~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Meet P.J.! Half basset hound, half blue heeler, all cute!

cutepuppyiscute.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

:shock: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Welcome to the doggie thread P.J!!!!! Those eyes are DANGEROUS!!!! :D Please add pictures as often as possible!!! :wave:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    imalive wrote:

IMG_3018-1.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! This is a GREAT picture! She looks like shes up to something! :lol:

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

Has there been a PJ doggie Pre-Party?

We need to figure out where everyone is (states) and find the center point. There are too many gorgeous doggies in here and WE need to meet them!!!! :D For real.

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    SENROCK wrote:
    Has there been a PJ doggie Pre-Party?

We need to figure out where everyone is (states) and find the center point. There are too many gorgeous doggies in here and WE need to meet them!!!! :D For real.

I agree. That would be fun. Our new puppy Brian just had his last shot and is ready to go out and see the world. After he wakes up.

photo-2-1.jpg
  • SENROCK wrote:
    Meet P.J.! Half basset hound, half blue heeler, all cute!

:shock: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Welcome to the doggie thread P.J!!!!! Those eyes are DANGEROUS!!!! :D Please add pictures as often as possible!!! :wave:

Thanks! There are so many beautiful dogs on the thread already, thanks for having room for one more. Everyone that meets him comments on his big eyes and floppy ears. I would add more pictures, but he will hardly stay still long enough to snap one!
  • Found another from when he was just a few weeks old.

young-1.jpg
  • Enkidu wrote:
    I agree. That would be fun. Our new puppy Brian just had his last shot and is ready to go out and see the world. After he wakes up.

photo-2-1.jpg
    "NOBODY gets my ball!" :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Enkidu wrote:

photo-2-1.jpg
    OMG he's so cute i love it
    I love how he isn't even close to growing into those ears!! :lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    Sammi decided it was her turn to cuddle and jumped up on the bed to squeeze my boyfriend out of his spot
    86c474e7-1.jpg
    5960423b-1.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    haffajappa wrote:
    Sammi decided it was her turn to cuddle and jumped up on the bed to squeeze my boyfriend out of his spot
    86c474e7-1.jpg
    5960423b-1.jpg

:lol::lol:

:mrgreen:
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    :cry: Sad news to share, Trix passed away yesterday. She is in a better place where she will no longer suffer and be in pain. She was a fighter with lots of love to give, she will be sooooooo missed. She has fought for four years giving everything she had to make me happy, and i returned the love ten times over.Trix was there for me when i was sick, she would lick my wounds to make them better, and just knew when things were not going good for me. She was my best friend, she was my rock!!! A piece of me left yesterday and i am so sad and feeling so numb right now. The house feels so cold, and i feel so alone.

Trix you will be missed every day that i am ALIVE.....

R.I.P. Trix

:cry:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146

i really don't know what to say...goodbye trix...your love and companionship will never be forgotten
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    :cry: Sad news to share, Trix passed away yesterday. She is in a better place where she will no longer suffer and be in pain. She was a fighter with lots of love to give, she will be sooooooo missed. She has fought for four years giving everything she had to make me happy, and i returned the love ten times over.Trix was there for me when i was sick, she would lick my wounds to make them better, and just knew when things were not going good for me. She was my best friend, she was my rock!!! A piece of me left yesterday and i am so sad and feeling so numb right now. The house feels so cold, and i feel so alone.

R.I.P. Trix

Oh no I am SO sorry! :( :( :cry:
    I think she had an effect on all of us whenver you gave us updates. We know she was a fighter and a great friend.
    Hopefully you can feel the comfort of knowing she isn't in any pain and will always still be with you.

All the best to you!!!
  • PJ_ROCKS wrote:

R.I.P. Trix

I'm so sorry. :cry:
    I always enjoyed your pictures of Trix and looked forward to your updates on her. She led a good life filled with love from you. Always remember the happy times you had together.

Goodbye Trix! You touched far more people than you could ever know and you will be remembered with love.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    R.I.P Trix. :cry:

You'll be missed by everyone :cry:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

R.I.P. Trix

I'm so sorry. :cry:
    I always enjoyed your pictures of Trix and looked forward to your updates on her. She led a good life filled with love from you. Always remember the happy times you had together.

Goodbye Trix! You touched far more people than you could ever know and you will be remembered with love.

