~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,442
    norm wrote:
    i guess we'll just have to put her out back and let her stay out for a while.

the whining and barking should subside the longer you ignore it...it isn't easy but she needs to adjust to the new environment

i hear ya. i think the fact that we have a sliding glass door makes it worse too cuz she can see us. you know how you can feel someone staring at you? its the same way with kasey. kinda funny actually. she's staring daggers at me like "how the fuck are you going to let me stay out here by myself?" :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    i guess we'll just have to put her out back and let her stay out for a while.

the whining and barking should subside the longer you ignore it...it isn't easy but she needs to adjust to the new environment

i hear ya. i think the fact that we have a sliding glass door makes it worse too cuz she can see us. you know how you can feel someone staring at you? its the same way with kasey. kinda funny actually. she's staring daggers at me like "how the fuck are you going to let me stay out here by myself?" :lol:

Taffeta-Curtains.jpg

:thumbup: :mrgreen:

but i know what you mean...when staring doesn't work, norm resorts to a sort of purring, snorting noise

dogs rule!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,442
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

Taffeta-Curtains.jpg

:thumbup: :mrgreen:

but i know what you mean...when staring doesn't work, norm resorts to a sort of purring, snorting noise

dogs rule!!

too much of a hassle to close the blinds :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    Cody with his ears flipped back, just chill-axing.

CodyEars-1.jpg
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    loadedgun wrote:
    Cody with his ears flipped back, just chill-axing.

CodyEars-1.jpg
    awwwwwwwwwwwww what a cute doggie... ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,880
    it's been two weeks since i've seen my little Gracie :cry:

I hear she's making new buddies up in salt lake, tho. :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    imalive wrote:

2 weeks to go for you, right?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Big Pete!
    DSC02927.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    Lil Mont

DSC02934.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    imalive wrote:

2 weeks to go for you, right?

bout a week and a half. :mrgreen:

hey pjaddicted: the boyz are looking GOOD! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Big Pete!
    DSC02927.jpg

"I will always be over you, Monty. You remember that."
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,119
    Lacey, when she was a puppy

IMG_0297-1.jpg
    imalive wrote:
    hey pjaddicted: the boyz are looking GOOD! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

IMG_0297-1.jpg

hey mark! :wave:
    norm wrote:

IMG_0297-1.jpg

hey mark! :wave:
    :wave:

How's it going? Been anywhere neat with Norm lately?

check back a couple pagers here...i was up in the sierra's for the last 3 weeks...the place is like crack to him :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:

check back a couple pagers here...i was up in the sierra's for the last 3 weeks...the place is like crack to him :lol::lol:
    I saw those pictures....great scenery and pics! He looked like a happy dog there!

IMG_0297-1.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! cute. :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:

you're back? maybe you could go to the post office? :shifty:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited July 2010
    imalive wrote:
    you're back? maybe you could go to the post office? :shifty:

yep...had to come back for a meeting thursday morning and had planned to go back up for the rest of the weekend but my laptop shit the bed so i had to stay home :(
    Post edited by norm on
    norm wrote:
    so i to stay home :(
    why now u don't bitching? :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

damn greeklish is invading my brain!
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

damn greeklish is invading my brain!

Norm, I'm going to need some warning when you change your avatar. I wasn't prepared for that and now I'm quite disturbed.

For the record, Sailor, Sweet Pea and Tessie say they don't care as long as you keep posting photos of Norm that make them think of furry Pop Tarts in the Sierras.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    As terrible as it is that douchebags abuse animals the way they do, i love hearing about the good stories that turn out well!

Boston Bar man charged with cruelty after dogs found in horrific situation
    June 24, 2010

A Boston Bar man whose three dogs were kept in a filthy dwelling and never allowed outside has been charged with animal cruelty.

Delbert Margetts has been charged under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act after BC SPCA constables found his three dogs living in deplorable conditions inside a home in Boston Bar.

"These dogs were forced to live in utterly horrific conditions," says Marcie Moriarty, general manager of cruelty investigations for the BC SPCA. "They were confined to rooms covered from wall to wall with fecal matter, garbage, debris, cobwebs and mould."

One dog was locked in a bathroom 24 hours a day; the other two dogs had access to a 300-square-foot room.

The dog in the bathroom, a female shepherd mix named Sage, was given only a urine-soaked outdoor chair cushion to get off the feces-coated floor. The ceiling above her buckled, exposing a thick layer of mould.

In the other room, two pit bull terrier mixes were found on a feces-covered plywood floor; the floor and everything else in the room, including various garbage and debris, were also soaked in grease and dust. A single dirty blanket provided the only reprieve from both old and fresh fecal clumps and stains.

The BC SPCA worked with local RCMP on the initial investigation. BC SPCA constables obtained a search warrant and seized all three animals on Dec. 22, 2009.

"Orders to address the dogs' living conditions and their health were ignored," says Moriarty. "Our next step was to seize the animals and recommend charges. We're pleased the charge was approved by Crown counsel and we're anxious to obtain justice for these dogs."

The PCA act carries a maximum penalty of $5,000 for a first offence and $10,000 for a second offence, up to six months in jail and a ban on owning animals for a period determined by a judge.

As for Sage, she's got a new lease on life, after being adopted by a Chilliwack family in February. She now spends her days racing around with her canine housemate, a rescued golden retriever named Hannah, in their expansive back yard, or curling up under a desk at the feet of her new work-at-home guardians.

For more information, please read our full press release.

Last year the BC SPCA's Cruelty Investigations Department investigate more than 6,000 cases of abuse and neglect. Help our animal protection officers continue their life saving work. Your gift could save a life. Donate today.

Good to hear this doggie went to a great family...
    Happy Saturday everone :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    I'm so happy that dog has found someone who loves her...
    I don't know why I do it but I soemtimes search the list of adoptable dogs.

I wish i had a giant house and no job so i could just adopt like 20 of them
    They're all so sweet!! :cry:

There's already 3 that i saw that i considered adopting one of them... but my parents would KILL me
    plus its already difficult enough trying to juggle work and give Sammi the time that she needs

BUT THEY'RE ALL SOOOO ADORABLLLEEE
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    haffajappa wrote:

There's already 3 that i saw that i considered adopting one of them... but my parents would KILL me
    plus its already difficult enough trying to juggle work and give Sammi the time that she needs

I am always looking at the list too!!After I lost Hunter last year I adopted Logan,now Im looking again after the loss of Rocky.Logan is a handfull so I need to dedicate my time to him and not another dog,but I would love to have another dog.
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
    DSC02942.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    phillyfan wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

I am always looking at the list too!!After I lost Hunter last year I adopted Logan,now Im looking again after the loss of Rocky.Logan is a handfull so I need to dedicate my time to him and not another dog,but I would love to have another dog.

Make your number one goal in life to train the dog you already have....then you can add another. Petey is VERY WELL trained, he is helping mentor Monty.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC02942.jpg
    hahaha...
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Big Pete!
    DSC02927.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! He looks AMAZING!!!!!! BIIIIIIIIIG PETE! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!