~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• gotz idgotz id Posts: 125
    SENROCK! wrote:
    so i just wanted to come in here and tell you all that i hadd a really good morning with SURF!!! I hadd a late night last night with some people and i kept thinking of getting back just to be with my doggie! It was 5am and he was sitting there waiting for me. awwww i slept an hour then took him with me to do laundry and go for a drive just like we used to! it made my day AND his! Its been years since i took him to that spot where we used to go. He was being friendly to people and sticking his doggie head out the window as i drove. it was GREAT. Im SOOOOO happy that i have my prince back. Thank you guys in here for the doggie love this thread holds!!! :)

You need to keep it that way Sen. Don't allow yourself to be his human again, just let him be your dog.
    I wish I was the 10Club holiday single, the one that never showed up...

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    gotz id wrote:
    You need to keep it that way Sen. Don't allow yourself to be hus human again, just let him be your dog.

dude u crack me up. I was just telling hooker that i THINK you and i were on the phone at 4am discussing this matter!!! hahahaha
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm asleep at my feet.....nothin' better....:D:D:D
    cutback wrote:
    norm asleep at my feet.....nothin' better....:D:D:D

Oh my GOD I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!! Isnt that the greatest when they do that???? awwwwww

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Hi Sen.....hope you are doing ok.

Here is Petey and his blankie, all 87# of him...9 months old on Friday!

DSC09101.jpg

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC09101.jpg

oxc

he's huuuge!!! he looks very happy chewing his blankie...;)......here's norm enjoying the great outdoors....:):)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/DSC02666-1.jpg
    cutback wrote:
    he's huuuge!!! he looks very happy chewing his blankie...;)......here's norm enjoying the great outdoors....:):)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/Norm/DSC02666-1.jpg

Actually he is sucking on it!!! Has done this since day one, every time he tries to fall asleep.

That is one GREAT PHOTO OF NORM!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    Today my beautiful boy Mason would have been 7. He was the sweetest dog to ever live, and I was blessed to share his short life.

Letchworth20060012.jpg

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • I type this with such a heavy heart. I had to put down my beautiful little girl, brandy. she was/is 15 and the last 2 years havent been so kind to her. she became about 80% blind 95% deaf and was losing bladder control. her little legs didnt work so well either. she was sleeping 21-22 hours out of the day and it was time. her life wasnt the same and each day you could just see her decline. i felt i owed it to her to send her off peacefully before she got even worse.
    she sometimes suffered asthma attacks and i just couldnt bare the thought of her dying grasping for air. she was put down friday and i miss her more than words can express. i hope i did the right thing, i hope i didnt end her life before her time. she gave us her everything and i can only hope i did right by her. and i pray to god i see her again. she was the sweetest dog ever.
    pj addicted, i'm sorry for masons loss. i know he watches over you still on the rainbow bridge. maybe he and brandy are playing together.
    I type this with such a heavy heart. I had to put down my beautiful little girl, brandy. she was/is 15 and the last 2 years havent been so kind to her. she became about 80% blind 95% deaf and was losing bladder control. her little legs didnt work so well either. she was sleeping 21-22 hours out of the day and it was time. her life wasnt the same and each day you could just see her decline. i felt i owed it to her to send her off peacefully before she got even worse.
    she sometimes suffered asthma attacks and i just couldnt bare the thought of her dying grasping for air. she was put down friday and i miss her more than words can express. i hope i did the right thing, i hope i didnt end her life before her time. she gave us her everything and i can only hope i did right by her. and i pray to god i see her again. she was the sweetest dog ever.
    pj addicted, i'm sorry for masons loss. i know he watches over you still on the rainbow bridge. maybe he and brandy are playing together.

there is absolutely NOTHING more heart breaking, body numbing, mind losing, soul emptying, than having to put down or losing your doggie. NOTHING. Theres some great doggies up at rainbow bridge~

PJaddicted wrote:

DSC09101.jpg

oxc

hi! im ayight. heres a picture of SURFER enjoying the SURF at Huntington Beach during the US OPEN OF SURFING!!! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/huntington3.jpg

I type this with such a heavy heart. I had to put down my beautiful little girl, brandy. she was/is 15 and the last 2 years havent been so kind to her. she became about 80% blind 95% deaf and was losing bladder control. her little legs didnt work so well either. she was sleeping 21-22 hours out of the day and it was time. her life wasnt the same and each day you could just see her decline. i felt i owed it to her to send her off peacefully before she got even worse.

