~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,880
    phillyfan wrote:
    I just got back from the vet he is now with his brother Hunter :cry: Rockys tumor started bleeding bad overnight and he was throwing up blood.This day sucks bad!!!
    :cry::cry::cry: these are terrible days, indeed. only time can heal the wound and, even then, you miss them forever. it will get better, tho....promise! you still have logan, right?

hang in there. :eh:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    I just got back from the vet, she has lost another pound. The vet mentioned lymphoma and we did discuss what to do. He wants to give it one last try by putting her on prednisone. You could see the sadness in his eyes as he was talking to me. He told me to call him on Tuesday to see if she reacts to the prednisone. He told me if she does not, then its time. He also told me that we could do other methods to give her another 6 months, i think that was just for me, and not for her. I cant do that to her, i cant let her suffer any more it kills me inside to see her like she is, she is doing a lot to please me. I cant let her suffer any more!!! :cry:
    so sad for you, buddy. we all know that trixie has had a great life and a great dad! we're here for ya. :cry:

the last thing shelby did before she went was to lick my face. it nearly makes me cry, 2+ years later. :cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    phillyfan wrote:
    I just got back from the vet he is now with his brother Hunter :cry: Rockys tumor started bleeding bad overnight and he was throwing up blood.This day sucks bad!!!PJ_ROCKS be strong I hope it works out for the best.My thoughts are with you.
    Here is a pic of Rocky on the left and my 1 year old Logan right.
    p1010672i.jpg
    Here is Hunter Rockys brother that past last year.
    florida019.jpg
    So sorry to hear this. :cry:
    Very painful day for you and your family.

Rocky and Hunter are together in Dog Heaven, running through the grass.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    I just got back from the vet, she has lost another pound. The vet mentioned lymphoma and we did discuss what to do. He wants to give it one last try by putting her on prednisone. You could see the sadness in his eyes as he was talking to me. He told me to call him on Tuesday to see if she reacts to the prednisone. He told me if she does not, then its time. He also told me that we could do other methods to give her another 6 months, i think that was just for me, and not for her. I cant do that to her, i cant let her suffer any more it kills me inside to see her like she is, she is doing a lot to please me. I cant let her suffer any more!!! :cry:
    You know what is best for Trix and your heart will guide you. Let that be some comfort when the time comes. Your last act of caring for her will be what she can't do for herself.

Your post reminds me of when one of my dogs was sick with cancer. Near the end, my vet told me that he would come to our house to put her down so that we wouldn't have to bring her there. He told me that it wasn't just for her sake (and ours) but that he needed a chance to say goodbye to her too after caring for her all her life. :angel:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    This morning when I let my three out to conduct their business the girls spotted a couple of squirrels on the back fence. Tessie tore down the stairs with Sweet Pea right behind her. Tessie is a silent stalker but Sweet Pea howls. So by the time Tessie got to the yard the squirrels had jumped up into a tree and were chattering angrily.

Tessie bounced across the yard on her hind legs, with her snout pointing straight up at the tree. It was the funniest thing, I've never seen a dog do that before.

I think she would have (literally) bitch-slapped Sweet Pea if she could have.

Sailor just chugged down the steps and peed, seemingly at peace with the knowledge that there's no way he could beat them to the fence. Besides, he has no real use for a squirrel.
    dude....i love your stories! :thumbup: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Phillyfan and PJ_Rocks:

I am soo sorry for what you're going through...someone once told me "an exceptional dog is execptionally hard to lose"...and this is very true. There is really nothing that can comfort you during this extraordinarily difficult time, and you have to let all all your emotions...and know that those of us in the doggie thread know exactly what you're going through...you have to grieve for as long as it takes...

We said goodbye to our little Pinkerton just over four years ago. I had a dream about her last night, about how I was holding onto her and didn't want to let her go. We did have the vet come to our house and put her down so that our other dogs and cat could say goodbye and understand what happened to her. This prevented them from looking for her, which would have just killed us...As much as I love the two goofs we have, I miss my little Pink Dog more than I can handle sometimes...

Yeah, losing a dog is about the hardest thing a person can go through...and in time you'll be ready to accept that what you did was done out of love because it ended their suffering - but in the first couple of weeks, nothing makes any sense.

I wish I could give you guys a big hug....

vf10
    be philanthropic
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    looking for chipmunks in the wood pile :mrgreen:

b6a8302b.jpg
    f3ee4008.jpg
    3f00343b.jpg
    5640a7e5.jpg
    79942578.jpg
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    Thanks everyone for your kind words.I went for a drive to clear my head and when I got home I was expecting Rocky to start howling when I walked in like he always does.I forgot for a second that my best friend was gone. :cry: A big piece of my heart went with him today. :cry:
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
    phillyfan wrote:
    Thanks everyone for your kind words.I went for a drive to clear my head and when I got home I was expecting Rocky to start howling when I walked in like he always does.I forgot for a second that my best friend was gone. :cry: A big piece of my heart went with him today. :cry:
    the empty house is one of the worst parts (the worst?) :cry: . someday your pain will be erased by fond memories.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm wrote:
    any success? ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:
    any success? ;)

no but he's ever hopeful and always on the hunt! :lol::lol:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    imalive wrote:
    This morning when I let my three out to conduct their business the girls spotted a couple of squirrels on the back fence. Tessie tore down the stairs with Sweet Pea right behind her. Tessie is a silent stalker but Sweet Pea howls. So by the time Tessie got to the yard the squirrels had jumped up into a tree and were chattering angrily.

Tessie bounced across the yard on her hind legs, with her snout pointing straight up at the tree. It was the funniest thing, I've never seen a dog do that before.

I think she would have (literally) bitch-slapped Sweet Pea if she could have.

Sailor just chugged down the steps and peed, seemingly at peace with the knowledge that there's no way he could beat them to the fence. Besides, he has no real use for a squirrel.
    dude....i love your stories! :thumbup: :lol:

Thanks, Imalive, and thanks also for introducing me to this thread!
    My three dogs are an endless source of amusement to me... and I'm sure I am to them.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

My three dogs are an endless source of amusement to me... and I'm sure I am to them.
    best thread here! am I right? ;)

gracie is with mom for the remainder of this month. we are in the middle of moving and my wife is in the new place (salt lake) while I work another month in vegas. I miss 'em both, but what are you gonna do? maybe i'll have to dig up an old picture from photobucket. ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    phillyfan wrote:
    :cry:
    It's going to be so weird for you for a while. The first month after we lost our Seamus was just bizarre. We kept looking for him. Thank God we had Sailor and Sweet Pea at the time, I don't know what I would have done without them.

I was wondering how Logan is doing with this. I know it took Sailor and Pea a couple of weeks to get back to something like normalcy. Then six months later I brought home the puppy and it took even more time for them to sort things out amongst themselves.

I'm glad your family has Logan to help with this _ and that he has you...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    imalive wrote:

gracie is with mom for the remainder of this month. we are in the middle of moving and my wife is in the new place (salt lake) while I work another month in vegas. I miss 'em both, but what are you gonna do? maybe i'll have to dig up an old picture from photobucket. ;)

Yes you are right, I love this thread!

A month without Gracie :shock: and your wife :o poor Imalive! Just think what a happy reunion that will be...
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    phillyfan wrote:
    I just got back from the vet he is now with his brother Hunter :cry: Rockys tumor started bleeding bad overnight and he was throwing up blood.This day sucks bad!!!PJ_ROCKS be strong I hope it works out for the best.My thoughts are with you.
    Here is a pic of Rocky on the left and my 1 year old Logan right.
    p1010672i.jpg
    Here is Hunter Rockys brother that past last year.
    florida019.jpg

:cry::cry::cry: RIP Rocky

Rocky and Hunter . . . together again :angel:

So sorry for your loss phillyfan.

PJ_Rocks, your are in my thoughts - good vibes heading out to you and Trix
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

PJ_Rocks, your are in my thoughts - good vibes heading out to you and Trix[/color]
    from me too, ron. :angel:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    a dog's life! :mrgreen:

1b747eb8.jpg
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    imalive wrote:

ohhh when you and gracie see each other again it will be epic!!
    i love that, its the greatest feeling in the world when you reunite with your dog... after i come home from a long trip and see Sammi get uber excited its so awesome!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    norm wrote:
    a dog's life! :mrgreen:

1b747eb8.jpg

Ain't it grand! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

435f2839.jpg
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    on our walk

32d6c4c7.jpg

around Convict Lake today

9f7bf1f1.jpg

:mrgreen:
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    norm wrote:
    on our walk

32d6c4c7.jpg

around Convict Lake today

9f7bf1f1.jpg

I'm jealous. How gorgeous. Have your eaten at the Convict Lake restaurant? Kind of insanely good. Somebody told me there's a great Swedish (??) place in Mammoth.
    Enkidu wrote:
    I'm jealous. How gorgeous. Have your eaten at the Convict Lake restaurant? Kind of insanely good. Somebody told me there's a great Swedish (??) place in Mammoth.

been once a few years back...good food!

not sure about Swedish...there was a Swiss restaurant 'alpenrose'...it might still be here
    norm wrote:

32d6c4c7.jpg

is norm pulling you, in some sort of buggy contraption? :shock: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    is norm pulling you, in some sort of buggy contraption? :shock: :lol:

:P :lol:

norm has graduated to a retractable leash...i got tired of having to stop every 3 and a half feet for mr. sniffington :roll: :lol:
    gracie is back in town for her last visit with Dr. Macy (tomorrow). I don't expect any earth shattering news. :angel:

IMG_2620.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    gracie is back in town for her last visit with Dr. Macy (tomorrow). I don't expect any earth shattering news. :angel:

Good luck, Gracie!!!

IMG_2620.jpg

Thinks Gracie, "If there is a single puff of a breeze today I'm going to be sure it hits my belly."

Thinks Gracie, "If there is a single puff of a breeze today I'm going to be sure it hits my belly."
    how'd you know??? she absolutely loves lying like this underneath ceiling fans. :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Talked to the vet today, he said that we need to give it some more time. He did say that it is good that she is eating more, almost to the same amount she use to eat and drinking lots of water. But her activity and stamina should be more then what it is. He asked me how her days were, and well to be honest she has had one good day where she looked happy, but only wanted to play and be outside for about 10 min. I do know the prednisone will help make her hungry and thirsty. So he wants me to give it a week and just she if she starts to have more better days then bad days.

I am on a roller coaster ride with my emotions right now.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Talked to the vet today, he said that we need to give it some more time. He did say that it is good that she is eating more, almost to the same amount she use to eat and drinking lots of water. But her activity and stamina should be more then what it is. He asked me how her days were, and well to be honest she has had one good day where she looked happy, but only wanted to play and be outside for about 10 min. I do know the prednisone will help make her hungry and thirsty. So he wants me to give it a week and just she if she starts to have more better days then bad days.

Hang in there.Hopefully it works out for the best.
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

:cry: stay strong, my friend