~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    lol thanks. i have hundreds of pics of him but they are all too big so until i figure out how to resize them this is the only one that fits lol..

it's annoying cuz you have to resize on photobucket and A LOT of times, the board here doesn't accept it til the 3rd or 4th refresh! It makes me angry! With that being said, I look forward to more Nash pics! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    i love that this thread is still going after all this time...here is a pic of my buddy Nash...after reading all of these stories about dogs passing, it makes me fearful of when it is his time, as he is 9 now...i have had 5 dogs in my life growing up, but he is the first one that i can say is "my dog"...we had a cancer scare earlier this year and had that removed and he seems so much more vibrant since then. i love him more than anything....

46996_10150101909727627_555957626_7477091_6494726_n.jpg
    Nash is a doll!
    Don't you love how doggie's noses match doggie's eyes...the color :D I do!!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    The family is trying to exile sammi to the downstairs of our house.
    Until recently she was only allowed downstairs (though I know she snuck up when we weren't home :D ) but then my mom started letting her sleep in my room (and on my bed, unbeknownst to my mother!)

Well now they wanna exile her back! It'll mess with her head, I tell them.
    She's done the damage, permitting her up now there's no turning back.

So Sammi and I put up the good fight, I still bring her up every night I get home from work and whenever I am in my bedroom :mrgreen:

Maybe I should start a petition..
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    haffajappa wrote:
    Until recently she was only allowed downstairs (though I know she snuck up when we weren't home :D ) but then my mom started letting her sleep in my room (and on my bed, unbeknownst to my mother!)

So Sammi and I put up the good fight, I still bring her up every night I get home from work and whenever I am in my bedroom :mrgreen:

I will be the first one to sign your petition!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm has a new friend! :mrgreen:

meet Louie...my buddy got him from a shelter about 3 weeks ago...he's a poodle terrier mix...he was dropped off by the assistant of the family that owned him...they didn't want him because he didn't get along with the kids (meaning the kids treated him like shit and i just spent an hour with him and he's the most chill dog you're gonna meet) and he peed on a $20,000 sofa (a dog peed on a sofa?? i'm shocked! :roll: )...then 2 weeks later the assistant called to get the dog back...the shelter said tough shit

anyway, today was the first meeting

IMG_4361.JPG

IMG_4362.JPG

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4365.JPG

IMG_4367.JPG
  • pandora wrote:
    i love that this thread is still going after all this time...here is a pic of my buddy Nash...after reading all of these stories about dogs passing, it makes me fearful of when it is his time, as he is 9 now...i have had 5 dogs in my life growing up, but he is the first one that i can say is "my dog"...we had a cancer scare earlier this year and had that removed and he seems so much more vibrant since then. i love him more than anything....

46996_10150101909727627_555957626_7477091_6494726_n.jpg
    Nash is a doll!
    Don't you love how doggie's noses match doggie's eyes...the color :D I do!!
    thank you :)

i love how they match as well. he has the deepest brown eyes i have ever seen. another thing i love about dogs is they have eyebrows and can make expressions. did you ever notice how dogs have a dark outline around their eyes that looks like eyeliner? it is very similar to the style found on pharoahs in ancient egyptian art. it is really quite coincidental. the vet said that outline is similar to athletes wearing eye black, it cuts down on glare..
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

I will be the first one to sign your petition!!!
    i'll sign it too..

• norm wrote:

meet Louie...my buddy got him from a shelter about 3 weeks ago...he's a poodle terrier mix...he was dropped off by the assistant of the family that owned him...they didn't want him because he didn't get along with the kids (meaning the kids treated him like shit and i just spent an hour with him and he's the most chill dog you're gonna meet) and he peed on a $20,000 sofa (a dog peed on a sofa?? i'm shocked! :roll: )...then 2 weeks later the assistant called to get the dog back...the shelter said tough shit

IMG_4361.JPG

IMG_4362.JPG

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4365.JPG

IMG_4367.JPG
    that is awesome norm. congrats on the new friend.

• ok so tomorrow is the sad day.. Tonight will be the last time the Ace greets me at my car when I get home...I've been hiding in Linen closets all night to cry.. good thing the hotel is undersold..Anyhow send me some good vibes I'm gonna need them tomorrow.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    ok so tomorrow is the sad day.. Tonight will be the last time the Ace greets me at my car when I get home...I've been hiding in Linen closets all night to cry.. good thing the hotel is undersold..Anyhow send me some good vibes I'm gonna need them tomorrow.

Good vibes coming your way, hugs to both of you.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    ok so tomorrow is the sad day.. Tonight will be the last time the Ace greets me at my car when I get home...I've been hiding in Linen closets all night to cry.. good thing the hotel is undersold..Anyhow send me some good vibes I'm gonna need them tomorrow.

good vibes sent your way and big hugs for you and Ace.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Thinking of you and praying for you both
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    photo-1.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432

:( I'm so sorry. Hugs and love going out to you.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,886
    i've been away for a few days, so I don't know the whole story on Ace :cry:

but big (((((vibes))))) and (((((hugs))))) and (((((thoughts))))) coming your way. this is the ONLY thing that sucks about letting a dog into your life :cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm wrote:

IMG_4361.JPG

IMG_4362.JPG

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4365.JPG

IMG_4367.JPG

Hi Louie!!! :wave:
    What a cute little face!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

ok so tomorrow is the sad day.. Tonight will be the last time the Ace greets me at my car when I get home...

That right there is what kept me from going home after my Surfer died. :cry: Its tough. *sigh*
    Im adding Ace to the list in the very first post of this thread......

• Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192

Big hugs and prayers! Its SO hard to do. Our hearts are with yours today..
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,886
    norm wrote:

IMG_4367.JPG

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553

Hope you're okay...
    :cry:
    (((hug)))
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited October 2010
    thanks to everyone for sending me the love, I now have NO dog, but am borrowing my sister's dog to love on.. he's lost with the wolf-dogs gone now.. He keeps looking for Ace everywhere and sitting at the front door like he's just outside.. and Senrock can ya add Momo too? They were brothers and very close. I am so lonely without my boys..Momo died on sept 22,2009 and Ace died Oct. 11, 2010.. my boys I'll miss them forever..
    P.s. and this was my favorite part.. get this both were born on Feb,14, 1997.. they were my fluffy valentines..
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm so sorry hands...hang in there
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    whispering hands, I'm very sorry to hear you lost your companions.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    thanks to everyone for sending me the love, I now have NO dog, but am borrowing my sister's dog to love on.. he's lost with the wolf-dogs gone now.. He keeps looking for Ace everywhere and sitting at the front door like he's just outside.. and Senrock can ya add Momo too? They were brothers and very close. I am so lonely without my boys..Momo died on sept 22,2009 and Ace died Oct. 11, 2010.. my boys I'll miss them forever..
    P.s. and this was my favorite part.. get this both were born on Feb,14, 1997.. they were my fluffy valentines..

I'm so sorry for your loss

It's one of the worst feelings in the world

Hang in there
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Aw, i'm so sorry
    They really did sound beautiful.

They were your fluffy valentines and i'm sure they filled your heart with lots of laughs and good times.
    Hang in there!
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323

so sad :( Hope you are doing OK
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited October 2010
    A guy serving in Afghanistan rescued a puppy and had it shipped home to his family ... this is the video that was made of his reunion with both his 2 legged and 4 legged family members. Look how crazy his Afghan friend who had been shipped to a different country with nothing and nobody familiar goes when his Daddy comes home ... have some tissues ready ;) ... definitely induces some happy tears :lol:

Thought this thread would appreciate this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwpw9VYVWg

This charity helps get puppies and kitties back to the soldiers who befriended them in Afghanistan and Iraq

http://www.nowzad.com

... and whispering hands ... so sorry for what you are having to go through
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I am so very sorry to hear this...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    chime wrote:
    A guy serving in Afghanistan rescued a puppy and had it shipped home to his family ... this is the video that was made of his reunion with both his 2 legged and 4 legged family members. Look how crazy his Afghan friend who had been shipped to a different country with nothing and nobody familiar goes when his Daddy comes home ... have some tissues ready ;) ... definitely induces some happy tears :lol:

Thought this thread would appreciate this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwpw9VYVWg

This charity helps get puppies and kitties back to the soldiers who befriended them in Afghanistan and Iraq

http://www.nowzad.com

... and whispering hands ... so sorry for what you are having to go through
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCKET BUBBA!! We heard about him a while ago someone posted the link to the facebook wall... so glad he made it home!!
    Definitely gave Sammi a big hug after that one... Thanks for posting!!
  • Yeah that is awesome that the doggie got to see his human friend again imagine what that little guy thought when he saw him again!!!