Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    haffajappa wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    she had fun once you got there, didn't she? :|

so far!!

DSC_0365-1.jpg
    DSC_0370-1.jpg
    What is Sammi's story? where did you get her, how old is she? she's gorgeous but yes, even in those pics she looks unsure, and yet she trusts you, enough to go.. She's an awesome dog. And what IS she? Could be so many things..but I definately love your doggie.

When I was 12 my mom and my nana were having lunch after a soccer game one Sunday... I was still in my uniform and I remember picking up a paper and looking through the ad section for no reason while we were waiting for our food to come out. Anyways, i saw this ad for husky/shepherd puppies at a local farm... It was completely spur of the moment but we phoned and they had a boy and a girl puppy left. My mom wanted a male dog so we went to check it out... Sammi was climbing up the little wooden gate with that look of "hold me pleeease just pick me pick me!!", but my mom had said we get a male dog so I was about to walk out with the boy. Well it was my nana who said, the other one has a smarter face, i think htat's the one for you!

So we picked her, she was SOOO cute as a puppy... aww haha.. Anyways I still remember stopping by the store on the way home to buy the essentials, a leash and collar and some food and what not (it'd been about 4 years since we last had a dog). We got home and my dad was there and my mom said, "look what your daughter got, honey"

Yeh... my mom has bought 2 cars without telling my dad first no one should be surprised she let me get a dog too. ;):D:D

So that's the story :P
    And for the record, my dad to this day calls her my sister and treats her like a queen! What other dogs do you know get fresh tuna sashimi at the end of a good night of catering? ;)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    UPDATE:

Chloe Dancer ( the lady who is fostering her for us is calling her that now ), has gained six pounds total and is well and strong enough to go to the vet today. Please send us some good vibes, she's developed an upper respiratory infection, we think it may have been from being in the cold.. please send us some good vibes.. we're taking pictures so we can try to build a case and we now have a major shelter that we work with, in our corner. The only thing is I stole the dog.. I don't know what we're gonna do about that...Please keep us in your prayers.. thanks.
    We need a good case of vigilante justice now and then... I don't think you should have any shame in what you did... I think its rather commendable, it's really fantastic. Not many people would have the balls to do that!
    People should need a license or something to own an animal...

Good vibes your way and all other doggies going through a rough time!!
  • Ok so I'll know about Chloe Dancer's vet trip tomorrow, but I do know that it is only a cold, thank GOD. I heard her snuffle, and instantly started praying it wasn't Distemper. But surprisingly, she'd managed to avoid that. Anyhow I'l know more when my friend comes by tomorrow. So again, after work I'll let ya know how she's doing. Thanks to evereyone for your support, I want to do this as legally as possible, I'm trying to work into fostering for the ASPCA out here. As it is I do independent fostering and rehab for the animals I've been able to help. This really is my mission in life. If I didn't suck so horribly at math I'd be a vet and work for the ASPCA. But I can't ,so I'll just help them help the little guys, and one day when I have property, all the big ones too.
  • Halfajappa thaat is a great story, and she is a gorgeous dog. Ace looked alot like that. only he was silver and black, but had that long silky hair, long noble face, is why I had to ask; she reminds me alot of him. She's very smart I bet, and she's got to be one hell of an awesome sister!! I love to hear stories like this. cause not every dog gets that lucky, ya know? some get the shitty owner. Sammi is very lucky.. and I appreciate that you share her with us.. Thiiiiis is so far my favorite thread.
    Halfajappa thaat is a great story, and she is a gorgeous dog. Ace looked alot like that. only he was silver and black, but had that long silky hair, long noble face, is why I had to ask; she reminds me alot of him. She's very smart I bet, and she's got to be one hell of an awesome sister!! I love to hear stories like this. cause not every dog gets that lucky, ya know? some get the shitty owner. Sammi is very lucky.. and I appreciate that you share her with us.. Thiiiiis is so far my favorite thread.
    Aww, thank you!
    She truly is an awesome dog. Her one and only flaw is that she sheds fur like CRAZY - which isn't her fault of course! But she is very smart... maybe sometimes too smart for her own good :D It breaks my heart to leave her in the garage, she barks every now and then a really desperate one... :(

She'll forgive me when we take her up to the mountain tomorrow! :D
  • Oh yes she will!! Have you ever had a shephard or husky? Cause you're kinda rear-end out on the hair factor.. lol both breeds being dually coated shed year round, but also do something called blowing their coat twice a year; Spring and fall. Thank God my boys just blew out their coats twice a year, but up keep was insane. Your dog is one of a kind and I'm glad she gets to go on vaccations too. Mine always have, family AND individually owned dogs. I even have a cat that loves going camping and rides in the car. Yeah, he was raised with the wolf-dogs.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    pandora wrote:
    My 13yr old dog's back legs are giving out....

I have never been with a dying animal.

It's Christmas and I'm alone with him.

Been to vet, can't do anything about it.

Found him on floor of bedroom crying when I got home. His legs had lost control.

I don't like this at all.
    That happened to Jakey too. This is very hard I know. You've been there for him all his life and this is apart of life. Hold him while you can. I'm sorry this is how it is when your dog lives a good long life and you must say goodbye. Through this all remember, you are blessed with the love you will have forever.

Such true words... remember, sometimes our final gift to them is to ease their suffering, no matter how much it hurts us.

Thinking of you...

Very true words spoken by both of you.
    BhagavadGita, thinking about you and your dog, sending good vibes and thoughts your way.
    Very :( indeed

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm: "can i go?!"
    me: "sure. but i'm not coming to get ya when you get stuck"
    IMG_4797.JPG

he is actually looking at a ski lift which is about 1000 feet away...he couldn't figure it out :)
    IMG_4803.JPG

i can't tell if he's happy or not
    IMG_4805.JPG

this is about 7-8 feet high...norm was on top of it but didn't realize the edge was close...you can see where he fell through right below the trees
    IMG_4799.JPG
  • norm wrote:
    IMG_4797.JPG

he is actually looking at a ski lift which is about 1000 feet away...he couldn't figure it out :)
    IMG_4803.JPG

IMG_4805.JPG

this is about 7-8 feet high...norm was on top of it but didn't realize the edge was close...you can see where he fell through right below the trees
    IMG_4799.JPG

It's always fun til somone fall off the embankment!! Looks like he's having a blast..It's the winters and summers that make me miss the boys the most. They loved the snow, and camping. It's weird not buying as many doggie gifts for Christmas. Yeah we got stuff for Winston ( the Blue-Heeler, my siter's dog), and for the Kitties. We even got extra mice and rats for the snakes. Just not as much doggie stuff. I think I'm gonna go cry for a little while..
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    So this was taken about 10yrs ago, it was our first Christmas tree in our new house.

It has been 3 months, and i miss her soooooo much. :cry:

12-2000FirstXmassTree-1-1.jpg

I promise to get the last pictures of her up soon.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

norm wrote:
    IMG_4797.JPG

IMG_4803.JPG

IMG_4805.JPG

IMG_4799.JPG
    where is this? so cute!
    we took sammi up to mount washington today and it was a BLIZZARD and she loved every bit of it. :D
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,733
    Cleo this morning as I was trying out the new camera.

5291102654_b02e2db884.jpg
    002 by mickeyrat, on Flickr
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    UPDATE:

Chloe Dancer ( the lady who is fostering her for us is calling her that now ), has gained six pounds total and is well and strong enough to go to the vet today. Please send us some good vibes, she's developed an upper respiratory infection, we think it may have been from being in the cold.. please send us some good vibes.. we're taking pictures so we can try to build a case and we now have a major shelter that we work with, in our corner. The only thing is I stole the dog.. I don't know what we're gonna do about that...Please keep us in your prayers.. thanks.
    Try to stop thinking that you "stole" her. She "got out of her yard" and you took her to a foster, thinking she was a stray. ;);)
    sorry, WH, that I'm not keeping up on this. It's the holidays and things are nuts. that said, I totally approve of what you did/are doing. you didn't steal a dog....you saved a dog!!!! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    My 13yr old dog's back legs are giving out....

I have never been with a dying animal.

It's Christmas and I'm alone with him.

Been to vet, can't do anything about it.

Found him on floor of bedroom crying when I got home. His legs had lost control.

I don't like this at all.
    this is heartbreaking. a lot of us have been thru this. I can't think of much worse. smother him with love....there's not much else you can do. stay strong and know that there are lots of people who understand what you're going thru :cry::cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm wrote:

IMG_4799.JPG
    like gracie and our bed! :lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Cleo this morning as I was trying out the new camera.

5291102654_b02e2db884.jpg
    002 by mickeyrat, on Flickr
    i'm pretty sure that dog hunts wolverines, but what kind is it, exactly :?
    good looking, whatever ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    So this was taken about 10yrs ago, it was our first Christmas tree in our new house.

It has been 3 months, and i miss her soooooo much. :cry:

12-2000FirstXmassTree-1-1.jpg

I promise to get the last pictures of her up soon.
    :cry::cry::cry:
    as you know, I wish you would rescue another dog and share that big heart of yours!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • katyainthesnow.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    th_photo-24.jpg

I really have to get my regular camera!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • First snow for the puppies...

DSC_0027.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
    ^^^^^^
    AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :mrgreen:
    I love that last one _ what a riot! Which one is Oliver and which one is Eddie?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • I love that last one _ what a riot! Which one is Oliver and which one is Eddie?
    Eddie is the buried one :lol:
    Oliver looks better in the Mutual Of Omaha Wild Kingdom-ish shots :mrgreen:

The started at the same size, but Ol has grown about 1/3 bigger than Edward V....
    GoiMTvP.gif

The started at the same size, but Ol has grown about 1/3 bigger than Edward V....

Oh my God _ remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom? Marlon Perkins was always in the studio. "And now we'll watch Jim wrestle a wildebeast."

Oh my God _ remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom? Marlon Perkins was always in the studio. "And now we'll watch Jim wrestle a wildebeast."

Marlon was a sadist
    wildkingdom.jpg
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    BD - great pics!! :D:D

Molly is terribly confused, I've moved all the furniture around and I think it's freaked her out a bit. :(
    Claireack wrote:
    BD - great pics!! :D:D

Molly is terribly confused, I've moved all the furniture around and I think it's freaked her out a bit. :(

Sweet Pea is not amused by random changes in the home environment and usually expresses her displeasure by peeing somewhere or eating something you somewhat treasure.
    finally got a pic of norm with his ear doing a yoda thing :D
    IMG_4956.JPG
    First snow for the puppies...

DSC_0013.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "the water today seems thicker than usual...."