~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    imalive wrote:
    another day at the park; another new friend (this one had his own frisbee :mrgreen: ) and some more crappy cell phone pictures.

Photo0148.jpg

Photo0149.jpg

I like how Gracie lays with her back legs out

:)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! I freaking LOVE the way Gracie just hangs out and has conversations with her frenz! :D and you know I'm a huuuuuge fan of the frog legs! Thanks rob!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    SENROCK wrote:
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! I freaking LOVE the way Gracie just hangs out and has conversations with her frenz! :D and you know I'm a huuuuuge fan of the frog legs! Thanks rob!
    LOL it DOES look like gracie is going "so I says.."
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    another day at the park; another new friend (this one had his own frisbee :mrgreen: ) and some more crappy cell phone pictures.

the camera may be crappy but at least you get good pics...trying to get a good pic of norm is like trying to get a good pic of a gnat on a 36 hour cocaine binge :twisted: :lol:
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Took Bubba camping last week.

She loved the piles of woodchips at one of the rest stops
    100_2981-1.jpg
    Around the fire
    100_2982-1.jpg
    The Big Girl!!
    100_3002-1.jpg

100_3012-1.jpg

100_3013-1.jpg
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • wow I needed this thread... my story is of two wolf-dogs;brothers.. their names are and were Ace and Mo-Mo.. Momo was my road dog.. everywhere I went, that fuzzy fucker went with me.. Ace however was my more loyal dog and he stayed home cause he hated other humans more than I ever could..well Mo-mo was put to sleep last September and this year, on Oct. 11th as a matter of fact, I have to put Ace down too... It breaks my heart but, I know there will be another dog that will come along and teach me things like they did... I have a feeling it'll be a while before I get another dog..Been listening to Pilate alot lately.. I'm gonna be sooo sad.. at least when we had to put Mo-mo down I still had Ace.. now I just have Winston.. my sister's Blue Heeler..I'll need another dog soon enough though, I know, I've got this addiction to animals, got have some.. they are by far better than most humans on any given day. And the boys lived to ripe old ages by the way 12 and 13 respectively, thanks for this thread, it helps alot. To my boys!!!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    wow I needed this thread... my story is of two wolf-dogs;brothers.. their names are and were Ace and Mo-Mo.. Momo was my road dog.. everywhere I went, that fuzzy fucker went with me.. Ace however was my more loyal dog and he stayed home cause he hated other humans more than I ever could..well Mo-mo was put to sleep last September and this year, on Oct. 11th as a matter of fact, I have to put Ace down too... It breaks my heart but, I know there will be another dog that will come along and teach me things like they did... I have a feeling it'll be a while before I get another dog..Been listening to Pilate alot lately.. I'm gonna be sooo sad.. at least when we had to put Mo-mo down I still had Ace.. now I just have Winston.. my sister's Blue Heeler..I'll need another dog soon enough though, I know, I've got this addiction to animals, got have some.. they are by far better than most humans on any given day. And the boys lived to ripe old ages by the way 12 and 13 respectively, thanks for this thread, it helps alot. To my boys!!!

Sorry to hear this.
    wow I needed this thread... my story is of two wolf-dogs;brothers.. their names are and were Ace and Mo-Mo.. Momo was my road dog.. everywhere I went, that fuzzy fucker went with me.. Ace however was my more loyal dog and he stayed home cause he hated other humans more than I ever could..well Mo-mo was put to sleep last September and this year, on Oct. 11th as a matter of fact, I have to put Ace down too... It breaks my heart but, I know there will be another dog that will come along and teach me things like they did... I have a feeling it'll be a while before I get another dog..Been listening to Pilate alot lately.. I'm gonna be sooo sad.. at least when we had to put Mo-mo down I still had Ace.. now I just have Winston.. my sister's Blue Heeler..I'll need another dog soon enough though, I know, I've got this addiction to animals, got have some.. they are by far better than most humans on any given day. And the boys lived to ripe old ages by the way 12 and 13 respectively, thanks for this thread, it helps alot. To my boys!!!
    They sounded wonderful.
    Sammi doesn't care much for people either, I've only actually ever seen her take to one new person of all the people she's met.

I've always wanted a wolf hybrid.
    I love this thread too because we are connected by the dogs we love so much. We can all relate to you!
    Stay strong :)
    I hope you find another great companion soon <3
  • Let me give you fair warning on the hybrid thing..They are wonderfull friends.. but I swear to god they are NOT pets and never will be. Momo was very much so like Ferdinand the Bull.. He just loved people and flowers and kittens and he was a really weird DOG let alone wolf-dog, but mess with any of us or his brother and he'd fucking kill you. But Ace is straight up the Slipknot of dogs hard core to the core day in day out and he only likes those in my family, he has to go in the garage when peeps come over. And they are HIGHLY intelligent creatures, and need as much to keep their minds occupied as they do plain old excersise. This is psychologically imperative to a wolf-dog; in the wild wolves cover up 18-22 miles if not further a day. So imagine what it takes to keep them satisfied and well mannered in a home?!?!!?Anyhow they have been great editions to my life.. they're my favorite mistakes ya know?? Anyhow yes I will eventually get another dog and I can't wait for that adventure.. but I'll NEVER do the hybrid thing again cause it's tooo much work but it's made other dogs click for me I suddenly understand the dog world better by owning these guys whose roots were as deep as they could be. I loved them (still love Ace til he goes) and always will, god gave us music and dogs, so we had examples of how right things can be in the world.. lol
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Let me give you fair warning on the hybrid thing..They are wonderfull friends.. but I swear to god they are NOT pets and never will be. Momo was very much so like Ferdinand the Bull.. He just loved people and flowers and kittens and he was a really weird DOG let alone wolf-dog, but mess with any of us or his brother and he'd fucking kill you. But Ace is straight up the Slipknot of dogs hard core to the core day in day out and he only likes those in my family, he has to go in the garage when peeps come over. And they are HIGHLY intelligent creatures, and need as much to keep their minds occupied as they do plain old excersise. This is psychologically imperative to a wolf-dog; in the wild wolves cover up 18-22 miles if not further a day. So imagine what it takes to keep them satisfied and well mannered in a home?!?!!?Anyhow they have been great editions to my life.. they're my favorite mistakes ya know?? Anyhow yes I will eventually get another dog and I can't wait for that adventure.. but I'll NEVER do the hybrid thing again cause it's tooo much work but it's made other dogs click for me I suddenly understand the dog world better by owning these guys whose roots were as deep as they could be. I loved them (still love Ace til he goes) and always will, god gave us music and dogs, so we had examples of how right things can be in the world.. lol

I agree with NEVER doing the hybrid thing again, my boy Khan was awesome, but sooo much work, physically and mentally. They do not make good pets. My sister has one now, who is kept in the backyard on a run, she sleeps out there too all but the coldest days of the year. Very sad resistance for such a beautiful creature.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    Let me give you fair warning on the hybrid thing..They are wonderfull friends.. but I swear to god they are NOT pets and never will be. Momo was very much so like Ferdinand the Bull.. He just loved people and flowers and kittens and he was a really weird DOG let alone wolf-dog, but mess with any of us or his brother and he'd fucking kill you. But Ace is straight up the Slipknot of dogs hard core to the core day in day out and he only likes those in my family, he has to go in the garage when peeps come over. And they are HIGHLY intelligent creatures, and need as much to keep their minds occupied as they do plain old excersise. This is psychologically imperative to a wolf-dog; in the wild wolves cover up 18-22 miles if not further a day. So imagine what it takes to keep them satisfied and well mannered in a home?!?!!?Anyhow they have been great editions to my life.. they're my favorite mistakes ya know?? Anyhow yes I will eventually get another dog and I can't wait for that adventure.. but I'll NEVER do the hybrid thing again cause it's tooo much work but it's made other dogs click for me I suddenly understand the dog world better by owning these guys whose roots were as deep as they could be. I loved them (still love Ace til he goes) and always will, god gave us music and dogs, so we had examples of how right things can be in the world.. lol
    I should have clarified, I've always wanted a hybrid for the fact i've always loved wolves, but i know the risks and the maintenaince is unbelievable!
    I'll never get one, most likely, the closest I'll get is my husky X :)
    I watched the movie Frozen the other day.
    I hated it, they demonized wolves pretty badly as these man-eatig blood loving savages it really pissed me off
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,886
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

the camera may be crappy but at least you get good pics...trying to get a good pic of norm is like trying to get a good pic of a gnat on a 36 hour cocaine binge :twisted: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

we put gracie on an l.i.d. food....limited ingredient diet...her poop was borderline diarrhea and she was barfing 2-3 times a week :cry: . anyway, we put down her new sweet potato and fish (salmon) food....it smelled awful and she was not interested. in fact, it smelled so bad she spit it out and muck rolled in it :lol::lol:

four days later....she has accepted her new food and her poop is stellar! :mrgreen:

maybe we can be worry free for a while. :? :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736

So sorry to hear about this, its tough!!! :(

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

imalive wrote:

we put gracie on an l.i.d. food....limited ingredient diet...her poop was borderline diarrhea and she was barfing 2-3 times a week :cry: . anyway, we put down her new sweet potato and fish (salmon) food....it smelled awful and she was not interested. in fact, it smelled so bad she spit it out and muck rolled in it :lol::lol:

four days later....she has accepted her new food and her poop is stellar! :mrgreen:

maybe we can be worry free for a while. :? :D

That is great news indeed, so glad to hear she adapted to the food!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Warning: graphic content ahead.

Gracie has had a tough life. She's had cancer; she's had digestive issues and she's had vomitting issues. It would break my heart to see her explosive poops....they would get stuck in her "bloomers" and sometimes she would even poop on her foot. It embarrassed her and was very sad :cry: . That's why I'm so happy about this....the "stonehenge poop" that has come from her new diet:

IMG_3041.jpg

that baby is standing straight up! the proof is in the (lack of) pudding (poop) :mrgreen: . Sorry, but this is is great development! :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    :eh: :wtf:
    I was gonna post a cute pic of Django but I'm not sure how to follow that.^^^^^ :? :problem: :silent:

Srsly, I'm glad Gracie is doing much better! :thumbup:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Tank got into the laundry room last week and ate about half a container (about 6 cups)of the cat's food. He proceeded to have diarrhea for the next three or so days.

He knew as soon as I saw him that he had done something wrong but I didn't scold him for doing it, knowing that what he had done to himself was far far worse than anything I could have done to him. Gabby did the same thing once or twice and always regretted it.

He's ok now, but it was a good reminder to me to secure that darn door. :lol:
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Oh, boy, such interesting posts since I last checked in!

Um, Gracie's poop is... um... (at a loss for words here). But I'm very happy for you. :lol:

We were competing at an agility trial in New Hampshire over the weekend. Yesterday afternoon I had taken down my tent and was packing the car up, so I had Sailor, Sweet Pea and Tessie in the back of the car, hanging out on their dogs beds. Someone called over to me that Tessie was coming up, so I grabbed her and headed in. Ran a beautiful Jumpers course, just lovely.

Got back to the car and as I approached I could see Sailor staring at me, looking worried. I came around the back of the car and said, "Hey, buddy, what's up?" Then I realized, with dawning horror _ I had left the clamshell tailgate open and Sweet Pea was gone.

Sweet Pea, the stray coonhound I found on I-95 in North Carolina almost 8 years ago.

Sweet Pea, who can run 7 miles without stopping (even at her age, which is probably 11-14).

I stopped breathing. I was completely, utterly terrified. I threw Tessie's leash at one of my friends, yelled, "Sweet Pea is gone! Sweet Pea is missing! SWEET PEA!"

I grabbed all the roast beef out of the cooler (it's what I treat the dogs with after they run, it's their Very Special Reward... just because I don't eat meat doesn't mean they don't, right?).

So my friend Julee started getting organized to help me search. She said later she did a 360 and realized, here we are at this huge fairgrounds site with many fields, in the middle of heavy forested mountains on the NH/Vermont border. We are so screwed.

Just then, I hear one of my friends calling from the arena door. "Sweet Pea is in here! She's okay! She's eating cake!"

I ran in, literally shaking. She somehow had made her way into the arena, where there were two rings simultaneously running dogs, and found the table where there was a cake made in honor of someone earning a championship. Someone had her collar and they were feeding her cake. She was really nervous, with her tail tucked and full-body shaking.

I couldn't believe it, I fed her fistfuls of roast beef and told her she was a very good girl.

I've spent 8 years worrying that she would get loose and wander off if she locked on a scent. I am so, SO grateful that didn't happen. I can't believe I wandered off and left the tailgate open... Sailor would never move an inch if he was told to stay there, and Tessie likely wouldn't but I don't know for sure. I'm betting Pea saw me jog off with Tessie and thought, "This is my chance."

So while Sailor had a perfect day yesterday, qualifying in 5 out of 5 tests, and Tessie had lovely moments as well as she inches closer toward her championship, the best part of all was not losing my Sweet Pea who really doesn't give a rat's ass about agility!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    unlost dogs - Thank goodness! Must have been incredibly stressful.

imalive - That is a very impressive poop - well done Gracie!!
    I was gonna post a cute pic of Django but I'm not sure how to follow that.^^^^^ :? :problem: :silent:

it hard to top, I know! :shifty: It's amazing how happy a "regular" dog can be :mrgreen:

Thank goodness for sweet pea :mrgreen: !!!!!! I was reading that post with growing horror. you won't do that again, I'll bet!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

it hard to top, I know! :shifty: It's amazing how happy a "regular" dog can be :mrgreen:

Thank goodness for sweet pea :mrgreen: !!!!!! I was reading that post with growing horror. you won't do that again, I'll bet!

You know it!!! I installed a leash that's fixed to the front seat, so she can roam around, but not out of the car.
    :D
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    jeez and i always thought i was weird when i worry whether or not norm has taken a crap...never even thought to see whether norm created Stonehenge ;) :P :lol: good girl gracie!! (and dad)
    the best part of all was not losing my Sweet Pea who really doesn't give a rat's ass about agility!

now sweet pea, you need to stop scaring mom...i get it, agility is boring and you'd rather chase a squirrel...hell who wouldn't! but remember the regular meals, treats (seriously roost beef? you don't know how good you have it!) and of course a warm place to sleep...or did you do it just to get cake? :D
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    imalive wrote:
    Warning: graphic content ahead.

Gracie has had a tough life. She's had cancer; she's had digestive issues and she's had vomitting issues. It would break my heart to see her explosive poops....they would get stuck in her "bloomers" and sometimes she would even poop on her foot. It embarrassed her and was very sad :cry: . That's why I'm so happy about this....the "stonehenge poop" that has come from her new diet:

that baby is standing straight up! the proof is in the (lack of) pudding (poop) :mrgreen: . Sorry, but this is is great development! :lol:

Around here, we call those "Poohenge"! We've been feeding Charley and Remy a fish & potatoe food for years, so their poops are generally regular, compact, and well-formed...so if something is amiss, we're sure to notice right away! It's expensive food, but it's not all filler and it keeps their hair super shiny and their noses cold and wet!

So glad to hear that this high density food works just as well for other dogs! Yay, Gracie! Optimum pooper! Paws up from Charley Bo Barley and Remy the Wrecker (she wrecks stuff).....
    be philanthropic
    Just wanted to say hi, thinking about you guys and your puppies...

I have a shelf with some of Trix's stuff on it, now i am waiting for her ashes to complete it.

Finding it hard to get rid of some things. :cry:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

I have a shelf with some of Trix's stuff on it, now i am waiting for her ashes to complete it.

Take your time with that... we still have Seamus's collar on the little lab statue in the foyer. And his ashes on the whatchamacallit that the TV is on, since he liked the living room.

Is someone going to be with you when you get the ashes? I found that difficult. My husband is not at all a crier, but when we got that little bag and little box, it was hard to think that was all that was left of such a big heart and bigger personality. We both cried at that.

Plus, that just seems so final. I hope you're not alone.

:(

(((hug)))
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Don't force it. Who says you have to get rid of things according to a time table. You'll do it when the time is right for you.

But I'll warn you. If you don't do it fast enough you'll wind up with another one. :)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

A friend kept her dog's water bowl filled with fresh water for weeks after he was gone.
    I find it very hard to get rid of their collars. Eventually I started to bury the collar with the ashes. But with one of my fur-kids I could hardly bring myself to bury her ashes, even though we have a special place in the yard. :cry:

It all takes time. You had many years to love Trix, so of course the hurt stays with you for a long time. I know hearing that doesn't help much. But you will feel better again, even though it may feel like that will never happen.

I've been thinking about you too.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

It's ok....everything will be okay. They do have shadow boxes you can buy and put pictures and her collar in and have it on the wall.

like Unlost said, I hope you have someone with you when you get the cremains, it's a really hard thing, and not easy to do by yourself (I've had to hand over many pets, and it's better if you have someone drive you)

Take your time....and take care of yourself as well...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless