~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Whispering Hands, i added both Cleo and Winston to the first post. I could not even IMAGINE finding my doggie the way your sister did. Just horrible. Please tell her and your parents we are thinking of them.

If any of my doggie thread frenz are interested in a "special" blanket, please pm me :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    whispering hands
    So sorry to hear about Cleo and Winston. :(

+ 1 :(
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    We just took another photo - before and after, one year later. Shocking.

Happy Gotcha Day.

CUTEandthenmax-2.jpg

photo-11-2.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    Enkidu wrote:

Happy Gotcha Day.

CUTEandthenmax-2.jpg

photo-11-2.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Enkidu wrote:

Happy Gotcha Day.

CUTEandthenmax-2.jpg

photo-11-2.jpg
    Looks like Brian grew into those ears! :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    little Miss Moper:

Photo0260.jpg

poor thing. :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    imalive wrote:
    little Miss Moper:

Photo0260.jpg

Is it just the female Goldens ?

Bailey is so much more active..Chloe loves to just sleep all damn day

:?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    imalive wrote:
    little Miss Moper:

Photo0260.jpg

gracie has two speeds....fired up or sleeping :roll: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Penny's eyes get very red and watery from allergies. She's having a bad summer.

When we first adopted her she resisted all kinds of handling--being brushed, having her nails trimmed, and ESPECIALLY having eye drops put in. Glenn would hold her while I did the drops and she would growl and snap at us. She'd wiggle so much that half the drops missed her eyes.

One day a couple of years ago, I was trying to give her some eye drops by myself and I got irritated because she kept fighting and snapping at me. It was one of the very few times that I've really scolded her.

OMG. After that, she always sits completely still for me to give her eye drops. Then she runs around all happy like she's been released from torture. :lol:

Tonight I was watching TV and saw her scratching at her eyes and rubbing her face on the rug. I said "Do you need some eye drops?" She looked at me and then walked out of the room. I went into where I keep the eye drops and she was already there! When I walked in, she lay down on the floor and wagged her tail. What a smart doggie! I always praise her afterwards but tonight she got a treat too. :mrgreen:
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    I feel sad after reading about Rocket and Petey. I have two male toy poodles aged 14 and 15. They are still in great shape but I know they won't be around forever :(
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    little Miss Moper:

Photo0260.jpg

How about another treat ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    little Miss Moper:

Photo0260.jpg

How about another treat ;)
    she is such a little manipulator when it comes to treats....treats when you leave the house, treats when you return (even if it's a minute later :lol: ), treats for pottying, treats at bedtime. sheesh. of course, I can rarely resist "the look" :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    We are hanging in there, keeping Monty very busy is helping not only him, but me. He loves all the attention, walks and fetch. Thanks for all your thoughts and good vibes, I still can't believe he is gone. He was such a powerful dog that had such presence in our lives. That once in a lifetime heart dog.

The stone is a gift from a Doberman Friend. It is gorgeous.
    661638420_2365717691_0.jpg

This is Petey's final resting spot on our property.
    661638339_2365717427_0.jpg

Monty on one of our first hikes alone, he is having a blast being able to go off lead again, he couldn't for the last few months because of Petey's heart being in such bad shape.
    661040274_2363606091_0.jpg
    661040174_2363605733_0.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    little Miss Moper:

Photo0260.jpg

gracie has two speeds....fired up or sleeping :roll: :lol:

Chloe has 2 speeds awake..and sleeping

:oops: :lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    PJaddicted wrote:
    We are hanging in there, keeping Monty very busy is helping not only him, but me. He loves all the attention, walks and fetch. Thanks for all your thoughts and good vibes, I still can't believe he is gone. He was such a powerful dog that had such presence in our lives. That once in a lifetime heart dog.

What a lovely tribute to Petey.
  • PJaddicted wrote:

Aww... kinda hard to be sad when you see a smiling face like that :)
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Enkidu wrote:

Happy Gotcha Day.

CUTEandthenmax-2.jpg

photo-11-2.jpg
    That's a fantastic side-by-side... that is some quick growth... :lol:

Lots of good doggie pics on here the last few days!
    where the hell has sammi been? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    :D I'm falling in love with this incredibility sweet young boy named Monty! When his breeder sold him to me 14 months ago, she said she felt he would help us get through Petey's death. She could tell he had a healers soul. She was right. He is a cuddle bug and is helping me to keep moving forward. While he is nothing like Petey and could never fill that void, he is making his own place in my heart, now that I'm letting him in. Now that it is all said and done....getting Monty was a great decision.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJaddicted wrote:
    :D I'm falling in love with this incredibility sweet young boy named Monty! When his breeder sold him to me 14 months ago, she said she felt he would help us get through Petey's death. She could tell he had a healers soul. She was right. He is a cuddle bug and is helping me to keep moving forward. While he is nothing like Petey and could never fill that void, he is making his own place in my heart, now that I'm letting him in. Now that it is all said and done....getting Monty was a great decision.

monty's a good boy! :D
  • PJaddicted wrote:

This is Petey's final resting spot on our property.
    661638339_2365717427_0.jpg

Monty on one of our first hikes alone, he is having a blast being able to go off lead again, he couldn't for the last few months because of Petey's heart being in such bad shape.
    I know exactly how you feel, cause if I didn't have Ace to break the fall of Momo I would have straight DIED..It was odd how God put them to pass nearly a year apart. You have gotten Monty tested for this disorder and he's come clean I guess?? If so, you have a good solid set of years left with him!! MY Aunt is an avid Dobie fan, she just lost her boy Apollo to Wobbler's Disorder, it was hard to say good bye, but she went and got another little guy from a Dobie rescue, and named him Wallace, he's a joy to her and her husband since they can't have children, and their female Nigel ( don't ask, I have and have gotten one answer, they didn't name her) seems to know her job is to raise little Wallace and make him a good dog. Maybe when the time is right, the door will open for Monty to do the same thing.. you guys are SUCH awesome=great dog owners and I wish there were more like you out there; as an animal rescue participant, I pray for owners like you to come along with every dog I rescue!! Keep hugging Monty and it will all be ok!!
    WH. Thank you for that post. For now Monty won't be tested for DCM. Petey tested negative for the only known gene that causes it, so there has to be at least another one, his blood is being used to help find it. The only other way to screen for the onset of DCM is to do a 24 hour holter monitor and then if there are problems, follow up with an echo-cardiogram. Both l very expensive tests, done by a canine cardiologist. Our cardiologist was a 2 hour drive each way. Petey was on 7 different medications that cost us about $300 a month, vet bills for the 20 months of DCM were around $6000. His brother who was never diagnosed with DCM died from it only 6 weeks before Petey. Petey also showed signs of Wobblers back 6 months ago. Poor boy was the most gorgeous Dobe and had the worst health. I won't get another Dobe, DCM can show up in any line of Dobes, 60% will get it in their lifetime.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:

I am so happy to read this, thanks for sharing.

I remember that day(post) when you were thinking about getting Monty, you were not sure about getting him. Some of us said, get him! Then you showed us the picture of the puppy, and i just had a feeling you would get him. Next thing we all know, you made up your mind to get him! :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJaddicted wrote:
    This really touched my heart. I can remember the sadness we've experienced losing one of our dogs and though every one of them has been irreplaceable somehow another dog came through and brightened our lives. Dogs are amazing. They ask for so little and give us so much.
    The last couple of days were so hard, filled with tears and sadness and today, I'm feeling pretty good. Monty and I did a 2.5 hour hike. We had a great time. I think he is going to become a great dog. It was the right decision to get him, my heart was right and you all helped me to make that decision. Thank you.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Bubba was 7 yesterday :D She got to run the house for the day. Sleeping on the lounge, sleeping on the bed, lots of treats and scratches :mrgreen:

64af65b4.jpg

Monty's a good boy!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    I just watched this video today and I found it really cute.
    http://www.adespoto.tv/watch_video.php?v=28b9f1e02f52e5f
    I am mine!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    imalive wrote:
    where the hell has sammi been? :?
    still hangin' around, spooning stairs.
    sammispoon.jpg
    we have been busy lately... or at least i have. these days sammi just lounges around with the family while I'm at one of my million jobs. finally am stopping by the doggie thread and catching up on the bad news that's floating around. so sorry to hear of cleo, winston, and of course petey. Petey definitely was an alpha dog around here! :( :( best wishes to you guys going through such a hard time. hang in there.

as for you rob, I hope you're doing well and that gracie is taking good care of you!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Enkidu wrote:

Happy Gotcha Day.

CUTEandthenmax-2.jpg

photo-11-2.jpg
    loooooooooove this
    what a cutie i love german shepherds!!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    PJaddicted wrote:

Honestly, that is so lovely to hear :D