~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Forgive me if someone already posted this here. I just saw it in another thread and loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlJODYBLKs
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    norm wrote:
    1387b068.jpg

Just look at that face! :D It was a divine destiny that he was there at the shelter JUST FOR YOU and would soon serve as a temporary healer for your mom. :) I've exxxpressed my condolences to you a few days ago but again, im very sorry. What you wrote here was truly beautiful and positive. You are loved my friend. And in honor of your mom, I say you keep up the scooby snack tradition in a timely manner!!! :lol: Norm NEEDS exxxtra treats! Big hugs pal......
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    (((( TIm & Norm))))
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Labbies have the sweetest eyes, and nothing beats a Labbie smile :D ....I give you, your family and Norm my condolences....Take Care Tim, we are all here for you if you need to talk!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    So sorry to hear of your loss Tim.

I had a big lump in my throat as I read you post.

Big {{hug}}} from me and Molly.

DSCN0563_256-1.jpg
  • aww Molly's all cute and fuzzy
    I love puppies!!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,886
    norm wrote:

norm is a blessing in my and my parents life...i'm convinced having him around prolonged my mom's life...he made her smile in her worst times...and he has kept me sane through all of this...i really don't have the words to describe what he has done for me...fact is, it's taken me a week to write this...i hope i've made sense

i'd like to thank everyone here...this thread and the pit in general have been a great distraction these last 4 years i've been here...i've met some awesome people some of whom have become great friends...looking forward to seeing some of you at bridge :)

tim

e6129ce6.jpg
    I'm sure having you as a son gave your mom another reason to fight :mrgreen: . I'm really sorry to hear she lost her battle :cry: . the big C took my mom too, a few years back. I'm glad you've got norm and your wide circle of friends (that includes me!) to get you through this. Take care. call/text me anytime.

P.S. I love that picture ^^^^^ :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,886
    "I'm ready for my closeup" :lol:

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Tim - that was beautiful, what a wonderful tribute to your mom and Norm. The power of pets is really an amazing thing.

Hugs/good thoughts/prayers to you and your family.
    imalive wrote:
    "I'm ready for my closeup" :lol:

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has grown SOOOOOOO beautifully!!!!!!!!! :D Thanks Rob!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Tim,
    I am very VERY sorry for your loss. It is wonderful that you have the memories of your Mom and Norm enjoying each others company and even more wonderful that you have Norm to help you cope with her passing.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Blessings.

Theo
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    thanks everyone...dogs are the best! :D
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    norm wrote:

But dancing gophers come in a close second, right? :)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    HeavyHands wrote:
    norm wrote:

But dancing gophers come in a close second, right? :)

only if kenny loggins is singing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFGpgt4EC3I

:lol::mrgreen:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    norm wrote:
    so i'd like to tell y'all about my best friend norm

in july, 2004, my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer on her liver...she was given 2 weeks to 6 months to live...needless to say this was devastating news...she immediately started on chemo and within months it was working and her doctor revised her prognosis...within a year, the cancer was virtually gone...however, it returned a few months later and never really went away after that but the chemos were working but once one stops working you can never use it again...but each time her doctor would have a new treatment to try...

i've always wanted a dog but did not want to have one if i was living in an apartment...finally, in may 2005, i moved into a house with a yard!! and that yard was missing something...a dog!!! so in february 2006 i went down to the local animal shelter and saw an eight month old black lab mix...perfect!

i work with my dad and our office is the garage of the house i grew up in...so every day, i go 'home' to work...initially, i didn't bring norm with me to work because my folks were never big animal people...they like dogs but never wanted to deal with them...when i was 6-7 years old i wanted a dog and my mom told me that dogs belong in doggie land :( :lol: i never quite figured out where this land was but i assume it's wherever my parents weren't :lol:

so for the first couple months i'd go home and let norm out of his crate and let him run around...well this got to be inconvenient either due to work or having to take my mom to various doctor appointments...one day my dad says to bring norm with me...i was shocked but i guess in their old age they've mellowed...but in any case, it was great to be able to have norm with me all the time!

and it turns out, my parents thought it was great too! a few months in and my mom is buying scoobie snacks and is teaching norm tricks! :o hell, i wasn't even doing that :lol: and no matter how bad she felt from the chemo, she made sure norm got his treat...it got so that he knew when it was treat time (noon time when i would have lunch) and wouldn't settle down until he got it...at one point she was giving him 2-3 treats a day!! i had to put my foot down on that...he wouldn't eat his dinner he so full of treats :twisted: :D and the first time i had to go out of town, my mom was so excited to take care of him! it was during this time that she trained him to lift his paw to get a treat...and norm was so patient with her, never begging or snapping the treat from her hand

all this to say that after going through 7 chemos over 6 years and having the cancer virtually gone twice, on sept 8th my mom lost her fight with cancer...she made sure to make it to her 76th birthday on the 7th but she had run out of fight to go on

norm is a blessing in my and my parents life...i'm convinced having him around prolonged my mom's life...he made her smile in her worst times...and he has kept me sane through all of this...i really don't have the words to describe what he has done for me...fact is, it's taken me a week to write this...i hope i've made sense

i'd like to thank everyone here...this thread and the pit in general have been a great distraction these last 4 years i've been here...i've met some awesome people some of whom have become great friends...looking forward to seeing some of you at bridge :)

tim

1387b068.jpg
    e6129ce6.jpg
    IMG_2664-1.jpg
    Oh Tim...
    I know that must have been hard to get out, but i'm glad you shared it with us.
    I'm so sorry for your loss, but so happy to hear that Norm saved your mom the way he did.
    I know whenever I'm not feeling well Sammi is always beside me making sure I'm okay.
    I lost my grandfather to cancer and I know what Sammi meant to him... She'd lie beside him on days he was ill as if she was protecting him.. little guard dog!

Dogs really do help us through the worst of times.
    I know how hard it is to lose someone you love so dearly, but I'm glad we have these furry little creatures around to help us cope.
    All the best ♥

Stephanie
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    Tim sorry for your loss sounds like you got a great dog that brings lots of love :D
    ~JzP
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    5015301899_15799429db_z.jpg

5015909080_8fc6f5232a_z.jpg

Goodbye summer :wave:

5015907798_ca2dfaa7ab_z.jpg

Hurry back 8-)

5015906646_6c006d9678_z.jpg

We’ll be missing you :cry:

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• JzPJzP Posts: 933
    8-29-2009_355.jpg?t=1285191047
    ..my hounds..
    ~JzP
    edwho wrote:

OMG that's hilarious that they sit on those floating chairs sammi would be shitting herself
    JzP wrote:
    8-29-2009_355.jpg?t=1285191047
    ..my hounds..
    Hello JzP's hounds! :wave:
  • norm wrote:
    so i'd like to tell y'all about my best friend norm

in july, 2004, my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer on her liver...she was given 2 weeks to 6 months to live...needless to say this was devastating news...she immediately started on chemo and within months it was working and her doctor revised her prognosis...within a year, the cancer was virtually gone...however, it returned a few months later and never really went away after that but the chemos were working but once one stops working you can never use it again...but each time her doctor would have a new treatment to try...

i've always wanted a dog but did not want to have one if i was living in an apartment...finally, in may 2005, i moved into a house with a yard!! and that yard was missing something...a dog!!! so in february 2006 i went down to the local animal shelter and saw an eight month old black lab mix...perfect!

i work with my dad and our office is the garage of the house i grew up in...so every day, i go 'home' to work...initially, i didn't bring norm with me to work because my folks were never big animal people...they like dogs but never wanted to deal with them...when i was 6-7 years old i wanted a dog and my mom told me that dogs belong in doggie land :( :lol: i never quite figured out where this land was but i assume it's wherever my parents weren't :lol:

so for the first couple months i'd go home and let norm out of his crate and let him run around...well this got to be inconvenient either due to work or having to take my mom to various doctor appointments...one day my dad says to bring norm with me...i was shocked but i guess in their old age they've mellowed...but in any case, it was great to be able to have norm with me all the time!

and it turns out, my parents thought it was great too! a few months in and my mom is buying scoobie snacks and is teaching norm tricks! :o hell, i wasn't even doing that :lol: and no matter how bad she felt from the chemo, she made sure norm got his treat...it got so that he knew when it was treat time (noon time when i would have lunch) and wouldn't settle down until he got it...at one point she was giving him 2-3 treats a day!! i had to put my foot down on that...he wouldn't eat his dinner he so full of treats :twisted: :D and the first time i had to go out of town, my mom was so excited to take care of him! it was during this time that she trained him to lift his paw to get a treat...and norm was so patient with her, never begging or snapping the treat from her hand

all this to say that after going through 7 chemos over 6 years and having the cancer virtually gone twice, on sept 8th my mom lost her fight with cancer...she made sure to make it to her 76th birthday on the 7th but she had run out of fight to go on

tim

1387b068.jpg
    e6129ce6.jpg
    IMG_2664-1.jpg

Wow...you had to go and make a brutha cry :cry:

I'm sorry for your loss...Norm is a special dog
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,718
    Cleo in her new bed(on my bed, now I can have room for me!!! :mrgreen: ) after her trip to the groomers.

5015950661_a5ba194a73.jpg
    002 by mickeyrat, on Flickr
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Cleo in her new bed(on my bed, now I can have room for me!!! :mrgreen: ) after her trip to the groomers.

Yeah, Cleo is so going to be on your pillow the second you fall asleep... :lol:
    She's looking mighty pretty there.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    oh my goodness!!
    i love it :lol::lol::lol:
    edwho wrote:
    5015301899_15799429db_z.jpg

Goodbye summer :wave:

5015907798_ca2dfaa7ab_z.jpg

Hurry back 8-)

5015906646_6c006d9678_z.jpg

I cant even TELL YOU how these pictures freakin hit me. I was sitting here missing my Surfer, and decided to look to see if theres new doggie pics. The SECOND i saw the first pic of your doggies, tears ran down my face in happiness!!! Your big brown doggie reminds me of Surfer!!!! :) When he was 8 months, he used to jump in our pool and I would get sooooooo scared cuz he was a PUPPY! That dude would have the time of his life in there! :lol: To make a long story short........These pictures of yours are my new faves! (for obvious reasons) thank you thank you THANK YOU for capturing those AMAZING shots and posting them here! You TOTALLY made my day! :D

• edwho wrote:
    "Splash all you want, dude, I'm just gonna lie here and chill."
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • mickeyrat wrote:

:shock:
    Cleo's new hairdo is rather revealing.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    SENROCK, my pleasure, I call her big brown dog. She’s the sweetest most lovable doggie I’ve ever been around. I’m still working on the swimming part with her, but on hot days she doesn’t mind floating.

The yellowfish dog is a selfish bully. She doesn’t like sharing the pool or attention. She’s pretty tough and determined to keep big brown out. But they love each other and make an awesome team.

~

Haffajappa, I bet if your dog lived in this environment it too would want to jump right in. The yellowfish dog is a natural. She would swim and float next to you for hours. The big brown dog needs a bit of coaxing.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    edwho wrote:
    SENROCK, my pleasure, I call her big brown dog. She’s the sweetest most lovable doggie I’ve ever been around. I’m still working on the swimming part with her, but on hot days she doesn’t mind floating.

The yellowfish dog is a selfish bully. She doesn’t like sharing the pool or attention. She’s pretty tough and determined to keep big brown out. But they love each other and make an awesome team.

~

Haffajappa, I bet if your dog lived in this environment it too would want to jump right in. The yellowfish dog is a natural. She would swim and float next to you for hours. The big brown dog needs a bit of coaxing.

Big Brown Dog looks like she's saying: "Stop splashing me, you silly bitch!"
    While Yellowfish Dog is saying: "That that, sistah!"

th_012209Nocakeforyou.jpg

What is it with two girl dogs?!? My two are constantly giving each other The Look requiring Sailor to intervene with a well-placed hip check. He actually walks in between the two of them to break them up when they start muttering to each other.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)