~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    BH304897 wrote:
    Bo-and-Drums.gif
    that's a good looking pup! please keep us updated as he/she grows! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hi everyone! Check out American Idol tonight and look for my beautiful niece Jess....she tried out in NJ. This picture is from the commercial....looks like she has something in her hand!

608834169_2172058051_0.jpg
    not even to see your niece would I watch that garbage. :evil: ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Old faithful, always by my side when I'm studying and doing papers.
    (while cooped up in an old portible at my mom's work)
    60d0da67.jpg

(while waiting for me outside of starbucks for like 3+ hours!)
    375ae174.jpg

How can anyone doubt the loyalty of dogs? These things are amazing :):mrgreen:

Happy Saturday to all the doggies and their mommas and papas!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:

375ae174.jpg

I wish I could trust gracie like that. who knows, she might surprise me. then again, she would most likely be scratching at the glass and eventually weaseling her way thru the door. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

375ae174.jpg

I wish I could trust gracie like that. who knows, she might surprise me. then again, she would most likely be scratching at the glass and eventually weaseling her way thru the door. :lol:

Sailor would sit there quietly waiting, until the end of time.
    Sweet Pea would be staring at me with the Coonhound Eyeballs of Death the entire time.
    Tessie would openly solicit passersby for a better offer.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

375ae174.jpg

Sweet Pea would be staring at me with the Coonhound Eyeballs of Death the entire time.
    hahahaha! theyre so funny aren't they!
    sometimes I don't tie sammi up if i take her out for walks without a leash...
    i scored a window seat at starbucks which is always nice.
    she get's skiddish though when people try to pet her
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

375ae174.jpg

You should visit Germany. Dogs RULE there. People take their dogs everywhere. If you happen to go somewhere that dogs aren't allowed, there will be a post outside to fasten their leash.

We ate in small family restaurant and some people came in with their dog. The staff brought the dog a bowl of water and later brought her some bones from the kitchen. She just settled down by the table and was very well-behaved. I was told that that it was very common to take a dog with you when shopping or eating at a restaurant.

Of course, Penny would pester every single person who came in. "Pet me! Pet me! Pet me!" :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i left norm outside a 7-11 once...barked his head off the whole time :roll:

little guy doesn't like to be away from dad :oops: :lol:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I'm imagining bringing my three dogs into a restaurant.

If it was one at a time... Sailor would lie down and wouldn't move the whole time.

Sweet Pea would stand in one spot, again with the Coonhound Eyeballs of Death.

Tessie would sniff every single thing and would sit prettily in front of people, attempting to win tidbits by batting her eyelashes.

Then, as the evening went on, Sailor still wouldn't move. Sweet Pea would start insistently whining, and Tessie, after having no success with batting her eyelashes for cookies, would break wind of sufficient toxicity to clear the whole place out. Then she'd grab a sirloin as we were evacuating.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    LOL!!!!!
    Has anyone seen this?? My brother just showed me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX2L4b38 ... r_embedded

super cool.... 8-)
    I took gracie to the self serve doggie wash yesterday. counting her, there were SEVEN goldens in there. we should have posed a group photo :roll: . she was the runt of the whole place. there were some biggies in there. one guy and a girl had 3 of their own. my god, the hair!

the snow is gone...it's bittersweet...no booties for now but gracie misses it :cry: .

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Look at this dogs ears! :D

Mable who suffers from narcolepsy.

http://www.itv.com/daybreak/lifestyle/p ... lepticdog/
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    I have expanded my search to Seattle and southern California.

Not sure how many others in here have done this, but it is rather heart breaking, reading the stories of what most of these dogs have been through.

Still looking...

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Not sure how many others in here have done this, but it is rather heart breaking, reading the stories of what most of these dogs have been through.

Still looking...

PEACE
    good deal. you can give a happy ever after to a dog with a heart breaking story. :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Still looking...

PEACE
    good deal. you can give a happy ever after to a dog with a heart breaking story. :mrgreen:
    and we all love those!
  • BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    edited January 2011
    Imagooddog.jpg

Update on Rocket. He was losing control of his back legs due to degenerative miopathy (spelling.) He isn't in any pain but his right hind leg has given out completely and he drags it behind him. He has also developed a sore on the top of his paw from the friction. He sometimes loses control of his bladder as well.

We see his left hind leg is doing alot of work and for now it's still keeping him standing.

Has anyone ever used those devices that are like wheel chairs for supporting the back end of body? We were thinking of finding one but they are quite expensive. Rocket's mind is clear and sharp and his front legs are strong. I'm just worried when the left leg goes, that that will be the end.

I just don't know how we can bring ourselves to put him to sleep. let alone be there when they do it. I'm just not sure it is right, then again, how can one let a dog suffer? Our vet comes to the home and does the procedure. I find it is probably more comforting than a sterile office..

We are grateful for today that he is still giving it his all to walk. God bless the animals of the world and the ones who love them.
    Post edited by BhagavadGita on
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    [img][/img][IMG][/img]

Has anyone ever used those devices that are like wheel chairs for supporting the back end of body? We were thinking of finding one but they are quite expensive. Rocket's mind is clear and sharp and his front legs are strong. I'm just worried when the left leg goes, that that will be the end.

