~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Love Gracie's booties! She is so pretty, posing in the snow, thinking, "I think I'll go home and upchuck sticks in the living room. Yup, definitely put that on the agenda for the day."
    "I'll make extra sure to barf on the rug, not the hardwood floor."
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Unoffocial results just posted... Tessie (dark dog in signature line) is #16 and Sailor (happy Lab) is #32 in the US/Canada in agility (the venue we compete in) for 2010. :D

Imagine how well they would do if they had a competent handler!

Sweet Pea, the coonhound and reluctant participant, didn't even make the top 200 as 105 points for the year aren't enough to make any of the "good" lists. But she'd be Top 50 if the list was the Dogs Most Amusing To Watch.
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    imalive wrote:
    12 degrees at the park this morning :shock:

gracie has become obsessed with sticks. she spots them a mile away, eats them and then goes home to barf :roll:

Photo0203.jpg

Photo0205.jpg

she is getting a little more used to her booties :mrgreen:

GRACIE!!!!!!!!!!! I miss seeing your pictures!!!!! Hi Rob! :wave:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    I guess you can't upload a video directly to here, so here's the URL
    Short memory of Hankie...Hankie spends the day with Riley
    Hankie's favorite game: Volley Balloon

(sorry for the hind-shots lol!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYFWkbIGna0
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    12 degrees at the park this morning :shock:

gracie has become obsessed with sticks. she spots them a mile away, eats them and then goes home to barf :roll:

Photo0203.jpg

Photo0205.jpg

she is getting a little more used to her booties :mrgreen:

YAY!!!

Thanks for sharing ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

StillHere wrote:

That was cute. I kept waiting for the balloon to pop! :lol:
    StillHere wrote:

Hankie very rarely ever popped one
    a gentle giant was he :)
    peace,
    jo

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    StillHere wrote:

Cute Hankie, gentle mouth... that balloon wouldn't have lasted a second with the unlost dogs, and they we'd have had to scrape Sweet Pea off the ceiling.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    StillHere wrote:

Cute Hankie, gentle mouth... that balloon wouldn't have lasted a second with the unlost dogs, and they we'd have had to scrape Sweet Pea off the ceiling.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    peace,
    jo

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Hey does anyone know, when your dog's poppin pills, can they chew them? or do they have to swallow them whole?

We're trying Sammi on some antibiotics to treat what the vet thinks is a UTI... I thought the best thing to do was entice her by pretending the pill is mine and that I really want to eat it - something that ALWAYS gets her attention. Then when i let her sniff it.... she ate it! Thing must taste good!

But then i was like, oh damn, maybe i'm supposed to make her swallow it whole... :?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    haffajappa wrote:
    Hey does anyone know, when your dog's poppin pills, can they chew them? or do they have to swallow them whole?

We're trying Sammi on some antibiotics to treat what the vet thinks is a UTI... I thought the best thing to do was entice her by pretending the pill is mine and that I really want to eat it - something that ALWAYS gets her attention. Then when i let her sniff it.... she ate it! Thing must taste good!

But then i was like, oh damn, maybe i'm supposed to make her swallow it whole... :?

I wrap it in some chicken or cheese that they can swallow whole or place it in the back of their throat and hold their mouth closed and tip their snout up until they swallow. Bubba's easy she eats cheese like a duck! :lol:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    haffajappa wrote:

Are they tablets or capsules? Some veterinary medications come in chewable tabs that dogs will like. Your might want to call the vet and ask if it's OK for her to chew them.

Both my dogs take pills twice a day and for many years our dog Pete took meds for epilepsy. I used to use cheese or peanut butter but then the dogs would go crazy whenever we got those things out for us to eat. I don't like being pestered like that so I started using these: http://www.greenies.com/en_US/Products/DogPillPockets.aspx My dogs go crazy for them! They get their "treat" twice a day, then when I put the bag away they go about their business. You can get them at PetsMart or any feed store, maybe even at the vet's. They may seem pricey but I break them in half and wrap up the pill. Works great. Also, they have a new allergy-formula flavor that I don't recommend. The dogs liked it just fine but the smell was so disgusting that I couldn't stand to handle it.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888

Both my dogs take pills twice a day and for many years our dog Pete took meds for epilepsy. I used to use cheese or peanut butter but then the dogs would go crazy whenever we got those things out for us to eat. I don't like being pestered like that so I started using these: http://www.greenies.com/en_US/Products/DogPillPockets.aspx My dogs go crazy for them! They get their "treat" twice a day, then when I put the bag away they go about their business. You can get them at PetsMart or any feed store, maybe even at the vet's. They may seem pricey but I break them in half and wrap up the pill. Works great.
    hell, when gracie was taking 9 pills a day, I was tearing pill pockets into thirds! :lol:
    the manufacturer just wants you to use the whole thing. they work great!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    haffajappa wrote:

Most capsules are to be taken whole (antibiotics are pretty bitter tasting). Some tablets can be broken down/crushed into food. Peanut butter works if your dog likes it...they can't spit the pill out as easily :lol:
    (I worked as a vet assistant/pharmacy buyer for 5 years) Good Luck! :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    What kind of booties did you get her? Ive seen a bunch around, bought some once that didnt stay on for more than two steps, and threw them out. My little dude could really use some right now - landlord dumping buckets of rock salt on top of all the snow/ice, Bugsy's little feet get frozen and he tries to stand on only one leg, rotating which two he holds up from the ground....Im also wondering if its worth the time it takes to put them on...especially for the outside trip in the morning before rushing off to work.
    we got these:

http://www.walkaboutharnesses.com/walkaboots/

I think sizing is the whole key. gracie has M's on the back and M/L's on the front. The M/L's are a tad too big but the M's won't fit :roll: . we tried muttluks, too. they were worthless. gracie threw all four in like 2 minutes :lolno: . REI sells rufftex (or something like that)...they look real cool but I hear they don't stay on.

Photo0206.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Love Gracie's booties! She is so pretty, posing in the snow, thinking, "I think I'll go home and upchuck sticks in the living room. Yup, definitely put that on the agenda for the day."
    you guys seem to know how my dog thinks! :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    Just be very carefull, the sticks can be splintered and either puncture the esophegous (?) on the way back up, or the intestines on the way out..Other than that stick chewing is very normal. And definately better the sticks than your furniture!! LOL Anyhow I'm enjoying all the doggie pics and getting to hear all the stories of doggies enjoying their humans' company. Still Here what a cute video of Hankie. He looks like he was such a cool dog! Man now I NEED to get another dog..ok everyone and their doggies have a good day.
    Just be very carefull, the sticks can be splintered and either puncture the esophegous (?) on the way back up, or the intestines on the way out..Other than that stick chewing is very normal. And definately better the sticks than your furniture!!
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

how's your stolen dog doing? ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Yes, doggie psychics we are. :think: :mrgreen::wink:
    imalive wrote:
    She wasn't STOLEN! :shh:
    She was rescued. :angel:
  • imalive wrote:
    Just be very carefull, the sticks can be splintered and either puncture the esophegous (?) on the way back up, or the intestines on the way out..Other than that stick chewing is very normal. And definately better the sticks than your furniture!!
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Awesome by the way I'm just now about to post the update. thanks for reminding me!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited January 2011
    UPDATE
    Chloe Dancer has officially decided that she's going to live with her foster human's Grand daughter in TX. She'll be living in Houston, I've seen the house and yard and the little girl couldn't bear to go home without her. So we worked it out, that we did just as you said and ran her papers under the guise that she'd been a stray and we found her a home. She is currently at her normal 45 pounds, and when we'd first weighed her she was at 27 pounds. I was right about her age, she's approximately 1 1/2 yrs. She's so sweet and she LOVES the little girl she now belongs to. The girl's mother fell in love with her when she came to get her daughter ( the granddaughter, sorry but if you guys don't know theses people do names matter? If so tell me, but just a respect thing.) Anyhow, my friend showed me pics of their yard and made sure I myself had the address so I could check on her.. ANNNNND they're keeping the name Chloe Dancer, but the Mother calls her Dancer. It's so funny, the dog is just so ecstatic that her family grew so big! There's another little boy in Houston, so there's two kids to play with, and they've already bought her new stuff, and made sure to check with ME on dog food.. was so funny.Anyhow, Chloe Dancer goes to her new home tomorrow, well in KC time today at 8 am, they're driving so she'll love it she loves car rides according to my friend who fostered her for me. Anyhow thanks for everyone's support on this.. it reminds me that htis is why we do what we do, this dog would have DIED!!!! Now she has two kids and a loving forever home! Crazy how that works.. ok and now a letter to my boys.. sorry I just miss them.
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • To my beloved doggies,
    God it's so weird now that I'm completely alone, because a human is just not the same. It's not easy carryingon without seeing you guys' faces in the morning, when I get home, or I tell you we're camping this weekend. I think of all the things we did, we'd been so many places, done so many things together. You both taught me so much! Momo you taught me that patience is truely a virtue best learned in testing the very mettle of a human being. Ace, you taught me to take a second look, and see if my hatred was worth the time; to pick my battles. I miss you both so deeply. It's odd to know that I only have Winston to look after now. He's so independent, he's kind of like a cat, not like you guys who wanted constant instruction, a leader for you pack. Winston is great , I love him, but alas he's not mine, YOU guys were mine. You ARE the K9 Mafia, the whole reason this whole rescue thing got started!! How many other wolf-dogs help can domestic dogs recover from human stupidity? You two were truely amazing to knowand to share space with on this earth. I love and miss you both so much, I cried over you two as I cleaned rooms tonight. God Bless the santuary of a closed bathroom door, and a flushing toilet. I really want you two to get together and send me the next dog to be helped; and remember we each took turns saving each from my mother.. Send me the next dog needing our help, and say hi to Mom for me, tell her I forgive her, and that I skipp Daughter now days. I know you will tell her feeding is at 8 sharp 12n'12..(Momo).
    I love you guys,
    your human,

Tree
  • imalive wrote:
    What kind of booties did you get her? Ive seen a bunch around, bought some once that didnt stay on for more than two steps, and threw them out. My little dude could really use some right now - landlord dumping buckets of rock salt on top of all the snow/ice, Bugsy's little feet get frozen and he tries to stand on only one leg, rotating which two he holds up from the ground....Im also wondering if its worth the time it takes to put them on...especially for the outside trip in the morning before rushing off to work.
    we got these:

http://www.walkaboutharnesses.com/walkaboots/

I think sizing is the whole key. gracie has M's on the back and M/L's on the front. The M/L's are a tad too big but the M's won't fit :roll: . we tried muttluks, too. they were worthless. gracie threw all four in like 2 minutes :lolno: . REI sells rufftex (or something like that)...they look real cool but I hear they don't stay on.

Photo0206.jpg

Thanks! Now I'll just have to take some measurements...
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

UPDATE
    Chloe Dancer has officially decided that she's going to live with her foster human's Grand daughter in TX. She'll be living in Houston, I've seen the house and yard and the little girl couldn't bear to go home without her. So we worked it out, that we did just as you said and ran her papers under the guise that she'd been a stray and we found her a home. She is currently at her normal 45 pounds, and when we'd first weighed her she was at 27 pounds. I was right about her age, she's approximately 1 1/2 yrs. She's so sweet and she LOVES the little girl she now belongs to. The girl's mother fell in love with her when she came to get her daughter ( the granddaughter, sorry but if you guys don't know theses people do names matter? If so tell me, but just a respect thing.) Anyhow, my friend showed me pics of their yard and made sure I myself had the address so I could check on her.. ANNNNND they're keeping the name Chloe Dancer, but the Mother calls her Dancer. It's so funny, the dog is just so ecstatic that her family grew so big! There's another little boy in Houston, so there's two kids to play with, and they've already bought her new stuff, and made sure to check with ME on dog food.. was so funny.Anyhow, Chloe Dancer goes to her new home tomorrow, well in KC time today at 8 am, they're driving so she'll love it she loves car rides according to my friend who fostered her for me. Anyhow thanks for everyone's support on this.. it reminds me that htis is why we do what we do, this dog would have DIED!!!! Now she has two kids and a loving forever home! Crazy how that works.. ok and now a letter to my boys.. sorry I just miss them.
    this is awesome! :thumbup:
    wow, an eighteen pound gain. that poor little thing must have been starving :cry: . good work, hands!! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    UPDATE
    YAY!

So glad to hear there's a happy ending! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    UPDATE
    I LOVE stories like this!
    So glad your vigilantism paid off!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • I'm so glad I didn't get CAUGHT!!! The neighbors still think their dog ran away, though they have gotten new dog. A puppy. Looks to be German Shephard and lab mix.. Let's see if I have to steal this one too. Wonder how many dogs I'm gonna have to steal from these fucks!! It really pisses me off that there's not stricter laws on whom may adopt or own a dog.. they are JUST like children, they require constant care and attention as well as schooling. As humans this falls on US to make sure this is fufilled. Again thanks for the support!! Like I said earlier, this is the first time I've ever done that. But after this whole ordeal, it may be far from the last time I ever do this. So I think I want to ask for a rescue dog for me B-day this year. how fitting that I would be given a life long friend and a dog would be given a new life for my birthday, couldn't think of a better present for me or the dog!! Hope that works out. Except it's a longways off, July, hope I can wait that long.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    WH....good for you girl! I think you deserve your own dog too! Go for it, you won't be sorry.

Now I want to share something horrific with you all. This poor Dobe has been through hell. I wish there was a way to get to the prior owner and starve them.

http://www.ildoberescue.com/displayDog.php?id=1957
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    WH....good for you girl! I think you deserve your own dog too! Go for it, you won't be sorry.

Now I want to share something horrific with you all. This poor Dobe has been through hell. I wish there was a way to get to the prior owner and starve them.

http://www.ildoberescue.com/displayDog.php?id=1957

That was hard to look at!!! :( :x

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2