finally got a pic of norm with his ear doing a yoda thing :D
    IMG_4956.JPG
    DSC00003-1.jpg
    Our new bundle of trouble, Coco, 15 weeks. Yoda, Dobbie or a Gremlin? :D

yoda it is! :thumbup:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    love the banner carol! :thumbup:

stillhere...hank looked like a good boy...hang in there

now i'm thinking (that's never a good thing ;) )...depending on where the 20th anniversary show will be, i'm considering driving and maybe bringing norm along with me...i know most won't be able to bring their dogs, but it would be so cool if we could get our dogs all together

pipe dream i know, but this whole thing is a fantasy at this point so... 8-):mrgreen:
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    norm wrote:

now i'm thinking (that's never a good thing ;) )...depending on where the 20th anniversary show will be, i'm considering driving and maybe bringing norm along with me...i know most won't be able to bring their dogs, but it would be so cool if we could get our dogs all together

pipe dream i know, but this whole thing is a fantasy at this point so... 8-):mrgreen:

That sounds like a great idea!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    I couldn't say this better. Everybody here knows the pain of losing our beloved friends. Whenever I think about the fur-kids who've gone from my life, this thread brings me a lot of comfort.

I'll also second the encouragement to adopt another dog when you feel you can. At first I've sometimes felt that I was being disloyal to the one I'd lost, but having a new dog in my life becomes a celebration of all the love that dogs give us. You never "replace" the one you lost but the new dog gives you love and you give them a life and a purpose.

Thank You whoprincess, it really helped to read this.
    I have those same feelings, about being disloyal going on in my head these days. I have been looking at the dalmation rescue site and it still chokes me up, not sure if it means that i am not ready yet. The girls at the vets office assure me, that I will know when i am ready.

Thanks you guys for listening to me and all the others in here, it is nice to know that we can share our good times as well as our bad times. PEACE
    I understand so well what you're saying. It's very hard. And it may sound cliched but it's true that you know when you're ready. It's not so much how much time has passed. Sometimes it's because another dog crosses your path and you know you want to welcome them into your life.

I've usually waited months before getting a new dog but not always. Many years ago, after my first sheltie died, I let myself be talked into adopting 2 rescues after only a couple of weeks. For a while I thought I'd made a terrible mistake but that I was "stuck" with them. They both lived long, happy lives with us and one in particular became the absolute apple of my eye.

What I've learned over time is just what I've already said. After the terrible pain of losing one of my friends, suddenly there was a new dog to get to know and care for, and they completed brightened my life. Even Django, my Wild Child, who was the terror of the family! Who'd have ever guessed he'd grow up to be so calm, sweet, and loving. Now I watch him getting a lot older but still my sweet boy, so affectionate and such a great companion.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:

I *love* that idea! though let's say it happens at the Gorge...the Gorge says that dogs are NOT allowed and if they find a dog in someone's car, they have the right to break into the vehicle and impound said dog and take it to the shelter....I understand, all for the dog's sake, but what if I have a termostatically controlled A/C unit in my camper?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    norm wrote:

:shock: that would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking GREAT!!! have you any idea how happy this would make me????? ahhhhhhh man i love a good thought! :lol: I can see it now- an area set apart for "doggie daycare" while we are enjoying the show. All the pit doggies can be wearing custom made PEARL JAM 20th shirts by me, complete with their names on there! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    4and20 wrote:
    norm wrote:

I *love* that idea! though let's say it happens at the Gorge...the Gorge says that dogs are NOT allowed and if they find a dog in someone's car, they have the right to break into the vehicle and impound said dog and take it to the shelter....I understand, all for the dog's sake, but what if I have a termostatically controlled A/C unit in my camper?
    stop flashing those eyes
    4and20 wrote:

like i said, pipe dream
    SENROCK wrote:
    :shock: that would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking GREAT!!! have you any idea how happy this would make me????? ahhhhhhh man i love a good thought! :lol: I can see it now- an area set apart for "doggie daycare" while we are enjoying the show. All the pit doggies can be wearing custom made PEARL JAM 20th shirts by me, complete with their names on there! :D

:thumbup: :mrgreen:

you understand of course, i never put clothes on my dog because, well, he's a dog ;) :P :mrgreen:
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: thats RIGHT!!! Ok how about PEARL JAM 20 collars and bandanas? :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    SENROCK wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: thats RIGHT!!! Ok how about PEARL JAM 20 collars and bandanas? :D

a collar would ROCKKK!!! :mrgreen:
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    SENROCK wrote:

Fabulous. Sign me up. Uh - I mean Brian, I don't think I'd look so great in a collar and bandana.

And I agree about having a dog reunion, wouldn't that be great?
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Love the idea! Miss Tessie would be my traveling companion (the flying dark dog in the signature line). She loves to play with other dogs and is respectful of those who aren't interested.