I couldn't say this any better. Trix did touch a lot of people. All the best to you, good thoughts zinging your way from L.A.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

R.I.P. Trix

Oh, no... Trix... I'm so sorry to hear that. She put up quite a fight, and so many of us have been pulling for her and you. I'm sure it's a small comfort to you to know she's not in pain any more, but it's so awful that she's gone. Big hugs to you... :cry:
    One day at a time...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

R.I.P. Trix

So very sorry to hear about Trix. My thoughts are with you.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,886

Oh, no... Trix... I'm so sorry to hear that. She put up quite a fight, and so many of us have been pulling for her and you. I'm sure it's a small comfort to you to know she's not in pain any more, but it's so awful that she's gone. Big hugs to you... :cry:
    One day at a time...

I was fortunate enough to meet Ron at the Salt Lake pre-party in sept '09. we hung out, drank (a lot of) beer and talked about PJ, dogs and life. at the time, gracie had yet to get her cancer but trixie was already having a tough time. you all can tell how much Ron loved his girl but, I'm here to tell you, you could REALLY see it in his eyes and in his stories. I knew it was coming, but the text he sent me saddened the hell out of me. ron is a great guy and a great doggie dad. I don't want to embarrass him, but something came in the mail yesterday, from ron to me, that absolutely floored me for his kindness, generosity and "out of the blue" nature. Thanks, buddy!! Believe me, it is cool beyond words :mrgreen: .

So, once again, I gotta post the following. it's true for all dogs but, with Trixie, it's really true. Take care buddy...the days will get better but there will be a hole in your heart for a long, long time :cry: .

If you ever love an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a forth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

R.I.P. Trix

Sorry to hear about your beloved Trix...losing a friend has got to be one of the hardest things. She has blessed you with many good times and memories....my thoughts are with you. :cry:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    imalive wrote:

One day at a time...

I was fortunate enough to meet Ron at the Salt Lake pre-party in sept '09. we hung out, drank (a lot of) beer and talked about PJ, dogs and life. at the time, gracie had yet to get her cancer but trixie was already having a tough time. you all can tell how much Ron loved his girl but, I'm here to tell you, you could REALLY see it in his eyes and in his stories. I knew it was coming, but the text he sent me saddened the hell out of me. ron is a great guy and a great doggie dad. I don't want to embarrass him, but something came in the mail yesterday, from ron to me, that absolutely floored me for his kindness, generosity and "out of the blue" nature. Thanks, buddy!! Believe me, it is cool beyond words :mrgreen: .

So, once again, I gotta post the following. it's true for all dogs but, with Trixie, it's really true. Take care buddy...the days will get better but there will be a hole in your heart for a long, long time :cry: .

If you ever love an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a forth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.

:cry: that is so beautiful...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

R.I.P. Trix

I am so sorry. My heart aches for you. ox

I Remember
    I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
    I could see that you were crying. You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
    "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
    You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today. Your arms were getting sore.
    I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
    I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
    I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
    I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.
    To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
    in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning
    and say "Good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
    I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
    Be patient, live your journey out... then come home to be with me.

Author unknown
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Tomorrow is Petey Day again :D ....he will be 47 months old!

DSC03544.jpg
    DSC03543.jpg
    DSC03539.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    R.I.P. Trix :cry:

so sorry to hear about your loss.

you'll be ok.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • PJ_ROCKS wrote:

R.I.P. Trix

Awwww....I'm so sorry for your loss

It is one of the worst feelings in the world

I feel your pain

RIP Trix....you will be missed
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • imalive wrote:

ok...im crying now :( :( :(
    RIP Trix
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I was chewing this thing mum, I was having a great time, but now I've lost it and can't find it, but my neck seems strangely stiff.

100924_145646.jpg

Little sweet Molly;

100926_141214.jpg

:D
    imalive wrote:

One day at a time...

Oh man i did not see this coming,the tears are FLOWn my friend. thank you for your kind words, you are the best.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJaddicted wrote:

I am so sorry. My heart aches for you. ox

I Remember
    I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
    I could see that you were crying. You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
    "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
    You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today. Your arms were getting sore.
    I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
    I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
    I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
    I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.
    To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
    in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning
    and say "Good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
    I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
    Be patient, live your journey out... then come home to be with me.

Author unknown

Thank you so much for this!!!
    Now how am i to go back to work looking like this :cry:
    must get cleaned up now.

I truly thank all of you for your strength in these times, i will need it.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKS wrote:

R.I.P. Trix

So sorry :cry: