~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    So the vet called tonight, i think he said he was in Juno, Alaska doing surgery. He asked me how Trix was doing. I told him what was going on, he said he will see her when he gets back next week. He did tell me that she is not in the pain that i think she is in, because of the meds she is on. He told me that her body is weak and that is why she is having the problems that she is showing. I explained to him that Trix at times will not even squat to poop, that she goes while she walks,along with the other things going on with her. He told me again, that is because she is weak. He also asked me if she was mentally ok, and i said yes. He explained to me that his dog did the same thing, so he knows what i am talking about, and going through.

I was really shocked when i talked to him. I said oh are you back in town, he said no i am doing surgery, i believe he said in Juno. I told him im sorry i knew you were out of town and did not want to bug you, he said oh no problem. I just wanted to know how Trix was doing. Man this guy has just made my day that much better. The fact he takes time out of his busy day to call me from somewhere far away means a lot to me.
    As I already knew he was a great vet and a great guy to care so much about Trix and what he does. I am only one of a few he still sees these days, because he goes around the state and to other places to do surgery, then takes care of his own office. I could not ask for a more dedicated, caring and damn good vet then him. He knows his shit!
    He was even in the paper about elderly people donating pacemakers, when they get new ones, and puts them in animals.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    So the vet called tonight, i think he said he was in Juno, Alaska doing surgery. He asked me how Trix was doing. I told him what was going on, he said he will see her when he gets back next week. He did tell me that she is not in the pain that i think she is in, because of the meds she is on. He told me that her body is weak and that is why she is having the problems that she is showing. I explained to him that Trix at times will not even squat to poop, that she goes while she walks,along with the other things going on with her. He told me again, that is because she is weak. He also asked me if she was mentally ok, and i said yes. He explained to me that his dog did the same thing, so he knows what i am talking about, and going through.

I was really shocked when i talked to him. I said oh are you back in town, he said no i am doing surgery, i believe he said in Juno. I told him im sorry i knew you were out of town and did not want to bug you, he said oh no problem. I just wanted to know how Trix was doing. Man this guy has just made my day that much better. The fact he takes time out of his busy day to call me from somewhere far away means a lot to me.
    As I already knew he was a great vet and a great guy to care so much about Trix and what he does. I am only one of a few he still sees these days, because he goes around the state and to other places to do surgery, then takes care of his own office. I could not ask for a more dedicated, caring and damn good vet then him. He knows his shit!
    He was even in the paper about elderly people donating pacemakers, when they get new ones, and puts them in animals.
    I've been wondering a lot about Trix and sorry to hear how she's doing. I've been there and it's so hard to watch. :cry:

But so glad you have such a caring vet! It makes such a difference knowing that you have a professional who's going to give Trix the very best care he possibly can. :angel: My own vet has gone above and beyond many times in caring for my dogs and it's given me such peace of mind.

Hugs to Trix from me, Penny and Django.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    So the shelties got baths the other day and I thought I'd take some pictures of them while they were so pretty.

For some reason Penny does NOT like the camera. She will take off whenever I get it out. Perhaps at her former home she was a stressed dog model? So I had to sit on the steps and wait till she'd come up to me. Then she kept tossing her head and "talking" to me as she likes to do. I got some blurred shots and finally this one:

DSC06530.jpg

Thinking this is a photo shoot for America's Next Top Sheltie Model, Django strikes a pose:

DSC06533.jpg

How's this for a Real Good Looking Boy? :mrgreen:

DSC06536.jpg

Finally sitting still:

DSC06546.jpg

Chillin':

DSC06549.jpg

In our living room and dining room, we have rows of windows that go from the floor nearly to the ceiling. This provides an excellent viewing section for our dogs, who can then bark at cats who dare to stroll across the lawn, people walking down the street, and (most important) the EVIL MAILMAN. Protecting us from the mailman is one of their most important responsibilities. Several years ago Pete actually crashed through a window trying to get the mailman. :shock: (He wasn't hurt and we now have a piece of plexiglas over that window pane.)

Penny thinks these windows were designed for HER. She will lie in front of them for hours watching the action and scouting out any potential threats. Needless to say, years of dogs charging at windows has taken its toll on the curtains. The other night I walked into the living room and found Penny caught in a hole in one of the curtains and unable to figure out how to get out: :lol:

DSC06550.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Penny thinks these windows were designed for HER. She will lie in front of them for hours watching the action and scouting out any potential threats. Needless to say, years of dogs charging at windows has taken its toll on the curtains. The other night I walked into the living room and found Penny caught in a hole in one of the curtains and unable to figure out how to get out: :lol:

DSC06550.jpg

awwww :lol::lol::mrgreen:
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    i LOVE all of the new pics in here!!! You guys are amazing! :D

I wanted to say a big PHAT thank you to everybody in here that has been supportive of each other. Yesterday was 3 years since my prince surfer died. As everyone can relate-it hasnt been easy but it helps soooooo much to have this thread. Without even realizing it, I found myself last night in the exxxact spot 3 years ago when i heard surf was gone. I walked over with a friend to take a picture of something that said "SURFS SHACK".....I was all exxxcited! I told my friend i HADD to get a picture. As i got closer to the area, i noticed the same bench and I kind of froze. I didnt cry or anything but i felt the burn. Then i thought HAPPY thoughts of the times we hadd together and ALL of the gorgeous doggies in here. :D So I really wanna thank you ALL for the love, kindness, support, and overall generosity of advice and listening. There are A LOT of great great pearl jam fans with HUGE hearts and i do believe this thread is where they are! :D Thanks everybody for keeping this thread up!!!

p.s i think im gonna make brown my posting trademark color becuz.....Surfer was a big brown doggie!!! :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    haffajappa wrote:
    I JUST found out about this breed!
    I want to - no need to! - learn more about them.

My mom actually told me about them, her friend is getting one because she lives in an apartment and they're a mini version of the husky so they're a good size for apartment life. When I googled it, i screamed OMG I NEED ONE and she didnt exactly object! :thumbup: ...but I highly doubt my father will approve.

Maybe if my brother moves out we'll have room for another dog :D

Anyways... I was thinking, Sammi could be the next Dr. Evil with a Mini-Me.. don't you think?!?!?!
    alaskankleekai-kukaiinsnow.jpgDSC_0072-1.jpg

So when are moving your brother out!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

So the shelties got baths the other day and I thought I'd take some pictures of them while they were so pretty.

For some reason Penny does NOT like the camera. She will take off whenever I get it out. Perhaps at her former home she was a stressed dog model? So I had to sit on the steps and wait till she'd come up to me. Then she kept tossing her head and "talking" to me as she likes to do. I got some blurred shots and finally this one:

DSC06530.jpg

Thinking this is a photo shoot for America's Next Top Sheltie Model, Django strikes a pose:

DSC06533.jpg

They are so pretty all the time!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    today i came home to find cj chomping on a fishing reel. WTF!!! :lol:

cjjuly10.jpg
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

cjjuly10.jpg

awww

That look says "what I didn't do anything wrong, it wasn't me" ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

cjjuly10.jpg

awww

That look says "what I didn't do anything wrong, it wasn't me" ;)
    Love the pic
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    I JUST found out about this breed!
    I want to - no need to! - learn more about them.

My mom actually told me about them, her friend is getting one because she lives in an apartment and they're a mini version of the husky so they're a good size for apartment life. When I googled it, i screamed OMG I NEED ONE and she didnt exactly object! :thumbup: ...but I highly doubt my father will approve.

Maybe if my brother moves out we'll have room for another dog :D

Anyways... I was thinking, Sammi could be the next Dr. Evil with a Mini-Me.. don't you think?!?!?!
    alaskankleekai-kukaiinsnow.jpgDSC_0072-1.jpg

So when are moving your brother out!!!
    VERY good question...
    must start the scheming soon...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam

cjjuly10.jpg
    oooh he's gettin big!
    haffajappa wrote:

cjjuly10.jpg
    oooh he's gettin big!

i know.

hes bigger than the toddlermonster now and he tends to push her over cause she cant keep her balance against him. its nice to have him stand at the front gate looking at you across the road, trying to figure out if he knows you .. then when he recognises you he runs up and down along the front fence and sometimes spins circles in his excitement. then its a contest to see who can get to the front door first.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

cjjuly10.jpg

duh! obviously he wants to go fishing! :P
    norm wrote:

cjjuly10.jpg

duh! obviously he wants to go fishing! :P

well he is a lab afterall.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,886
    haffajappa wrote:

cjjuly10.jpg
    oooh he's gettin big!

i know.

hes bigger than the toddlermonster now and he tends to push her over cause she cant keep her balance against him. its nice to have him stand at the front gate looking at you across the road, trying to figure out if he knows you .. then when he recognises you he runs up and down along the front fence and sometimes spins circles in his excitement. then its a contest to see who can get to the front door first.
    gorgeous dog :mrgreen:
    and "toddlermonster" always cracks me up! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Needless to say, years of dogs charging at windows has taken its toll on the curtains. The other night I walked into the living room and found Penny caught in a hole in one of the curtains and unable to figure out how to get out: :lol:

DSC06550.jpg
    great pictures and a hilarious story :lol::lol: :thumbup:

gracie woulda ripped those suckers down....NO doubt in my mind. :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

norm would have had a freak out and run as fast as he can in the opposite direction...who knows what else he's destroy trying to run away from the thing that he was attached to! :crazy: :lol:
    imalive wrote:
    great pictures and a hilarious story :lol::lol: :thumbup:

Well, Penny isn't exactly the passive type. I still can't believe she didn't just rip her way out of there.

I know it's tacky to have curtains with a hole in them. :oops: :shifty: It's just that the dogs are going to tear up whatever I replace them with. :problem: :think: :lol:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,745
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    haffajappa wrote:

Thanks for the laugh!!! :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    DSC06530.jpg

Blue Steel!!! :lol:

We will all be waiting eagerly for Magnium!!! :shock: :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    photo-9.jpg

Left to right: Sweet Pea, Sailor and Tessie on our overnight trip to Salem, Mass. this weekend.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    photo-9.jpg

Left to right: Sweet Pea, Sailor and Tessie on our overnight trip to Salem, Mass. this weekend.
    OK....if I wasn't convinced you were a dog nut before....I am now. "salty dog" :lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    photo-9.jpg

OK....if I wasn't convinced you were a dog nut before....I am now. "salty dog" :lol::lol:

Still can't believe I talked Mr. Unlost Dogs into going along with that!

Are you settled in now?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    What lovely dogs unlost dogs!

I have come in to formally introduce Molly to the Doggy Thread. Haven't uploaded any other pictures yet so this is the one from the ad.

small_Border-Terriers-2269.jpg

:D:D:D
    Claireack wrote:

I have come in to formally introduce Molly to the Doggy Thread. Haven't uploaded any other pictures yet so this is the one from the ad.

Welcome to the PJ world, Molly!
    She's adorable, Claire!
    Claireack wrote:

Well hello Molly... :thumbup:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1