Mr. Sailor the Lab, although a sterling character, the most highly trained and naturally best behaved of all my dogs, is a big puddle of love with humans. But sadly lacks the ability to play nicely with other dogs so he'd sit this one out.

Miss Sweet Pea the Coonhound has limited interest in other dogs, unless they look like raccoons in which case she will howl at them.

Tessie thinks Norm is pretty swell. She would like to meet him and bat her Large Round Eyeballs at him.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Here is Monty's new Blog header.

carol-monty.jpg

For those of you struggling with when and if to get another dog after the loss of your best friend, I can tell you that with out a doubt it would heal your heart to have another to love. No it won't replace your baby that has passed on, but it will give you reason to smile again, a purpose to get up and get out in the world again. I thought when my two Weims passed on, back when Sen started this thread, that I would never again have a dog as attuned to me, one that I loved as much as the Weim boys, well I was wrong...Petey is hands down the best dog I've ever had in my life. Imagine if I didn't go and get him only 10 short days after my Mason passed away? I never would have known him. I would have missed out on that once in a lifetime soul dog. There is no reason for guilt, so many dogs need good homes, the kind that everyone on this thread can offer. You never get the dog you want....but you always get the dog you NEED. Hugs to ALL of YOU! ox

That is awesome, as well as the other one of Petey and Monty you posted.
    Thanks for your wisdom and kindness...

Hope Petey is doing good, good vibes sent to all of you....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    norm wrote:

Great idea ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    chelsea48 wrote:
    stop flashing those eyes

I know! They're freaking me out :o :shock: :crazy:

:lol::lol::lol:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Soooooo last night i got home from work and ran into a very angry brother.
    Apparently my mom brought him some take out from Nandos, he had a full chicken dinner which he laid out on the coffee table... He went to go grab something and when he came back, guess who ate it all :lol::lol:

Good Sammi. A little payback for his friends stealing all my money from my wallet last week. :thumbup: :clap:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    Soooooo last night i got home from work and ran into a very angry brother.
    Apparently my mom brought him some take out from Nandos, he had a full chicken dinner which he laid out on the coffee table... He went to go grab something and when he came back, guess who ate it all :lol::lol:

Good Sammi. A little payback for his friends stealing all my money from my wallet last week. :thumbup: :clap:

I love it! Sammi's got your back, HJ!!!
    :thumbup:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    i love all the new pics and the banner is gorgeous!
    you all make me happy with the thoughts of taking the doggies to the festival!
    what fun that would be!
    i can't wait to meet all your doggie friends.
    thank you all so much for your support.
    every day i come here.
    and i feel a little bit better.
    you are extraordinary people
    no wonder your doggies saw so much in you :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Sammi is driving us all nuts by peeing every 10 min.
    I might take her to the vet tmrw, this ahppened a few months ago but seemed to go away.... She's also panting a lot... I hear if its a UTI those can be bad news if you leave it untreated...

its 2;30 am... i'm sleeping downstairs with her tonight so i can keep letting her out.
    today she actually came upstairs, opened my door, nudged me awake and went downstairs and barked to be let out. as if to say, hey, wake your ass up, i need'a pee!!!!!!!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    norm wrote:
    SENROCK wrote:

a collar would ROCKKK!!! :mrgreen:
    god knows norm is embarrassed by the one he wears now! :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Haven't managed to get any xmas pics of Molly on here yet (new camera). But she was on the telly!!! Here she is (I'm in the blue ski jacket holding her);

http://www.itv.com/border/fight-to-save-cinema29710/

(we're just on at the beginning so you don't need to watch it all)
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Claireack wrote:
    Haven't managed to get any xmas pics of Molly on here yet (new camera). But she was on the telly!!! Here she is (I'm in the blue ski jacket holding her);

Can't watch it since I don't live in the UK :(
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Jukee wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

Can't watch it since I don't live in the UK :(

Oh damn!! :(
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    Claireack wrote:

"video is only available to be viewed in the United Kingdom" :cry:

damn! I was so looking forward to watching the telly :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

"video is only available to be viewed in the United Kingdom" :cry:

damn! I was so looking forward to watching the telly :lol:

Me too! :(
    haffajappa wrote:
    I might take her to the vet tmrw, this ahppened a few months ago but seemed to go away.... She's also panting a lot... I hear if its a UTI those can be bad news if you leave it untreated...

its 2;30 am... i'm sleeping downstairs with her tonight so i can keep letting her out.
    today she actually came upstairs, opened my door, nudged me awake and went downstairs and barked to be let out. as if to say, hey, wake your ass up, i need'a pee!!!!!!!!

I'd get her to the vet quickly _ she could have a stone that's causing an obstruction.

Feel better, Sammi...
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Me three!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Claireack wrote:

ugh..video cannot be found
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    haffajappa wrote:

let us know how she does
    poor thing
    peace,
    jo

• SENROCK wrote:
    I'm so down for this, and who knows maybe by then I'll have another friend..But this would be sooooo great!