~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    norm wrote:

norm hoping the squirrel comes down from the tree

IMG_1046.jpg

Norm: Ever the Optimist. Has any squirrel, ever since the dawn of time, come down from a tree to a patiently waiting dog?

Oh yes, here in my yard to some extint last year. I have this one that as soon as Trix turns around, starts down the tree. Then goes back up and teases Trix. it is so funny to watch that i wish i had a video camera to catch it.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Not sure what to say, going back in on Saturday to do some more tests and an ultra sound. Guys things are not looking good around these parts, I am trying to stay positive. I can see that Trix is not the same in the last few weeks, her quality of life is going down and I can see that more every day. I am trying to see this outside the box. Friends and family that come by, often tell me how she is just not the same. I dont want her to be in pain, i am so torn inside. i love her with all my heart. :(

We will be eating a big fat ribeye steak tonight!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Not sure what to say, going back in on Saturday to do some more tests and an ultra sound. Guys things are not looking good around these parts, I am trying to stay positive. I can see that Trix is not the same in the last few weeks, her quality of life is going down and I can see that more every day. I am trying to see this outside the box. Friends and family that come by, often tell me how she is just not the same. I dont want her to be in pain, i am so torn inside. i love her with all my heart. :(

:(

ah ron, i'm so sorry...you give a big hug from norm and i
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    norm wrote:

Nice. Was this at Mammoth? We were at Convict Lake a week ago, then up at Tahoe.

And thanks to everybody for posting nice things about our late dog Ernst. Dog people are the best.
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Sorry to hear that, it is a very tuff thing to deal with.I had to put down my dog (Hunter)a year ago and it aches to this day :cry: Everyone here helped me deal with it.I havent been here in awhile been very busy lately,but Im here for help again.His brother(Rocky) has taking a very bad turn his tumors are grown so big he cant walk anymore I have to carry him up and down the stairs and outside.He wont eat or really drink anything,I will be calling the vet in the morning and afraid it is his time.It pains me to do this again :cry:
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

So sorry to hear this. Penny, Django and I will be thinking about you and Trix.

I've been where you are and I know that it's hard. Your heart will guide you and Trix will know how much you love her. You know all your friends here are supporting you any way we can.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Thanks, norm-phillyfan-whoprincess and all the other great people in this thread for all your support over the years. This thread has made me smile and cry at times, and i have met some great people from this thread.
    No matter what the outcome is, I know you guys will be here for me, as i will be here for you guys.

phillyfan, that is what Trix is doing. She will drink water but really will not eat. She goes outside but for only a few minutes, then wants to come back inside to lay down. She stumbles outside when she walks and when she falls I have to help her up.

Norm I gave Trix that big hug, ok like about twenty of them. I start to cry and she just kisses me till i stop.
    I have to be strong for her.

Trix loved the ribeye that I cooked last night, I mixed it in with her food and she eat it all.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Thanks, norm-phillyfan-whoprincess and all the other great people in this thread for all your support over the years. This thread has made me smile and cry at times, and i have met some great people from this thread.
    No matter what the outcome is, I know you guys will be here for me, as i will be here for you guys.

phillyfan, that is what Trix is doing. She will drink water but really will not eat. She goes outside but for only a few minutes, then wants to come back inside to lay down. She stumbles outside when she walks and when she falls I have to help her up.

Norm I gave Trix that big hug, ok like about twenty of them. I start to cry and she just kisses me till i stop.

Trix loved the ribeye that I cooked last night, I mixed it in with her food and she eat it all.

:( I am so sorry to read this. I want you to know we are all out here for you. Sending you love, strength, and hugs.
    Love,
    Carol, Petey & Monty!
    oxoxoxoxox
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

We're sending good vibes your way. Especially Trix's black and white Aussie buddy Bubba.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    So at my work there is a big red, cardboard, octagon-shaped Canada Post bin that looks oddly similar to a fire hydrant - now that i think about it.

...Someone's dog thought it did too.
    Guess what the little guy did?

:shock: :shock: :lol::lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Awww... We're routing for Trix, i'm sure she's a trooper - you both are.
    Stay strong!!!!!!!
    <3
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Good vibes, good vibes coming your way. I bet Trix loved that ribeye just like she loves hearing you tell her how much you love her. Although if she's like my dogs she likes the ribeye better.

Some people think dogs can't understand what we say to them - that's crazy. They know exactly. And they know how much we love them.
    Enkidu wrote:
    norm wrote:

Nice. Was this at Mammoth? We were at Convict Lake a week ago, then up at Tahoe.

yep! been thinking about taking norm around convict...haven't done it in a few years :D

bc9bdfaf.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    PJ_Rocks and Phillyfan... wishing you I'm not sure what... peace, strength... as you deal with what's happening with Trix and Rocky. My heart goes out to you. :(
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,880
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

hey ron - i've been away (moving) for the last four days or i would've expressed my support and sympathy sooner. as you know, i know what you're going through. gracie, codie and I are all thinking of you and trix. :angel:

((((( vibes )))))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I am calling the vet in the morning,I trying to spend as much time with him as I can.And letting my kids say goodbye :( I dont want to make that phone call,but sadly its his time :cry:
    world fucking champs!!!
    phillyfan wrote:
    Sorry to hear that, it is a very tuff thing to deal with.I had to put down my dog (Hunter)a year ago and it aches to this day :cry: Everyone here helped me deal with it.I havent been here in awhile been very busy lately,but Im here for help again.His brother(Rocky) has taking a very bad turn his tumors are grown so big he cant walk anymore I have to carry him up and down the stairs and outside.He wont eat or really drink anything,I will be calling the vet in the morning and afraid it is his time.It pains me to do this again :cry:

i missed this...sorry to hear this...norm and i are thinking of you and rocky
    phillyfan wrote:
    I am calling the vet in the morning,I trying to spend as much time with him as I can.And letting my kids say goodbye :( I dont want to make that phone call,but sadly its his time :cry:

They do let us know, don't they... be strong. :cry:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Thanks eveyone!!!I was going to call today,but i just wasnt ready yet.I am being selfish,but it no way for him to live.
    world fucking champs!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,880
    phillyfan wrote:

i hope it's not...but it sounds like it might be....rocky's "time." sometimes, it's the only humane thing to do for our dogs...even though it is devastating for us :cry: . stay strong, my friend. almost everyone here has had to wrestle with the decisions you're making. :cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    phillyfan,

My thoughts are with you also. It is not easy and I know what your talking about, as the vet told me over the phone that this is something we need to talk about also. I will know more in about 3 hrs.

I hope you and your family are doing ok.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    phillyfan and PJ_ROCKS,

So sorry to hear about what you are both going through at the moment :( Nikita and I send out licks and hugs (btw, the licks are from her :roll: :lol: ).

Be sound.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    I just got back from the vet he is now with his brother Hunter :cry: Rockys tumor started bleeding bad overnight and he was throwing up blood.This day sucks bad!!!PJ_ROCKS be strong I hope it works out for the best.My thoughts are with you.
    Here is a pic of Rocky on the left and my 1 year old Logan right.
    p1010672i.jpg
    Here is Hunter Rockys brother that past last year.
    florida019.jpg
    world fucking champs!!!
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    So sorry bud. I'll be thinking of you today and hugging my hounds extra tight :cry:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    phillyfan wrote:
    I just got back from the vet he is now with his brother Hunter :cry: Rockys tumor started bleeding bad overnight and he was throwing up blood.This day sucks bad!!!PJ_ROCKS be strong I hope it works out for the best.My thoughts are with you.
    p1010672i.jpg
    florida019.jpg

Awwwwww :cry: i am so, so sorry. You know you did the right thing... He's at peace now. Tears are shed for you, and a big hug for you... :cry:
    bye rocky...you're back with your bro hunter now

:cry:
    phillyfan wrote:
    p1010672i.jpg
    florida019.jpg

Very sad indeed!!! He is at peace now, no more pain!!!

RIP Rocky

:cry:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

I just got back from the vet, she has lost another pound. The vet mentioned lymphoma and we did discuss what to do. He wants to give it one last try by putting her on prednisone. You could see the sadness in his eyes as he was talking to me. He told me to call him on Tuesday to see if she reacts to the prednisone. He told me if she does not, then its time. He also told me that we could do other methods to give her another 6 months, i think that was just for me, and not for her. I cant do that to her, i cant let her suffer any more it kills me inside to see her like she is, she is doing a lot to please me. I cant let her suffer any more!!! :cry:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    I just got back from the vet, she has lost another pound. The vet mentioned lymphoma and we did discuss what to do. He wants to give it one last try by putting her on prednisone. You could see the sadness in his eyes as he was talking to me. He told me to call him on Tuesday to see if she reacts to the prednisone. He told me if she does not, then its time. He also told me that we could do other methods to give her another 6 months, i think that was just for me, and not for her. I cant do that to her, i cant let her suffer any more it kills me inside to see her like she is, she is doing a lot to please me. I cant let her suffer any more!!! :cry:
    It so hard to see the pain in thier eyes,you wish you could take it all away.Be strong!!!
    world fucking champs!!!
    hang in there ron...norm just woke up and came over to say hi...pass it along to trix