~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    i swear, this thread is makin' me sadd for all the losses yet gladd for all the 'kidz' still remaining in our lives. Trixxxie, its just one of those things. Like PJaddicted said 'when its your time its your time'. I think for all of us here what would be worse is if you didnt even CARE!!! THEN i think we'd ALL come lookin for you! Its very difficult losing doggies man, VERY.

And cutback, norm is SO freakin photogenic!!! he looks happy in every picture! :D Im gladd this thread is still here. It means alot to me these days becuz when all else fails, theres ALWAYS my doggie.....and yours. I cant bring myself to share the story just yet but one of these days i will....

in the meantime, heres a picture i LOVE of my SURFER. I hadd just given him a doggie bath and i walked inside the office of my shop and SURFER was wimpering looking for me. I walk to the back door and see this and smiled SO big that i cried cuz i love my prince!!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/eyebrows.jpg

Thank you guys SOOOOO much for keeping this thread here.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i swear, this thread is makin' me sadd for all the losses yet gladd for all the 'kidz' still remaining in our lives. Trixxxie, its just one of those things. Like PJaddicted said 'when its your time its your time'. I think for all of us here what would be worse is if you didnt even CARE!!! THEN i think we'd ALL come lookin for you! Its very difficult losing doggies man, VERY.

And cutback, norm is SO freakin photogenic!!! he looks happy in every picture! :D Im gladd this thread is still here. It means alot to me these days becuz when all else fails, theres ALWAYS my doggie.....and yours. I cant bring myself to share the story just yet but one of these days i will....

in the meantime, heres a picture i LOVE of my SURFER. I hadd just given him a doggie bath and i walked inside the office of my shop and SURFER was wimpering looking for me. I walk to the back door and see this and smiled SO big that i cried cuz i love my prince!!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/eyebrows.jpg

Thank you guys SOOOOO much for keeping this thread here.

This thread will never go away.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    This thread will never go away.

Nope this thread is going no where! My puppy makes every single day happy for me. No matter what is going on, he is always in a good mood looking for some fun. I don't ever want to live with out a dog again. Having one is the greatest gift you can give yourself. I miss my other boys so much, but Petey had filled the holes in my heart and just made me grateful to have the chance to own him.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    as long as i have a camera....

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/DSC02666-1.jpg

this thread will never die....:)
    cutback wrote:

THANK GOD!!!

i love seeing all the doggie pics. it makes me smile :) thanks kidz!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    cutback wrote:

Norm!!
    be philanthropic
    heres my prince doggie on my blankets while i was getting reddie to go out....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/surf1.jpg

SENROCK! wrote:
    heres my prince doggie on my blankets while i was getting reddie to go out....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/surf1.jpg

He is just too cute!

I just came in from running my sweet Petey. He knows how to brighten my worst moods!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    He is just too cute!

I just came in from running my sweet Petey. He knows how to brighten my worst moods!

oxc

doggies ALWAYS know how to brighten ANY mood!!!! :D

• I might as well add a few pics :)

Our 2 year old Wheaten Terrier - her name is Riley (after Baba O'Riley)

Riley and Me
    Incoming Fluffball
    Flying Surf Dog!
    Chillin' at the beach
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    I might as well add a few pics :)

Our 2 year old Wheaten Terrier - her name is Riley (after Baba O'Riley)

Riley and Me
    Incoming Fluffball
    Flying Surf Dog!
    Chillin' at the beach

oh my GOOOOOODNESS the beach pics are my FAVE!!!!! that doggie is GREAT!

• sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    cutback wrote:

norm looks great there, like he is hunting quail or duck or something.
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    here's kane and sophie on lake pend oreille:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/dustinrief/of50590442.jpg
    here's kane and sophie on lake pend oreille:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/dustinrief/of50590442.jpg

awwwwww were they watching doggie cartoons?????

WHEN I GOT MY NEW DOG:
    I asked for strength that I might rear him perfectly;
    I was given weakness that I might be more understanding.
    I asked for good health that I might rest easy;
    I was given a "special needs" dog that I might know nurturing.
    I asked for an obedient dog that I might feel proud;
    I was given stubbornness that I might feel humble.
    I asked for compliance that I might feel masterful;
    I was given a clown that I might laugh.
    I asked for a companion that I might not feel lonely;
    I was given a best friend that I would feel loved.
    I got nothing I asked for, But everything that I needed.

Author unknown
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    WHEN I GOT MY NEW DOG:
    I asked for strength that I might rear him perfectly;
    I was given weakness that I might be more understanding.
    I asked for good health that I might rest easy;
    I was given a "special needs" dog that I might know nurturing.
    I asked for an obedient dog that I might feel proud;
    I was given stubbornness that I might feel humble.
    I asked for compliance that I might feel masterful;
    I was given a clown that I might laugh.
    I asked for a companion that I might not feel lonely;
    I was given a best friend that I would feel loved.
    I got nothing I asked for, But everything that I needed.

Author unknown

i love that!

my picture links got all messed so here is a new one of my prince!
    as i said previously, this is SURF enjoying the SURF in huntington beach at the US OPEN of surfing!!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/SURFER/huntington4.jpg

• ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Ron Mexico!!!!
    wishlistfoundation.org
    ^^Hey there ECM!!!

Great read for dog lovers....

Merles Door
    By Ted Kerasote

Made me look at how I treat my sweetie Petey!

Sen your pup looks a little like Merle in the book!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I can now join the doggie thread! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    PICTURES PLEASE!!!!

oxc

I'll go you one better! Here's his thread! :D With pics and his very own theme song! :D

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=254513
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:

yes you can! welcome!!! :) when i saw your thread i was gonna ask you to post pictures in here of lukin!

SENROCK! wrote:
    yes you can! welcome!!! :) when i saw your thread i was gonna ask you to post pictures in here of lukin!

Thanks! :) I've been busting to join this thread for months but no doggie was a bit of a problem! ;) Anyway, I'm quite sure he's going to be a highly photographed dog! So I'm sure there'll be more to add at a later date!
    And not that I really want to trawl through all the pages of this thread but do you know if there's any dog food recipes in there sen? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Thanks! :) I've been busting to join this thread for months but no doggie was a bit of a problem! ;) Anyway, I'm quite sure he's going to be a highly photographed dog! So I'm sure there'll be more to add at a later date!
    And not that I really want to trawl through all the pages of this thread but do you know if there's any dog food recipes in there sen? :)

dog food recipes. hmmmm.......thats a new one. i do not recall seeing anything like that up in here. thats a good idea though. i USED to have a recipe for doggie treats! :D

p.s-for further reference, ANYONE can join this thread even if you dont HAVE a doggie. as long as you are crazy about them....you are welcome here! :)

i found this for you jeanie....

http://www.i-love-dogs.com/dog-food-recipes.html

i love it. i think im gonna paste the link onto the first page in this thread incase anyone needs it.....

SENROCK! wrote:
    dog food recipes. hmmmm.......thats a new one. i do not recall seeing anything like that up in here. thats a good idea though. i USED to have a recipe for doggie treats! :D

p.s-for further reference, ANYONE can join this thread even if you dont HAVE a doggie. as long as you are crazy about them....you are welcome here! :)

Yeah, been looking but not doing very well but I see you've posted a link! Thank you! :) He's been a bit fussy. But I expect that's because it's all been a big couple of weeks for him. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i found this for you jeanie....

http://www.i-love-dogs.com/dog-food-recipes.html

i love it. i think im gonna paste the link onto the first page in this thread incase anyone needs it.....

AWESOME!! Thanks sen! :) I really want to make him some stuff that I can freeze so that there's something a bit different to endless canned food and kibble. :eek: I mean I don't like the look of some of that stuff! You gotta wonder what's in it. And he's not liked the two kinds of kibble and the 5 kinds of canned food I've tried him on so far. :rolleyes: I've had a bit of luck with the pet mince from the supermarket but it's pretty expensive so a few options is a good thing I think. Of course he's on boiled rice and boiled chicken for a few days till this heinous upset tummy business goes away! I'm dreading going in to the laundry in the morning to see what awaits me! :eek:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie....he is just a total beauty! Enjoy him, seems like he might be your soul dog! My Petey is very picky eater, and with all the bad press about dog food, I no longer feed him any. He is fed Raw meat, and for treats, chicken jerky, and some other grain free treats. He is doing fantastic on his diet. He is 9 months old and 90+ pounds already. If Raw is a little too much for you, and you are sticking with kibble, add some goodies to it, like a good quality canned food or some cooked hamburger or chicken. Make meal time fun, who would want to just eat kibble for their entire life. I liken it to eating nothing but grape-nuts for us!!!

Enjoy him and welcome to the thread!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Jeanie....he is just a total beauty! Enjoy him, seems like he might be your soul dog! My Petey is very picky eater, and with all the bad press about dog food, I no longer feed him any. He is fed Raw meat, and for treats, chicken jerky, and some other grain free treats. He is doing fantastic on his diet. He is 9 months old and 90+ pounds already. If Raw is a little too much for you, and you are sticking with kibble, add some goodies to it, like a good quality canned food or some cooked hamburger or chicken. Make meal time fun, who would want to just eat kibble for their entire life. I liken it to eating nothing but grape-nuts for us!!!

Enjoy him and welcome to the thread!

oxc

Yeah, he's pretty lovely isn't he? :) And such a beautiful temperament!
    Likes a bit of fun, and loves to snuggle. He was so good today at the vet. I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd nipped me with all that stuff going on but he didn't. He was very brave. We just kinda clicked from the minute he showed up. And he's great with people. Always wanting to say hello. And gentle with the assorted kids so far. I'm pretty happy he showed up that's for sure! The pics don't really do him justice. He has the sweetest face and the most beautiful eyes. Looks right in to your soul I reckon.
    Have you tried Petey on those pigs ears? :eek: Or the Liver Treats? I was just wondering because I've seen a lot of those this week, disgusting looking things that they are, but I wondered if dogs eat a lot of them now. It's been such a long time since I had one, so much new stuff on the market. I mean you should have seen me today trying to work out how to put on the doggie harness and clip him in to the car! :o
    Oh and do you give Petey raw egg? A few people have mentioned it. Reckon I should mix it in his food. I'm just wondering how unpleasant he'd be a few hours later from a wind point of view.
    I'm glad to hear that you aren't a fan of commercial dog food. I really worry about the stuff because a lot of it appears to be made in Europe and it's not like they haven't had their share of Mad Cow scares and other stuff. I shudder to think what's in some of it!

Oh and thanks for the welcome. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    PJa youre CRAZY!!! hahaha you give petey raw meat???!!! :eek: oh man. heres the thing. its not ANY offense to YOU. i dont eat meat so i always told my frenz and fam that surfer does NOT like meat EITHER!!! hahaha everytime we'd have barbecues or somn, somehow he'd end up with a rib or a steak! i would get so pissed. recently, i hadd a 'party' at my house and it was 3am and we were barbecuing. i walk in the house to get more drinks and when i walk out, gotzid says 'hey sen, surf loves chicken and steak doesnt he!' i was like WHAT THE HELL?! NOOOOOOOOOO HE DOESNT LIKE CHICKEN AND STEAK!!! HE'S VEGETARIAN!!!! :eek: he just looks at me and laughs cuz apparently surf swallowed that stuff immediately! haha seeing your post of how u give petey raw meat....it totally grossed me out! i just got a mental picture! :D but hey, whatever makes the kidz happy right? ;)