~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    sad news....my sister-in-law's (April, another hardcore PJ fan) doggie had to be put down yesterday :cry: . His name was Cooper and he was a good old boy.

IMG_0057.jpg

Cooper was 14 years old. He had an interesting beginning....he started out in southern utah (bryce canyon)...a rancher had a litter of puppies he didn't want so, in order to get rid of them, he had a "puppy chase." this is where you let them all go and kids chase them and get to keep the one they catch :wtf: . well, Cooper got caught by some kid on vacation from arkansas. when the family found out how much it was going to cost to ship cooper back home, they no longer wanted him :cry: . so, the rancher was going to drown cooper in the river :shock: . another girl took him but couldn't really care for him so he spent the summer of 1997 in a barn (for this, he was not initially a very "social" dog....but he eventually came out of his shell). the girl then came home to salt lake with the dog but mom and dad said "no." here's where April stepped in and saved the day :mrgreen:

back in 1997, cooper had a sister....a basset named scarlett. he also met our two year old Shelby. he also was in charge of April's cat, Jerry. All those guys have since passed on :cry: but cooper always loved them all. back in the day, cooper had the hots for shelby but she never really succumbed to his charms :lol: . she said, "let's just be friends." Then Gracie came along and she loved cooper....but by now (3 years ago), cooper was no longer the romeo he had once been :lol: . Gracie first met coop when she was 13 weeks old....she would give him kisses and cooper would herd her away from the NEW cat, Captain.

It's very sad to see coop go, but it was time. he had a good run and lived the cushy life....he fell into a bed of roses. he was a mutt all the way, but definitely had some cow dog in him which caused him to herd kids and other dogs. He answered to a lot of names....cooper, coop, coopy, coopy do, coop the poop, coopy doopy do and, of course, cooper no :lol: . I get a little teary thinking of him...he wasn't my dog but I spent a lot of time with him and he was a sweet boy.

RIP Coop.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Aww. Nice story.
    RIP Cooper
    You were loved.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    imalive wrote:
    sad news....my sister-in-law's (April, another hardcore PJ fan) doggie had to be put down yesterday :cry: . His name was Cooper and he was a good old boy.

IMG_0057.jpg

Cooper was 14 years old. He had an interesting beginning....he started out in southern utah (bryce canyon)...a rancher had a litter of puppies he didn't want so, in order to get rid of them, he had a "puppy chase." this is where you let them all go and kids chase them and get to keep the one they catch :wtf: . well, Cooper got caught by some kid on vacation from arkansas. when the family found out how much it was going to cost to ship cooper back home, they no longer wanted him :cry: . so, the rancher was going to drown cooper in the river :shock: . another girl took him but couldn't really care for him so he spent the summer of 1997 in a barn (for this, he was not initially a very "social" dog....but he eventually came out of his shell). the girl then came home to salt lake with the dog but mom and dad said "no." here's where April stepped in and saved the day :mrgreen:

back in 1997, cooper had a sister....a basset named scarlett. he also met our two year old Shelby. he also was in charge of April's cat, Jerry. All those guys have since passed on :cry: but cooper always loved them all. back in the day, cooper had the hots for shelby but she never really succumbed to his charms :lol: . she said, "let's just be friends." Then Gracie came along and she loved cooper....but by now (3 years ago), cooper was no longer the romeo he had once been :lol: . Gracie first met coop when she was 13 weeks old....she would give him kisses and cooper would herd her away from the NEW cat, Captain.

It's very sad to see coop go, but it was time. he had a good run and lived the cushy life....he fell into a bed of roses. he was a mutt all the way, but definitely had some cow dog in him which caused him to herd kids and other dogs. He answered to a lot of names....cooper, coop, coopy, coopy do, coop the poop, coopy doopy do and, of course, cooper no :lol: . I get a little teary thinking of him...he wasn't my dog but I spent a lot of time with him and he was a sweet boy.

RIP Coop.
    Rob your story made my day .. made me cry and made me think of Charlie.
    Though he's not out of our minds much yet.

Coop the Poop ... like it!
    Charlie was Charlie Macgruder no good rotten poop shooter... kind of long I guess :lol:

Bless Cooper, he is lovely and bless you for your beautiful heart
    please pass along to April I'm sorry I know how hard it is to say goodbye but maybe we don't really have to.
    Sometimes it still feels, in the middle of the night when I wake,
    Charlie is sleeping peacefully in my arms.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Wonderful story, Rob. He looks like he was a real sweet boy.
    RIP Coop, it sounds like you overcame a lot and had a great life with people who loved you dearly.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I finally get to post in this thread! My hubby got me a dog for my birthday - he's a Maltese/Shih Tzu mix and a year old. We got him from a family that had two dogs and just couldn't take care of them both so they gave him to us! We love him dearly! This is my first dog so I appreciate any tips!
    this thread is all about PICTURES!! ;):mrgreen:

Sorry, all my files are too big! I'll post again when I can figure it out...
    just "tell" photobucket to upload them no bigger than 640x480. or is it 480x640 :? ? at any rate, no higher than 480.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    imalive wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    this thread is all about PICTURES!! ;):mrgreen:

Sorry, all my files are too big! I'll post again when I can figure it out...
    just "tell" photobucket to upload them no bigger than 640x480. or is it 480x640 :? ? at any rate, no higher than 480.

no idea what you're talking about
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,742
    Latest in Cleo news. We've recently moved in with my girlfriend.

The positive is she now has a playmate in Grommit(yorkie mix ,an annoying little shit who wont leave me be!!! :mrgreen: )

The negative.

Stressed with the new environment and has reverted to eating my girlfriends underwear (we've since taken steps to deny access). AT first it was just shredding them. Then she swallowed and then threw them up.(not fun to clean up). She quickly graduated to keeping them down, rough weekend until parts of that pair she ate passed(thankfully , back to her perky jovial self). I think once I get the doggie doors installed, allowing her to go out when she pleases will help with this anxiety
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    imalive wrote:

Thanks! Here he is, pinning Hogan for the count out!

Anthony-1-1.jpg
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    chloe the killer!
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=163015
    :o
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Rob, that is a REALLY sadd story. :cry: Good that he got rescued. But sadd the way it began. Coop has been added to first post! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Thanks! Here he is, pinning Hogan for the count out!

Anthony-1-1.jpg
    down goes the Hulk! down goes the Hulk! :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    imalive wrote:

IMG_0057.jpg

RIP Coop.

Your telling of Cooper's tale is great. :)

Sorry to hear about Cooper. I only met him once (when he pissed on your carpet :lol: ), but he was a very sweet dog.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

Sorry to hear about Cooper. I only met him once (when he pissed on your carpet :lol: ), but he was a very sweet dog.
    these things happen when you get older :shifty:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

these things happen when you get older :shifty:
    A part of me looks forward to old age. :lol:8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    chloe may be the real killer, but igby likes to look the part of bad-ass dog.....;)

sittinback0711.jpg

overhead0711.jpg

iggyface0711.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    chloe may be the real killer, but igby likes to look the part of bad-ass dog.....;)

sittinback0711.jpg

overhead0711.jpg

iggyface0711.jpg

jimmy cagney :P
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Thank you all for your support during the last 19 months since Petey's diagnosis. We are leaving today for a 10 day trip to Arcadia National Park with both dogs and only 1 human child. Petey is really starting to show signs of his disease, he is very tired, sleeps a lot and over heats very easily. This trip is for him. I rented a dog friendly cottage on the ocean. Have a great week everyone.

DSC04913.jpg
    DSC04906.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Thank you all for your support during the last 19 months since Petey's diagnosis. We are leaving today for a 10 day trip to Arcadia National Park with both dogs and only 1 human child. Petey is really starting to show signs of his disease, he is very tired, sleeps a lot and over heats very easily. This trip is for him. I rented a dog friendly cottage on the ocean. Have a great week everyone.

Have a great time...ALL of you! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

agreed!
    a vacation for the dog - now that's LOVE!
    hope it's wonderful for you all.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

imalive wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

A special trip for Petey. Sounds wonderful. :thumbup:

DSC04906.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC04913.jpg
    DSC04906.jpg
    Wonderful memories to cherish forever...
    I'm selfishly looking forward to the beautiful pics I hope to see :D

Have a most wonderful time

safe travels ... enjoy!
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC04913.jpg
    DSC04906.jpg

I really really like that second picture.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Sophie lost her first tooth today.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

awww sweet.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    I remember that phase. Pretty soon you'll be finding little teeth where you least expect to. :D
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    imalive wrote:

IMG_0057.jpg

RIP Coop.
    That story seriously made me smile... So gracie likes the older guys eh??!! How adorable...
    So sad to hear the news that he's gone, but it sounds like your sister in law gave him an amazing life.

BTW, who drowns a puppy in a river?!?!?!?!? Jeeeesus.
    Thank goodness for people like your sister in law!!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    PJaddicted - hope you all have a great time especially Petey :)
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    imalive wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

agreed!
    a vacation for the dog - now that's LOVE!
    hope it's wonderful for you all.
    Believe it or not, they actually KNOW that the vacation is for them.. at least my boys knew, they each went on one last trip before each passed away. For Momo, who loved to go on road trips in the van, we took one last road trip down to Joplin for a few days to let him revisit all his doggie friends there, and his kitty friend as well. And for Ace we went on a week long camping trip that allowed him to "fish" in the Missouri River. He loved to do this.. so it was nice to do this for them.. Petey will realize what you're doing for him.. and as if it were even possible, will love you even more.. my prayers go out to you and your family..
    got to see both Norms this weekend! :mrgreen:

the little one is so cute.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12