~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• I am considering adopting a 1.5 year old cock-a-poo who is being fostered right now after his owner gave him up. I lost my job last week so now would be a good time for me to do this. He seems great, has been to obedience school and everything like that. I've never had a dog before so this one being already trained is perfect for me. I hope this works out.

Possible names:

Vedder
    Curtis (for Curtis Martin)
    Fabian (for Fabian Cancellara)
    Revis (for Darrelle)

:mrgreen:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    I am considering adopting a 1.5 year old cock-a-poo who is being fostered right now after his owner gave him up. I lost my job last week so now would be a good time for me to do this. He seems great, has been to obedience school and everything like that. I've never had a dog before so this one being already trained is perfect for me. I hope this works out.

Possible names:

Vedder
    Revis (for Darrelle)

how about Bill (for Bill Bellicheck)
    or Tommy (for Tom Brady)? :shock: :lol::lol:

good luck with the little guy and keep us posted!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    Is a cock-a-poo a cocker spaniel and poodle mix? :?
    ~JzP
    IMG01138.jpg?t=1293027678

My friend, my co-pilot.
    ~JzP
    JzP wrote:
    I sure hope so. the other possibility is not something you'd want around your house. :shock:
    or maybe you would.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    some more crappy cell phone pictures. gracie still doesn't love her booties :roll: .

Photo0201.jpg

Photo0199.jpg

Photo0200.jpg

Photo0198.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0365-1.jpg
    DSC_0370-1.jpg
    Sammi has the sweetest face. I mean, all of her is cute but that face makes me just want to cuddle her!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    imalive wrote:
    some more crappy cell phone pictures. gracie still doesn't love her booties :roll: .

Photo0201.jpg

Photo0199.jpg

Photo0200.jpg

Photo0198.jpg
    but does she know how cuuuuute she is in them?!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0365-1.jpg
    DSC_0370-1.jpg
    Sammi has the sweetest face. I mean, all of her is cute but that face makes me just want to cuddle her!
    :D:D
    she's ma cuuutie... too bad she's a snob and doesnt like anyone but a few of us - she has a face everyone wants to pet but she don't like no one 8-) :? :D
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    She's a beautiful dog haffajappa. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    JzP wrote:
    IMG01138.jpg?t=1293027678

My friend, my co-pilot.

"Pleeeeease let me drive, just for a minute. Swear to God I won't pull into the nearest Arby's drive through. Well, at least I'll try..."
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • imalive wrote:
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    I am considering adopting a 1.5 year old cock-a-poo who is being fostered right now after his owner gave him up. I lost my job last week so now would be a good time for me to do this. He seems great, has been to obedience school and everything like that. I've never had a dog before so this one being already trained is perfect for me. I hope this works out.

Possible names:

Vedder
    Revis (for Darrelle)

how about Bill (for Bill Bellicheck)
    or Tommy (for Tom Brady)? :shock: :lol::lol:

good luck with the little guy and keep us posted!

I'd name him Cujo before either of those names. :lol:

Update is it looks like the people fostering him want to keep him..he's that lovable. :cry:
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:

Photo0201.jpg

Photo0199.jpg

Photo0200.jpg

Photo0198.jpg

She might not like those booties, but damn she looks soooooo happy..... :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    some more crappy cell phone pictures.

no this is a crappy cell phone pic

IMG_20101222_123134.jpg

bad enough trying to take a pic of my hyper-kinetic dog in normal conditions but add snow, gloves.... :twisted:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    Black on white with that shape makes it a good picture norm. :thumbup:
    norm wrote:

no this is a crappy cell phone pic

IMG_20101222_123134.jpg

bad enough trying to take a pic of my hyper-kinetic dog in normal conditions but add snow, gloves.... :twisted:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • JzP wrote:
    yes and in this cross you get the best of both breeds. they're really cute..
  • imalive wrote:

Photo0201.jpg

Photo0199.jpg

Photo0200.jpg

Photo0198.jpg
    I take it you had her fitted with front botties that she can't squeeze out of? Have no fear like I said it takes time for them to get used to them.. Keep it up and by the end of your winter weather it'll be old hat, and next year will sail through smoothly, and soon she'll expect them to go on. They really are helpful, they also help on the "track in" factor. We always take them off just before the dog(s) come inside; paws are dry and clean, and dirty booties get hung to dry... (SOOOO much easier than the old method, you know mopping...lol :-) )they look great on her!
  • haffajappa wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    she had fun once you got there, didn't she? :|

so far!!

DSC_0365-1.jpgut I love your dog an
    DSC_0370-1.jpg
    What is Sammi's story? where did you get her, how old is she? she's gorgeous but yes, even in those pics she looks unsure, and yet she trusts you, enough to go.. She's an awesome dog. And what IS she? Could be so many things..but I definately love your doggie.
  • UPDATE:

Chloe Dancer ( the lady who is fostering her for us is calling her that now ), has gained six pounds total and is well and strong enough to go to the vet today. Please send us some good vibes, she's developed an upper respiratory infection, we think it may have been from being in the cold.. please send us some good vibes.. we're taking pictures so we can try to build a case and we now have a major shelter that we work with, in our corner. The only thing is I stole the dog.. I don't know what we're gonna do about that...Please keep us in your prayers.. thanks.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    ^^^ Positive vibes coming your way, really hope all is going well.
  • JzP wrote:

Cockapoo, adorable!

cockapoo_diaz.jpg
  • UPDATE:

Chloe Dancer ( the lady who is fostering her for us is calling her that now ), has gained six pounds total and is well and strong enough to go to the vet today. Please send us some good vibes, she's developed an upper respiratory infection, we think it may have been from being in the cold.. please send us some good vibes.. we're taking pictures so we can try to build a case and we now have a major shelter that we work with, in our corner. The only thing is I stole the dog.. I don't know what we're gonna do about that...Please keep us in your prayers.. thanks.
    Try to stop thinking that you "stole" her. She "got out of her yard" and you took her to a foster, thinking she was a stray. ;);)

Years ago we had neighbors who neglected their dogs. They even left them behind when they moved! They came back about once a week to get stuff they'd left and would give the dogs some food, but they would have starved if we hadn't fed them. My husband saw the neighbor once and told him if they didn't want the dogs anymore, they should take them to a shelter. The neighbor said oh no, they still wanted them and would be back for them. Never happened.

After 3 weeks had gone by, I felt like I couldn't take care of 3 additional dogs (we had 3 ourselves). I called the human society and they said I couldn't really go into someone else's yard and take the dogs. However, if the gate JUST HAPPENED to be left open and the dogs JUST HAPPENED to get out, we could bring them in as strays. Well, of course we went into the yard and got them but when we took them to the humane society we said they were strays. All 3 were young and fairly healthy so I've always hoped they were adopted.

I will do my utmost on the good vibes for Chloe Dancer!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    JzP wrote:

Cockapoo, adorable!

cockapoo_diaz.jpg

Very adorable :D good luck with this little fuzzy mixture :lol:
    ~JzP
  • My 13yr old dog's back legs are giving out....

I have never been with a dying animal.

It's Christmas and I'm alone with him.

Been to vet, can't do anything about it.

Found him on floor of bedroom crying when I got home. His legs had lost control.

I don't like this at all.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    My 13yr old dog's back legs are giving out....

Found him on floor of bedroom crying when I got home. His legs had lost control.

That happened to Jakey too. This is very hard I know. You've been there for him all his life and this is apart of life. Hold him while you can. I'm sorry this is how it is when your dog lives a good long life and you must say goodbye. Through this all remember, you are blessed with the love you will have forever.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    pandora wrote:

That happened to Jakey too. This is very hard I know. You've been there for him all his life and this is apart of life. Hold him while you can. I'm sorry this is how it is when your dog lives a good long life and you must say goodbye. Through this all remember, you are blessed with the love you will have forever.

Such true words... remember, sometimes our final gift to them is to ease their suffering, no matter how much it hurts us.

Thinking of you...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

My heart goes out to you. I have been with dying animals but not my dog. There are so many people here including myself if you need to express yourself. Take these days and enjoy what you have. Be strong...much love.
    ~JzP
    justam wrote:
    Thank you :):)
    She's my baby!
    Not too happy about having to stay in the garage tonight, since we checked out of the hotel this morning and are staying at my dad's friends house for the remainder of our trip... :(
  • My 13yr old dog's back legs are giving out....

I just went through this with my boys, one year apart. It's no easier the second, third, hundreth time around. I have been with many animals as they pass,some my own, some rescues that didn't quite make it. Everyone here is right, all you can do is give them the company they gave you in your darkest of hours; in theirs. We're all here for you, to listen to anything you need to get out or share,..This seems to be one really awesome grip of animal people.
  • haffajappa wrote:
    justam wrote:
    Thank you :):)
    She's my baby!
    Not too happy about having to stay in the garage tonight, since we checked out of the hotel this morning and are staying at my dad's friends house for the remainder of our trip... :(
    doggies make the best travel partners!!