~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Good vibes and prayers for a fellow Dobe lover friend of mine....Janna lost her beloved boy Khep yesterday to DCM, he died suddenly. She found him in the backyard already gone. She is devastated. He was diagnosed less then a year ago and was not as advanced as Petey. I am thankful for every moment I get with my beautiful boy....I know he is on borrowed time.
    This is a terrible disease. I am so sorry for your friend and for what you are going through :cry:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    haffajappa wrote:
    Austicman wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0072-1.jpg
    on guard!

Man thats one awesome looking Dog!!! :D
    she's much less fierce looking with her ears back:
    DSC_0019copy-1.jpg

Gorgeous! Boy, that's a lot of fur she's got going on.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Good vibes and prayers for a fellow Dobe lover friend of mine....Janna lost her beloved boy Khep yesterday to DCM, he died suddenly. She found him in the backyard already gone. She is devastated. He was diagnosed less then a year ago and was not as advanced as Petey. I am thankful for every moment I get with my beautiful boy....I know he is on borrowed time.
    Def sending some good vibes...
    I know someone who walked into the backyard and had the same horrible thing happen.

Poor boy, and your poor friend.
    Thoughts going out to you all!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0019copy-1.jpg

Gorgeous! Boy, that's a lot of fur she's got going on.
    Yeah...summers not exactly the easiest time of year for her :(
    Its hard to take her anywhere because she gets so heat-exhausted
    Woke up to a "THUMP" at 12:45 a.m.

Little Tessie had rolled over in her sleep, right off our bed onto the floor. She was standing there, bleary-eyed and looking embarrassed.

Sailor and Sweet Pea didn't even lift their heads up.

The Late, Great Seamus used to do occasionally in the last year of his life. We actually surrounded our bed with dog beds so when he fell off, he'd land on something soft. Since Tessie is only 2 I'm a little reluctant to start doing that again...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Sending good vibes to you and your friend
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,886
    haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0019copy-1.jpg

what breed is sammi? i'm sure I should know.....but I don't. :? :mrgreen:

Little Tessie had rolled over in her sleep, right off our bed onto the floor. She was standing there, bleary-eyed and looking embarrassed.
    you are just full of funny stories! I'm laughing just imagining it. :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

I'm really just an observer who documents. They are the funny ones! :D
    imalive wrote:

I'm really just an observer who documents. They are the funny ones! :D
    maybe....but i know plenty of people who couldn't tell a funny story to save their ass! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    haffajappa wrote:
    Austicman wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0072-1.jpg
    on guard!

Man thats one awesome looking Dog!!! :D
    DSC_0019copy-1.jpg

Wow..Beautiful dog !

:)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0019copy-1.jpg

what breed is sammi? i'm sure I should know.....but I don't. :? :mrgreen:

She's husky/german shepherd cross but we have suspicions she's got a third or 4th breed... maybe border collie? she's unbelievably fluffy.
    Tonight i put a glass down on the floor, a glass of milk, so that I could put something down elsewhere.
    WELL... with my back turned i hear "LOP LOP LOP LOP LOP LOP"

Had to friggin march back upstairs and pour myself a new glass of milk...
    ...and dump the old milk in a dish so princess Sammi could finish it off. :x
    haffajappa wrote:
    Tonight i put a glass down on the floor, a glass of milk, so that I could put something down elsewhere.
    WELL... with my back turned i hear "LOP LOP LOP LOP LOP LOP"

Had to friggin march back upstairs and pour myself a new glass of milk...
    ...and dump the old milk in a dish so princess Sammi could finish it off. :x
    sometimes, not always, gracie is like a maniac, trying to slurp at my beer bottle :lol: . i have not yet succumbed to her charm.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    sometimes, not always, gracie is like a maniac, trying to slurp at my beer bottle :lol: . i have not yet succumbed to her charm.

Like you would give up your beer :!:
    :lol::lol::lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Like you would give up your beer :!:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    good point :shifty:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Sorry to those that have been wondering about Trix. It is just hard to write about the fact she is not improving, even as I write this it chokes me up knowing that she is just not getting better. She is not sleeping all that good, she will get about 2-3 hrs of sleep at a time which wakes me up cause im worried about her. Mentally she is good, but her body is not doing so good. She has a hard time getting up,walking and even going to the bathroom. It is like a struggle for her to do the daily things, and at times I can see the pain in her eyes. It kills me knowing what I must do, but how do I justify that when she is mentally sound, that will be the toughest thing for me. I just don't know if I can forgive myself when I do lay her to rest. How can I do this knowing she is mentally ok..... I just don't know if I can deal with that.. I am confused,sad and feel guilty!!!
    My brain is on overload...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Sorry to those that have been wondering about Trix. It is just hard to write about the fact she is not improving, even as I write this it chokes me up knowing that she is just not getting better. She is not sleeping all that good, she will get about 2-3 hrs of sleep at a time which wakes me up cause im worried about her. Mentally she is good, but her body is not doing so good. She has a hard time getting up,walking and even going to the bathroom. It is like a struggle for her to do the daily things, and at times I can see the pain in her eyes. It kills me knowing what I must do, but how do I justify that when she is mentally sound, that will be the toughest thing for me. I just don't know if I can forgive myself when I do lay her to rest. How can I do this knowing she is mentally ok..... I just don't know if I can deal with that.. I am confused,sad and feel guilty!!!
    It is one of the hardest things to do.I had to do it twice in one year.I know it is hard to justify it,but you know deep down it will be for the better.If you every need to chat about it send me a pm,I know what you are going through.Stay strong!!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    PJ Rocks. You will know when it is time. Don't beat yourself up, it is the kindest thing you can do for your best friend. Thinking about you.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

I'm so sorry... the decision definitely isn't easy especially when Trix is still so alert.
    It sounds like the time is approaching much faster than you could ever be prepared for, though.
    I haven't been in your situation yet, thank God, but I think if I was, I'd be factoring in the mental discomfort as much as the physical pain. I know you're doing that, but still no easy answers.
    Try to think of it like this... what would you want for you if the roles were reversed? Would you want to be released while you were still mentally acute? Think of a person in hospice, who has a peaceful death surrounded by the ones they love. It's the most awful, yet beautiful, thing that you can do.
    I hope you're all right, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Please give Trix a gentle hug from her friends unmet. And one for you, too.
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Enkidu wrote:
    A friend and I were just crusing around, wasting time last night out in the boondocks when we rounded a curve to see three small puppies sitting, hunched together, in the middle of the road. We stopped scooped them up and pulled up to the nearby house to see if that is where they belonged.
    No one was home but there was another pup out in the yard so we left them there in spite of the seemingly bad conditions under which they were living...not being taken care of very well at all.
    Well, we left and my friend started crying, blaming me because I told her we shouldn't take them like she was wanting to because of the bad situation they were in.
    Anyways, we rode back by (by this time she was wanting to steal all of them) and there was a car there. I stopped, we told the woman about the dogs being in the road and said we just wanted to be sure that is where they belonged. In the end, my friend, who lost a dog just a few months back and told me yesterday morning she was ready for another one, got a dog out of the deal and felt like we saved at least one of the puppies.
    It's a damn shame someone has dogs and won't take care of them....I really would like to go back and get the rest of them tonight in a way

What an awful story, but thank goodness your friend got a puppy. How can people be so cruel to pets? It sort of makes me insane. Our dog Keiko (who died last year) was a rescue and she'd been locked in a garage all day long and the owner got rid of her because she was chewing things, including the car's bumper. I mean - give me a break. (Keiko was about a year when we got her and lived a good, long, very happy life.)

I look out at our big empty back yard and wonder how many dogs we could fit there (if my husband knew I typed that he'd go crazy).
    Just to update....I didn't mention it originally but after we got the dog we immediately went to get food, dishes and doggie shampoo. The poor little fella was so flea-ridden we spent an hour washing him and picking them of...it was terrible.
    But, on a much happier note, he rebounded very quickly and when I saw him Wednesday evening he was clean and shiny, running around having a good time like a little pup should.
    I have been thinking about going back to get all the other dogs all week though.
    It really does make you insane.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Enkidu wrote:
    A friend and I were just crusing around, wasting time last night out in the boondocks when we rounded a curve to see three small puppies sitting, hunched together, in the middle of the road. We stopped scooped them up and pulled up to the nearby house to see if that is where they belonged.
    No one was home but there was another pup out in the yard so we left them there in spite of the seemingly bad conditions under which they were living...not being taken care of very well at all.
    Well, we left and my friend started crying, blaming me because I told her we shouldn't take them like she was wanting to because of the bad situation they were in.
    Anyways, we rode back by (by this time she was wanting to steal all of them) and there was a car there. I stopped, we told the woman about the dogs being in the road and said we just wanted to be sure that is where they belonged. In the end, my friend, who lost a dog just a few months back and told me yesterday morning she was ready for another one, got a dog out of the deal and felt like we saved at least one of the puppies.
    It's a damn shame someone has dogs and won't take care of them....I really would like to go back and get the rest of them tonight in a way

What an awful story, but thank goodness your friend got a puppy. How can people be so cruel to pets? It sort of makes me insane. Our dog Keiko (who died last year) was a rescue and she'd been locked in a garage all day long and the owner got rid of her because she was chewing things, including the car's bumper. I mean - give me a break. (Keiko was about a year when we got her and lived a good, long, very happy life.)

I look out at our big empty back yard and wonder how many dogs we could fit there (if my husband knew I typed that he'd go crazy).
    Just to update....I didn't mention it originally but after we got the dog we immediately went to get food, dishes and doggie shampoo. The poor little fella was so flea-ridden we spent an hour washing him and picking them of...it was terrible.
    But, on a much happier note, he rebounded very quickly and when I saw him Wednesday evening he was clean and shiny, running around having a good time like a little pup should.
    I have been thinking about going back to get all the other dogs all week though.

Do it... wish I could have one! Unfortunately three is the limit in our town. Can you place them?
    What's the puppy's name? Does it look like any particular breed?
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Enkidu wrote:

Do it... wish I could have one! Unfortunately three is the limit in our town. Can you place them?
    What's the puppy's name? Does it look like any particular breed?
    She named him Elvis....we just recently visited Gracelend...her first time. I actually work at a newspaper and we run ads once for free when people are giving away dogs and I told her to call me the next day and we'd get it set up...of course she didn't. I feel like we could get rid of them...they're cute little dogs.
    His head sorta looks like a lab but if the dogs the woman pointed out to us as being the parents truly were the parents then he most definitely has no lab in him. I guess he's a mutt but they make the best pets sometimes.
    My mom and dad adopted a stray going on ten years ago now and that dog has been a really good pet. She definitely died and went to heaven when mom was finally able to catch.
    Funny dog though...I was in college at the time and I went home that Friday afternoon and she tried to bite me and attack....actually that happened two or three more times after that. Even now she won't have anything to do with anyone except my parents and me. She has kind of warmed up to the friend I've been talking about because we often have supper with the folks but I don't think she has ever let anyone else lay a hand on her at all
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    damn, Ron....I can remember Shelby's last days like it was yesterday :cry: . It still hurts but I will tell you I smile more than I cry when remembering that sweet girl. Stay strong...Trix and everyone else knows she couldn't have a better dad.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Stay strong...Trix and everyone else knows she couldn't have a better dad.

that's about all i can say too...big hugs and belly scratched from norm and i :cry:
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Stay strong...Trix and everyone else knows she couldn't have a better dad.

that's about all i can say too...big hugs and belly scratched from norm and i :cry:

me too :cry: .............And just that you'll know when and what is the right thing to do is. Lots of love to Trix.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    I'm thankful for all you you.....it is nice to have each other through the good and bad times with our pets. Thank you for being out there for me.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    :( Another Dobe friend is going to lose her dog. Meisha has terminal very aggressive cancer, she was just diagnosed and is only expected to live about a month. Poor baby girl is only 2.5. Please send out good vibes for her owner Steph, Meisha and her other Dobe Baruch who is going to also be devastated when his friend dies.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    Is there an SPCA near where you live, or Animal Services/ Animal Control?
    You might want to consider informing authorities what's going on...

Good for you guys for nursing the little one back to health.
    I don't blame you for wanting to emancipate the rest... Poor little things!!!
    For everyone who's going thru a hard time or knows people going thru a hard time best of luck to you all just stay strong and try and remember the great times!

Good vibes all around!!
    I JUST found out about this breed!
    I want to - no need to! - learn more about them.

My mom actually told me about them, her friend is getting one because she lives in an apartment and they're a mini version of the husky so they're a good size for apartment life. When I googled it, i screamed OMG I NEED ONE and she didnt exactly object! :thumbup: ...but I highly doubt my father will approve.

Maybe if my brother moves out we'll have room for another dog :D

Anyways... I was thinking, Sammi could be the next Dr. Evil with a Mini-Me.. don't you think?!?!?!
    alaskankleekai-kukaiinsnow.jpgDSC_0072-1.jpg

;):D
    mini-me.jpg