abbey!!! :D thanks a whole lot!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    11cglr7.jpg

great picture of some doggies I don't believe I have seen before. don't be strangers! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    11cglr7.jpg

Thanks for sharing this awesome picture :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• I have to find the pictures of them "watching" AIC unplugged. I will post them this weekend.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    I sure have been missing my Rocket dog.

Lucky for me, my neighbor has Cece to always make me smile.

cece.jpg:D
  • Here is Jasmine. She packed herself so we wouldn't leave her at our friend's cottage :D

junejuly2011099-2.jpg
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
    Here is Jasmine. She packed herself so we wouldn't leave her at our friend's cottage :D

junejuly2011099-2.jpg
    just so you know....this is the best thread on this board! :mrgreen:

welcome!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So i watched Marley & Me for the first time today, guess i still was not ready to see it. :cry:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    So i watched Marley & Me for the first time today, guess i still was not ready to see it. :cry:

I read the book....def won't be watching the movie....too sad.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

we saw just the end long time ago... we cried like babies

very moving movie
    pandora wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

very moving movie
    no way I'm ever watching that :shock:

I've heard of people who took their kids and totally traumatized them :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    pandora wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

very moving movie
    We saw it more than a year after we lost our Pete. We also cried a lot.
    I will say that even though the end is sad the movie itself has a lot of happy and funny moments. If you keep watching after the movie ends they show some outtakes that will make you smile, like a dog peeing on Owen Wilson during what's supposed to be a serious moment. :D

It's a good movie about what it's like to have a dog as part of your family, the happy times and the inevitable goodbye.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Loved Marley and Me, a lovely film.

Yep, cried buckets, but would still recommend it to others.
    Ok.

Now I have to see this movie.

.....our dogs/pets are our connection to nature as well. Its like having a really intuitive human that knows stuff we will never know. I'm know what I'm thinking but I'm not sure I can come up with the words to express it.

I remember once, I was very upset about a sick family member. I had a bit of hard time with it and ended up breaking something because I was so torn apart. Our dog boy Rocket....was shaking. My partner said.."you are scaring the dog." He was so scared of what I was feeling that he went into the bathroom and just laid down to get as far away from the stress as possible.

I feel awful bad about that. I hope that he understood me when I went to him and said, "I'm sorry buddy I'm not mad at you." God knows what abuse he might have encountered before we adopted him. He was a fence jumper the paper said. I think that just meant, wherever he was he was not happy and wanted to get far away....maybe he was just a runner. I don't know.

All I know is that I have been changed by my dog. I never knew about the man/dog relationship as I had cats most of my life. I know this must be a movie for me.

"When we tell our dogs to stay....we mean forever."
    :(
  • ^^ Sort of response to that...

In our old apartment, every time i cooked...could be just a piece of toast in the toaster or even some boiling water... the smoke detector would go off...it was super sensitive. Bugsy hated the sound and got scared when it went off. I learned to take the smoke detector off the wall, BEFORE I started cooking...but Bugsy would always lay on the floor, right in front of the door trembling, and just watch as I was in the kitchen. I'd ask him what was wrong, and he'd look up where the smoke detector was housed near the ceiling, and look back at me.

So, we recently just moved.... my first time cooking indoors, and sure enough, Bugsy lays on the floor trembling, near the dining room table (far enough away - but close enough where he could still watch)...

Needless to say, I didnt set off the smoke detector that time, and Im hoping I dont ever in the new place, and hopefully Bugsy will forget entirely about the whole thing, and won't be so scared of mom's cookin :lol:

Just goes to show that dogs have amazing memories, and the fact that they can so easily forgive is inspiring. Im a grudge holder myself....and I know I should probably work on that :lol::lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

^^^^^^Such great thoughts and all so inspiring.^^^^^^

I love this thread too ... so much love here!

I will always believe Dog.... man's best friend ....was the plan
    and who do we learn the most from but our best friends in this life?

Seeing the end of Marley & Me, I do think I will enjoy watching it all through
    one day. Being prepared for the end there will still be tears
    but joy to for a well lived life.

Saying goodbye to our dog friends is hard but I think I've come to feel they never really leave us .
    Friends for life... our life and what we learn from them we take with us... love
    and so very much more :D
    GROUP HUG! :lol:
    GROUP HUG! :lol:
    I like group hugs! :D:lol:
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    For me there is no mistake that Dog is God spelled backwards. When you welcome dogs into your life they take you to a much higher plane of existence. They change who you are. Each one brings something new and different to your life. That is why I encourage those who have lost a beloved dog to get another, they truly help you heal the loss.

Another good book is Merles Door. It will be coming out as a movie some time in the future.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    For me there is no mistake that Dog is God spelled backwards. When you welcome dogs into your life they take you to a much higher plane of existence. They change who you are. Each one brings something new and different to your life. That is why I encourage those who have lost a beloved dog to get another, they truly help you heal the loss.

Another good book is Merles Door. It will be coming out as a movie some time in the future.
    Oh Yeah this is a great story.. And by the way how is your Petey dog doing these days? Sorry I've been really busy, my Dad has been in and out of the Hospital for a few weeks now.. so forgive my hit and miss entries..But I always wonder how my little Jamily is doing..
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    PJaddicted wrote:

Oh Yeah this is a great story.. And by the way how is your Petey dog doing these days? Sorry I've been really busy, my Dad has been in and out of the Hospital for a few weeks now.. so forgive my hit and miss entries..But I always wonder how my little Jamily is doing..

Thanks for asking. I'm sorry about your dad, what is going on with him? Petey is doing great! We are at month 20 since diagnosis, and we had another Petey Day on July 27th, Mr. Pete is now 57 months old! We went on vacation to Maine and took both dogs, and next week we will be going to Lake George with him too. He is enjoying life to the fullest.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    edited August 2011
    whispering hands, hope your dad is doing better and is ok.

PJaddicted glad to hear Petey had a good time on vacation, Monty as well. And yes getting another puppy does help heal the soul, but i still do miss her so much.

pandora, you are inspiring. Thanks for being you!

twisted thoughts, hopefully Bugsy gets over that!
    Post edited by PJ_ROCKS on

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• :cry: my family had to put our little sister 'Holly' (yellow lab) down december 22nd of 2010. two days before xmas.

i occassionally have dreams where im hugging her... i wake up crying.

i have not been the same since dec 22nd. god i miss that dog

*crying right now as i write this.

(sorry if i became debbie downer...she was the light of our family)
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    :cry: my family had to put our little sister 'Holly' (yellow lab) down december 22nd of 2010. two days before xmas.

I am sorry you lost Holly. :(
    You are NOT being Debbie Downer. You have come to the right place. Many of us in this thread know what it's like to lose a dog that we love so much, one that is a member of the family. It's a unique kind of sadness.

I hope you will return and even post some pictures of her.
    RIP Holly.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    RIP Holly

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• :cry: my family had to put our little sister 'Holly' (yellow lab) down december 22nd of 2010. two days before xmas.

:cry:
    "anniversaries" near the holidays are the hardest! maybe, when your ready to let a new doggie into your life, you could get it around christmastime...to add new, good memories to that time of the year.

whenever someone's spouse dies, and they consider moving on...everyone always says something like, "he would want you to be happy...he would want you to move on and find new love"..... i think dogs are the same way....dont think of it as betrayal...think about it as allowing your old dog to move on too....cuz when you get a new dog in your life, the old one can move on too...and not have to constantly watch over you from doggie heaven...cuz he'll know that you have a new friend to look out for you on this earth :D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...