Never used one but heard they do work, I hear you on not wanting him to suffer but hes your buddy and you dont want to lose him.....and dogs are very strong. You love him and will do whats right for him. Good luck :)
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    This was supposed to be just a short video of our daughters first time in the snow

Turned into a battle royal behind her

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OApjSdq3wHo
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    This was supposed to be just a short video of our daughters first time in the snow

:lol::lol:
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    norm wrote:

:lol::lol:

Yes that devil dog Bailey stole her glove

:(
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • haffajappa wrote:
    Old faithful, always by my side when I'm studying and doing papers.
    (while cooped up in an old portible at my mom's work)
    60d0da67.jpg

375ae174.jpg

Happy Saturday to all the doggies and their mommas and papas!
    ok after reading the stories of how dogs would react to being left outside while we do our human thing... I gotta tell you all this story! The other day I walked to the liqour store to get myself a nice chilled sixer, and took my sis' Blue Heeler mix Winston with me. The newspaper stand was gone so I tied him to this old trash can. I went in and, normally Winston is religiously well behaved ( he should be IIIIIII trained him), but not the day before yesterday. there was a stray doig roaming the streets and naturally Winston wanted to play, so he gave chase. well so did the trash can. So I get out and I hear this god-awfull screeching like metal grating on asphalt, and I was right.Winston ran right past me with the big old 55 gallon drum right behind him. He saw me and ran between my legs, which means I got taken out by the trash can. I was mad at first but then I looked over at Whinny and he was soooooooo like "thank God It got you and not me"that I had to laugh.I told my sis and we laughed about that for hours.. lol
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Imagooddog.jpg

Update on Rocket. He was losing control of his back legs due to degenerative miopathy (spelling.) He isn't in any pain but his right hind leg has given out completely and he drags it behind him. He has also developed a sore on the top of his paw from the friction. He sometimes loses control of his bladder as well.

We see his left hind leg is doing alot of work and for now it's still keeping him standing.

I just don't know how we can bring ourselves to put him to sleep. let alone be there when they do it. I'm just not sure it is right, then again, how can one let a dog suffer? Our vet comes to the home and does the procedure. I find it is probably more comforting than a sterile office..

We are grateful for today that he is still giving it his all to walk. God bless the animals of the world and the ones who love them.

I'm so sorry to hear this. You could try and get a cart for him, maybe look online and see if you can find a used one? I'm glad your vet will come to the house. I've already asked mine if he will do that for Petey too. One day at a time, when it's time, they tell us, no need to worry about making that decision, you will hear his voice loud and clear.

As for Petey....we are seeing the Cardiologist 2 weeks from today....it's been almost 6 months since his last visit, and he has been great. I've enjoyed every moment with him. Yesterday was Petey day....51 months old! A year ago I didn't think he would still be here with me, he is one strong boy.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Have just managed to get some pictures off my new camera so here's Molly over the festive period;

Molly and her christmas pressie toy;

DSCF0021.jpg

Molly and her christmas pressie new collar (very bling);

DSCF0055.jpg

Molly and her friend Molly (she didn't know what was going on everyone shouting Molly), New years eve;

DSCF0075.jpg

Molly & Mike on our New Years day walk;

DSCF0099.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Imagooddog.jpg

oh, man :cry: . how old is rocket? he sure looks like a sweet guy. I hope you can find a way to extend the time you guys have together. (((( hugs ))))
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    gracie.....worn out from a day of tormenting me. :lol:

IMG_3196.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    This thread more than any other always tugs at the heart...happy sad. All the little faces.

Praying here for Rocket. My heart goes out to you. I'm sorry and can relate.
    I agree, check Craigs list for a used cart for him.

A dogs will to live is amazing ...strong loyal beasts.

Meet our new Grand doggie Duke that joined the family recently, he's in the middle of the girls,
    Dottie and Faith.
    A stray, he was sitting in the yard next door, at my daughters house, early one Saturday morning.
    Their eyes met and he never left. He's a great addition to the doggie dynamics of the pack :lol:

CIMG0327.jpg

Caring for them weekly, along with my three, gives this old lady purpose. They make my day! :D
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,747
    Anyone ever see the show, "My Dog Ate What?" on Nat Geo Wild?

pretty amazing shit, what they will eat. Saw one dog eat a 5 ft. leash. Another one ate 5 pounds of stuffing from a toy. Few others which were odd: part of a plastic coat hanger, corn on the cob (about 6 inches) and a skewer, coins, rocks, and a thong with beads on it :shock:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Claireack wrote:
    Molly & Mike on our New Years day walk;

DSCF0099.jpg
    Lovely. :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Anyone ever see the show, "My Dog Ate What?" on Nat Geo Wild?

pretty amazing shit, what they will eat. Saw one dog eat a 5 ft. leash. Another one ate 5 pounds of stuffing from a toy. Few others which were odd: part of a plastic coat hanger, corn on the cob (about 6 inches) and a skewer, coins, rocks, and a thong with beads on it :shock:

I haven't seen it, but I think my dog could qualify! He has devoured lego bricks, cane chairs, aluminium foil, tupperware :evil: , nightlight, just to name a few. He has even destroyed some kong toys!!!! All this from a miniature poodle! :oops: