~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Lil Mont

DSC02934.jpg

Oh my goodness he is growing BEAUTIFULLY!!!! Thanks so much for posting these pics!!! They ALWAYS make me happy :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    phillyfan wrote:
    I just got back from the vet he is now with his brother Hunter :cry: Rockys tumor started bleeding bad overnight and he was throwing up blood.This day sucks bad!!!
    Here is a pic of Rocky on the left and my 1 year old Logan right.
    p1010672i.jpg
    Here is Hunter Rockys brother that past last year.
    florida019.jpg

My apologies for not seeing this sooner as I havnt been on here in a while. Im VERY sorry you hadd to exxxperience this all over again so SOON. I hope you are finding peace somehow.....

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

Lacey, when she was a puppy

IMG_0297-1.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Look at that FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done Marky! :D

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC02942.jpg

Looks like Monty found a new friend.... Big smiles looking at this!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC02942.jpg
    Made my day :) Thanks for posting.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,880
    a week from tomorrow, i'll be reunited with Gracie. Man, i miss that little shit! :mrgreen:

IMG_2616.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    imalive wrote:
    a week from tomorrow, i'll be reunited with Gracie. Man, i miss that little shit! :mrgreen:

IMG_2616.jpg
    you should get it on video and post it..
    i love when doggies go apeshit after not seeing their owner for a while :lol::lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,880
    haffajappa wrote:
    i love when doggies go apeshit after not seeing their owner for a while :lol::lol:
    like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BT8i3xMhrg
    I hope this is the right one...i can search youtube at work but not open it. This golden is also named Gracie :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    like this?
    I hope this is the right one...i can search youtube at work but not open it. This golden is also named Gracie :mrgreen:

norm gets so worked up at these moments he ends up hyperventilating and shaking like barney fife :lol:

hell he gets that excited when it's time to go for a walk :shock: :lol:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    like this?

norm gets so worked up at these moments he ends up hyperventilating and shaking like barney fife :lol:

hell he gets that excited when it's time to go for a walk :shock: :lol:

Of course after I went and looked at that video I had to look at all the others, and then sat here with tears in my eyes trying to convince my office mate that it's an allergy attack... :oops:

I was thinking, "Hey, that's what happens when I come home every evening!" Actually, I think that's what they do when I come back after taking the trash out.

On Thursdays when we go to our agility training session, Sailor starts whining as we turn into the trainer's driveway. When I let Sailor and Tessie loose as we're entering the training ring, they streak right over to Karen and wiggle around like they haven't seen her in months. Tessie actually squeals with excitement. EVERY Thursday... (Really good thing they don't do that to the judges during the competions!)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    I was thinking, "Hey, that's what happens when I come home every evening!" Actually, I think that's what they do when I come back after taking the trash out.

on weekends mornings, i take norm out to the arroyo seco for a good off leash walk...he's starts going nuts when i walk out the door! he doesn't stop until i let him out at the park...he cries, whines and paces for the 15 minutes it takes to get there :roll: :shock: :lol:
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I love to look at this thread, at the pix of all the great dogs. It's been three weeks since we lost Ernst and we're thinking about starting to think about getting another dog. The back yard is way too empty without dogs running around. And who would think you would miss watching where you step so you don't step in poop? Bring back the poop!

We'll definitely look at rescue dogs, probably German Shepherds. Maybe a puppy and an older dog? Our daughter has never had a puppy and it's so much fun when kids watch a dog grow up. And my daughter gets major points for saying she thinks a great name for a dog is McCready.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    like this?

Thats Great !!

Bailey gets more excited then Chloe..I can leave for 10 mins to run to the store its like I was gone 10 years :lol:

Imagine if humans reacted that way when a spouse came home ? :?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    A friend and I were just crusing around, wasting time last night out in the boondocks when we rounded a curve to see three small puppies sitting, hunched together, in the middle of the road. We stopped scooped them up and pulled up to the nearby house to see if that is where they belonged.
    No one was home but there was another pup out in the yard so we left them there in spite of the seemingly bad conditions under which they were living...not being taken care of very well at all.
    Well, we left and my friend started crying, blaming me because I told her we shouldn't take them like she was wanting to because of the bad situation they were in.
    Anyways, we rode back by (by this time she was wanting to steal all of them) and there was a car there. I stopped, we told the woman about the dogs being in the road and said we just wanted to be sure that is where they belonged. In the end, my friend, who lost a dog just a few months back and told me yesterday morning she was ready for another one, got a dog out of the deal and felt like we saved at least one of the puppies.
    It's a damn shame someone has dogs and won't take care of them....I really would like to go back and get the rest of them tonight in a way
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    haffajappa wrote:
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2616.jpg
    Ain't that the truth!
    My 3 year old lab goes apeshit whether I've been gone for two minutes or three days though. He has absolutely zero perception of time apparently :D
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2616.jpg

You miss her NOW but come nexxxt week......you'll be back complaining! :lol: Does she give Codie a badd time too or is that just for you? :D

haffajappa wrote:
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2616.jpg

YES!!!!!! This is a BRILLIANT idea!!!! Do it Rob pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease???!!!!! :angel:

Enkidu wrote:
    I love to look at this thread, at the pix of all the great dogs. It's been three weeks since we lost Ernst and we're thinking about starting to think about getting another dog. The back yard is way too empty without dogs running around. And who would think you would miss watching where you step so you don't step in poop? Bring back the poop!

We'll definitely look at rescue dogs, probably German Shepherds. Maybe a puppy and an older dog? Our daughter has never had a puppy and it's so much fun when kids watch a dog grow up. And my daughter gets major points for saying she thinks a great name for a dog is McCready.

soooooooooo sorry for your loss. Im coming up on my 3 year loss this week. Still burns inside. On a happy note.......you have raised your daughter well! :lol: McCready is definitely a good name. Jeanette (luvisatower) has a little doggie named McCready too! And just last week i seen a huge german shepherd for adoption at petsmart. I took a picture cuz he was 3 years old and GIGANTIC! I wish i could have brought him home but its not time yet. Im with you, backyards are not the same without doggies!!!! Please keep us posted! :)

Bailey gets more excited then Chloe..I can leave for 10 mins to run to the store its like I was gone 10 years :lol:

Imagine if humans reacted that way when a spouse came home ? :?

:lol::lol::lol: i think there would be A LOT more happiness in marriages if that were to happen!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    SENROCK wrote:
    phillyfan wrote:
    I just got back from the vet he is now with his brother Hunter :cry: Rockys tumor started bleeding bad overnight and he was throwing up blood.This day sucks bad!!!
    Here is a pic of Rocky on the left and my 1 year old Logan right.
    p1010672i.jpg
    Here is Hunter Rockys brother that past last year.
    florida019.jpg

My apologies for not seeing this sooner as I havnt been on here in a while. Im VERY sorry you hadd to exxxperience this all over again so SOON. I hope you are finding peace somehow.....
    No apology needed at all.I am finding peace in knowing he is not in pain anymore and he is running around with Hunter again.Thank you.
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    A friend and I were just crusing around, wasting time last night out in the boondocks when we rounded a curve to see three small puppies sitting, hunched together, in the middle of the road. We stopped scooped them up and pulled up to the nearby house to see if that is where they belonged.
    No one was home but there was another pup out in the yard so we left them there in spite of the seemingly bad conditions under which they were living...not being taken care of very well at all.
    Well, we left and my friend started crying, blaming me because I told her we shouldn't take them like she was wanting to because of the bad situation they were in.
    Anyways, we rode back by (by this time she was wanting to steal all of them) and there was a car there. I stopped, we told the woman about the dogs being in the road and said we just wanted to be sure that is where they belonged. In the end, my friend, who lost a dog just a few months back and told me yesterday morning she was ready for another one, got a dog out of the deal and felt like we saved at least one of the puppies.
    It's a damn shame someone has dogs and won't take care of them....I really would like to go back and get the rest of them tonight in a way

Oh, what a lucky puppy. I really, really hope it works out for the other pups, but I have a bad feeling from what you described.

My little Tessie was in a litter of pups born to a stray outside in Indiana in January 2008. They were found all huddled together with their Mom. Thank God somebody brought them to a shelter and they were connected with Adopt A Lab (on Petfinder). That's how she came from Indiana to us in Massachusetts. She is the coolest little mutt of mutts and I just love her.

(Sailor and Sweet Pea don't fully agree.)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    like this?
    YES!
    thats the exact video i was thinking of :)
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

What an awful story, but thank goodness your friend got a puppy. How can people be so cruel to pets? It sort of makes me insane. Our dog Keiko (who died last year) was a rescue and she'd been locked in a garage all day long and the owner got rid of her because she was chewing things, including the car's bumper. I mean - give me a break. (Keiko was about a year when we got her and lived a good, long, very happy life.)

I look out at our big empty back yard and wonder how many dogs we could fit there (if my husband knew I typed that he'd go crazy).
    Enkidu wrote:

What an awful story, but thank goodness your friend got a puppy. How can people be so cruel to pets? It sort of makes me insane. Our dog Keiko (who died last year) was a rescue and she'd been locked in a garage all day long and the owner got rid of her because she was chewing things, including the car's bumper. I mean - give me a break. (Keiko was about a year when we got her and lived a good, long, very happy life.)

I look out at our big empty back yard and wonder how many dogs we could fit there (if my husband knew I typed that he'd go crazy).
    It makes me insane too!!!
    How could anyone be so cruel to such an innocent thing?!?!?!?!
    DSC_0072-1.jpg
    on guard!
    haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0072-1.jpg
    on guard!

just beautiful! :D
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0072-1.jpg
    on guard!

Man thats one awesome looking Dog!!! :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Austicman wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    DSC_0072-1.jpg
    on guard!

Man thats one awesome looking Dog!!! :D
    she's much less fierce looking with her ears back:
    DSC_0019copy-1.jpg
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Good vibes and prayers for a fellow Dobe lover friend of mine....Janna lost her beloved boy Khep yesterday to DCM, he died suddenly. She found him in the backyard already gone. She is devastated. He was diagnosed less then a year ago and was not as advanced as Petey. I am thankful for every moment I get with my beautiful boy....I know he is on borrowed time.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Good vibes and prayers for a fellow Dobe lover friend of mine....Janna lost her beloved boy Khep yesterday to DCM, he died suddenly. She found him in the backyard already gone. She is devastated. He was diagnosed less then a year ago and was not as advanced as Petey. I am thankful for every moment I get with my beautiful boy....I know he is on borrowed time.

:(
    Good vibes for your friend, you and Petey!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland