EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Love all the new pics! What a happy looking group of pooches we have on this thread.

Spent New Year's Weekend in upstate NY, competing at an agility trial.

As you can see, we were working hard.

Sailor the yellow Lab is our pillow. Tessie the dark dog is by the wall and I've got my arm around Sweet Pea the coonhound, who is mildly annoyed that my friend woke her up by taking the photo.

th_greenwich010111.jpg
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    I just returned something to Home Depot that I did not actually buy there :shock: . No bag; no receipt. but with Gracie at my side and licking the cashier, it was no problem at all. I knew she was good for something! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:

T.J. . . .

653beab4.jpg
    I love those "looking up" type pictures! :mrgreen:
    Bob says dogs can't look up, mate. No dogs can look up....Sorry I totally thought of that scene when I read that.for those wondering, it's from Shaun of The Dead.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    New Signature picture from my friend! Happy New Year everyone!

carol-1.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    New Signature picture from my friend! Happy New Year everyone!

carol-1.jpg

Gorgeous!

If you squint, the photo on the left of the signature looks like the rarest of all dogs, the Two-Headed Pinscer.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Spent New Year's Weekend in upstate NY, competing at an agility trial.

As you can see, we were working hard.

Sailor the yellow Lab is our pillow. Tessie the dark dog is by the wall and I've got my arm around Sweet Pea the coonhound, who is mildly annoyed that my friend woke her up by taking the photo.

th_greenwich010111.jpg
    :lol:
    I've seen similar scenes at dog shows before. Sleeping in a crate or an ex pen.

For many years I've belonged to an Obedience training club and we put on several fun matches every year. We had one yesterday so I spent the day working at it. I was a steward in Utility and if you know anything about Obedience you know that I was hopping!

Anyway, I saw so many beautiful dogs, as I always do. If I hadn't been so busy I'd have taken some pictures. I did get to meet a few of them, including a Border Collie who gave me kisses and a gorgeous Belgian Shepherd. But my favorite was a little bitty Border mix who dances with his owner! They do routines to music. She demonstrated how he can prance around, lifting his front paws way up and twirling around. It was SO CUTE! She also bent over and he jumped up on her back! Then she said "Jump off the cliff" and he jumped back down. We told her that she's got to get him on YouTube.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Lost my Hankie this past summer to a sudden attack of bloat. He was just playing and then, 15 mins later, gone. Still hard to talk about. For 7 1/2 years, since he was 6 wks old, and we met him at the boxer rescue (Hank is half boxer and half chow) he was my best friend, my constant companion, and full of the most awesome wonderful unconditional love anyone could ever ask for. 85 pounds of pure joy .. a lap dog in a clown's body. Sometimes I think I still hear him in the back seat of the car, getting a little excited when we pull into the bank drive thru. heheee.. R.I.P. Hankie. I love you and miss you so.
    hank_profile.jpg?t=1294115256
    n1631881111_50744_8728.jpg?t=1294115237
    hankrosswindow.jpg?t=1294115241
    hankrosschair.jpg?t=1294115248
    000_0246a.jpg?t=1294115260
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    StillHere wrote:
    Lost my Hankie this past summer to a sudden attack of bloat. He was just playing and then, 15 mins later, gone. Still hard to talk about. For 7 1/2 years, since he was 6 wks old, and we met him at the boxer rescue (Hank is half boxer and half chow) he was my best friend, my constant companion, and full of the most awesome wonderful unconditional love anyone could ever ask for. 85 pounds of pure joy .. a lap dog in a clown's body. Sometimes I think I still hear him in the back seat of the car, getting a little excited when we pull into the bank drive thru. heheee.. R.I.P. Hankie. I love you and miss you so.
    n1631881111_50744_8728.jpg?t=1294115237
    hankrosswindow.jpg?t=1294115241
    hankrosschair.jpg?t=1294115248

First of all, THANK YOU for deciding to post pics of Hank! :D Second, im reeeeally sorry for your loss. Its been 3 years since Surfer passed and its still a tough topic. Just this weekend someone asked me where he was and what happened. I couldnt even talk about it. :cry: So just know that in here, you are understood! :) Hank looks soooooooooooo snuggly and playful! I love these pictures! Thank you SO much for posting them! :D

P.S i added Hanks name to the first post of this thread!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    Sorry for your loss of Hank. He was a beautiful boy. Do try take comfort that he didn't suffer too much. My own baby Petey has DCM, and is headed for Congestive Heart Failure. There is a part of me that wants to have him here with me till the last possible minute no matter what, but deep in side I want him to never suffer like he is going to, to die sudden never getting sick. He is only 4, and in the prime of his life. He is already spending most of his days sleeping. :cry:

Please share more pictures and stories. No matter how long they are gone, we never get over not having them physically in our lives, but we do learn to celebrate their lives, to honor them and to live with the pain. When you can...open your heart to another needy dog...there are so many out there that need YOU.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    StillHere wrote:
    wow....that's a pretty tough way to lose your best friend :cry: . even tho some people may not be able to fathom the depth of your loss and your sadness, we around here CAN :cry:. Thanks for letting us see your beautiful boy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Please share more pictures and stories. No matter how long they are gone, we never get over not having them physically in our lives, but we do learn to celebrate their lives, to honor them and to live with the pain. When you can...open your heart to another needy dog...there are so many out there that need YOU.
    I couldn't say this better. Everybody here knows the pain of losing our beloved friends. Whenever I think about the fur-kids who've gone from my life, this thread brings me a lot of comfort.

I'll also second the encouragement to adopt another dog when you feel you can. At first I've sometimes felt that I was being disloyal to the one I'd lost, but having a new dog in my life becomes a celebration of all the love that dogs give us. You never "replace" the one you lost but the new dog gives you love and you give them a life and a purpose.

RIP Hank. :cry:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I'll also second the encouragement to adopt another dog when you feel you can. At first I've sometimes felt that I was being disloyal to the one I'd lost, but having a new dog in my life becomes a celebration of all the love that dogs give us. You never "replace" the one you lost but the new dog gives you love and you give them a life and a purpose.

RIP Hank. :cry:

Amen. Every day we enjoy our new puppy Brian he reminds us of our late but never forgotten Ernst, Keiko, and Astro - it's like the continuation of our fabulous dog family.

Hank looks like he was a most excellent dog.
    StillHere wrote:

What a handsome boy... it's so hard to get used to a world without them, isn't it?

If and when the time is right, I hope you're able to move on and bring another dog into your life. You certainly have a lot of love to give, and that will be a lucky dog indeed.
    Thank you so much for your kind words everyone, and for your understanding.

Those of you who already know me also know how very much i miss my hankie

its so nice to have a safe place to go

Its difficult to talk about with people who haven't experienced this kind of love in their lives.

Thanks for inviting me a while back Sen

I'm sorry that it took me so long

and thanks so much to the rest of the kind hearts here.

There are so many great stories to tell

when the time is right.
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    StillHere wrote:

Its difficult to talk about with people who haven't experienced this kind of love in their lives.

when the time is right.
    one of the reasons this is my favourite thread...
    you just can't talk to people who don't understand what its like owning a doggie... or heaven forbid a cat person! ;);)

e-hugs for everyone, and kisses from sammi <3
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    StillHere wrote:

RIP Hank. He's beautiful. He looks alot like My Girl Bubba. She's a Boxer/Sharpei Mix. I'm told that Chow's are the long haired version of a sharpei.

ice6.jpg
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Austicman wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

RIP Hank. He's beautiful. He looks alot like My Girl Bubba. She's a Boxer/Sharpei Mix. I'm told that Chow's are the long haired version of a sharpei.

ice6.jpg

always wondered about that. he did have a lot of wrinkles and folds..but then so do mastiffs, from which the boxer side of him originated, right? what a clown he was! :D
    bubba is adorable! she has the same folds and jowls. cutie pie!
    peace,
    jo

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    For the first time last night all the inside pets cuddled up on the chair last night. Usually the lab and the cat or the lab and the chihuahua cuddle. The chihuahua and the cat usually just chase each other around the house. Had to take a pic.....l_7e1fb66d17ba42e59b92ec06abf8e611.jpg

and no, the cat is NOT as big as the lab....hence his name has morphed over time: Trouble--->Trubby--->Tubby---->Chubby.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    4and20 wrote:
    For the first time last night all the inside pets cuddled up on the chair last night. Usually the lab and the cat or the lab and the chihuahua cuddle. The chihuahua and the cat usually just chase each other around the house. Had to take a pic.....l_7e1fb66d17ba42e59b92ec06abf8e611.jpg

and no, the cat is NOT as big as the lab....hence his name has morphed over time: Trouble--->Trubby--->Tubby---->Chubby.
    Toooooo cute!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    I couldn't say this better. Everybody here knows the pain of losing our beloved friends. Whenever I think about the fur-kids who've gone from my life, this thread brings me a lot of comfort.

Thank You whoprincess, it really helped to read this.
    I have those same feelings, about being disloyal going on in my head these days. I have been looking at the dalmation rescue site and it still chokes me up, not sure if it means that i am not ready yet. The girls at the vets office assure me, that I will know when i am ready.

Thanks you guys for listening to me and all the others in here, it is nice to know that we can share our good times as well as our bad times. PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

4and20 wrote:

Awwwwwwwwwww *melts*

So either that's a micro Lab, or a very big cat. :shock:
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    4and20 i LOVE that picture!!!!! :D You guys make me soooooooooo happy with all the pictures you share. I may sound like a broken record but it REALLY helps seeing everyones doggies!

I just announced and some of you alreddie know, I am about to drop some "PEARL JAM 20" items for sale! One of the items will be DOGGIE SHIRTS!!! :lol: I will keep you all updated! :clap:

I'm not sure WHEN is the "right" time because, I've wanted to share for a while but theres always one of us going thru a tough time. I want to post pictures of "memory quilts" my mom and I make. We make them for people that have lost loved ones (human) but I made a few for people that have lost their doggies. I will post a picture or 2 later incase any of you want to order one for yourself or as a gift. I wish my mom would have made ME one!!! :lol:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    norm wrote:
    finally got a pic of norm with his ear doing a yoda thing :D
    IMG_4956.JPG
    DSC00003-1.jpg
    Our new bundle of trouble, Coco, 15 weeks. Yoda, Dobbie or a Gremlin? :D
    chelsea48 wrote:
    DSC00003-1.jpg

Ooohhhh, Dobbie!!! How cute!!!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

Awwwwwwwwwww *melts*

So either that's a micro Lab, or a very big cat. :shock:

Waldo is about 85#...English style lab... short and stout...he has a big square head like a Rottie. Chubby...is...well...22# He has a haircut right now so he doesn't look as fat as he usually does. :oops:

Cocoa is soooo cute!

Senrock...memory quilts are cool! At my last job, I made special cards for long time clients whose pets we had to put down... always so hard to watch people while their friends went to cross the rainbow bridge...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • haffajappa wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

when the time is right.
    one of the reasons this is my favourite thread...
    you just can't talk to people who don't understand what its like owning a doggie... or heaven forbid a cat person! ;);)

e-hugs for everyone, and kisses from sammi <3
    Hey!! My cats are cool!!! One goes camping!! He's a freak, and when I was living in my van, he lived there with me. And cat people are great tooo!!LOL But this is my favorite thread too. I miss myboys too Still Here, everyday, and your doggie was soo cute!! It's weird looking in favorite spots, and not seeing them there. Still hard.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    StillHere wrote:

when the time is right.

(((hugs)))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    chelsea48 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    finally got a pic of norm with his ear doing a yoda thing :D
    IMG_4956.JPG
    DSC00003-1.jpg

Awww, both of them are sooooo cute. I'm melting here :mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Here is Monty's new Blog header.

carol-monty.jpg

For those of you struggling with when and if to get another dog after the loss of your best friend, I can tell you that with out a doubt it would heal your heart to have another to love. No it won't replace your baby that has passed on, but it will give you reason to smile again, a purpose to get up and get out in the world again. I thought when my two Weims passed on, back when Sen started this thread, that I would never again have a dog as attuned to me, one that I loved as much as the Weim boys, well I was wrong...Petey is hands down the best dog I've ever had in my life. Imagine if I didn't go and get him only 10 short days after my Mason passed away? I never would have known him. I would have missed out on that once in a lifetime soul dog. There is no reason for guilt, so many dogs need good homes, the kind that everyone on this thread can offer. You never get the dog you want....but you always get the dog you NEED. Hugs to ALL of YOU! ox
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown