~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I know this probably sounds really silly. But last night I was finalising all the arrangements for Molly when we're away and I got really upset. I know our holiday will be great but I really wish she was coming and if she can't come I don't think I want to go. I know it's stupid, and she's going to be stopping with a lovely friend with a great dog to play with and she will be fine and happy but I really don't want to leave her behind.

:(
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Claireack wrote:
    I know this probably sounds really silly. But last night I was finalising all the arrangements for Molly when we're away and I got really upset. I know our holiday will be great but I really wish she was coming and if she can't come I don't think I want to go. I know it's stupid, and she's going to be stopping with a lovely friend with a great dog to play with and she will be fine and happy but I really don't want to leave her behind.

Claire, she will be fine, and if it makes you feel better, I will tell you a funny story: We have not gone on vacation without the dogs for 6 years. Some friends came to visit a few years ago (we only had one dog then) and we couldn't take Waldo. I was SO sad! :cry: We were going on the boat for a few days and I knew he'd 'be mad' because when we came home we'd 'smell like the ocean/beach' (We can't say the word 'beach' with out him freaking out). Well we left him with some friends, who proceeded to tell us that Waldo refused to sleep on the floor, and insisted on their bed, he also kicked the wife out of the bed, she had to sleep on the couch. When we went to pick him up, he didn't even care that we were there to get him. :o :shock: Then when we put him in the car to leave, our friends' dog then jumped in the car to come home with us! :lol:
    I would love to take my dogs everywhere with me...but not everybody is a dog lover.... :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Claireack wrote:

it's amazing how fast ones dog can become such a part of your life...if i ever have to leave norm at home, even for a short amount of time, i always miss him being in the back of the car...it's so ingrained since he's almost always with me
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    imalive wrote:
    Warning: graphic content ahead.

Gracie has had a tough life. She's had cancer; she's had digestive issues and she's had vomitting issues. It would break my heart to see her explosive poops....they would get stuck in her "bloomers" and sometimes she would even poop on her foot. It embarrassed her and was very sad :cry: . That's why I'm so happy about this....the "stonehenge poop" that has come from her new diet:

that baby is standing straight up! the proof is in the (lack of) pudding (poop) :mrgreen: . Sorry, but this is is great development! :lol:

Around here, we call those "Poohenge"! We've been feeding Charley and Remy a fish & potatoe food for years, so their poops are generally regular, compact, and well-formed...so if something is amiss, we're sure to notice right away! It's expensive food, but it's not all filler and it keeps their hair super shiny and their noses cold and wet!

So glad to hear that this high density food works just as well for other dogs! Yay, Gracie! Optimum pooper! Paws up from Charley Bo Barley and Remy the Wrecker (she wrecks stuff).....

I'ma hafto get something, sammi is clearly constipated again.
    Got a few dirty looks from the township landscapers, as Sammi did all the right postures and movements ( :lol: ) like she was pooping but left me nothing to pick up... So when I just kept on walking I'm sure it looked suspicious...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    norm wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

it's amazing how fast ones dog can become such a part of your life...if i ever have to leave norm at home, even for a short amount of time, i always miss him being in the back of the car...it's so ingrained since he's almost always with me
    Or do you ever feel guilty if you're somehwer that they'd love but you don't have them with you?
    Like if I have to stop by a pet store on the way home or end up going out to some outdoor thing spur of the moment when I'm out without Sammi... I always feel soooo guilty that she's at home and I couldn't go home and get her first
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Just wanted to say hi, thinking about you guys and your puppies...

I have a shelf with some of Trix's stuff on it, now i am waiting for her ashes to
    complete it.

Finding it hard to get rid of some things. :cry:

who says you have to get rid of things???? You are ure own boss, nobody should tell you that you need to throw stuff away. I still have surfs collars in my drawer. And...a......small container.....with...some dry food of his that I used to take with us when we'd go places. *sigh*
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My girl Ziggy got a bit tired watched the football Grand Final last Sunday so she decided to climb up and have a sleep on my mate, Pete. She's so snuggly.

5059037016_cbb35d093b.jpg

5058469017_13de534375.jpg

5059041840_729db6b0e6.jpg
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    My girl Ziggy got a bit tired watched the football Grand Final last Sunday so she decided to climb up and have a sleep on my mate, Pete. She's so snuggly.

That's awesome! :lol:

Ever since I went into hospital last week, my son and Rufus (mini poodle) have not left my side.....even at bedtime. So I get left with just the edge of the queensize bed whilst the other 2 hog it all.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I love this photo.

Mum....my head....it's so heavy....heeeelp meeee!

Zig loves it when I hold her paw and always reaches it out to me so I grab it. Fuck I love that dog! She's my baby.

5059101976_ec14f2494b.jpg
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    awwwww...ziggy looks soooo happy! :mrgreen:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

dammit zig! The pictures of your doggies NEVER dissapoint! I'm soooo MADD right now becuz I can't play with them!!! But AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Ziggy those pics make me wish I could have another boxer (work too long hours now :() ... I loved my boxer soooooo much ... best pet I've ever had :mrgreen:

Claire I was in a pub at the weekend and there was a woman there with her 16 month old Border Terrier called Colin ... if you ever want Molly to go on a date let me know ;) :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    HeavyHands wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Don't force it. Who says you have to get rid of things according to a time table. You'll do it when the time is right for you.

But I'll warn you. If you don't do it fast enough you'll wind up with another one. :)

Nobody has even tried to tell me to get rid of anything, they would not dare to!!!

The only thing i got rid of, was all her meds. I still have her food and treats. I will save the toys she always played with along with her leash and collar!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

A friend kept her dog's water bowl filled with fresh water for weeks after he was gone.
    I find it very hard to get rid of their collars. Eventually I started to bury the collar with the ashes. But with one of my fur-kids I could hardly bring myself to bury her ashes, even though we have a special place in the yard. :cry:

It all takes time. You had many years to love Trix, so of course the hurt stays with you for a long time. I know hearing that doesn't help much. But you will feel better again, even though it may feel like that will never happen.

I've been thinking about you too.

I know about the water bowl, i just emptied the water yesterday. That was hard!!! but have left both her water and food bowls in the same place and don't think i can put those away just yet. Her collar and leash will be saved, they are on the shelf as well as her rope that we played with and a special something that someone from here made for me. Its a key chain that has "I (a heart shape) Trix", and a ball she always played with.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Just wanted to say hi, thinking about you guys and your puppies...

I have a shelf with some of Trix's stuff on it, now i am waiting for her ashes to complete it.

Take your time with that... we still have Seamus's collar on the little lab statue in the foyer. And his ashes on the whatchamacallit that the TV is on, since he liked the living room.

Is someone going to be with you when you get the ashes? I found that difficult. My husband is not at all a crier, but when we got that little bag and little box, it was hard to think that was all that was left of such a big heart and bigger personality. We both cried at that.

Plus, that just seems so final. I hope you're not alone.

(((hug)))

Have not even thought about bringing someone with me to pick up her ashes... oh man im tearing up gotta go... btw i feel alone without her!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    A friend kept her dog's water bowl filled with fresh water for weeks after he was gone.
    I find it very hard to get rid of their collars. Eventually I started to bury the collar with the ashes. But with one of my fur-kids I could hardly bring myself to bury her ashes, even though we have a special place in the yard. :cry:

It all takes time. You had many years to love Trix, so of course the hurt stays with you for a long time. I know hearing that doesn't help much. But you will feel better again, even though it may feel like that will never happen.

I've been thinking about you too.

I know about the water bowl, i just emptied the water yesterday. That was hard!!! but have left both her water and food bowls in the same place and don't think i can put those away just yet. Her collar and leash will be saved, they are on the shelf as well as her rope that we played with and a special something that someone from here made for me. Its a key chain that has "I (a heart shape) Trix", and a ball she always played with.
    I am sorry, I know how this hurts :cry:
    We put our doggies tags on the Christmas tree each year...my Scottie McKay, our family dog from when I was a teen passed in '84 at 12, Molly the midwest regional frisbee champion in '87 at 14, Maggie Mae and Scout, pure breeds with congenital troubles in '93 and '98 both just before their 5th birthdays and Jakey in '08 at 14.
    We have ornaments that resemble them or a picture ornament to hang with the tags.
    Its a nice tradition and we feel like they are still with us after all these years,
    they never leave your heart and this love a blessing to honor :D
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

OMG Ziggy is beautiful!!! I love Boxers!!! When I get a house, a Boxer is going to be the first addition.... We have a Boxer pup at work...they're great
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    6th Oct 2008....said goodbye to my beautiful big boy Mac. I still miss him everyday. :cry:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Have not even thought about bringing someone with me to pick up her ashes... oh man im tearing up gotta go... btw i feel alone without her!!!
    Hang in there!
    :cry:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Thanks for everything everyone said about leaving Molly at home. I dropped her off at my friends earlier and shed a little tear. She is such a sweetheart.

I know she'll have a fantastic time at my friends and her dog Blue even wagged his tail this time when he saw her.

Chime - maybe in a while we may be thinking of the Colin's of the world, had a nasty moment the other week when a bigger dog tried climbing aboard, nearly had heart failure!

{sigh}
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Hi Everyone!

DSC03576.jpg
    DSC03574.jpg
    DSC03571.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • i love that this thread is still going after all this time...here is a pic of my buddy Nash...after reading all of these stories about dogs passing, it makes me fearful of when it is his time, as he is 9 now...i have had 5 dogs in my life growing up, but he is the first one that i can say is "my dog"...we had a cancer scare earlier this year and had that removed and he seems so much more vibrant since then. i love him more than anything....

46996_10150101909727627_555957626_7477091_6494726_n.jpg
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    i love that this thread is still going after all this time...here is a pic of my buddy Nash...after reading all of these stories about dogs passing, it makes me fearful of when it is his time, as he is 9 now...i have had 5 dogs in my life growing up, but he is the first one that i can say is "my dog"...we had a cancer scare earlier this year and had that removed and he seems so much more vibrant since then. i love him more than anything....

Awww hello Nash!
    I know what you maen about starting to worry. Sammi will be 10 in November, I worry about her more than my brittle old grandmother.
  • haffajappa wrote:
    i love that this thread is still going after all this time...here is a pic of my buddy Nash...after reading all of these stories about dogs passing, it makes me fearful of when it is his time, as he is 9 now...i have had 5 dogs in my life growing up, but he is the first one that i can say is "my dog"...we had a cancer scare earlier this year and had that removed and he seems so much more vibrant since then. i love him more than anything....

Awww hello Nash!
    I know what you maen about starting to worry. Sammi will be 10 in November, I worry about her more than my brittle old grandmother.
    we had a black lab named sammi and she passed away in 2007. she was the sweetest dog ever. nash was devestated and still acts a little funny when i take him to my parent's place, almost like he is searching for her.

i would not worry too much about your sammi. just make sure she has a happy and complete life. because that is all she is trying to do for you.

it is funny how we seem to care more for our animals than some people in our lives. i think my reasoning is my dog will never hurt me, while i can't even say that about close friends....

oh.my.god. I've been WAITING to see my pal Nash in here forEVER! thanks Rod for finally posting his picture!!! :) I miss seeing pictures of him. I can't believe how old he is now! I think Nash and Gracie should 'play' together ;):lol:

6th Oct 2008....said goodbye to my beautiful big boy Mac. I still miss him everyday. :cry:

You've come to the right place to share your thoughts. :)

edited October 2010
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hi Everyone!

DSC03576.jpg
    DSC03574.jpg

Well hello Monty and Petey!!!
    awwwww they look so comfy, and content!!! very cute indeed!!!
    Post edited by PJ_ROCKS on

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Well hello Nash. Thanks for sharing with us!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• SENROCK wrote:

oh.my.god. I've been WAITING to see my pal Nash in here forEVER! thanks Rod for finally posting his picture!!! :) I miss seeing pictures of him. I can't believe how old he is now! I think Nash and Gracie should 'play' together ;):lol:
    Hi Sen, it has been a long time. i looked through like 40 pages of this thread to see if i ever posted a pic of him but i gave up looking since there are 438 or so pages or something lol... yeah he is getting up there but he is still as energetic as ever, which is good. i am sure he would like to play with Gracie. the good thing is that since he is getting older he is much less dog-aggressive so i can actually take him places without him wanting to "dominate" other dogs lol...

• PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Well hello Nash. Thanks for sharing with us!!!
    lol thanks. i have hundreds of pics of him but they are all too big so until i figure out how to resize them this is the only one that fits lol..