~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,880
    sure hope normie is able to readjust to city life. :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

i think he's become part wolf :shock: :lol:
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    The Boyz!!!

DSC02805.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

i think he's become part wolf :shock: :lol:

I'm thinking he'll quickly gain back his status as a domesticated mammal once he puts his head back on a pillow on your couch... where he will dream of small furry pop-tarts all day long.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    PJaddicted wrote:
    The Boyz!!!

DSC02805.jpg

Whoa, that is one fine looking pair of distinguished gentlemen!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    PJaddicted wrote:
    The Boyz!!!

DSC02805.jpg
    jedi and apprentice..
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    DSC_0148.jpg

Sailor enjoys a day at the marina, without the bitches! (He's too polite to say that, but I know what he's thinking.)
    Ahhh!
    Sammi apparently yelped during her walk with mom and limped the whole way home,
    I've checked her paws there doesn't seem to be anything poking her so i'm wondering if she put something out...

She's not wimpering so that's good but shes definitely got a hard time walking...

I dno what to do... too early to take her to the vet? Wait and see?
    Fuck :cry:
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Gravy beating the 90 degree heat the other day...

IMG00097.jpg
    IMG00100.jpg
    IMG00101.jpg
    IMG00102.jpg
    IMG00103.jpg
    IMG00146.jpg
    DSC_0148.jpg

Sailor enjoys a day at the marina, without the bitches! (He's too polite to say that, but I know what he's thinking.)
    what an awesome looking boy :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: if only i could think of a caption ;)
    haffajappa wrote:

i would def give it a day or two. i have paid many an unnecessary vet bill due to my wife's insistence that we go. :roll: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    logan009e.jpgllogan008x.jpg
    Logan taking a quick dip in the pool
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

i would def give it a day or two. i have paid many an unnecessary vet bill due to my wife's insistence that we go. :roll: :lol:

she seems to flinch when i try to move one of her legs, a nd she's still limping around today...
    I'm worried... because there didnt seem to be anything in her paws but she's just walking around so gingerly....
    :( :( :( its really depressing to watch
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    haffajappa wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

she seems to flinch when i try to move one of her legs, a nd she's still limping around today...
    I'm worried... because there didnt seem to be anything in her paws but she's just walking around so gingerly....
    Several years ago one of my dogs suddenly developed a bad limp. I couldn't find anything wrong and took her to the vet. Turned out she'd pulled a tendon. Nothing we could do except let it heal. She limped for weeks.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    haffajappa wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Several years ago one of my dogs suddenly developed a bad limp. I couldn't find anything wrong and took her to the vet. Turned out she'd pulled a tendon. Nothing we could do except let it heal. She limped for weeks.
    i know it sounds weird but that's sort of comforting.... i figured she might have pulled a muscle or something.
    my friend suggested she stepped on a bee - also a good guess....

the mystery ensues...
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    haffajappa wrote:

i know it sounds weird but that's sort of comforting.... i figured she might have pulled a muscle or something.
    my friend suggested she stepped on a bee - also a good guess....

the mystery ensues...

The dog I had before all my guys now hurt his shoulder when he was about 9 months old. He limped on it and would yelp when he moved in his sleep. We took him to the vet and he gave him a painkiller/sedative and told us to keep him from doing and exercise for a couple of days and to come back if there was no improvement. So he got a little bit better each day. We ended keeping from exercise for a about a week and he did come good. He did get arthritis in that shoulder in his old age though.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    bath time!!
    (and no, this was before she became a gimp... just in case any of you thought i took advantage of the fact that she'd make a slow gettaway from bathtime on only 3 legs...)
    sammibath2.jpg
    sammibath1.jpg

look's like she's got her eye on something....
    sammiwine.jpg
    pretty obvious why you love this dog! :mrgreen:
    haffajappa wrote:
    sammiwine.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    haffajappa wrote:

sammiwine.jpg
    very pretty girl :D
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,442
    any tips for getting a pooch to enjoy roaming around a newly fenced in yard?

fenced mine in for her pleasure a month ago and thus far...she hates it! she only ventures out there when me and the fiance are out there with her. i have been running the sprinkler a lot since i laid some sod recently. she's not a fan of being squirted with water. so maybe she sees it out there and gets frightened or something. but i only run it for about 20 minutes a day though.

ive tried playing fetch with her back there but she seems to lose interest pretty quickly. i've even strategically placed biscuits around the yard but she doesnt have any interest in them....

maybe she just needs to get used to it or something. she's so used to us letting her out in the sideyard with her stake to poop and pee. we take her to my parents house a lot who has a fenced in yard and she loves it back there.

can't quite figure this out. anyone have any thoughts?
    www.myspace.com
    how long do you leave her out there?
    norm wrote:

by herself? its only a matter of minutes before she is scratching on the door to come in...or else she just lays down on the deck for a bit--but she used to do that before we had the deck.
    www.myspace.com
    norm wrote:

by herself? its only a matter of minutes before she is scratching on the door to come in...or else she just lays down on the deck for a bit--but she used to do that before we had the deck.

yeah by herself...i'd try leaving her out there for a while...don't give in to her scratching on the door...if she lays down, she lays down...eventually she'll get up and wander around...she just needs to adjust to it
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305

fenced mine in for her pleasure a month ago and thus far...she hates it! she only ventures out there when me and the fiance are out there with her. i have been running the sprinkler a lot since i laid some sod recently. she's not a fan of being squirted with water. so maybe she sees it out there and gets frightened or something. but i only run it for about 20 minutes a day though.

ive tried playing fetch with her back there but she seems to lose interest pretty quickly. i've even strategically placed biscuits around the yard but she doesnt have any interest in them....

maybe she just needs to get used to it or something. she's so used to us letting her out in the sideyard with her stake to poop and pee. we take her to my parents house a lot who has a fenced in yard and she loves it back there.

Srsly, after all that fence drama she should sit up and say "Woof woof Daddy, I love my new fenced yard!" :thumbup: :P
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    norm wrote:

by herself? its only a matter of minutes before she is scratching on the door to come in...
    she hates being away from you!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    sammiwine.jpg

Is it me, or is she completely focused on the glass of wine? :lol:

Re. the sore leg... if she isn't showing improvement after a day or two I'd consider taking her in to the vet. At the very least they might give her an analgesic. Have you checked in between the toes just to be sure there isn't a splinter, or as your friend suggested, a bug bite?

Can you get her on her side, and work your hands from the shoulder on down the leg to the pads? Go very slowly and gently, and see if she stops panting or flinches or shows anything as you apply gentle pressure. Odds are it's a muscle pull, but that might help you at least localize the site of the discomfort.

I hope she's feeling better!
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    sammiwine.jpg

Is it me, or is she completely focused on the glass of wine? :lol:

same expression i have when wine is involved! :mrgreen:

Srsly, after all that fence drama she should sit up and say "Woof woof Daddy, I love my new fenced yard!" :thumbup: :P

i know!
    www.myspace.com

Well that's a pickle, isn't it.

Did the sounds of the workers bother her, or could the smell of the sod be offputting? I agree that just giving her time is probably the only thing you can do _ that was a great idea with the biscuits, though.

Does she have any doggie pals who could come over and romp with her? That might help.

She's an only dog, right? Not that that makes a difference. Some dogs just want to be with you. Sweet Pea and Tessie will happily nose around the yard for hours. Sailor will go out to do his business, then immediately comes back to the deck door and stands there waiting until I let him back in. Or if I go out with him, he'll follow me around. The only place he ever wants to be is where I am. If I shut him out of the bathroom he snuffles at the bottom of the door and gently whines until I let him in. Then he's all, "Oh my God, it's so good to see you. I was afraid something happened. How have you been? I missed you, I missed you, I loooooooove you."

Come to think of it, it's quite flattering... :lol:

Well that's a pickle, isn't it.

Did the sounds of the workers bother her, or could the smell of the sod be offputting? I agree that just giving her time is probably the only thing you can do _ that was a great idea with the biscuits, though.

Does she have any doggie pals who could come over and romp with her? That might help.

She's an only dog, right? Not that that makes a difference. Some dogs just want to be with you. Sweet Pea and Tessie will happily nose around the yard for hours. Sailor will go out to do his business, then immediately comes back to the deck door and stands there waiting until I let him back in. Or if I go out with him, he'll follow me around. The only place he ever wants to be is where I am. If I shut him out of the bathroom he snuffles at the bottom of the door and gently whines until I let him in. Then he's all, "Oh my God, it's so good to see you. I was afraid something happened. How have you been? I missed you, I missed you, I loooooooove you."

Come to think of it, it's quite flattering... :lol:

hahaha...that's cute.

yeah we actually watched a dog for a friend the other week. that dog spent hours out back. kasey would barely venture off the deck. then the scratching on the door would start...followed by the high pitched barking (if you've ever heard a pointer bark--you'd know to cover your ears :D ). i would say the heat could be bothering her too.....but then my fiance tells me she had her out in the side yard the other day for hours while she was gardening and kasey just lounged soaking up the sun.

i guess we'll just have to put her out back and let her stay out for a while.
    www.myspace.com
    i guess we'll just have to put her out back and let her stay out for a while.

the whining and barking should subside the longer you ignore it...it isn't easy but she needs to adjust to the new environment