Thank you, and I am just soooo sorry for your loss. Petloss.com can help if your are feeling really bad. I went there when I had Uno put down and then 3 months later lost Mason. My Petey keeps me very busy, and added such job to my life. I am very thankful I got him!

Love to you. Take care of yourself.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    heres my prince during our lunch at laguna beach....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SENROCK04/diamond3-1.jpg

• THCTHC Posts: 525
    I recommend a new thing i've been saying to my roomate's dog lately...its quite fun.

call the dog "Lad"....

you can come home and be like....
    "Oh...look at the little lad"....

or better yet...

"Who's my special little lad?"

:)

both are great to say...and I recommend this to all.... :p
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    Thank you, and I am just soooo sorry for your loss. Petloss.com can help if your are feeling really bad. I went there when I had Uno put down and then 3 months later lost Mason. My Petey keeps me very busy, and added such job to my life. I am very thankful I got him!

Love to you. Take care of yourself.

oxc

Thanks for the kind words and advice(you to senrock). petloss.com is very inspirational, thank you. the hurt never goes away but im doing better.
    all your pictures of your furry friends help too, its good to know there are so many kind hearts in the world.
    Thanks for the kind words and advice(you to senrock). petloss.com is very inspirational, thank you. the hurt never goes away but im doing better.
    all your pictures of your furry friends help too, its good to know there are so many kind hearts in the world.

You are so right the pain of loss never goes away....it just softens over time. You will feel better, but in your own time. There will be a day that you can smile again at the sweet memories of you precious baby!

Stay well.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    This is Larry. We had adopted him from New Orleans last October. He had been found tied to a stop sign. He was the sweetest dog ever.
    The day I was taking the holiday cards to the post office, I let him outside and went to look for Holden to put him in the car with the cards.
    When I went outside, Larry was gone. I searched and called. I found him on the road. He had been killed by a UPS truck. My heart was broken and still hurts with guilt for him everyday.
    I hope this will help alleviate a little of the pain I feel everyday.
    Please don't be mad at me or lecture me. I know I am at fault. :(

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/TrixieCat_album/IMG_6196.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/TrixieCat_album/IMG_6316.jpg

This was the holiday card that never went out:
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/TrixieCat_album/IMG_6347.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/TrixieCat_album/IMG_6375.jpg
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    This is Larry. We had adopted him from New Orleans last October. He had been found tied to a stop sign. He was the sweetest dog ever.
    The day I was taking the holiday cards to the post office, I let him outside and went to look for Holden to put him in the car with the cards.
    When I went outside, Larry was gone. I searched and called. I found him on the road. He had been killed by a UPS truck. My heart was broken and still hurts with guilt for him everyday.
    I hope this will help alleviate a little of the pain I feel everyday.
    Please don't be mad at me or lecture me. I know I am at fault. :(

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/TrixieCat_album/IMG_6196.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/TrixieCat_album/IMG_6316.jpg

This was the holiday card that never went out:
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/TrixieCat_album/IMG_6347.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/TrixieCat_album/IMG_6375.jpg

you're making me cry tc...:(......he was beautiful.....and don't beat yourself up.....it wasn't your fault...shit happens.....at least you gave him a few more months of life......
    cutback wrote:
    you're making me cry tc...:(......he was beautiful.....and don't beat yourself up.....it wasn't your fault...shit happens.....at least you gave him a few more months of life......
    I'm sorry... I am too. I am so sad. That day I remember him at my feet every second. Like he was saying to me, "Please don't let me out of your sight Mommy". It breaks my heart. I loved him so much and he made everyone happy.
    When we would go to the park, he was the sweetest thing. Didn't confront anyone.
    We had a picnic a few weeks ago and I finally explained to friends of ours what had happened. I felt so guilty. Stilll do.
    Thank you for your kind words. I don't mean to bring anyone down. :(
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    Trixie sorry to hear about your loss :(.....Larry was a beautiful dog and looked very playful!....Chocolate Labs are my favorite type of dog I hope to own one that looks just like Larry one day :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Trixie sorry to hear about your loss :(.....Larry was a beautiful dog and looked very playful!....Chocolate Labs are my favorite type of dog I hope to own one that looks just like Larry one day :)
    Thank you. I am so sorry to anyone that has the pleasure to share a home with one. I truly am.
    We got him from LabRescue through PetFinder. Apparently labs are not a popular breed in the South. No offense to anyone down there.
    His ears were so soft.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I'm sorry... I am too. I am so sad. That day I remember him at my feet every second. Like he was saying to me, "Please don't let me out of your sight Mommy". It breaks my heart. I loved him so much and he made everyone happy.
    When we would go to the park, he was the sweetest thing. Didn't confront anyone.
    We had a picnic a few weeks ago and I finally explained to friends of ours what had happened. I felt so guilty. Stilll do.

ah tc you're not bring anyone down...it was an accident.....he left this world knowing people loved him and i don't think larry would want you to feel bad......and i just talked to norm and he says it's ok and want to give you a big hug...:o:)
    cutback wrote:
    ah tc you're not bring anyone down...it was an accident.....he left this world knowing people loved him and i don't think larry would want you to feel bad......and i just talked to norm and he says it's ok and want to give you a big hug...:o:)
    Aw...thank you. That was very sweet and much appreciated. :)
    Remember when I told you I loved when people named their pets with people names? :)
    Larry came with that name. It totally fit.
    TrixieCat wrote:

Sweetie....stuff happens, and my dad always had a saying...when it's your time, it's your time, can't change it! He died two years ago suddenly. I lost two dogs, they were running loose outside our house, we never found them or knew what happened to them. Seached everywhere for months, nothing....you have to let go of these things, forgive yourself...and adopt another needy animal! You can give someone else a wonderful home.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Sweetie....stuff happens, and my dad always had a saying...when it's your time, it's your time, can't change it! He died two years ago suddenly. I lost two dogs, they were running loose outside our house, we never found them or knew what happened to them. Seached everywhere for months, nothing....you have to let go of these things, forgive yourself...and adopt another needy animal! You can give someone else a wonderful home.

oxc
    Thank you so much for your kind words.
    I am so sorry for your loss, as well.
    Peace to you.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Thank you so much for your kind words.
    I am so sorry for your loss, as well.
    Peace to you.

Now do the right thing.... Petfinders.com and type in Lab! Another sweetheart is waiting for a wonderful home like yours. And your little boy needs a dog!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Now do the right thing.... Petfinders.com and type in Lab! Another sweetheart is waiting for a wonderful home like yours. And your little boy needs a dog!

oxc
    I am not sure they will let me have another one...:(
    But thank you. I am thinking I will. We were going to have a baby and decided not to get another dog, but now might be a good time.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am not sure they will let me have another one...:(
    But thank you. I am thinking I will. We were going to have a baby and decided not to get another dog, but now might be a good time.

I didn't have dogs while my kids were babies. But when my 4th son was 3 and went into nursary school....I got one that September! I've adopted 3 since then, and lost all of them in the last 2 years. On January 12th 2007 I got my puppy Petey! My kids are older now, so he is the "baby" of the family. You have plenty of time to get another dog, and you should when you are ready! Petfinders will give you a dog, it's all different people, not just rescues. I got my Mason from a person who was hooked up with a Rescue, but I delt with him directly because the dog was still in his home.

oxc

Latest Petey~9 months old!

DSC09105.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown